Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others (32867 Views)

Buhari Heads To Senegal Amidst Multiple Terror Attacks / Enugu Raises Alarm Over Illegal Connection Of Establishments' Electricity Line / Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Endowed595(m): 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2019
Did you have to quote the write up? Is something wrong with you?
Livefreeordieha:
lol
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Blazebond(m): 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
Fools have started to talk again,I have not seen light where I live for the past three months,yet some pathetic Nigerian electricity goats want to be continental players.
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
Endowed595:
Did you have to quote the write up? Is something wrong with you?
yes and no.. But I'm certain u need Colorado or drowning or both.. Because it appears u suffer paranoia.. Hence ur bother... Before u ignorantly try to justify ur mental illness.... Ask ur brain how what I did affected ur life and that of ur generations to come....

Only a functional brain though will have the right answer however..
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by lesson44: 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2019
Is this some kind of a joke?
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by IDnoble1: 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Tina26:
I worked at kanji during my IT let me explain . Our dam is on river niger, to stop other countries along same river building their dam on same river we have to sell them light . Ivory coast benin ghana etc we sell to pay in dollars and quickly unlike in 9ja where there is billing and payment issues.
Do you mean it's from Nigeria that Cotede voir get that their stable electricity?
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Okoroawusa: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
PetroDollax:
Forget about your links. A person living in Ghana is telling you the current reality and you are posting some meaningless links?

Ghana currently produces more than 5,000MW, double what the country needs, which is about 2,500MW. So what I suspect is that Nigeria May be looking to buy Ghana’s excess electricity.

What is 5000MW to Nigeria?

The enery need of Lagos alone is more than that
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by 9gerian: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
I laughed hard cheesy

prekumohtim:
Please can we all gather and swear for this people ? Only that no amount of swear will be enough .
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by sizer07: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2019
PureFace1:
Electricity: The Federal Government, Wednesday, disclosed that it was building power transmission line to link up some countries in the West African sub-region.

Speaking in Abuja at the 2019 participants/key stakeholders interactive forum organised by the Market Operator, the Managing Director of Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, Mr. Mohammed Gur Usman, stated that the project will take a 330KV electricity transmission line right from Nigeria up to Senegal.

He said, “In the whole of West Africa we are the only one that has the experience of 330KV but now 330 KV will run from Nigeria unto Senegal.

“Let me be precise, we are going to have a 330KV that will run from Shiroro to, to Parakou, Parakou to Northern Togo, Northern Ghana to Cote deviore.

“Another one will come from Northern Ghana to Senegal to Guinea-Bissau, to Mali to Burkina Faso and it will join Ghana. This is the study that we have launched.”

To this ends, Usman charged the major stakeholders in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry, NESI, especially, the Market Operator, MO, to be ready to assume the task of regional player in the sector.

He said, “As the Chairman of West Africa Pool, WAP, I made the WAP to draft, the directives which was approved on the 22nd of May and 22nd of December, 2018.

“That is the written of ECOWAS Head of State and Government of 22nf of December 2018. They approved that three directives and what are those directives that we forwarded to ECOWAS for approval are:

“First, All utilities in West Africa must have their revenue requirement. The second directive is that countries that elect not to give the requirement, they should budget for it in a transparent manner.

“This means that if the utilities do not have their course reflective tariff then the countries should budget for it in a transparent manner that is they should provide for it in their national budget.

“We did not stop there, we said that all utilities in west Africa should conduct themselves in such a way that they should do their procurement in a transparent manner- meaning they should adapt competitive procurement of their services and their goods because if we have the budget and we have the money and we apply it in an inefficient manner, it means that cost of energy will soon go up.

“In reality, if it is truly a market is driven by rules and regulation and people have to comply with the rules and there has to be sanction for performance and there has to be a reward of non-performance and a reward for extraordinary performance.

“If a market is existing in such a way that everybody does not performance and can get away with it, there is no way that that market can grow or perform.”

According to him, “TCN may probably cease to exist very soon and then you will have TSP and ISO, ISO will be the one that will be operating the market operator under ISO and everything that I have to do for that transition to take place, I have been doing it daily. Every day I have been doing those things that would lead to those organizations to separate.

“Because we have not applied the market position in our market tenders, in solar, you cannot say that Nigeria has comparative advantage but, in terms of normal generation that would be done by gas and hydro.

“Nigeria still has comparative advantage across West Africa. Which means there is a demand for electricity from here to the rest of West Africa? What we are doing is to enable that happen. To enable that happen, we are going to build a transition line across West Africa so that we can export energy from here to the rest of Africa.

“I am happy to tell you that the design consultancy and the environmental study for the medium backbone were launched

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/fg-to-extend-electricity-line-to-senegal-ghana-others/amp/

Useless set of peoples called nigerians, what a shit hole country. As I type this comment, am in darkness 6 some times 7 hours of light here in Benin out of 24hours with the highest tariff paid and someone is here telling us how they are trying to wire another country 330kv and also been the best in west Africa, where as your own country is suffering of epileptic power supply in most part of the country. Spitt

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by sizer07: 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
PureFace1:
Electricity: The Federal Government, Wednesday, disclosed that it was building power transmission line to link up some countries in the West African sub-region.

Speaking in Abuja at the 2019 participants/key stakeholders interactive forum organised by the Market Operator, the Managing Director of Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, Mr. Mohammed Gur Usman, stated that the project will take a 330KV electricity transmission line right from
LNigeria up to Senegal.

He said, “In the whole of West Africa we are the only one that has the experience of 330KV but now 330 KV will run from Nigeria unto Senegal.

“Let me be precise, we are going to have a 330KV that will run from Shiroro to, to Parakou, Parakou to Northern Togo, Northern Ghana to Cote deviore.

“Another one will come from Northern Ghana to Senegal to Guinea-Bissau, to Mali to Burkina Faso and it will join Ghana. This is the study that we have launched.”

To this ends, Usman charged the major stakeholders in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry, NESI, especially, the Market Operator, MO, to be ready to assume the task of regional player in the sector.

He said, “As the Chairman of West Africa Pool, WAP, I made the WAP to draft, the directives which was approved on the 22nd of May and 22nd of December, 2018.

“That is the written of ECOWAS Head of State and Government of 22nf of December 2018. They approved that three directives and what are those directives that we forwarded to ECOWAS for approval are:

“First, All utilities in West Africa must have their revenue requirement. The second directive is that countries that elect not to give the requirement, they should budget for it in a transparent manner.

“This means that if the utilities do not have their course reflective tariff then the countries should budget for it in a transparent manner that is they should provide for it in their national budget.

“We did not stop there, we said that all utilities in west Africa should conduct themselves in such a way that they should do their procurement in a transparent manner- meaning they should adapt competitive procurement of their services and their goods because if we have the budget and we have the money and we apply it in an inefficient manner, it means that cost of energy will soon go up.

“In reality, if it is truly a market is driven by rules and regulation and people have to comply with the rules and there has to be sanction for performance and there has to be a reward of non-performance and a reward for extraordinary performance.

“If a market is existing in such a way that everybody does not performance and can get away with it, there is no way that that market can grow or perform.”

According to him, “TCN may probably cease to exist very soon and then you will have TSP and ISO, ISO will be the one that will be operating the market operator under ISO and everything that I have to do for that transition to take place, I have been doing it daily. Every day I have been doing those things that would lead to those organizations to separate.

“Because we have not applied the market position in our market tenders, in solar, you cannot say that Nigeria has comparative advantage but, in terms of normal generation that would be done by gas and hydro.

“Nigeria still has comparative advantage across West Africa. Which means there is a demand for electricity from here to the rest of West Africa? What we are doing is to enable that happen. To enable that happen, we are going to build a transition line across West Africa so that we can export energy from here to the rest of Africa.

“I am happy to tell you that the design consultancy and the environmental study for the medium backbone were launched

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/fg-to-extend-electricity-line-to-senegal-ghana-others/amp/

Useless set of peoples called nigerians, what a shit hole country. As I type this comment, am in darkness 6 some times 7 hours of light here in Benin out of 24hours with the highest tariff paid and someone is here telling us how they are trying to wire another country 330kv and also been the best in west Africa, where as your own country is suffering of epileptic power supply in most part of the country. Spitt
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by GoodGovernance: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
Jamersirwin1971:

Ghana has their own dam, and don’t depend on Nigeria .. make una stop all this wrong information that Nigeria sell to Ghana .. up till now ghana dam is controlled by an American company every three years they renew contract with them . The last 10 years had a change in contract from a company to another just few months ago . Go to google and read more . They call their dam Akosombo Dam

So only one dam can serve the whole of Ghana?

Receive sense now!
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by chrisagyei: 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2019
Okoroawusa:

What is 5000MW to Nigeria?

The enery need of Lagos alone is more than that
Do you want me to tell you what 5,000 mw can do for Nigeria. As of May 2019 the whole of Nigeria electricity generation was 2,400 mw and Nigeria's electricity has never reached or exceeded 5,000 mw if you care to know. Why do you think some cities and towns go more than 6 months without electricity but rely on generator or nothing. By the way the population of Nigeria as of 2019 is 201 million people who depend on 2,400 mw of electricity whilst the population of Ghana in 2019 is 29 million people and produces 5,000 mw of electricity and exports to Togo,Benin,Burkina Faso, Cote D'Ivoire so stop acting ignorant and demand more from your useless government. Do you enjoy 24/7 of electricity?,NO! buh Ghana does.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by luluosas(m): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
Foolish people. When you currently serves me three hours on, six hours off. Yeye government
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by nicepoker101(m): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
showafrica:

Are you alright? Let them dam it let us buy from them and have stable electricity. We have been daming it for 60 yrs yet, nothing to show and you want us to continue. Nigeria needs screening, a lot mad people dey here from top to bottom.
Take it easy. The choice of your words are harsh. We are not quarreling
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by chrisagyei: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
GoodGovernance:

Receive sense now!
Actually Ghana has 3 Dams namely the Akosombo dam,Bui Dam and the Kpone dam.Akosombo dam alone has the Volta Lake which is the largest artificial lake in the world and the dam alone produces 1,000 mw of power.Ghana do not use the Niger river but we use the Volta river to make our dam.Ghana produces 5,000 mw of electricity for a population of about 29 million people so we export electricity to Togo,Benin,Burkina Faso,Cote D'Ivoire. We don't need your power and we actually enjoy 24/7 electricity.40 % hydro ,59%thermal and 1% renewable energy. This is our power generation source below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by nicepoker101(m): 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
DrBrainstorm:

What are you trying to justify now?
Hydroelectricity is not the only source of power, There is coal, natural gas, nuclear and others.
The government is just fvcking dumb.
But Nigeria make use of hydro the most.
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by ajaymina(m): 10:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
PureFace1:

Speaking in Abuja at the 2019 participants/key stakeholders interactive forum organised by the Market Operator, the Managing Director of Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, Mr. Mohammed Gur Usman, stated that the project will take a 330KV electricity transmission line right from Nigeria up to Senegal.

Oh!, Naija!!... IT IS FINSH!
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Just30: 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
GoodGovernance:

Receive sense now!
there are 3 dams and Ghana does not depend on dams anymore

There are too many thermal plants here
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Just30: 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
sizer07:

you guys need to pay more so that the gencos dont run away
Compare to Ghana, the rate paid in Nigeria is three times lower.

Also demand more from the government
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Just30: 10:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
bizhop01:
Don't be surprise about what's will happen later, remember nigeria drill crude oil, sale it out and buy it back after refined.
I love nigeria government so much the can generate over 15000MW of power, sale it out and advise citizens to go charge phone for Ghana and Senegal.
when you are paying one of the lowest electricity rates in Africa
how do you expect the generation companies to survive?

They are looking for ways to sell their power to places where they can make a profit
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by showafrica(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
nicepoker101:
Take it easy. The choice of your words are harsh. We are not quarreling

Sorry, just that I am pained. I wonder how less privilege people manage here.
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Mcreloaded(m): 11:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
In Nigeria we sell crude oil to buy petrol and also sell electricity and we the citizens are encouraged by our government to buy generator to power our homes as we also buy imported fuel from those we sold crude oil to in the first place
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Jamersirwin1971: 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
GoodGovernance:

Receive sense now!

you should be the one receiving sense ..

They have

Barekese Dam
Bui Dam
Kpong Dam

Tono Dam
Weija Dam

Abokosombo dam also gives light to Togo and Benin ..
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by EdiskyHarry: 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nigerian to extend darkness to Senegal, Ghana and others
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by tymicjay77: 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
picoba:

That we be inconclusive project. Mad government. Why can't they make sure we have regular electricity light before going to other countries. Ghana has gone far in term of electricity.

The truth you people don't know is that is a must we supply those countries light. Otherwise they will resort to building their own dam on the same source of water. They had every right to obstruct the river because is within their territory.
As a civil engineer, I know that for you to obstruct water way with dam you must go into agreement with neighbouring settlement at both the upper course (where Ghana, and other countries belong) while the lower course (that is where Nigeria belong) .and since we all know water flow from upper course to lower course Nigeria is at disadvantage if any of those countries at the upper course erect or obstruct the river. So for them not to do this will have to supply them light.
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Jamersirwin1971: 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2019
GoodGovernance:

Receive sense now!

I grew up in Nigeria and spent more than 30 years in Nigeria never seen where there have been light for a week . Currently in Ghana and used 4 months , light hasn’t gone for once . 24/7 for 4 months they have light everywhere at night is powered . So before you come here talking sense you are The one who really need sense into your thinking faculty ..
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by docadams: 12:06am On Aug 25, 2019
vaxx:
Ghana currently generate excess power supply , close to 6000 megawatts for a population less than 30 million . on per capital basis, No, Ghana Generate more light than nigeria. and very close in absolute figure.

Where did you get your figures? Ghana's installed capacity as 2015 was 3655.5mw.
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by DedeNkem: 1:07am On Aug 25, 2019
A country that barely gives it's citizens 24 hours of electricity in one month, is planning to sell electricity to other countries! The one they already sell to Benin republic is not enough?

This is absolutely ridiculous!!! Sometimes I do wonder if majority of Nigerians have serious mental issues!
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by ifiokbenzy(m): 3:35am On Aug 25, 2019
According to EDC chapter 1:1 Let there be light. Abeg supply them some darkness let them know you're the real giant of Africa
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by F117nighthawk: 5:34am On Aug 25, 2019
Una don start, AWON AKOTILE TA,U haven't finished feeding your country and u want to go and wipe hunger in another country, this is not monies Government officials steal in Nigeria and go and invest abroad oo,let charity begin at home,supply 24/7 power here first,before una go disgrace una self abroad
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by micky2004: 5:50am On Aug 25, 2019
I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A COMEDY SECTION IN NAIRALAND FOR THIS KIND OF JOKE OR WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by DrBrainstorm(m): 7:20am On Aug 25, 2019
nicepoker101:
But Nigeria make use of hydro the most.
They could as well divert, that the points am trying to make.
Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by johnsonedidiong(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2019
story for blinds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust / Gunmen Bomb Imo Police Station, Destroy Vehicles, Buildings; They Used Dynamite / Alex Otti's LP Supporters Keep Vigil At INEC Collation Center At Obingwa L.G.A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.