Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. (40968 Views)

How Poor Planning Led To Failure Of Abuja Urban Mass Transport Scheme / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / Lady Who Rescued Accident Victims In Lagos Narrates Her Ordeal. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2019
Pls dont try it PMT
When we have bunny ways and GIG
I m going for service soon, God knows i will never come close to PMT, accident prone transport company...
God forbid

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by seniorgozman(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2019
I hate Peace mass, I prefer trekking to entering their buses

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Faceville: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2019
My own experience was even worse than this, I played along until i got to the army checkpoint. grin grin
The Driver was full of remorse... still treated his f**k up grin

7 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by maasoap(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2019
AkupeMBANO:
peace mass is the worst transport company is Nigeria. there is no transport company peace mass is better off than. I used to be a regular customer with them at their Orji owerri park. but i discovered this company has the worst customer service officers (compared to other companies), bad mouthed managers, irresponsible drivers to the core. I conspicuously announced to my family members and who ever cared to listen to avoid them. they are heavily fvcked. i repeat, heavily fvcked!!!!

Their accident rates is like the highest in the country

5 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2019
Wow ! You mean you subjected yourself to such inhuman treatment because of N7,300 ? That amount is not worth two days of your life being wasted like that. Next time move on to get better value for your time elsewhere and later seek redress.

6 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2019
crazygod:
I've not heard any bad report about ABC transport. To me, they are the best road transport in the country
God is Good dey try too.

6 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by AkupeMBANO(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2019
maasoap:

Their accident rates is like the highest in the country
shout it, for those at the back.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Psoul(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2019
One reason I love ABC Transport. Even if every other thing fail in the company, they don't play with safety. They cannot abandon their passengers on the road. They have staff that are ready to listen to u at all time irrespective of hw boring ur complaint might sound.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by blackmantis: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2019
My experience with Peace from Abuja to Onitsha is similar. Very rude drivers and staff.

If not GIGM or ABC or Ekeson I'd rather fly

7 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Yuneehk(f): 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2019
I can't even think of them when I'm confused on which transport company to follow. ABC remains the BESF! GIGM comes close tho with my own experiences. Who pays 1500 for loads? Are you supposed to travel without any luggage?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by cpu2006(m): 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2019
madam, if you want to get justice, come to human right radio in abuja or search for brekete family on youtube. so simple madam!
Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by ochiosa(m): 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2019
PEOPLE STILL USE PEACE MASS TRANSIT? THE OTHER DAY THEIR OGA WAS TRYING TO WASH THEIR DIRTY IMAGE BY TELLING US THAT HE RETURNED #1BILLION NAIRA OVER PAYMENT AS IF HE HAS CHOICE.

3 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by sugerbaby(f): 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2019
tolugar:
I love peace mass transit

But they have the most annoying staff in this country though apart from “NEPA”

He is good at employing hooligans thus indirectly running down his business
I could remember my own experience early this year,we boarded PMT from Bayelsa to Ebonyi on a Saturday(sanitation) we left the park on getting somewhere within the town (bayelsa)we were stopped by the sanitation officers by 6:25am and our driver was told yo give them something but he refused, we were parked one side till 7am and told we are defaulters(sanitation breakers)
They drove us(the sanitation officers) to their court,they only freed a pregnant woman and others were charged plus our driver. The management of PMT came and bailed their driver and left us in the court.I bailed myself with #10,000,I went back to the park for my luggage only to discover that the driver dropped it in the park and loaded reloaded(he has left)
We explained(those of us that bailed ourselves, cos others were still in the court)ourselves to the management, do you know that they weren't remorsed,we were even asked to buy another ticket since they bus we paid for has left.We asked them to reimburse us the #10,000 since it was the company bus but they were like"it's not their business" after heated argument they only told us to follow a bus to Enugu then sort ourselves out to Ebonyi state.My transport fare gone!my #10,000 gone too.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Realmo: 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2019
I had a similar experience from ikorodu to Abuja, I already decided never to use their services again. The staffs are very terrible and a awful customer service. I just pity the owner. If nothing is done that business might not survive another year.......

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Israelpeters(m): 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2019
Trust no transporter the young did same Nigeria system even pmt

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by sizer07: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2019
Willgates:
Peace Mass Transit Company (PMT), I hope this gets to you.
Cutting a cake into two unequal parts, sharing the tiny portion among ten persons and keeping the larger portion for yourself alone would be termed unfair.

What Peace Mass Transit Company(PMT) did to us goes beyond unfairness. It's outrageously inhuman and cruel.

Part 1

The journey started out fine (if you call fine leaving for Calabar some minutes past ten in the morning all because they were "fixing" the vehicle).
I'd paid #7300 as fare(from Ibadan to Calabar). And I'd paid an extra #1500 to a Ludlum who insisted on extorting from passengers on account of luggages.
We got to Benin around 4pm or so,
and there, the 'fixed' vehicle broke down.
Initially, I thought nothing of it, my optimistic mind viewed the driver as competent and reasonable. I was wrong. Oh, was I so wrong.
After standing in an uninhabited place for three hours or more, with dismal thoughts of despair running through my mind, I started panicking. It was getting dark.
I have a friend in Asaba, the closest city to where we were stranded. At this point, I did what any reasonable human would do in such circumstance, I proposed to my friend Ebiti,who was traveling with me, that we go stay in Asaba with my other friend and continue the journey the next day. We related the conceived idea to the driver and he said, "I've called for a bus, I don't know what's taking them so long. It's getting dark, so you can go but come very early to our main park in Onitsha with your tickets, our Manager will arrange for another bus to take all of you back to Calabar."
Note; this was already some minutes past 7pm in a desolate area. All the men had hightailed and boarded vehicles to Onitsha, leaving five women and three kids alone with a driver who looked so disoriented and more confused than a child burdened with the choice of ice cream or chocolates.
At some point, I and Ebiti left for Asaba with the driver's number, a passenger's number and a promise that a vehicle was coming to convey the other women and children to Onitsha.

Part 2

We spent the night in Asaba which was a better experience than sleeping in PMT park in Onitsha (been there, done that. It happened on a different journey and I tell you, it's a terrible experience. The mosquitoes there can bear me witness).
However, Up untill 9pm, we kept calling the driver and passenger for update and as at that time, the bus they were expecting hadn't arrived. The passenger (a woman with two young kids) was hysterical. With her kids and no cash, she was scared. Their numbers stopped going through as at 9:12pm.
The next morning, 4:35am, we were already on the road looking for a vehicle to Onitsha.
Forget our discomforts, forget the expenses and focus on the threats to our lives.
We stood there for few minutes and finally boarded a bus with a driver who insisted on being an ass. We arrived Onitsha 5:30am.
Last stop, PMT Onitsha. We met some persons in the park and related our story to them. They directed us to a man who they claimed was in charge (though I highly doubt that). After the story and blah blah blah, the man who I think has zero emotional IQ acted like we were nuisance and treated us as such. I took his shitty remarks in good faith. It was so unlike me, but I really did. Going there was pointless cause he redirected us to another PMT park still in Onitsha, clamming that buses heading to Calabar had a different park. So we boarded another vehicle to take us there.

Part 3

6:10am, we were at the said park. We went straight to the main office and narrated our ordeal to the staffs. A man with a very unfriendly frown and an ugly looking mustache replied, "all these people sef, una wan come worry person this morning. I've told ur people that were here that they should go meet the manager at the other park or call him and complain."
As an after thought he added, "or pay another transport from Onitsha to Calabar."
I would have replied with something nasty(although E

Any one with his right sense will dear not near peace mass transport motors, facts are there that this company is the most highest employers of touts and there drivers are so arrogance follow by big Joe motors.2 there cars are prone to be the most in times of braking down on the road, with 90% chance of braking down while on journeys.I can go on and on.list I forget they are also a moving curfew due to the recklessness of there drivers.advise stay away from PCM. Period

5 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by blackmantis: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2019
Psoul:
One reason I love ABC Transport. Even if every other thing fail in the company, they don't play with safety. They cannot abandon their passengers on the road. They have staff that are ready to listen to u at all time irrespective of hw boring ur complaint might sound.

They also don't joke with time. Even with thier Super sleeper half full they left Abuja at 5pm to Lagos. With ice cool A.C.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by sylve11: 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2019
tolugar:

you haven't used Bob Izua Motor before. The staff are not only thugs but majority of them arranged with thieves to steal from passengers. cool

between PMT managements and Bob Izua's........, i don't know which is better. angry cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by timilinda(f): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
AntiBrutus:
People still enter that death trap?

They even pay to enter it.

Wonderful! That is akin to paying for your own assasination.

My dear! I don't know if it is jazz or something else. I so pray nothing takes me into any of their vehicles.
The only day I did, against my better judgement, we ended up having a serious accident out the driver's carelessness.

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by chukwugoziegi: 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2019
OgbanjeProphet:
Bịa PMT, why
Just as I was thinking of making PMT my preferred public transport, see stories!

Peace Mass Transport, the reputation of your company is at stake with this kind of stories. Una better adjust ooooh!

Don't try it abeg. God is Good all the way.
Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by chukwugoziegi: 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
Psoul:

You're right.

ABC or GIG would never do this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by krett(m): 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
This exact stuff happened to me yesterday I left anara for Lagos with constant link getting to binin our bus broke down I asked the driver the way forward he said they will send another bus from Anara to binin ..I jejely took my logages and left ..funny thing I saw them in ojota this morning by 11:30 they slept in the police station.

When traveling always go with extra cash .

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by dokyOloye: 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
Willgates:
They have called her to kill the story, promising her employment in one their parks. But she turned the Greek gift down. How is it hard to apologise to your customers? Pls let's help her and the other customers get justice.
Problem with Peace Mass Transit is the attempt of d owner to mix family and business.
All d touts in Nsukka who can put a key in an ignition are given employment in d company.

16 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Realmo: 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2019
AkupeMBANO:

shout it, for those at the back.

Because they overuse their drivers.
The other day one driver refused to take us to abj because he was tired. He said he has been driving for days without sleep and they're still begging him to take us to Abuja even the regional manager called to beg him too, the guy stood on his ground oh and the passengers supported him...refunding the passengers is another story........Ye ye people

5 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by dokyOloye: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
tolugar:

The owner uses d company as an empowerment program for Nsukka ppl thereby employing all d hoodlums who can put a key in an ignition.

6 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by fmwise2k(m): 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
Pls mention all za bad bad transport company we should avoid... PMT.. Big Joe... Oya..

3 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2019
PMT and Useless drivers are like bread and beans.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2019
fmwise2k:
Pls mention all za bad bad transport company we should avoid... PMT.. Big Joe... Oya..

Chisco! Their luxurious buses are bad.

3 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Area4Area: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
I'm not condoning the behavior of PMT because I know the attitude of most of their drivers but you sef, is there no God is good buses or transport lines in Ibadan that you have to go with PMT? Who does that these days, sorry for the trauma but you follow cause your stress.
Even in Onitsha, most people dread their parks both at Upper Iweka and that at Owerri road.

4 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by Area4Area: 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
OgbanjeProphet:
Bịa PMT, why
Just as I was thinking of making PMT my preferred public transport, see stories!

Peace Mass Transport, the reputation of your company is at stake with this kind of stories. Una better adjust ooooh!
Don't try them please, na dem get accident pass, na dem get bad mouthed staffs and lousy uncouth drivers pass, I blame the OP for not asking around before choosing them.

3 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by sway112: 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
Avoid peace mass transit ... It's better to ride on a camel than follow PMT. Oooohhhh God bless "God is good motors " I can sleep with my 7 eyes on any journey

4 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. by peacettw: 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
Let me add to this. Please desist from using PMT. I can't share my experiences cos it pales in comparison to the story here.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Without Fingers Rides Okada In Ibadan (Photo) / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home / Air Peace Passengers Asked To Delete Video In Lagos Before Boarding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.