Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture (40610 Views)

Abdulrahim Dangana Gay Predator Arrested For $8,420USD Scam In Kaduna (Photo) / Nwanta Anayoeze Arrested By EFCC For $8.5 Million Scam / American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by sircrabo: 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2019
Its a WIRE WIRE Week. Lol. Shout out to all Legit Internet hustler.

Pls help me click my fiverr link jare, my impressions are pointing downwards. I cannot come and thief. I pledge to me beloved country and to my creator to earn every dime legitimately. So help me God

https://www.fiverr.com/mykel4k5/make-a-professional-email-signature-for-you
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by armyofone(m): 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
Very fresh crook...the freshest in town! No more eran for him now. Dem no dey hear word. Scam America or American tax payers at your own risk! Oyinbo know say you are crooking grin them
but waiting for a good time to strike. Oyinbo, fear him grin

FulaniTerrorix:

Check the date again

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nigerian-man-sentenced-prison-role-83-million-medicare-fraud-scheme-and-related-money
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by HappyPagan: 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Barrywest:
Pic by the left: before he started scam(fraud)
Pic by right: freshness he got from enjoyment of scam.

Now you can deduct reasons why people indulge in fraud
Crime pays.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by chiedozie198100: 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
afonjites never disappoint grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by Temptee101(m): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
Afonjas doing what they know how best to do

Fraud
Theft
....etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by monimekaz(m): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
starbuck:
I thought it was one of my brothers shocked shocked

Ekene dịrị chukwu

God will help us
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by Fahd11: 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
FBI should do a correct name check,I still suspect this is Emeka and his wife Amaka. Anyway, gbas gbos everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by Temptee101(m): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2019
Respect55:
Afo grin

...nja

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by lagdmark(m): 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
Awon omo Oduduwa they always represent the country
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by azikiweironsi(m): 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
sparog:
So because people have been stating the fact that most of the folks FBI arrested are Igbos, someone has gone ahead to unearth cases about Yorubas. One of the cases even happened as far back as 2014.

grin grin grin grin grin

I love dis nairaland aswear

grin grin This is hilarious. Can you imagine for someone to search for cases that happened in about 15 years ago in fact the culprit is walking free now just to prove a point .
Shiorr.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by janejive(f): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
Nigerians in diaspora never cease to amuse me. What happened to irking a honest living?
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by Ewedegubbler: 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
80 Igbos = 100m dollars
1 Afonja = 8.4M Dollars

That means 100 Afonjas will likely bankrupt the USA treasury

Over sense wee not kee me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
siofra:
Afonja's are disappointed

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeye boy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
sparog:
So because people have been stating the fact that most of the folks FBI arrested are Igbos, someone has gone ahead to unearth cases about Yorubas. One of the cases even happened as far back as 2014.

grin grin grin grin grin

That's the more reason Nigerians especially on this forum should focus more on the crime that was committed rather than the ethnicity of the criminal. Like I had said on numerous occasions, Nigerians are criminally minded and it transcends ethnicity. It amazes me how people gloat whenever a criminal act is reported and the criminal is of another ethnicity different from theirs. There's absoultely no reason for that. All and all, the image of Nigeria is been tarnished regardless of who the criminal is. The authorities in these western countries and beyond could careless about the ethnicity of the criminal, all they know is the nationality of the person and that's how they and the news media report it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by delishpot: 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
dake40:
Is there a way to renounce citizenship and disappear from Nigeria?

I'm asking for my landlady

Where do you want to land?
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:57pm On Aug 23, 2019
A thread for Ipob to masturbate grin
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by Codes151(m): 12:26am On Aug 24, 2019
Us citizen becomes Nigerian man
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by CanadaOrBust: 1:21am On Aug 24, 2019
sparog:

grin grin grin grin grin

No, the scamming is Nigerians as a whole. But before now everyone thought South West the most scammers.
See the vote below

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by Goalnaldo(m): 1:23am On Aug 24, 2019
soberdrunk:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy MA MAN!!! You know the thing cool
soberdrunk:
People get mind sha!!! Ordinary 3 hotel towels I "borrow" I nearly get heart attack, how do you even scam $8.3 million dollars and sleep at night! angry
See them! Na so our politicians take start. From stealing mundane things, they now graduated to syphoning billions.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by Goalnaldo(m): 1:25am On Aug 24, 2019
You guys are tired of fraud news already. So they should bring bbnaija news abi cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by maximilano: 2:18am On Aug 24, 2019
I thought it was another Igbo community....Lol
What is bad is bad, crime knows no ethnicity but people will talk when the frequency is very high amongst one group.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by AreaFada2: 2:39am On Aug 24, 2019
Very bad.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by limitless777(m): 3:14am On Aug 24, 2019
THIS is terribly terrible and becoming unbecoming.

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by Freshbaba95(m): 3:52am On Aug 24, 2019
[/b]
dangermouse:

That is why i said it in the first place...
[b]

undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by patorial(m): 3:53am On Aug 24, 2019
dake40:
Is there a way to renounce citizenship and disappear from Nigeria?

I'm asking for my landlady
Yeah exactly by committing suicide
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by AFONJACOW(m): 4:36am On Aug 24, 2019
I was surprise when they came up with names of arrested fraudsters in USA to my utmost surprise 72 out of 80 are igbos and I wonder when igbos started engaging in internet fraud, this is Afonjas in making, they disguise with igbo names just to fool FBI.... Afonjas are known for wire wire, who doesn't know that
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by RTSC2: 5:23am On Aug 24, 2019
Minjim:
Wow!

You guys really worked very hard to dig this up.

Well guess it's 1/ 80 now
If we start counting all the Yoruba Yahoo boys arrested by the efcc and FBI, it would be 80-1000000.

Awon ti naira Marley oshi.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by MyGeneration(m): 6:25am On Aug 24, 2019
Afonja smiley
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by wink2015(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2019
knightsTempler:
Nigerian Man Sentenced to Prison for Role in $8.3 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme and Related Money Laundering

A Nigerian man was sentenced to 46 months in prison today for his role in a durable medical equipment (DME) scheme in which more than $8 million was fraudulently billed to Medicare for DME that was not medically necessary.

Assistant Attorney General Brian A. Benczkowski of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney Nicola T. Hanna of the Central District of California, Special Agent in Charge Timothy B. DeFrancesca of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General’s (HHS-OIG) Los Angeles Regional Office, Assistant Director in Charge Paul D. Delacourt of the FBI’s Los Angeles Division and Special Agent in Charge Ryan L. Korner of IRS Criminal Investigation (IRS-CI) Los Angeles Field Office made the announcement.

Ayodeji Temitayo Fatunmbi, 47, of Nigeria, was sentenced to 46 months in prison by U.S. District Judge Christina A. Snyder of the Central District of California, who also ordered Fatunmbi to pay $1,076,893.15 in restitution. Fatunmbi pleaded guilty on May 8, 2019 to one count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud and one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering.

Fatunmbi was charged along with Olufunke Ibiyemi Fadojutimi, 47, of Carson, California, and Maritza Elizabeth Velasquez, 44, of Las Vegas, Nevada.

As part of his guilty plea, Fatunmbi admitted that he and others paid cash kickbacks to patient recruiters and physicians for fraudulent prescriptions for DME such as power wheelchairs, which the Medicare beneficiaries did not have a legitimate medical need. Fatunmbi and co-conspirators caused Lutemi Medical Supply (Lutemi), a DME supply company that he co-ran, to submit approximately $8.3 million in claims to Medicare, which resulted in the company being paid over $3.5 million. Fatunmbi further admitted that he was responsible for $2,090,434 in false and fraudulent claims for medically unnecessary DME and that as a result of his conduct, Medicare paid Lutemi a total of $1,076,893. In furtherance of this scheme, Fatunmbi and a co-conspirator wrote checks from Lutemi’s bank account to Lutemi employees and others, and Fatunmbi instructed that those monies be returned to him to pay the illegal cash kickbacks to the patient recruiters and doctors, he admitted. Fatummbi admittedly directed others at Lutemi to engage in these tranactions to conceal the nature and source of the proceeds of the health care fraud conspiracy.

Velasquez pleaded guilty on July 24, 2013, to one count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud, and was sentenced to 15 months in prison and restitution in the amount of $3,411,428. Fadojutimi was found guilty after a jury trial on July 31, 2014, of one count of conspiracy to commit health care fraud, seven counts of health care fraud and one count of money laundering, and was sentenced to four years in prison and restitution in the amount of $4,372,466.

This case was investigated by the HHS-OIG, the FBI and IRS-CI. Trial Attorneys Claire Yan, Emily Z. Culbertson and Justin P. Givens of the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section are prosecuting the case. The Asset Forfeiture Section of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California is handling the asset forfeiture aspects of the case.

The Fraud Section leads the Medicare Strike Force, which is part of a joint initiative between the Department of Justice and HHS to focus their efforts to prevent and deter fraud and enforce current anti-fraud laws around the country. Since its inception in March 2007, the Medicare Fraud Strike Force, which maintains 14 strike forces operating in 23 districts, has charged nearly 4,000 defendants who have collectively billed the Medicare program for more than $14 billion. In addition, the HHS Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, working in conjunction with HHS-OIG, are taking steps to increase accountability and decrease the presence of fraudulent providers.

To learn more about the Health Care Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Action Team (HEAT), go to: www.stopmedicarefraud.gov.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nigerian-man-sentenced-prison-role-83-million-medicare-fraud-scheme-and-related-money

These are the guys who spoil our international image by abusing position of trust.

Getting USA visa to THE STATES ordinarily would have been a simplified process becomes very difficult.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture by alshalz(m): 7:36am On Aug 24, 2019
IPBO is better,they will do the crime alone and face the consequence while their famies enjoy it but our sophisticated yellowbar mouzilems will involve their wives,children,parents even their grand and greatparents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SARS Officials Shoot Armed Robber Dead In Bayelsa, Arrest One (Graphic Photos) / Four Men Who Lynched A Soldier To Death And Burnt His Body In Ghana (Photo) / Criminal Arrested While Hiding At Girlfriend's Place After Killing Man. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.