Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian (9450 Views)

Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Skydweller(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2019
Thanks
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Gbengar07: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
And you expect to read this .too long .next pls
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by topshore(f): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2019
unstoppable51:
From FeedMeJesus.com

what does it really mean to be born again?
I am sure you are going to be finding this refreshing as you will get a clearer understanding of what it truly means to be born again.

To understand this subject of being “born again” as used among Christians today, we will have to look at the only book that talked so much about it i.e the Bible, and find out what Jesus meant when He used those terms.

Let’s take a quick look at John chapter 3 from verse 1:

[b]Joh 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

Joh 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. [/b]

The popular belief people have when they read this part of the Scripture, is that being born again has to do with being baptised in water either as an adult or an infant.

This is mostly because in verse 5, Jesus said “…Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”

So they assume being born again has to do with water immersion. Once a man has been dipped in water, he has access to enter the kingdom of God. That is far from what Jesus meant here and we shall see this clearly as we proceed.

The other popular belief out there is that being born again has to do with getting your acts right and “looking serious” all the time. Once you don’t wear some type of clothes, take some type of food and drinks, don’t talk too much, don’t laugh too much and talk softly, most people would conclude you are born again.

If that is what it means to be born again, then it would mean that almost all who practice Judaism, Islam and other strict religions are born again since majority of them carry themselves around with so much piety.

But being born again is far bigger than mere physical appearance and habits. If it were about wearing a long face and appearing “serious” all the time, then God wouldn’t have given to us the Spirit of Joy in the first place.

This is because “Joy” according to the Bible, is not just what you feel in your heart. It is very very expressive. It shows in your smiles, laughter, dancing, running around, twirling and so on.

When Jesus said “except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God,” He used the Greek words “gennao anothen” translated as “born again” in English, to describe that experience.

Let’s look at those two words closely for a moment so we can get His point there.

The Greek word “Gennao” which is translated as “born” in English, actually means “to procreate,” “to father,” and also to “regenerate.”The Greeks also use the word to not only talk about conception but also the process of delivery.

The other word “Anothen” translated as “again” in English actually means “from above” or “Anew.”

If you put the words together now, it would mean that what Jesus said to Nicodemus was “except a man is procreated or fathered anew from above, he cannot see or enter the kingdom of God.”

(I guess it’s beginning to make sense. Please pay special attention from here)

This was what confused Nicodemus that made him ask if it would take a man’s mum to conceive and give birth to him again for that to happen.

Jesus then had to explain further by saying in verse 5[b] “…except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”[/b]

The major reason we don’t always get the real meaning of this verse and assume it is talking about water baptism, is because we don’t know the word “and” in that verse is not a conjunction but an explanation.

In the Greek, the word translated as “and” in our Bibles is the word “kai.”

“Kai” in Greek do not always mean “and” like the Bible translators put it in that verse. It also mean “that is,” “which is,” “even” etc. It used for explaining a statement.

To get the explanation Jesus was trying to pass across to Nicodemus in that verse 5, we would need to substitute “and” there with “which is” or “that is” since they are the same in the Greek. If we do that, the verse will look like this:

“.….except a man be born of water which is [/b]the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”

(I hope you get this.)

He merely used water to describe the character of the Spirit of God there. He wasn’t talking about water baptism there at all.

That is why all through the remaining verses in that chapter, He never mentioned “water” again as regarding being born again but kept on repeating “the Spirit.”

This is not the only time He even used water to describe the activity of the Holy Spirit in the entire Bible. For instance in John 7:37-39

[b]“In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

“(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Look at that. You know it would sound ridiculous today if you carry a physical cup and go around expecting Jesus to give you real water to drink because you read “if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink”?

Why will it sound ridiculous? It is because the writer of that verse being John the apostle, has already helped you in verse 39 by telling you that the water Jesus was talking about in those verses was merely a reference to the Spirit of God.

So when you hear or read about being born again, do not assume that it is about being immersed in any physical water or quitting any habit. It is not just that.

To be born again simply means to be supernaturally procreated or birthed by the Spirit of God. And by the reason of that birth (not your piety or self righteousness), you have direct access to heaven.

So, a born again man is that fellow that have been supernaturally procreated by the Spirit of God. His citizenship is in heaven.

He is not aspiring to go to heaven. Heaven is where he is seated already according to Ephesians 2:5-6.

Calling him a “candidate” of heaven will be to talk down or talk less of who he really is. He is a “citizen” of heaven, not a candidate that is still aspiring and may likely not get there.

Should he live right and reflect the character of the Spirit in his conducts? YES

Can he miss it atimes? Yes he can, and that is because we still move about in this fallen world.

But can his missing to conduct himself properly cause him to be un-born again? There is no such a thing as being un-born again in the Bible. It is either a man is born again or he is not. That is what the Bible teaches.

So from John 3, we see clearly that to be born again is a supernatural thing done by the Spirit of God.

Man’s only part in that process is to believe the Gospel. Once he is born again, the Spirit of God begins to work on his inside helping him to live and do the will of God on this earth as he is supposed.

I hope this blesses you.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/02/answered-what-does-it-really-mean-to-be_2.html

My own understanding of the Bible is that you have to be baptized first by water immersion and thereafter with the Holy Spirit.
It was immediately after Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist in the water that the Spirit of God fell upon him and God declared His Sonship.
Conclusion : water baptism first then baptism of the Holy Spirit follows.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
I don't commit sin o but i have born again many times I cannot count.
That lust for women in me hehn na die.
I am in school and if I born again today, that same day any fine yeye girl for campus wearing provocatively wicked dress will cause my third leg to be vibrating vigorously. If I turn left, turn right they are there. If I close my eyes to ignore them my heart will be quickly receptive of them. I have cried Lord let this cup pass over me whenever I encounter them, and I can't do without going for lectures.
Those campus girls can make man give his life to Christ 100 times.
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Finallydead: 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
O
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by emmnprince(m): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2019
The book of Acts which records the early beginning of Christianity and the Church is omitted from your article which rendered your article half-truth about being born again because explicit examples of people who were born again (or became Christians or were converted) were recorded there.

If a particular verse or verses are taken and expounded without the support of other Bible passages that speak about the subject under discussion, the explicit truth is not examined/investigated, rather it is narrowed. That is the case of this article. The Bible is the best commentary of itself.

Eleven (11) cases of conversions were recorded in the book of Acts and all these clearly tells us that those born again or converted (or those who became Christians) heard the Word of the Spirit spoken to them through the messengers/disciples of Christ and were baptized (immersed in water) after they believed and repented of their sins. Here are the eleven cases:

1. The Pentecostians: Acts 2.

2. The Samaritans: Acts 8:4-12.

3. Simon, the sorcerer: Acts 8:13.

4. The Ethiopian treasurer (aka Eunuch): Acts 8:26-39.

5. Saul, later called Paul: Acts 9, 22, 26.

6. Cornelius: Acts 10.

7. Lydia: Acts 16:13-15.

8. The Jailor: Acts 16:25-34.

9. Some Athenians: Acts 17:22-34.

10. The Corinthians: Acts 18:5-8.

11. The Ephesians: Acts 19:1-5.

Excluding all these cases presented in the book of Acts in this article makes the subject talked about incomplete. The record of John 3 in which your write up is centred on was manifested in Acts.

Thank you.
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by queennaomi(f): 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2019
thanks for sharing.....

please I will like u to talk about how to connect to God in your next update.... thanks and God bless you.
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by sustainee(m): 8:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
why was jesus baptized by john, if truly d water means nothin according 2 wat d writer said?
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by jayman33: 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
[quote author=Lamasta post=82246881]What You need to know about been a born again Christian is that CHRISTIANITY is a relationship between You and God; its a relationship that people will observe the life and character of Christ in You and not the popular Bible, church carrying matters on your head.

Been born again is carrying Christ's presence wherever You go....[/quote]

Theologically you may be correct sir/ma but not biblically correct....I think we do well to validate our point if we can reference the Bible just as the op does by systematically making his reference from it. Making the Bible the standard. Not what we think it's correct or theologically correct as the case may be. Theologically.... I mean philosophy that sounds good to hear after all it's not bad yet it has no biblical reference[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by jayman33: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
[quote author=unstoppable51 post=81572364]From FeedMeJesus.com

I am sure you are going to be finding this refreshing as you will get a clearer understanding of what it truly means to be born again.

To understand this subject of being “born again” as used among Christians today, we will have to look at the only book that talked so much about it i.e the Bible, and find out what Jesus meant when He used those terms.

[b]Joh 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

Joh 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. [/b]

The popular belief people have when they read this part of the Scripture, is that being born again has to do with being baptised in water either as an adult or an infant.

This is mostly because in verse 5, Jesus said “…Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”

So they assume being born again has to do with water immersion. Once a man has been dipped in water, he has access to enter the kingdom of God. That is far from what Jesus meant here and we shall see this clearly as we proceed.

The other popular belief out there is that being born again has to do with getting your acts right and “looking serious” all the time. Once you don’t wear some type of clothes, take some type of food and drinks, don’t talk too much, don’t laugh too much and talk softly, most people would conclude you are born again.

If that is what it means to be born again, then it would mean that almost all who practice Judaism, Islam and other strict religions are born again since majority of them carry themselves around with so much piety.

But being born again is far bigger than mere physical appearance and habits. If it were about wearing a long face and appearing “serious” all the time, then God wouldn’t have given to us the Spirit of Joy in the first place.

This is because “Joy” according to the Bible, is not just what you feel in your heart. It is very very expressive. It shows in your smiles, laughter, dancing, running around, twirling and so on.

When Jesus said “except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God,” He used the Greek words “gennao anothen” translated as “born again” in English, to describe that experience.

Let’s look at those two words closely for a moment so we can get His point there.

The Greek word “Gennao” which is translated as “born” in English, actually means “to procreate,” “to father,” and also to “regenerate.”The Greeks also use the word to not only talk about conception but also the process of delivery.

The other word “Anothen” translated as “again” in English actually means “from above” or “Anew.”

If you put the words together now, it would mean that what Jesus said to Nicodemus was “except a man is procreated or fathered anew from above, he cannot see or enter the kingdom of God.”

This was what confused Nicodemus that made him ask if it would take a man’s mum to conceive and give birth to him again for that to happen.

Jesus then had to explain further by saying in verse 5[b] “…except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”[/b]

The major reason we don’t always get the real meaning of this verse and assume it is talking about water baptism, is because we don’t know the word “and” in that verse is not a conjunction but an explanation.

“Kai” in Greek do not always mean “and” like the Bible translators put it in that verse. It also mean “that is,” “which is,” “even” etc. It used for explaining a statement.

To get the explanation Jesus was trying to pass across to Nicodemus in that verse 5, we would need to substitute “and” there with “which is” or “that is” since they are the same in the Greek. If we do that, the verse will look like this:

“.….except a man be born of water which is [/b]the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”

(I hope you get this.)

He merely used water to describe the character of the Spirit of God there. He wasn’t talking about water baptism there at all.

That is why all through the remaining verses in that chapter, He never mentioned “water” again as regarding being born again but kept on repeating “the Spirit.”

This is not the only time He even used water to describe the activity of the Holy Spirit in the entire Bible. For instance in John 7:37-39

[b]“In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

“(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Look at that. You know it would sound ridiculous today if you carry a physical cup and go around expecting Jesus to give you real water to drink because you read “if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink”?

Why will it sound ridiculous? It is because the writer of that verse being John the apostle, has already helped you in verse 39 by telling you that the water Jesus was talking about in those verses was merely a reference to the Spirit of God.

So when you hear or read about being born again, do not assume that it is about being immersed in any physical water or quitting any habit. It is not just that.

To be born again simply means to be supernaturally procreated or birthed by the Spirit of God. And by the reason of that birth (not your piety or self righteousness), you have direct access to heaven.

So, a born again man is that fellow that have been supernaturally procreated by the Spirit of God. His citizenship is in heaven.

He is not aspiring to go to heaven. Heaven is where he is seated already according to Ephesians 2:5-6.

Calling him a “candidate” of heaven will be to talk down or talk less of who he really is. He is a “citizen” of heaven, not a candidate that is still aspiring and may likely not get there.

Should he live right and reflect the character of the Spirit in his conducts? YES

Can he miss it atimes? Yes he can, and that is because we still move about in this fallen world.

But can his missing to conduct himself properly cause him to be un-born again? There is no such a thing as being un-born again in the Bible. It is either a man is born again or he is not. That is what the Bible teaches.

So from John 3, we see clearly that to be born again is a supernatural thing done by the Spirit of God.

Man’s only part in that process is to believe the Gospel. Once he is born again, the Spirit of God begins to work on his inside helping him to live and do the will of God on this earth as he is supposed.

I hope this blesses you.

Glory to God!

But wait.... Our preachers/pastors will be commanding us like it's up to us to be born again saying...." You must be born again" for one to go to heaven... But according to John 3:7- 8 its contrary.

From vs7... Jesus, without any ambiguity there told Nicodemus not worry that he said "you must be born again, he was only stating requirements which is being born again is what is needed to enter the kingdom of God

Vs 8..... Tells us how that is to be.....the wind bloweth where it listeth....

So it's not up to us, God In heaven determines that.

But our preacher will be like "you people must be born again" or the common recitation after service like "say after me, lord Jesus , come into my heart, I accept you as my lord and personal saviour, I believe you are the son of God, I give my life to you......save my soul Amen" then you are asked to start baptismal class where you are taught piety, after some few weeks of consistency you were ask to pay in some cases for conveyance to venue of baptism then you are baptised

Then you are giving certificate, you're now a born again and a worker in....lol
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by DOCU(m): 6:17am On Sep 16, 2019
POWERFUL!
We learn everyday.
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Lamasta(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2019
jayman33:
[quote author=Lamasta post=82246881]What You need to know about been a born again Christian is that CHRISTIANITY is a relationship between You and God; its a relationship that people will observe the life and character of Christ in You and not the popular Bible, church carrying matters on your head.

Been born again is carrying Christ's presence wherever You go....

Theologically you may be correct sir/ma but not biblically correct....I think we do well to validate our point if we can reference the Bible just as the op does by systematically making his reference from it. Making the Bible the standard. Not what we think it's correct or theologically correct as the case may be. Theologically.... I mean philosophy that sounds good to hear after all it's not bad yet it has no biblical reference[color=#990000][/color]

Not biblically correct in what way Sir?
Expantiate so I will be giving reference for every sentence I made biblically
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Mryacks: 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
unstoppable51:
From FeedMeJesus.com

(I hope you get this.)

I hope this blesses you.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/02/answered-what-does-it-really-mean-to-be_2.html

God bless you even more.. clearly put
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by olaxm: 7:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
How do you explain extraordinaire to ordinary! That is why the Bible is most difficult book to interpret by ordinary. Hence, why we have different Christian doctrine. The words of God are supernatural-extra ordinary. Finding God secret make one's the extraordinaire. Proverb 25 vs 2.

What is God secret. Words John 1 vs 1
God secret: Bible. Begin to search- read-study learn-meditate with it if you want to be extraordinaire. Its inside Bible God hide the (WIIL)for everyone.

God is father of all. Your Inheritance secret is Bible. Interpreter : Preacher-Pastor Prophet Hence multitude keep going to them. Interpreter. Ordinary or Extraordinaire. What are you? Stop going to lawyer aka preacher etc asking about your inheritance. Be radical in your believe and do it yourself!

Anything that you do-doing that is what everyone do-doing is ordinary. But when you're
Extraordinaire. Ordinary work-demand for you.
That why the Nigerian always have the says. No be ordinary eyes.
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2023
olaxm:
How do you explain extraordinaire to ordinary! That is why the Bible is most difficult book to interpret by ordinary. Hence, why we have different Christian doctrine. The words of God are supernatural-extra ordinary. God secret: Bible. Begin to search- read-study learn-meditate with it if you want to be extraordinaire. Its inside Bible God hide the (WIIL)for everyone. God is father of all. Your Inheritance secret is Bible. Interpreter : Preacher-Pastor Prophet Hence multitude keep going to them. Interpreter. Ordinary or Extraordinaire. What are you? Stop going to lawyer aka preacher etc asking about your inheritance. Be radical in your believe and do it yourself!
Focus! Man was born flesh and blood from his mother's womb. Jesus Christ told you this in His Gospel, affirming what God said in the beginning when He pointed out that man was made from the clay of this earth, not spirit - Genesis 2 vs 6 - 7. So in order to become a citizen of the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom where only those who are born of spirit can gain access, a first step in becoming a Son of God and eventually a partaker in the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God, one must first be born-again. And as broken down carefully in His Gospel by Jesus Christ, one must first be born-again before one can then become a citizen of the Kingdom of God.
1 There was a man named Nicodemus, one of the Pharisees. He was an important Jewish leader.
2 One night he came to Jesus and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a teacher sent from God. No one can do these miraculous signs that you do unless they have God’s help.”
3 Jesus answered, “I assure you, everyone must be born again. Anyone who is not born again cannot be in God’s kingdom.”
4 Nicodemus said, “How can a man who is already old be born again? Can he go back into his mother’s womb and be born a second time?”
5 Jesus answered, “Believe me when I say that everyone must be born from water and the Spirit. Anyone who is not born from water and the Spirit cannot enter God’s kingdom.
6 The only life people get from their human parents is physical. But the new life that the Spirit gives a person is spiritual.
7 Don’t be surprised that I told you, ‘You must be born again.’
8 The wind blows wherever it wants to. You hear it, but you don’t know where it is coming from or where it is going. It is the same with everyone who is born from the Spirit.” - John 3 vs 5 - 8
Born of Water — Is an acknowledgment of the message spread by John the Baptist whose call for repentance as found in Matthew 3 vs 2 Jesus Christ was reiterated beginning at the start of His own Kingdom mission, "Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand" found in Matthew 4 vs 7 & Mark 1 vs 15.

As John explained in his conversation with the Pharisees, to be born of water — baptized — there is a need for repentance, a visible transition from following God's Old Law of Moses to following God's New agreement of peace —Jesus Christ. In verse 8 of the passage below, John instructs the Pharisees to change their hearts and show by the way that they live that they have in fact changed from following the Old Way to following the New way — Jesus Christ. undecided
7 Many Pharisees and Sadducees came to where John was baptizing people. When John saw them, he said, “You are all snakes! Who warned you to run from God’s judgment that is coming?
8 Change your hearts! And show by the way you live that you have changed.
9 I know what you are thinking. You want to say, ‘but Abraham is our father!’ That means nothing. I tell you, God could make children for Abraham from these rocks.
10 The ax is now ready to cut down the trees. Every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
[b]11
“I baptize you with water to show that you have changed your hearts and lives. But there is someone coming later who is able to do more than I can. I am not good enough to be the slave who takes off his sandals. - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11
Suffice to say, the kind of repentance God desires is not simply an abandoning of one's sinful ways but more importantly, an abandoning of the hold the Old Law had on one to embrace instead a full commitment to following and abiding by the direct teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ alone. Once one is baptized in water after this, one is said to have concluded the work of obedience necessary for one to be Born of water. undecided
Born of Spirit(Eternal Life) - In John 3 vs 16, Jesus Christ elucidated that all those who believe in Him will receive Eternal Life in place of the condemnation of Death which they formerly lived under as a result of God's judgment against sinners of Old - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. The Spirit of Eternal life, the spirit those who are in fact born again are born of, as described by Jesus Christ in the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 is not a passive spirit. Rather, He is an uncontrollable invasion of those of the individual who is born of Him — a possession so to speak. This can be vividly seen in what Jesus Christ said of those who are born of the Spirit of Life in John 3 vs 5 - 8 undecided
7 A woman from Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink.”
8 (For his disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.)
9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “How is it that you, a Jew, ask for a drink from me, a woman of Samaria?” (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.)
10 Jesus answered, “You don’t know what God can give you. And you don’t know who I am, the one who asked you for a drink. If you knew, you would have asked me, and I would have given you living water.”
11 The woman said, “Sir, where will you get that living water? The well is very deep, and you have nothing to get water with.
12 Are you greater than our ancestor Jacob? He is the one who gave us this well. He drank from it himself, and his sons and all his animals drank from it too.”
13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again.
14 But anyone who drinks the water I give will never be thirsty again. The water I give people will be like a spring flowing inside them. It will bring them eternal life.”
15 The woman said to Jesus, “Sir, give me this water. Then I will never be thirsty again and won’t have to come back here to get more water.” - John 4 vs 7 - 15
In the above passage, Jesus Christ equally describes the Spirit of Eternal life as living water on the inside of those who drink from Him again implying that one does not get a passive spirit but a conscious spirit wielding power inside of them when born of Spirit.

The born-again process is clearly not of the mind but of acts of obedience and also of invasion by the controlling power of the Spirit of Eternal Life who then guides one into the Kingdom of God where eventually — if one continues in submission and obedience — one is able to become a son of God, moving on to attain righteous by seeking first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and God's righteousness as commanded by Jesus Christ. However, none of this will be possible if one is not first born-again.
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
Lamasta:
What You need to know about been a born again Christian is that CHRISTIANITY is a relationship between You and God; its a relationship that people will observe the life and character of Christ in You and not the popular Bible, church carrying matters on your head.

According to Jesus Christ, to be born again means to be born of water and born of the spirit. A requirement for all those who wish to gain citizenship into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 21. Whatever you desire to do afterward comes after that. undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 5:46am On May 13, 2023
unstoppable51:
From FeedMeJesus.com

(I hope you get this.)

I hope this blesses you.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/02/answered-what-does-it-really-mean-to-be_2.htm
l
Interesting! undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On May 13, 2023
Lamasta:
What You need to know about been a born again Christian is that CHRISTIANITY is a relationship between You and God; its a relationship that people will observe the life and character of Christ in You and not the popular Bible, church carrying matters on your head.

Rather, Jesus Christ has it instead that being born again means to be born of Water(God's New Law in the Kingdom of God) and born of Spirit. Are you saying Jesus Christ got it wrong as far as what it means to be born again? undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Kobojunkiee: 4:53pm On May 15, 2023
makewetalk2:
you see all these women wrapping their heads claiming to be born again? they are the anti-christ. No verse in the Bible instructed women to cover their head because as identification of being born again christians. the way Nigerian born again is identified is by hair covering and by wearing rags.
God is not after the outward person. your actions should be the identifier. Jesus did not say that dressing is the identifier. using velvet fabrics to wrap your head is not a biblical injunction and neither does it help anyone to get to heaven.
Jesus said that his followers will be identified by love. If you have no love, your dressing is in vain.
Jesus said that the born again will be the servants and the last because the last shall be the first. people who call themselves born again in nigeria are wicked-hearted people. when you get close to them you will regret being poor. those women and men who pretend to be born again show their righteousness before men. and they will get their reward with men and not God. the born again is a spiritual person of the heart not by appearance.
If The Lord's Chosen believe that Redeemers are born again Christians, why do they have different leaders? why do they have different church name? T.B Joshua and Adeboye are enemies. And both of them claim to be serving God. How possible. Omega fire Johnson Suleman jumps in a fight with T.B Joshua because he is not in agreement with Adeboye. Suleman can kill for Adeoye. is that man defending Jesus. Jesus asked his apostles to drop their sword but this Nigerian acclaimed apostle is picking up swords to fight anyone who disagrees with Adeboye. Is he really an apostle of Christ?
there is no one out of Jesus followers who was called a born again in the Bible. but fake Christians go about identifying themselves by a name/ title that the apostles did not call themselves.
Matthew 6:1 “Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven.
What good works do those acclaimed born again do apart from dressing in drags?
wearing rags and the Lord's chosen is making themself a mockery. I saw one wearing that rag in a bus and smelling like a dead beaver, making everyone uncomfortable. righteousness means dressing up nicely not to attract attention. Jesus followers were not known by their dress code but by the things that they do.

another thing is carrying a big bible. carrying the bible does not mean that you understand what is written in it.
another dirty thing fake Christians do is sticking all sort of sticker on their bibles. they will never do such on their checkbook. or their travel passports. people think God is a man that they can deceive by performing that kind of Adeboye righteousness. claiming to be humble while sitting in luxury cars and luxury jets. Una try to fool mugu. simplicity is standing in the queue, doing the simple things everyone else does. taking commercial.
I see no reason why a G/O cannot take a commercial airline. the passengers on airplanes need the goodnews too. you must not stand on pulpits. Jesus was ina crowd OUTSIDE.
Nigerians, if una fall mugu for all these actors na una sabi. they will deceive you all and you all will end up destroyed. use yoru brain. see through the deceit.
undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On May 26, 2023
nwamabo247:
■ he did and can work miracle through people
Through those who are of Him, not religious nutjobs. undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On May 26, 2023
■ Since that phrase "born again" was introduced in Nigeria, the country hasn't been the same again. Take me back to orthodox era. sad
The only meaning of the Word is found right there in John 3 vs 1 - 21 where it was first used. undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On May 28, 2023
topshore:
■ My own understanding of the Bible is that you have to be baptized first by water immersion and thereafter with the Holy Spirit.
It was immediately after Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist in the water that the Spirit of God fell upon him and God declared His Sonship.
Conclusion : water baptism first then baptism of the Holy Spirit follows.
Be truthful to yourself at least. Your ideas come, not from scripture but from the doctrines and traditions of men since God never said baptism had to be by immersion and God also never said that you get the Holy Spirit when you become born-again. Rather what He said is you must be born-again--- born of water and born of Spirit (of Eternal Life). undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses / Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? / 6 Things We Must Work On To Enable A Deep Worship Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.