Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples (715 Views)

Is MouthAction Godly for Married Couples? help! / Is It Okay For Married Couples To Make Love Before Going To Church? / Pls Don't Judge Me Harshly But I Seem To Be Falling For Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by AppleofGod(f): 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2010
There is often a misconception that marriage counseling is only for those that are married. This misconception has led many counselors to change their status from marriage counselor to that of relationship counselor. The reality is, you don’t have to be married to seek marriage counseling.

We live in an age where couples are less likely to take that extra step to formalize their relationship. That doesn’t mean the relationship is any less important. There are still children involved, shared assets, and an assumption of lifetime togetherness. The only difference between married and unmarried couples is that piece of paper.

What is a little different is the perceived stress that this situation can put on a relationship. Because that piece of paper is missing, bringing a relationship to an end is fairly simple – there is no divorce as such. However, you still have the difficulties of dividing up assets and determining child arrangements.

If an unmarried relationship is under stress, it is important to seek professional help as soon as possible. The issues that unmarried couples go through are no different to those of married couples. Marriage counselors are able to help couples, married or not, work through those issues and so save the relationship.

If you’re in a relationship, don’t let a piece of paper prevent you from talking to a marriage counselor. I’ll let you in on a secret – they don’t ask to see your marriage certificate. As far as a marriage counselor is concerned, your a couple who have come in looking for help – and they do that very well.
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by Mygoldie(f): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2010
its for everybody,both married or single. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by koolchicco: 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2010
@OP

Is that your pics? undecided
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by Mygoldie(f): 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2010
koolchicco:

@OP

Is that your pics? undecided

pmsl what's wrong with it?lol lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by MrCork21: 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2010
yea i need counsellling, I cant find a good black woman, who can cook & cleen

, and who dont talk back!! (no ofeinse) angry
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by koolchicco: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2010
@Mr Cork

There's nothing counselling will do for ya as your case is beyond remedy already. No Oofeinse cheesy
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by MrCork21: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2010
koolchicco , Bro, naija womens are not only on my case coz of my good looks, moiney, persanality, BMW,

for some reason, they just want to have kids for me, am fed up!!, 4real!!
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by Dsense(m): 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2010
OP.
I red ur thread nd quitely understood every point u mentioned nd those u couldn't.But to base it on my idea nd other ppl's understanding ,There is nothing called marieage counsellor .i BELEIVE THE COUPLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SOLVE THEIR MISUNDERSTANDING WITHIN THEMSELVES .Why counselling !!!!!
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by queeneve: 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2010
Counselors are served as a mediators and MEDIUMs, THEY LISTEN TO BOTH SIDES AND PRESENT a screenshot so the other person can see from that person's perception.

If you are not seeing your partner's point sometimes a counselor who is unbias can provide that assistance so that you can make improvements on your own without resorting to divorces or more unhappinesses because BOTH OF YALL ARE FRUSTRATED,

When there are unhappiness in the home it FUKK UP THE VIBE FOR EVERYBODY, don't be selfish and seek outside PROFESSIONAL UNBIAS help if you have to IN ORDER TO MOVE ON,

PRIDE FUKK UP MARRIAGES,
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2010
AppleofGod:

There is often a misconception that marriage counseling is only for those that are married. This misconception has led many counselors to change their status from marriage counselor to that of relationship counselor. The reality is, you don’t have to be married to seek marriage counseling.

We live in an age where couples are less likely to take that extra step to formalize their relationship. That doesn’t mean the relationship is any less important. There are still children involved, shared assets, and an assumption of lifetime togetherness. The only difference between married and unmarried couples is that piece of paper.

What is a little different is the perceived stress that this situation can put on a relationship. Because that piece of paper is missing, bringing a relationship to an end is fairly simple – there is no divorce as such. However, you still have the difficulties of dividing up assets and determining child arrangements.

If an unmarried relationship is under stress, it is important to seek professional help as soon as possible. The issues that unmarried couples go through are no different to those of married couples. Marriage counselors are able to help couples, married or not, work through those issues and so save the relationship.

If you’re in a relationship, don’t let a piece of paper prevent you from talking to a marriage counselor. I’ll let you in on a secret – they don’t ask to see your marriage certificate. As far as a marriage counselor is concerned, your a couple who have come in looking for help – and they do that very well.

the keyword is marriage

why would i go for marriage councelling when am your single
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2010
poster you are so right on this,counselling should not be for only married people if everybody having distressed rship were to be counselled some of this rship could be saved.
Re: Counselling Is Not Only For Married Couples by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2010
and save chicks and guys ultimately from having multiple sexual partners.

(1) (Reply)

True Love / Is This Love / Men & Women, Don't Delude Yourselves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.