Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (91754 Views)

Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by xavuv: 7:37am On Aug 25, 2019
NWANICHODE:
Lesson: you got a contract job. You new it will terminate one day. You never invested from the proceeds . Rather what came to your mind was to go and start training a lady. You are mpama!
More reason it is a fake story

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by colestephan86: 7:38am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:
I purposely registered a new name because of this story so that many people especially potential husbands can learn from this. I'll like to narrate the story in details so I want you to follow me.

It all started in 2011 when my brother got a contract job in Abuja. Then he met this lady when he went to our home town during a leave but she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

As time goes on she started crying that she is unable to pay her 300k school fees because her father is dead and her mum is not buoyant enough to continue the payment and she may withdraw as a result of this. So he offered to sponsor her education from 200level till she graduated and she agreed to date and later married her in 2014.

To make the long story short, he later got her and her two siblings well paid federal government job through his office and later got her a car. Less I forget that their marriage produced two children (a boy and a girl) in five years.

Unfortunately for him his contract job was terminated three months ago and he decided to give her 200k so that they can manage it for four months for food stuff and house keep but she told him that the money has been exhausted after two weeks. This caused a little quarrel and she decided to leave the house with both children and went to spend the week in a hotel.

This spark an annoyance of my family members and we decided to send two of our elderly brothers to her mum in our home town but the woman started sparking that she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

They later had another quarrel last month and the lady took the children to her mum in the home town through a flat without informing the husband and any of our family member. So we decided not to call her and a court letter was issued to him for request of termination of the marriage.

Now the marriage is terminated and my brother is seriously depressed.

I really learnt a lot of lesson from this.
Will court just issue a letter to terminate a marriage without meeting both parties?
Anyways sorry to your short brother
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by vickydevoka(m): 7:38am On Aug 25, 2019
AntiWailer:
The lesson is that You can't force a lady with your wealth.

Once she complains about anything irresversible in you, just give up.
Lol u funny die. Wat of very black complexion de person gads bleach
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by fortune1968: 7:39am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
Moral of the story, never lose your job.
I don't understand the morality you are talking about here . Losing a job may be beyond your control . A talk like this will not have any positive effect on the people .It may even be interpreted to mean do anything to have money even if it is criminal .
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by fortune1968: 7:43am On Aug 25, 2019
xavuv:

More reason it is a fake story
It may be true .The story really sounds real .The teller only shortened it so that the readers are not bored
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by vickydevoka(m): 7:44am On Aug 25, 2019
My papa tell me say dem no de price money for tree. Aw u go de train gal for skul. I de craze. Wen my babe say make i assist am with 100k for her skul project, I tell her our last born skul fees na 150k n na my turn to pay. Na so she pack her load de go.
Nothing give me joy pass woman way de make her money na so we go de rub mind together lyk 2 best friends

10 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by sweetilicious(f): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2019
daddytime:
Hmmm...
Lesson learned he should move on with his life.
Money no fit buy true love.
Love wey money fit buy get expiry date.
Exactly
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2019
Moral of the story, if she don't or won't contribute financially in the marriage keep her as a baby mama so the day she walks out you smile and get another baby mama.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by DaRuud(m): 7:47am On Aug 25, 2019
I hope Mr Ned the husband of Regina Daniel is reading this now

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Tunagee(m): 7:47am On Aug 25, 2019
virgoquin:

Are you minding them,these days it hurts to see how young guys are being advised wrongly especially on Nairaland.

He narrates the problem he is having with his girlfriend and the replies will be as follows
"my brother go and make money jor and you can have the pleasure of choosing any hoè you like"

Their brain has now been formatted to think that money is the only thing they need to attract and keep a woman neglecting other qualities they are supposed to work on to make the equation balance.
And as for the lady sef how can money be the only driving factor that made you go into marriage with the man,the both of them complements each other sef
Never you trust the loyalty and submission of a broke girl or woman

Brilliant, especially coming from a woman

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2019
Tunagee:

I ve learnt my lesson really. My wife also started leaving to her mum's place at any slight issue immediately i lost my job. Now she don waka since October last year.
Abeg what did you learn?

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by greggng: 7:49am On Aug 25, 2019
Rubbiish:

Are u truly a lady?
Thought u are a man

If you ask me ..na who I go ask. After many years as a man someone wan convert me to woman simply cos I aired my opinion in support of a woman. I don't know when woman started answering Greg...I think the person na comedian
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by sweetilicious(f): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Blame your brother. I thought most of you go by the mantra "Make money and you'll marry any woman of your choice?" the moral lesson in your story is that a lady could love your money and not love you. That was exactly what played out and crashed their marriage.

Secondly, his inability to invest. If he had invested part of his salary, he won't have had reasons to fight over 200k 'cause I am sure he was giving her more than that of which she never accounted for. She realized he wasn't doing so well, so her reason for the disrespect.
Nawao.200k in two weeks?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by fortune1968: 7:50am On Aug 25, 2019
Leave the lady alone .She will dearly pay back for this betrayal . Patience will surely solve your brother's problem .He should be patient and calm while thinking of the things he can do to survive .God don't leave people like him alone in times of crisis .He will overcome it and that lady will eventually be put to shame .
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by josite: 7:52am On Aug 25, 2019
What is her fault. Didn't Nigeria marriage law provides for divorce and didn't she convinced the court before the marriage was dissolved. Sooner or later the kids will ask for their dad. Let him get hold of God and himself and go forward in life.
The woman for good, bad or no reason simply made a decision the law allows her to make. I'm sure the court didn't doisolve the marriage because he was short.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by vickydevoka(m): 7:52am On Aug 25, 2019
bravehost4u:
Just 2 bullets: 1 for the mother, another for the daughter
My people knw me. I no be cultist buh my my mind strong pass cultist. I give them jst three years to leave on earth. I go jst first track the mother down bcus na she de deceive her. After two years she no change her mind she go follow her mama enter grave, na so I go go carry my pikin from dem
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2019
desvi:

and you think foreign women will tolerate your joblessness? grin
She will not by helping you get a job something beyond the dim-witted brain of their black counterpart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by meobizy(f): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2019
Humans are selfish creatures. End of story.

Thank God this throwaway account still works. You’re in luck, OP.

His height made no difference in the matter. If it did cheating for involve for their many problems. As a husband he did no wrong and fulfilled his role as a provider. Eventually he will come to terms with the divorce and celebrate the children having a mother who cares for their well-being. The pain from divorce hits a man hard at first but wears out fast leading to elation. When it hits his wife sometime later in future, he’ll find out instinctively.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by CorperKola: 7:54am On Aug 25, 2019
stag:
Is the only problem here losing his job, money?

- No stories of infidelity on her part?
- Had there been relative peace since the marriage?
- Can we then say that, apart from her love of money, she was a good wife?

But bro, how can your brother be in a contract job and he fixed two of his in-laws in ‘well-paying’ Federal Government jobs with job security while he worked in a place without job security?
Ur bro is a little dumb
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by vickydevoka(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2019
bravehost4u:
Just 2 bullets: 1 for the mother, another for the daughter
My people knw me. I no be cultist buh my my mind strong pass cultist. I give them jst three years to leave on earth. I go jst first track the mother down bcus na she de deceive her. After two years she no change her mind she go follow her mama enter grave, na so I go go carry my pikin from dem. I go waste million Marry one beach na so she go wake up one day say she wan carry my pikin go. Her papa

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by franchasng: 7:55am On Aug 25, 2019
The guy from the onset was slow. Slow men suffer a lot in the hands of women generally no matter how much money they have.

Lesson 1 to guys: don't be a slow man, wise up.

Lesson 2: whatever job you are doing, try and establish a side business and be nurturing it gradually, even if its not for sack from work or loss of your job, do it for the sake of your retirement from work because even Presidents after they retire still go back to start one business or hustle to keep them busy or watch them develop all manner of sickness and die untimely.

No matter how much you are earning in that your work today, please make a plan to start your own business, you can hire professionals to set it up for you because when you retire at age 60yrs, you can never be idle for the next 20yrs and still be healthy & alive, its either boredom kills you or brokenness kills you angry

Lesson 3: don't persuade any lady to marry you. If lady A rejects your proposal, smile, dust the same proposal and approach lady B, C, D, E, F and G at the same time and wait for their answers, out of the 6 proposals sent out, you will definitely get at least 3 yes unless you are too slow, and too docile as a guy.

From the 3 yeses, make a careful choice considering all vital factors.

I have a guy now that just went to marry a lady, and right now, more than 10 different ladies (classy working class ladies and 2 students) are going berserks saying they won't let the guy go cos they still love him and want him even though he has chosen one out of the many.

Its not as if this guy is rich cos he is not and he is not even than handsome, but guess what The guy get swag and he understands that he is the man for C's sake which many guys don't know the value of being created a man, I am outta here mhen cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by ivolt: 7:56am On Aug 25, 2019
larryking540:

he made a mistake, when u hear that ur younger brother is begging a lady up and down make he date am or marry am, how u go feel, u will feel angry and pissed off,becus its irritating,that was where the op brother problem unknowingly started from,

What do you mean by beg?
I can't see anywhere the man was begging.
If you think you can just ask a woman out and she will instantly accept you, then
you are not a Nigerian.

Ask men who are married whether their wife just followed them immediately they ask.
You will find out they most got stalled with one excuse or the other when they were starting out.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by healthserve(m): 7:58am On Aug 25, 2019
onetouchconcept:
Hmmn.
Moral of the story.
Entrepreurship is the way to go. Even it is a side hustle, invest in it. All this contract/salary jobs cannot be over relied on.

As for the lady, it is obvious that her family did not approve of the marriage and she knew this, hence the reason why she took the kids there.

Las las, this is one side of the story. There is the lady's side too, and there is the truth. He should just move on and take any lesson he can from the marriage.

Time heals almost everything

These are people when you tell them benefits of investing in a legitimate side business,they mock you calling you thieves. I know what I've seen introducing my company to people to invest in. People like to learn the hardway

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Paulo3ree(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:
I purposely registered a new name because of this story so that many people especially potential husbands can learn from this. I'll like to narrate the story in details so I want you to follow me.

It all started in 2011 when my brother got a contract job in Abuja. Then he met this lady when he went to our home town during a leave but she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

As time goes on she started crying that she is unable to pay her 300k school fees because her father is dead and her mum is not buoyant enough to continue the payment and she may withdraw as a result of this. So he offered to sponsor her education from 200level till she graduated and she agreed to date and later married her in 2014.

To make the long story short, he later got her and her two siblings well paid federal government job through his office and later got her a car. Less I forget that their marriage produced two children (a boy and a girl) in five years.

Unfortunately for him his contract job was terminated three months ago and he decided to give her 200k so that they can manage it for four months for food stuff and house keep but she told him that the money has been exhausted after two weeks. This caused a little quarrel and she decided to leave the house with both children and went to spend the week in a hotel.

This spark an annoyance of my family members and we decided to send two of our elderly brothers to her mum in our home town but the woman started sparking that she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

They later had another quarrel last month and the lady took the children to her mum in the home town through a flat without informing the husband and any of our family member. So we decided not to call her and a court letter was issued to him for request of termination of the marriage.

Now the marriage is terminated and my brother is seriously depressed.

I really learnt a lot of lesson from this.

Listen my friend, truly no one can imagine properly the enormous pain he is going through right now. I came across this quote and it made whole lot of sense to me and @same time taught me manner of approaching things now and on how to accept its outcome, and you have to figure out how best to create your own pattern.
Still, sango! you have got some job

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by SURElee(f): 8:00am On Aug 25, 2019
I hope men learn that money doesn't buy love. Money varnish now, she remembers he is short again after training her and setting her family up. Nonsense woman from a foolish family. Na her type go go marry tall man wey go use her head samkpa ground dey mop floor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Tunagee(m): 8:00am On Aug 25, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

we try to make money see wetin una dey talk, if we no try make money una no go gree date us,
hmm Lord i tire oo.

But my principle as always been 'accept me the way iam and not for what I have'
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 8:02am On Aug 25, 2019
virgoquin:

Are you minding them,these days it hurts to see how young guys are being advised wrongly especially on Nairaland.

He narrates the problem he is having with his girlfriend and the replies will be as follows
"my brother go and make money jor and you can have the pleasure of choosing any hoè you like"

Their brain has now been formatted to think that money is the only thing they need to attract and keep a woman neglecting other qualities they are supposed to work on to make the equation balance.
And as for the lady sef how can money be the only driving factor that made you go into marriage with the man,the both of them complements each other sef
Never you trust the loyalty and submission of a broke girl or woman
All correct.

The problem is not choosing the hoe but forgetting she is a hoe and taking her as a wife.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 8:04am On Aug 25, 2019
Paulo3ree:

Listen my friend, truly no one can imagine properly the enormous pain he is going through right now. I came across this quote and it made whole lot of sense to me and @same time taught me manner of approaching things now and on how to accept its outcome, and you have to figure out how best to create your own pattern.
Still, sango! you have got some job
Lol
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 25, 2019
Asifiwe:
my own brother had it differently A childhood friend of my brother returned from Finland for a second marriage after his wife who had two kids with him made up stories to get him out of the foreign country, my brother was also not married at the time, they were both preparing for his friend’s wedding, consulting and making arrangements together
When the discussion got to why my brother was still unmarried at the time, he replied that he hadn’t found the right lady and indeed so.
He jokingly asked if his friend from Finland knows any sincere Christian who is homely and have the maturity to raise a family
He responded in the affirmative that he knew a lady in Helenski who was visiting his ex-wife in the heat of their marital crisis, his ex-had said they both got talking after meeting at a train station and have since become friends (Although he did not so much approve of their friendship because his marriage crashed through many of the advice from too many influences and the accused)

He gave my brother the contact of this Lady who at the time had moved to France, my brother sent a quick message on Facebook and the lady replied almost immediately. They both got talking and the desperation to be married was so strong. Within the first two months after their Facebook interaction. She flew into Nigeria from France and even said how she rebuffed her friends who wanted to dissuade her from the marriage.

My brother felt pressured in by her haste and they both planned a wedding at the Ikoyi registry. When my brother was hesitant about the timing for the wedding, she sent some cash to pay at the registry.
She insisted that she wanted to keep the wedding plan away from her family who are in a separate part of the country. Although she invited one of her family and they both agreed to keep the other member of the family out of it.
She sneaked into Lagos sometimes in May of 2013 and they both had a marriage done after sex on her first arrival, they both did not wait for the oath at ikoyi, she hoped to be pregnant on returning to France because age was indeed ebbing to a disadvantage. She did the estimation by the online device but nothing happened when she returned.
My parents were a bit worried because of a character flaw which she began to manifest on meeting them within the short space. They could sense the eagerness
She succeeded in keeping the marriage away from her family members and waited for my brother to join her in France after all documentation and visa was granted.
It was when my brother arrived in France that the same Lady began to pressure my brother to go and pay her dowry and that he should lie or give the impression that they met in France so that she can hide the fact that she sneaked into Lagos
The marriage was bedevilled with turmoil because the lady my brother married turned out to be a domineering person, she kept several male friends even after my brother arrives in France and they were practically in charge of the home. They advise her secretly
She was having a diurnal and surreptitious close relationship within the first few months of their coming together
Her attention was so much diverted to these other men and they ruled her mind until the marriage crashed.
She became an angry fellow, very touchy, she called the cops on my brother on several occasion and as we heard, my brother on several occasion was sent out of the house they bought in the marriage. She wanted the house so she cunningly had the document in her name after making a paltry sum while the house was in build, she turned out to be a violent selfish partner who wanted virtually everything. Her only plan was to get semen to be called a mother
They had a child. She wanted to name the child. She did, but no sooner the child began to be ill
The first child of the marriage was stricken with illness but before the death of the child, she was comfortable to discuss the illness of the child in the marriage with her friends and alliances and her male loyalist before her marriage while despising my brother the owner of the child. she was not rid of males before being married. It was these divisive disruptions mainly that brought the marriage to her knees
Unfortunately, the loss was a good ground to let her go, but my brother wanting to pacify her over the loss supposing that another child will ease her pain, went ahead to impregnate her the second time.
She waited to have the baby and ended the marriage on from the hospital and had filed for divorce as my brother made to pay her child support from which she assigns funds to men

you brother was not wise. how people even have the nerve to sleep with an enemy baffles me. if he had kept his pants closed, the highest that lady will have done is to get pregnant by the other men giving her a disadvantage in the divorce as she will have to answer for infidelity.
last last she go answer before God. Your bro might as well forget about marriage

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Ugosample(m): 8:06am On Aug 25, 2019
womenareapes:
is joblessness a permanent stage of life? undecided

When the going is rough! A foreign woman will support you both emotional and physical still you rise up again

not always the case.....
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by stag: 8:06am On Aug 25, 2019
Firstorderwizard:

My bro is working for USAID on contract, his monthly take home pay is no match for any federal govt workers.Not even the legit take home pay of a permanent secretary can match it aside oil company workers (the big coys like Total,Chevron etc)

Granted. Again, his brother probably didn’t have qualifications for a level with decent pay in Federal civil service structure, so he probably gave the slot to whoever had undecided

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Ugosample(m): 8:08am On Aug 25, 2019
princfred:
All correct.

The problem is not choosing the hoe but forgetting she is a hoe and taking her as a wife.

all you listed up there are the problems
none exempt

when I tell young men to stay away from hoes and reckless formulation
people would think I'm a killjoy.

Such behaviours are the devils tool of derailing men from their purpose undecided

do not smash, come close to, or marry women like these

when you see them
jaapa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria / Fantasising In My Marriage. / Should The Man Pay It?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.