Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too (3611 Views)

How Mighty Is The Almighty God? / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Janosky: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
Emusan:

Idiot so you agree with these translations bah and are you using these translations in your house or hall

I can also give you 20 translations that rendered it like that KJV
Emusan in Sifia pains.
Stop lying.
JWs use different Bible translations.
Go to jw.org and see for yourself.
Personally I have several ones (hard-copy) at home plus others online.
SOURCE:bibletools.org
Strong's #4352: proskuneo (pronounced pros-koo-neh'-o)

from 4314 and a probable derivative of 2965 (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand); to fawn or crouch to, i.e. (literally or figuratively) prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore):--worship.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

́

proskuneō

1) to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence

2) among the Orientals, especially the Persians, to fall upon the knees and touch the ground with the forehead as an expression of profound reverence

3) in the NT by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication

3a) used of homage shown to men and beings of superior rank

3a1) to the Jewish high priests

3a2) to God

3a3) to Christ

3a4) to heavenly beings

3a5) to demons

Part of Speech: verb

Relation: from G4314 and a probable derivative of G2965 (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master' s hand)"

FACTS don't lie.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Emusan(m): 10:33pm On Aug 24, 2019
Janosky:

@1)Janosky, you suppose done pass this level but Watchtower exchanged your brain with Animal shit.
Have you studied the Hebrew lexicon of Psalms 82:1,6 (KJV)? You NEVER did !!!!
What's Hebrew meaning of El (God)?
https://biblehub.com/hebrew/410.htm

Anytime your lies are being exposed, it's then you'll people use to remember Hebrew and Greek

Show us from your own translation whether humans were directly refer to as MIGHTY GOD the way it was referred to Jehovah and Jesus Christ.

**1 Cor8:6" there is actually to us ONE GOD, the Father".
John17:3"that they know thee,the one true God"
in the words of Jesus and Paul, who is "the one true God"?

1Cor8:5,6, Is Jesus "the one true God?

You're still barking and growling.....

Is Jesus a lesser God or false God?

That's the question....no hide and seek for you.

It's a fuss to Emusan and other Trinity worshippers who twist Isaiah 9:6 to make false claims

Brainwashed JWs, I asked "What is so unique about Christ being Mighty God, if human are already a Mighty God?"

Rev3:14 where was Jesus Christ when he called himself "first born of creation" ?
Jesus says "my Father", "my God" (John20:17,
John14:28, on earth, & Rev3:2,5,12, in heaven . Jesus means the same thing. True or False?

He was in heaven....

Why did Jesus beg his Father to give him the glory he had before?

No where! You're lying....show us the verse....

@5) "The Messenger is not greater than his Owner who sent him",says Jesus Christ.
The honour for Jesus can not surpass his Father's.

See brainwashed....

Who tell you that Jesus honor should surpass His Father undecided undecided undecided

Who are you to twist the word of Christ

Jesus said you should honor Him EVEN AS you honor Jehovah....did He ask you to honor Him above how you honor Jehovah

Have you been obeying Jesus word by honoring Him EVEN AS you honor Jehovah

This is one of the Jesus statement that will continue to nail all you enemies of Christ.

@6). **1 Timothy 2:5,6
" For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all....."

Dubious man, twisting the holy Bible, where did the man Jesus give himself as a ransom for all?
Did 1 Timothy 2:5,6 say Jesus Christ is a man in heaven?
If you're honest, your wayo is exposed..... Lols.

Is Jesus mediating now or not, that's the question?

When you're tired of crying...you'll be ok

@7
1 Cor15:20,23,42-50 is still incontrovertible.
Paul says their resurrection to heavenly life is patterned after Christ, "the first fruit of those who fell asleep in death." (vs 20,23. vs42-50).
They were chosen as co-rulers with Christ in heaven " to serve God his Father " in his heavenly kingdom. Rev1:5,6.

See brainwash.....

So you mean only 144,000 will resurrect....

What of those who will leave forever on earth, are they not going to be resurrected?

Is their resurrection going to be different from that of Christ?

The same 1 Corinthian 15 was about resurrection in general only a brainwashed JWs will limit it to some particular set of people.

Paul said, "we shall not all SLEEP but we shall all be changed" isn't this evident that some people will not die and still possess this SPIRITUAL BODY?
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Janosky: 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
Emusan:

Anytime your lies are being exposed the next line is to run to Hebrew or Greek!

Show us how your translation render El Giboa as well as other translations in both verses.

Whether humans are directly refer to as MIGHTY GOD or not.
You are the one being afraid here because our recourse to Hebrew or Greek, (original languages of the Bible) gives the true meaning of any word in the Bible.
You fear Greek and Hebrew because you're afraid of your lies being exposed.
If I read any Igbo word for Chinua Achebe's "Things fall Apart ", Emusan, na which language go give the true meaning of that word?
New World Translation (nwt)
Deuteronomy 10:17
"For Jehovah your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the God great, mighty, "

Psalms 82:1,6 Men are Gods. EL (God, God's,Divine) meaning "Mighty One, Strong One.
** LEXICON
God
אֱ‍ֽלֹהִ֗ים (’ĕlō·hîm)
Noun - masculine plural
Strong's Hebrew 430: gods -- the supreme God, magistrates, a superlative

presides (takes his place)
נִצָּ֥ב (niṣ·ṣāḇ)
Verb - Nifal - Participle - masculine singular
Strong's Hebrew 5324: To take one's stand, stand

in the divine
אֵ֑ל (’êl)
Noun - masculine singular
Strong's Hebrew 410: Strength -- as adjective, mighty, the Almighty

assembly;
בַּעֲדַת־ (ba·‘ă·ḏaṯ-)
Preposition-b | Noun - feminine singular construct
Strong's Hebrew 5712: A stated assemblage

He renders judgment
יִשְׁפֹּֽט׃ (yiš·pōṭ)
Verb - Qal - Imperfect - third person masculine singular
Strong's Hebrew 8199: To judge, pronounce sentence, to vindicate, punish, to govern, to litigate

among
בְּקֶ֖רֶב (bə·qe·reḇ)
Preposition-b | Noun - masculine singular construct
Strong's Hebrew 7130: The nearest part, the center

the gods:
אֱלֹהִ֣ים (’ĕ·lō·hîm)
Noun - masculine plural
Strong's Hebrew 430: gods -- the supreme God, magistrates, a superlative

**Emusan, plz give us the Bible verses of Strong's Hebrews 410 and Strong's Hebrew 430......
Truth NEVER hides..
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Barristter07: 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
Emusan:

Anytime your lies are being exposed the next line is to run to Hebrew or Greek!

Show us how your translation render El Giboa as well as other translations in both verses.

Whether humans are directly refer to as MIGHTY GOD or not.

Good you didn't dispute humans been termed the exact same El Gibboa. or else you would have been disgraced

you should be ashamed of yourself @undelined . If it was applied to humans, are these humans NOT MIGHTY GODS TOO ?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Barristter07: 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2019
Emusan:

Yes I agreed

Since humans are worshipped , And worship belong to God in the trinitarian argument, Are these humans that accepted worship Gods ?

Then show us where it's a command to do so for human.

Or the content of the message.

Very silly human, now you shifted to Command. Revelation 3:9, (KJV)
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Will Jesus command worship for humans here or not ?

Brainwashed JWs.....
Like I always say, your ignorance of the scripture not to decipher when the scripture is talking about Jesus Christ before He became human and after He became human has led you to this.

In John 17:5 Jesus addressing the Father as "TO GLORIFY HIM ALONG WITH HIMSELF WITH the Glory He had with HIM BEFORE the world began"

This glory was before the creation, which it was never given but HAD TOGETHER WITH THE FATHER.

While John 17:24 was about the glory of His mission which the disciples were to behold.

grin grin Glory of his mission ?? , Yeebariba orisirisi ... grin .

John 17:24.

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. "

@undelined , the Glory is the same one at John 17:5 given before the Creation of the world . Emusan, Lie would not kill you grin.

further Emphasis on " Be with me WHERE I AM, to see my Glory " . Is this nor reffering to his heavenly Glory he prayed to have back ?

finally he said it was " GIVEN me ".

Claiming equal honor with Jehovah isn't a strong evident to you nor proof anything just because watchtower has brainwashed you not to reason with it.

So if I tell you, you should start HONOR me EVEN AS you honor your Daddy, it means I didn't place myself on equal level with your dad, bah

Besides, have you been Honoring Jesus Christ just as you Honor Jehovah?

in that case,
Not when the Son also honors his Father ,( John 8:49) . You probably didn't think about that did you, ? grin

Just shouting lie, like a rabies dog.

Are believer in Christ going to experience the same resurrection Jesus Christ experienced or not?

ressurection to a " Spiritual body " 1 Cor 15:44

define spiritual, is it Physical ? ? ?

Prove to the world how Ignorant you are.

since Jesus raised a spirit, have a Spiritual body, Don't ever again claim he is human in heaven. He has A GOD even in his Spirit form. Agree ??

So which body is those who will resurrect on earth according to your organization with come with, spiritual or physical?

John 3:6

" Who has been born of flesh is flesh [human being ] , and what has been born from the spirit is Spirit [spirit being ] "

Those to be resurrected on earth have no hope of going to heaven and becoming Spirit beings. they will be FLESH [humans].

Spirit life is for born agains..
, they ain't born agains.

Again Christ was raised in a spiritual body, is a spiritual body physical ? 1 Corinthians 15:44

Ignorance at its peak, so you don't know that resurrection is a miracle which means people won't resurrect with sickness and disease.

Did Jesus not ressurect WITH WOUNDS AND SCARS in the human ressurection theory ?

if those to be ressurected would be fashioned after his pattern , Would they not retain their wounds, scars, Hunch backs, Burns , ? ? ?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Barristter07: 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
Emusan

This is one of the Jesus statement that will continue to nail all you enemies of Christ.

prove that they do not honor Christ ?

secondly, You are the greatest enemy of Christ for not believing his soul died for mankind as prophesied by Isaiah .

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Barristter07: 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2019
cc: Janosky

Emusan:

The same 1 Corinthian 15 was about resurrection in general only a brainwashed JWs will limit it to some particular set of people.

You never know say ressurecting as a Spirit with Spiritual body na hope of born agains? grin

So everybody ressurected will have spiritual body , Everybody na born again grin grin both righteous and unrighteous grin

Let me see you apply spiritual body to those in your hell myth . born agains grin maybe na physical body or spiritual body we go know

[/i]

Paul said, "we shall not all SLEEP but we shall all be changed" isn't this evident that some people will not die and still possess this SPIRITUAL BODY?

shall not sleep, is not shall not die. Sleep indicates a period of rest ., Someone ressurected instantly doesn't sleep in death.

Again, Is a Spiritual Body Physical ?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by orunto27: 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Even you are Almighty but not God.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Emusan(m): 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2019
Firstly, I didn't know where to start replying you because of too much heresies in your post.

Secondly, you use the tactics of spamming my mention by bringing up disjointed post which make it impossible to reply unless I begin to copy and paste.

Barristter07:
Good you didn't dispute humans been termed the exact same El Gibboa. or else you would have been disgraced

you should be ashamed of yourself @undelined . If it was applied to humans, are these humans NOT MIGHTY GODS TOO ?

Like I said, you running to Hebrew won't save you...

Show us how your own translation rendered that verse let's see if it directly called man MIGHTY GOD.....if your term of El Giboa is true....

What is the essence of Christ being called MIGHTY GOD if Human on earth are already known to be MIGHTY GOD...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by bingbagbo(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Emusan:
Firstly, I didn't know where to start replying you because of too much heresies in your post.

Secondly, you use the tactics of spamming my mention by bringing up disjointed post which make it impossible to reply unless I begin to copy and paste.

Show us how your own translation rendered that verse let's see if it directly called man MIGHTY GOD.....if your term of El Giboa is true....

What is the essence of Christ being called MIGHTY GOD if Human on earth are already known to be MIGHTY GOD...

Stop wasting ur breath on these Jw cultists bro, their consciences are seered with a hot rod

Can't u see they Anti-Christs?
They have corrupted the Bible to suit their demonic doctrine. Relax bro.

3 Likes

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Barristter07: 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
Emusan:

El shaddai ( Almighty ) was never applied to any human, EL Gibboa applied to Messiah and other humans indicate being a powerful one. NOT an equal God.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Emusan(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
Barristter07:

Since humans are worshipped , And worship belong to God in the trinitarian argument, Are these humans that accepted worship Gods ?

Very silly human, now you shifted to Command. Revelation 3:9, (KJV)
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Will Jesus command worship for humans here or not ?

Who is the person Jesus is referring to in that Revelation 3:9

grin grin Glory of his mission ?? , Yeebariba orisirisi ... grin .

John 17:24.

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. "

@undelined , the Glory is the same one at John 17:5 given before the Creation of the world . Fake Barristter07, Lie would kill you and send you to hell

further Emphasis on " Be with me WHERE I AM, to see my Glory " . Is this nor reffering to his heavenly Glory he prayed to have back ?

finally he said it was " GIVEN me ".

Like I said, the Glory Jesus spoke about in Vs 5 is different from the one in Vs 24..

Jesus had glory with the Father which was not given...

in that case,
Not when the Son also honors his Father ,( John 8:49) . You probably didn't think about that did you, ?

Idiot....
Did me telling you to honor me the way you honor your daddy not placing me on the same level with your dad?
That's the question..

Have you been honoring Jesus Christ EVEN AS you honor Jehovah?

ressurection to a " Spiritual body " 1 Cor 15:44

define spiritual, is it Physical ? ? ?

Prove to the world how Ignorant you are.

since Jesus raised a spirit, have a Spiritual body, Don't ever again claim he is human in heaven. He has A GOD even in his Spirit form. Agree ??

I don't know your level of heresy has gone to another level....
Do you even understand the whole content of that 1 Corinthian 15 at all

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it ris raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The resurrection of the dead here, is it for particular people or everyone in Christ?

John 3:6

" Who has been born of flesh is flesh [human being ] , and what has been born from the spirit is Spirit [spirit being ] "

Those to be resurrected on earth have no hope of going to heaven and becoming Spirit beings. they will be FLESH [humans].

Spirit life is for born agains..
, they ain't born agains.

Again Christ was raised in a spiritual body, is a spiritual body physical ? 1 Corinthians 15:44

See another ridiculous one from the brainwashed JWs....

So John 3:6 is for your deluded people who will live in paradise earth shocked shocked shocked shocked

So are the people who will live forever in your paradise earth going to be BORN BY FLESH or resurrected?

If spirit is for born again....

John 3:3 says "Except a man be BORN AGAIN, he CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD"

John 3:5 says "...Except a man be BORN of water and of the SPIRIT, he CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of God"

The questions are:

1. Are you going to see the Kingdom of God or not?
2. Will you enter the kingdom of God or not?

So are you a born again person?

Did Jesus not ressurect WITH WOUNDS AND SCARS in the human ressurection theory ?

if those to be ressurected would be fashioned after his pattern , Would they not retain their wounds, scars, Hunch backs, Burns , ? ? ?

Go back to that 1 Corinthian 15 make sure you read it slowly this time....so that you will grab the description of resurrection Apostle Paul talked about.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by rosy1992(f): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
it's very vivid you don't have a deep understanding of the Bible. who is David compared to our Lord Jesus Christ?

DAVID IS NOTHING TO BE COMPARED TO JESUS
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Emusan(m): 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
Barristter07:
El shaddai ( Almighty ) was never applied to any human, EL Gibboa applied to Messiah and other humans indicate being a powerful one. NOT an equal God.

Show us how your own translation rendered it whether it says man a MIGHTY GOD, why are you afraid of bringing it down here?

Again, what is the essence of Isaiah calling The born Messiah MIGHTY GOD if Human are already known to
be a MIGHTY GOD?

You're still dodging my questions.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Barristter07: 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
Emusan:

Who is the person Jesus is referring to in that Revelation 3:9

You can as well tell us they are not humans grin

Like I said, the Glory Jesus spoke about in Vs 5 is different from the one in Vs 24..

Jesus had glory with the Father which was not given....
He said this Glory given him was because The Father loved him before the creation of the world ?

grin Liar .

Idiot....
Did me telling you to honor me the way you honor your daddy not placing me on the same level with your dad?
That's the question..

Have you been honoring Jesus Christ EVEN AS you honor Jehovah?

Open your senses, If You honor my dad You are not equal with him, Jesus honor his Father .

I don't know your level of heresy has gone to another level....
Do you even understand the whole content of that 1 Corinthian 15 at all

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it ris raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The resurrection of the dead here, is it for particular people or everyone in Christ?

Only He that is born from spirit is Spirit

The above applies to Heavenly ressurection , Paul said Like the Heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly.

See another ridiculous one from the brainwashed JWs....

So John 3:6 is for your deluded people who will live in paradise earth shocked shocked shocked shocked

So are the people who will live forever in your paradise earth going to be BORN BY FLESH or resurrected?

If spirit is for born again....

Born again is called Spiritual BIRTH, non born agains won't experience it.

What is born of Flesh is Flesh, They retained their Physical birth status as human.

What is born of spirit is Spirit.

John 3:3 says "Except a man be BORN AGAIN, he CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD"

John 3:5 says "...Except a man be BORN of water and of the SPIRIT, he CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of God"

The questions are:

1. Are you going to see the Kingdom of God or not?
2. Will you enter the kingdom of God or not?

So are you a born again person?

Kingdom of God here indicates heavenly access ( compare Matt 11:11) . evidenced by " What is born from spirit is Spirit ! spirit beings reside in heaven

John 3:8 says GOD chooses who becomes born again. Not by personal interest

Go back to that 1 Corinthian 15 make sure you read it slowly this time....so that you will grab the description of resurrection Apostle Paul talked about.

Is spiritual physical ?

If Jesus was raised in a spiritual body, Can he be physical ?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Barristter07: 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
Emusan:

Show us how your own translation rendered it whether it says man a MIGHTY GOD, why are you afraid of bringing it down here?

The fact that it doesn't render the Same word Mighty God for humans means the word doesn't indicate been God.

Again, what is the essence of Isaiah calling The born Messiah MIGHTY GOD if Human are already known to
be a MIGHTY GOD?

You're still dodging my questions.

The bold explains it, Christian translators render it that way because its accepted to be a Messianic verse, And the annointed one is a representative from God

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Janosky: 1:31am On Aug 26, 2019
Emusan:

1)
Anytime your lies are being exposed, it's then you'll people use to remember Hebrew and Greek

Show us from your own translation whether humans were directly refer to as MIGHTY GOD the way it was referred to Jehovah and Jesus Christ.

@2)
You're still barking and growling.....

Is Jesus a lesser God or false God?

That's the question....no hide and seek for you.

@3)
I asked "What is so unique about Christ being Mighty God, if human are already a Mighty God?"

@4)
He was in heaven....

@5)
No where! You're lying....show us the verse....

@6)

Who tell you that Jesus honor should surpass His Father undecided undecided undecided

Who are you to twist the word of Christ

Jesus said you should honor Him EVEN AS you honor Jehovah....did He ask you to honor Him above how you honor Jehovah

Have you been obeying Jesus word by honoring Him EVEN AS you honor Jehovah

@7)

Is Jesus mediating now or not, that's the question?

@cool

So you mean only 144,000 will resurrect....

What of those who will leave forever on earth, are they not going to be resurrected?

@1) Shame on you.
Bring PROOF that the Hebrew or Greek words/meaning is not accurate.
I challenge you to use Hebrew lexicon to prove that Psalms 82:1,6 ,(NWT)is wrong.
Psalms 82:1,6 (kjv) , you no trust your kjv?

@2)

Revelation 3:12.,Jesus has spoken to you.
Emusan, Use Jesus words in the spiritual realm to determine which "God" he is..
New King James Version
"He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God."

@3) Nothing unusual or unique.

@4).You reply, Good. @Revelation 3:12,Jesus has told Emusan his (Jesus) status in the spiritual realm.

@5)
John 17:1,5,22.
"Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven he said :'the hour has come. Father, glorify your son so that your son may glorify you. "
Vs5 "So now, Father glorify me at your side with the glory I had alongside you before the world was "
22 "I have given them the glory you have GIVEN ME..."
V24" nailed Emusan lie lie again...

@6)
Revelation 3:5,12, Jesus words in the spiritual realm is a good measure of the honor he would receive compared to his God and Father. No equality there.

@7)
Jesus is still the mediator, My prayers MUST end with the words "In Jesus name Amen ".(I don't know about you ooo!)

@cool
Lie. 2 Cor5:1.2. 1Cor15:35.36. They must die before they can enter heavenly life in spirit realm
Flesh and blood can't inherit heavenly life, 1 Corinthians chapter 15 is strictly about resurrection to heavenly life.(New heaven).
Acts24:15 ,Matt5:5. Resurrection for new earth subjects is different. Rev21:4.5.
Barrister07 has shed more light on this matter wella
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by johnw47: 3:08am On Aug 26, 2019
God has taken a people for His name, that people is Israel

1Ki_8:16  Since the day that I brought forth my people Israel out of Egypt, I chose no city out of all the tribes of Israel to build an house, that my name might be therein; but I chose David to be over my people Israel.

Isaiah 43:6-7,
I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

God is called El: "El ohim", "El shaddai"

Israel is called by God's name: "Isra el"

God's Holy Angels are also called by God's name: "Micha el", "Gabri el", "Rapha el", "Uri el"

Jesus is called Christ

Christians are called by Christ's name: "Christ ians"

Act_11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

1Pe_4:14  If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Emusan(m): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2019
Barristter07:
The fact that it doesn't render the Same word Mighty God for humans means the word doesn't indicate been God.

Isn't this exposed your previous lie that human are also a MIGHTY GOD?

Everyone knows that a word can have different meanings but you people first lie that it means human are MIGHTY GOD but when proof was demanded, the narration changed.

The bold explains it, Christian translators render it that way because its accepted to be a Messianic verse, And the annointed one is a representative from God

Is it only Christian that believe in messianic passages in the scripture?

Give us just one rabbinic rendition that ever used El Giboa for human as a MIGHTY GOD.

Your first claim was that human are MIGHTY GOD also, so what is the essence of Isaiah calling the child to be born again MIGHTY GOD if Human are already known to be a Mighty God? That's the point you're still dodging.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Emusan(m): 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2019
Barristter07:
You can as well tell us they are not humans

So are you then afraid to name the person who was referring to in that verse?

Let people see who is a liar here....

He said this Glory given him was because The Father loved him before the creation of the world ? Liar .

liar he didn't say the glory was given to Him because of the love but the Father to grant His desire/request because of the love the Father has for Him before the creation of the world.

Can you see how shallow your understanding is about scripture?

Again, this verse didn't negate verse 5

Open your senses, If You honor my dad You are not equal with him, Jesus honor his Father.

Cry of a deluded person....

If I asked you to honor me EVEN AS you honor your daddy, isn't that an indication that I'm placing myself on equal level with your dad? You think you can use your dubious way to buy away this one.

Have you been honoring Jesus Christ as He commanded you EVEN AS you honor Jehovah?

Only He that is born from spirit is Spirit
The above applies to Heavenly ressurection , Paul said Like the Heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly.

Idiot see how you change the word BORN to RESURRECTION....

The content of 1 Corinthian 15 is a general address of Resurrection, it's your lying and demonic organization who separated it. Apostle Paul was addressing misconception of people about the DEAD IN GENERAL.

Born again is called Spiritual BIRTH, non born agains won't experience it.

What is born of Flesh is Flesh, They retained their Physical birth status as human.

But the BORN AGAIN will SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD and ENTER IT.

Are you going to see the Kingdom of God or enter it?

Besides, the flesh talks about here simply means the sinful nature not human body....

John 1:12-13 says "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God...which were not BORN, not of BLOOD, nor of the will of the FLESH..."

Now look at how your demonic organization defined born Again:

Born Again
Definition: Being born again involves being baptized in water (“born from water”) and begotten by God’s spirit (“born from . . . spirit”), thus becoming a son of God with the prospect of sharing in the Kingdom of God.

Are you baptized by water?

Are you begotten by God's spirit?

Are all Jehovah witnesses baptized by water and begotten by God's spirit?

It's clear that this criteria fits in with whosoever become son of God according to John 1:12

It's evident that Jehovah witnesses are not God's son but just want to inherit earth in crook way.

Kingdom of God here indicates heavenly access ( compare Matt 11:11) . evidenced by " What is born from spirit is Spirit ! spirit beings reside in heaven

John 3:8 says GOD chooses who becomes born again. Not by personal interest

Idiot....so why are you praying for kingdom of God to come if it's just an heavenly access

This is John 3:8 "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearesth the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it forth, so it EVERYONE that is born of the spirit"

where does this verse say "God chooses who become BORN AGAIN?

See the extent watchtower has damaged your brain

Is spiritual physical ?

If Jesus was raised in a spiritual body, Can he be physical ?

Go back an read 1 Corinthian 15 to understand what Apostle Paul was saying concerning the RESURRECTION, it's evident you don't know and still continue to hold on to watchtower wrong teaching.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Janosky: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
Emusan:

Everyone knows that a word can have different meanings but you people first lie that it means human are MIGHTY GOD but when proof was demanded, the narration changed.

Give us just one rabbinic rendition that ever used El Giboa for human as a MIGHTY GOD.

Your first claim was that human are MIGHTY GOD also, so what is the essence of Isaiah calling the child to be born again MIGHTY GOD if Human are already known to be a Mighty God? That's the point you're still dodging.

@*1)
Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-
Meanings)
» H0410 «
#0410 אֵל 'el {ale}
shortened from H0352 ; TWOT - 93a; n m
—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-
Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) god, god-like one, mighty one
1a) mighty men, men of rank, mighty
heroes
1b) angels
1c) god, false god, (demons, imaginations)
1d) God, the one true God, Jehovah
2) mighty things in nature
3) strength, power

@2).
—Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament
Hebrew-English Lexicon)
Shortened from H0352 ; strength; as
adjective mighty ; especially the Almighty
(but used also of any deity ):—God (god), X
goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power,
strong. Compare names in "-el."

@3 —
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of
the Old Testament)
#410 .
אֵל
el (41d); a prim. root; God, in pl. gods :—
NASB - El-berith*(1), God(204), god(16),
God's(2), gods(3), helpless*(1), mighty(3)
, Mighty One(3), power(1), strong(1).
—NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible
with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman
Foundation — All rights reserved — http://
www.lockman.org

Addendum
*@i)
Edwin Louis Cole, Courage, Winning Life’s
Toughest Battles (Tulsa: Harrison House:
1991), p. 159:
“The word designated for the expected
Messiah in Isaiah 9:6 is el gibbor (from
the root word, geber). It is usually
translated ‘Mighty God,’ but more
exactly it is ‘Powerful Champion’ or
‘Godly Hero.’”

@ii).
John Schoenhieit, The Sower (bi-monthly
magazine) Mar/Apr 2006, Spirit & Truth
Fellowship International :
“The word gibbor means strong or
mighty, and refers to someone who is
bold or audacious, strong or valiant.
The phrase ‘el gibbor’ is used in the
plural in Ezekiel 32:21 (ESV, NRSV,
RSV), where it is translated ‘mighty
chiefs,’ ‘mighty leaders (NIV), ‘strong
among the mighty’ (KJV), ‘mightiest
heroes’ (NJB), and ‘mighty
warriors’ (Moffatt). Given that generally
an ‘el’ is a ruler in some sense, and
gibbor means strong or mighty, ‘Mighty
Ruler’ would be a good choice for the
translation of Isaiah 9:6, and that is
exactly what the Jews were looking for
in their Messiah.”

For instance, Gabriel ( /ˈɡeɪbriəl/ ; Hebrew : גַּבְרִיאֵל , lit.
'Gavri'el "God is my strength"', (similar to el gibbor)
If U lie say Immanuel na God, U see am say Gabriel na God !

***Emusan Pharisee ALWAYS argue blindly.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by OnPointMan(m): 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2019
orunto27:
Even you are Almighty but not God.

grin grin angry nice joke.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by OnPointMan(m): 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2019
rosy1992:
it's very vivid you don't have a deep understanding of the Bible. who is David compared to our Lord Jesus Christ?

DAVID IS NOTHING TO BE COMPARED TO JESUS

If you follow this thread very well, you will see where i addressed that statement dear. Don't be angry with me angry.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
I served as a soldier before i joined the Jehovah's Witnesses to become a soldier for Christ.

Jesus said "by their fruit" Matthew 7:16-17

Certainly Jesus wasn't referring to worthless arguments of no relevance when there are people out there who needed to make changes in the way they think and act! undecided

So instead of just arguing and arguing purposelessly, why not move into action and let all observers SEE what Christianity truly meant in the activities of those claiming CHRISTIANS? wink
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2019
OnPointMan:

If you follow this thread very well, you will see where i addressed that statement dear. Don't be angry with me angry.

David was likened to Jesus as a king that will conquer all the surrounding enemies of God's people, that's why he{Jesus} was often referred to as "son of David"
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Barristter07: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
Emusan:

Facts :

1. EL - Gibboa was applied to humans.

2. The exact same El Giboa was applied to The Messiah, an human too

3. Same Hebrew word . That point alone render you clueless

4. To distinguish the Messiahs ( anointed one of God NOT GOD himself] from other EL GIbboas, a different translation was adopted for both IN OTHER LANGUAGES .

If Jesus as A Messiah actually meant been Almighty, A Term never applied to any human. El Shaiddai would have been used .

3 Likes

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Barristter07: 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
Emusan:

So are you then afraid to name the person who was referring to in that verse?

Let people see who is a liar here....

The congregation in Philadelphia, They are not humans ? grin

liar he didn't say the glory was given to Him because of the love but the Father to grant His desire/request because of the love the Father has for Him before the creation of the world.

Can you see how shallow your understanding is about scripture?

Again, this verse didn't negate verse 5

John 17:24 they will be where I am, to BEHOLD the GLORY you have Given me. which Glory will they behold with him in heaven ?

grin grin grin

Cry of a deluded person....

If I asked you to honor me EVEN AS you honor your daddy, isn't that an indication that I'm placing myself on equal level with your dad? You think you can use your dubious way to buy away this one..

Have you been honoring Jesus Christ as He commanded you EVEN AS you honor Jehovah?

Read the underlined and ask yourself: Am I equal with someone I myself Give Honor ??

Idiot see how you change the word BORN to RESURRECTION....

The content of 1 Corinthian 15 is a general address of Resurrection, it's your lying and demonic organization who separated it. Apostle Paul was addressing misconception of people about the DEAD IN GENERAL.

Olodo JatiJati grin grin Its about FIRST RESSURECTION not General one that will include unrighteous ones.

Of course all the dead will receive the gift of Immortality Like God . 1 Cor 15:53 ?

All the dead will bear the image of the heavenly One , include unrighteous ones ? 1 Corinthians 15:49

But the BORN AGAIN will SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD and ENTER IT.
Are Abel , Joshua, Noah. born again ? Will he enter the Kingdom of God ?

What is born of spirit is Spirit. So the verse address abode of spirits heaven, has nothing to do with Prophecies of the New earth . 2 Pet 3:13, Psalm 37:29

Are you going to see the Kingdom of God or enter it?

Yes, Just Like faithful men of old

Besides, the flesh talks about here simply means the sinful nature not human body....

John 1:12-13 says "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God...which were not BORN, not of BLOOD, nor of the will of the FLESH..."

Keep roping yourself. That proves the point. NOT by Mans will/desire, but from God.

Emphasis on " Gods children " . contrasted with Giving birth to children by Mans will

How is a child born by the will of the flesh ? Through physical human birth ?

Born Again
Definition: Being born again involves being baptized in water (“born from water”) and begotten by God’s spirit (“born from . . . spirit”), thus becoming a son of God with the prospect of sharing in the Kingdom of God.

It's clear that this criteria fits in with whosoever become son of God according to John 1:12

It's evident that Jehovah witnesses are not God's son but just want to inherit earth in crook way.

Idiot....so why are you praying for kingdom of God to come if it's just an heavenly access

This is John 3:8 "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearesth the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it forth, so it EVERYONE that is born of the spirit"

where does this verse say "God chooses who become BORN AGAIN?

See the extent watchtower has damaged your brain

Read the highlighted, You DO NOT KNOW where it comes from, You don't know the source , You feel it. Likewise Only God knows the process that makes a person born again, not by the persons determination or knowledge.

Go back an read 1 Corinthian 15 to understand what Apostle Paul was saying concerning the RESURRECTION, it's evident you don't know and still continue to hold on to watchtower wrong teaching.

it's about the FIRST RESSURECTION

The question again: If Jesus was raised in a spiritual body, is he then physical ?

Spiritual is defined as that which is opposed to physical. Answer this and your excuse of having a God because he was physical can gently enter the dustbin

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Barristter07: 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2019

Janosky

John Schoenhieit, The Sower (bi-monthly
magazine) Mar/Apr 2006, Spirit & Truth
Fellowship International :
“The word gibbor means strong or
mighty, and refers to someone who is
bold or audacious, strong or valiant.

The phrase ‘el gibbor’ is used in the
plural in Ezekiel 32:21 (ESV, NRSV,
RSV), where it is translated ‘mighty
chiefs,’ ‘mighty leaders (NIV), ‘strong
among the mighty’ (KJV), ‘mightiest
heroes’ (NJB), and ‘mighty
warriors’ (Moffatt). Given that generally
an ‘el’ is a ruler in some sense,
and
gibbor means strong or mighty, ‘Mighty
Ruler’ would be a good choice for the
translation of Isaiah 9:6, and that is
exactly what the Jews were looking for
in their Messiah.”

Beautiful!

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Emusan(m): 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2019
Barristter07:
Facts :
1. EL - Gibboa was applied to humans.

2. The exact same El Giboa was applied to The Messiah, an human too

Was also applied to God, then are you expecting them to have the same meaning?

Your ignorance won't allow you to reason....

3. Same Hebrew word . That point alone render you clueless

4. To distinguish the Messiahs ( anointed one of God NOT GOD himself] from other EL GIbboas, a different translation was adopted for both IN OTHER LANGUAGES

If it's to distinguish between the Messiah and human, why do you want it to be applied the same way to human and the said Messiah?

Wasn't the same word used for Jehovah?

When it is used for Jehovah and human, were you expecting it to be translated the same way or carry the same meaning?

This exposes your ignorance and dishonesty....

If Jesus as A Messiah actually meant been Almighty, A Term never applied to any human. El Shaiddai would have been used .

The same Almighty was applied to Jesus in revelation...

Besides, we're talking about Mighty God here, how many Mighty God do you have?

Is Jesus a lesser God or a false God?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Emusan(m): 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
Barristter07:
The congregation in Philadelphia, They are not humans ? grin

"And to the Angel of the Church in Philadelphia"

Anyway, there are many debates on this about the identity of "THE ANGEL" human aren't Angel....but the fact still remains that, it's not a command to worship them but Christ Himself said, He will make them to do it.....and this "THEM" are the synagogue of Satan...

Which proof you're wrong.

John 17:24 they will be where I am, to BEHOLD the GLORY you have Given me. which Glory will they behold with him in heaven?

After I have tutored you, you can still be this clueless...

V22 Jesus said "The glory God had GIVEN him, He had given THEM (He's disciples)....grow in wisdom and stop perishing in the ignorance of watchtower.

Read the underlined and ask yourself: Am I equal with someone I myself Give Honor ??

It's evident that you cant give a straight answer to my question because you know, it will expose your dishonesty and show how you never obey Christ instruction despite the fact that you claim to love him.

That Jehovah witnesses might honour the Son, EVEN AS they honor Jehovah...Jehovah witnesses that honour not the Son honour NOT the Father that sent him.

Olodo JatiJati grin grin Its about FIRST RESSURECTION not General one that will include unrighteous ones.

Of course all the dead will receive the gift of Immortality Like God . 1 Cor 15:53 ?

All the dead will bear the image of the heavenly One, include unrighteous ones ? 1 Corinthians 15:49

General i mean, no separation!

Are Abel , Joshua, Noah. born again ? Will he enter the Kingdom of God ?

What is born of spirit is Spirit. So the verse address abode of spirits heaven, has nothing to do with Prophecies of the New earth . 2 Pet 3:13, Psalm 37:29

If they don't born again THEY CAN'T SEE AND ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Your understanding about that verse is too shallowed, do much research on it to under what it says and deliver yourself from the shackles of watchtower.

Yes, Just Like faithful men of old

This is where I'm going!

You want to enter and see the Kingdom of God when you're not a BORN AGAIN.

See dubious act, you admitted that only Born Again are going to heaven and according to Jesus in John 3 only BORN AGAIN can see and enter heaven.

Yet you claim, you want to see it and even enter!

Keep roping yourself. That proves the point. NOT by Mans will/desire, but from God.

Emphasis on " Gods children " . contrasted with Giving birth to children by Mans will

How is a child born by the will of the flesh ? Through physical human birth ?

FLESH AND BLOOD can't enter the kingdom of God....yet your empty brain is still claiming BORN of FLESH....when the scripture openly said, any one who becomes SON OF GOD are not BORN BY THE WILL OF FLESH...truly Jehovah witnesses perversion of the scripture has knows no bound.

Born by the WILL of the Flesh means those who failed to be transformed by the Holy Spirit.

That's why Apostle Paul says, "walk not after the FLESH, but after the SPIRIT"

"For they that are after the FLESH do mind the things of the FLESH; but they that are after the spirit the things of the Spirit"

"So then they that are in the FLESH cannot please God"

Seriously here is the verse that shattered all your ignorances "They which are the CHILDREN OF FLESH, these are not the CHILDREN OF GOD..."

The whole message of Christ in John 3 that your organization has mislead you with was summarized by Paul like this "For he that soweth to the Flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption, but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life"

Yet you still want to be born by the flesh.

Read the highlighted, You DO NOT KNOW where it comes from, You don't know the source , You feel it. Likewise Only God knows the process that makes a person born again, not by the persons determination or knowledge.

Will you shut the Bleep up....

Where does the verse say, it's God who chooses those who are born again?

also, these the my questions you purposely ignored concerning your organization lies. if you do that again, that's end to my post.

it's about the FIRST RESSURECTION

The question again: If Jesus was raised in a spiritual body, is he then physical ?

Spiritual is defined as that which is opposed to physical. Answer this and your excuse of having a God because he was physical can gently enter the dustbin

Go and read 1 Corinthian 15 do research about it and after you've fully understand it, then come back here to argue.
Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Janosky: 12:48am On Aug 28, 2019
Emusan:

@1) The same Almighty was applied to Jesus in revelation...
@2 Besides, we're talking about Mighty God here, how many Mighty God do you have?
@3) Is Jesus a lesser God or a false God?
@1) Eleyi gidigaan of Lie lie Emusan.
@2). Desperado clinging on to straws, how many Gods do you have?
@3) @ Revelation 3:12 Jesus Christ spoil market for your Trinity. @ Rev 3:12 is solid proof your question dey voicemail...

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too by Janosky: 12:48am On Aug 28, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Islamic Cleric Says Heaven is All about Sex, Men get 72 Virgins, Women Gets... / Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) / Nathan Pratt: My Journey From the delusion of Christianity To Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.