Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,979 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust (32866 Views)

Predictions For 2020 Obaseki Loses Re-election,lawan Gets Impeached As Wike Deca / Orji Kalu’s Children Meet Ahmad Lawan, Senate President (Photos) / Ahmad Lawan Reveals His Salary, Says No “Jumbo Pay” For Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Islie: 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
By Hamisu Kabir Matazu & Zahraddeen Yakubu Shuaibu

Senate President Ahmad Lawan (Yobe North) was said to have secured 26 job slots for his constituents, from the Federal Inland Revenue Service, Daily Trust exclusively gathered.

This is just as the job scandal rocking the upper chamber gets messier with senators threatening showdown over the sharing formula of the employment slots given to them by the federal agency.

Employment letters were said to have since been distributed to the beneficiaries by the Senate president.

A senator, who spoke to Daily Trust yesterday, accused Lawan of “hijacking the 26 slots without considering other senators, not even from his state.”

A youth association from Lawan’s constituency, Unity for Collective Progress Forum, yesterday said all the beneficiaries had received employment letters and were expected “to commence work in earnest”.

The association gave the breakdown of the beneficiaries’ local government areas, from Lawan’s constituency as Nguru, 5; Karasuwa, 3; Machina, 4; Bade, 7; Yusufari, 4 and Jakusko 3. The Socio-Economic Right and Accountability yesterday asked Lawan to clarify the allegations that 100 employment slots for federal agencies were allocated to 10 principal officers of the Senate.

The spokesman of the Senate president, Ola Awoniyi, neither answered several phone calls nor replied a text message sent to him last night. The spokesmen of the Federal Character Commission and the FIRS also did not answer phone calls on the issue. Speaking to Daily Trust, Chairman, Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs, Danjuma La’ah, said the committee had commenced an investigation into the alleged lopsided recruitment by some federal agencies. “I am making my investigation underneath to avoid disgracing people, “ he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/job-scandal-lawan-gets-26-firs-slots.html

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by PapaZeus(m): 12:19am On Oct 18, 2019
everybody knw say b4 dem announce such jobs sef, dem don get owner na, nor be today yansh dey back

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by sapientia(m): 5:23am On Oct 18, 2019
But he has no tax slot abi.

No next level slot.

This is the purest form of corruption.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by elchariotlp: 5:58am On Oct 18, 2019
These Polithifcians don't care about this country at all. They are just selfish, greedy, corrupt and wicked.

Even the Senators are not complaining about the allocation of jobs to them rather they are crying that the slot was not shared among all senators.

What exactly is the difference this Government is bringing on the table..... Absolutely Nothing.

I weep for Nigeria

150 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by babyfaceafrica: 6:04am On Oct 18, 2019
This is not new.....lucrative jobs in this country are shared among big men....nnpc,shell,central bank e.t.c

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Collins9156(m): 6:23am On Oct 18, 2019
Make dem also share toll gate slots.... with the same formula

42 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by teadrake(m): 6:26am On Oct 18, 2019
What a useless and shithole country!!!!!

58 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 18, 2019
Make u na wait for NPower I beg.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Sunriserealtors: 7:04am On Oct 18, 2019
Nigeria is a messed up Country

25 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by ogbuefi677(m): 7:05am On Oct 18, 2019
The original change Senate.
Saraki was frustrating baba.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Rootprof(m): 7:06am On Oct 18, 2019
Corruption tag connection...
Nigeria is still not moving forward but backwards.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Niaja4real(m): 7:41am On Oct 18, 2019
Islie:

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/job-scandal-lawan-gets-26-firs-slots.html

lalasticlala
What a bigoted, self-serving, corrupt & insensitive SP he is. Spit & shame to him.

12 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Lovexme(m): 9:17am On Oct 18, 2019
I've got a new and boxed iPhone XR 64GB for sale at 210k
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Dozie32(m): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2019
Nawa ooh!! Another tanker explosion in onistsha again
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by kolafolabi(m): 9:19am On Oct 18, 2019
That's why they fix quacks to different vacancies.. Awon were gbogbo

12 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by adecz: 9:19am On Oct 18, 2019
angry

Buhari thinks that na only
chopping of govt money be corruption.

But his own type, nepotism, tribalism
bigotry is even worse than murder.

This country can't go on this way.
angry

14 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by jaxxy(m): 9:19am On Oct 18, 2019
This is the corruption we are talking about. B4 we rationalize this if senate president gets this then others are definitely get theirs so what happens to merit and the masses? Npower right?

How can the senate uphold fairness if they are perpetrating this kind of acts. 26 slot not even 3. This is corruption. Let’s be reasonable. Let the senate be reasonable.

9 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by IMASTEX: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2019
It isn't a new thing, neither will it ever end. Juicy federal jobs are reserved for politicians. Who in turn share the slots among party faithfuls, traditional rulers & other high class persons. The jobs are then monitized by those given or passed to their children/relatives. End of the story.

I only pity those ordinary unemployed Nigerians thinking their excellent result or intelligence have a chance with the ritual of job sharing. Thereby wasting their money & time applying.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Angelfrost(m): 9:20am On Oct 18, 2019
elchariotlp:
These Polithifcians don't care about this country at all. They are just selfish, greedy, corrupt and wicked.

Even the Senators are not complaining about the allocation of jobs to them rather they are crying that the slot was not shared among all senators.

What exactly is the difference this Government is bringing on the table..... Absolutely Nothing.

I weep for Nigeria

Save your tears... Majority of Nigerians are satisfied with these imbeciles in power...

This is why I have little or no sympathy or empathy for my fellow countrymen when issues arise.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Officialgarri: 9:21am On Oct 18, 2019
We heard that he acquired 26 plots for his constituency, but I tell you it's a very big lie.
Yes, it might be officially 26, but do you think the job will be given to an average citizen from a particular constituency? The answer is NO.

The jobs are still for those rich kids living in Abuja but are from his district.

I can see some people tagging "Buhari". What has he got to do with this again? Did he share the slots or has he ever come out to vouch for everyone in APC?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by maxjax(m): 9:21am On Oct 18, 2019
and its not ending at time soon undecided
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by RichDad1(m): 9:21am On Oct 18, 2019
Every politician in this country is guilty of this.
Nepotism is in our blood.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by rtl123: 9:22am On Oct 18, 2019
while many stay jobless and man will take all for himself....
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by StrikeBack(m): 9:22am On Oct 18, 2019
Normal stuff

According to these fools, This is not corruption
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Bigval5: 9:22am On Oct 18, 2019
Hmmm Nigeria!

shocked
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Rhesusmonkey(m): 9:23am On Oct 18, 2019
lol, and some people here wey never see complete 2 meals a day are busy killing themselves over these guys. hope they gave the nairaland suya guy slot too.

4 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Pavore9: 9:23am On Oct 18, 2019
So wrong.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by winterfell007(m): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2019
And some idiots on Nairaland, I don't want to mention names, will use their leprosy fingers to type 'Buhari, man of integrity' under your watch, federal agencies are carrying out job-rackeetering. If that's not the height of corruption, I wonder what is??
It's more than obvious that Nigeria is a shit hole country and from the look of things, it'll get worse. embarassed embarassed cry cry

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayemi Meets Widow Of Olasunkanmi Olawunmi Killed In Abuja Crash (Photos) / Fayose Leads Special Prayers With Various Men Of God - Photos / APC Jingle Chastises ‘Proud’ Ajimobi… Begs Oyo People For Forgiveness (Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.