Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin (10824 Views)

Alaafin’s Ex-Wife, Queen Anu Buys New Benz, House In Lekki / Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System / World Sango Festival (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Seunfunmi21(m): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Which twin brother?
Amadioha that suffering has chased out of Igboland and is now selling earpiece in Computer village.
Lol..
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by follock007(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2019
Shango the monumental Hemp-Error grin

I hear he was a Son Eater in his previous life as an ancestor. They would sacrifice 3 sons to him for peace to rain. What a joke.
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by follock007(m): 11:38am On Aug 26, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Which twin brother?
Amadioha that suffering has chased out of Igboland and is now selling earpiece in Computer village.

that's a lie... he turned into a beautiful young transgendered. and lives in an abandoned castle somewhere in edo state... there she monitors activities via the use of a magical mirror she stole from the flesh of her father who is nowhere to be found even with the mirror...
she is always fond of saying to herself about her preys through the mirror "you don't know me"
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by okeniti: 11:54am On Aug 26, 2019
Not just the Igbo God of Thunder? Alas, It's such a shame we allowed the European to come to our land and tell us our traditional religious beliefs are wrong but their own is right. Long may our traditional religious beliefs, long may our festivals continue and be patronised.

hisexcellency34:
Sango, twin brother of Amadioha
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by naturefellow(m): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
domino4211:
Thunder fire him..
Go and tell him I said so..
pls what's the name of this coach whose gesture has been widely used as meme cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Amujale(m): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
The only Gods I respect is Sango, Ogun and the other Yoruba deities. Allah and his Palestinian brother, Yahweh (or Jehovah or Jesus) I have no respect for because they are a big fvcking joke.

Oil dey your head my brother.

Abrahamic religions promote false and fake characters that they claim to be prophets and or divinities. i.e The Jesus character is a made up one, fake, not real.

African Divinities are all real and genuine historical Icons. i.e Sango is a genuine historical Icon. A true representation of past historical events.

All Abrahamic religious text are false, fake and counterintuitive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Amujale(m): 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
All Abrahamic religious text peddle manufactured history.

The real history of our world is readily available for those that can see past the smoke screen of manufactured religions.

All Abrahamic religions are all manufactured religions.

Christianity was manufactured by the Romans.

Islam was manufactured by the Muhammedian movement.

Judaism was manufactured by the Crusaders.

All Abrahamic religious text are of no relevance to the history of our world.

The authors of Abrahamic religious text are real people.

Its a misconception, the notion that suggest Abrahamic religious text is somewhat history, on the contrary, Abrahamic religious text peddle a false representation of history.

All Abrahamic religious text are false, fake and counterintuitive.
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Amujale(m): 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2019
Shango is amongst the African Divinities that was copied by the Greeks during their invention of the Zeus character; according to ancient Greek historiography based in Libya and amongst the Nubians, the other copied African Divinities include Amun-Ra and Zeus Ammon ( Zeus Ammon eventually came to be identified as Zeus in Greece) e.t.c

Zeus is amongst the various religious characters plagerised into the Abrahamic religious concept of God.

There isnt one chatacter or storyline present in all of Abrahamic religious text that can claim to being original.

All Abrahamic religions peddle fake and manufactured history.
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Amujale(m): 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2019
Christianity and Islam are both manufactured religions, and the reason it was forced upon Africans was due to an ancient Eurocentric project known as the "World Order".

That project began by the Romans thousands of years ago.

Initially all of Europe and parts of Asia abide by the laws and moral code of Africa.

Then one Roman Emperor deviced a plan that would enable Europe to dominate the globe both militarily and spiritualy.

His plan was dubbed "The World Order", it was during these times that Libya was invaded as the first post-pharaonic military campaign ever launched by Europe on African soil under the stewerdship of Portugal and Spain with the so-called blessing of the then Pope.

Its important to note that Rome was never stationary, Rome moved its administrative capital on various occasions, the most commonly talked about being Constantinople that is the modern day Istanbul in Turkey.

Rome is actually a Eurocentric political concept. One that only allows for European and or their descendants domination of the world.

The "World Order" and the so-called "New World Order" are one and the same.

The adherents of the "World Order" spend thousands of years trying to nail down their unwitty claims of superiority over everyone else.

What happened was that the Romans use all the intellectual tools available to their Emperor and political class to lay their foundation of world domination.

They use psychological, sociological and military inteligence to reach their goals and objectives.

The Asians also caused havoc. Its argued that if the Asian warmongers hadnt launched their crazy holy wars inside the continent, the Eurocentric Crusaders would never have made the military progress they achieved on the continent.

Neither the trans Atlantic slave trade nor Colonisation would never had taken place.

The argument that the Europeans won most of their crazy battles because of internal conflict is false.

Most of the internal conflicts at the time was created or exacerbated by the adherents of the "World Order"

The reason they made in roads was due to the earlier Arab wars and military campaigns combined with the Christian missionaries and Jewish missionaries that precede the crazy dash for African treasure. There was also some local traitors. They, the missionaries and traitors, were emmisaries and spies to Europe's political class and they reported much of the situation on the ground.

The scramble for Africa was a calculated campaign that involved the political classes from all over Europe, Eurocentric Royalists of the entire continent of Europe, Christian and Jewish adherents; multiple meetings and various conferences.

It's rummoured that if you visit the Madonna chapel at the Vatican there is a model of mother and child representation of African divinities,  some call it the "black Jesus", whilst some argue that it supppse to represent Isis and Horus as these was the Roman Empire's chosen religion at the time; the one that preceeded Roman Catholicism.
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Amujale(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
Sango is arguably one of the most famous Divinities the world has ever seen.

Sango is one of the most famous African Divinities the world has ever seen.

I agree, we'll definately continue to promote Sango festivals worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Amujale(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2019
Bad and twisted terminologies that are exclusive to Abrahamic religions and yet are meaningless outside of their circles include:

'Idol', 'Idol Worship', 'Idol Worshiper', 'Gentile', 'Keferi', 'Non- Believer', 'Pagan', 'Unclean'  e.t.c.

In Abrahamic religions, namely Christianity, Islam and Judaism, idolatry connotes the worship of deities and or divinities other than their specific individualistic interpretation of God.

Outside of Abrahamic religions, those type of terms stated above are deemed to be all false and invalid.

You will often catch them making use of unwitty and derogatory terminologies as 'false gods', trying to make it sound as though their manufactured religion is the one and only true version; when in all reality that is not true.

As a matter of fact, all manufactured religions are false, fake and counterintuitive.

When a delusional adherent of Abrahamic religions that hasnt had a bath since their day of birth is calling well kept people 'unclean', how does that make any sense?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by Olu317(m): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
you won't understand because you are not a Muslim. A true Muslim don't associate partner with Allah

Since you are a core Muslim and holier athan every Yoruba people . Can you actually inform on the etymology of Allah? . In Youbas cosmology, veneration of ancestors gives all the glory to the creator of heaven and earth known as Élé édà. Orisha is a word for yoruba ancestor as a replica of godman, who is fashioned after God,who created heaven and earth. Interestingly, God's colour is light Ala(Ela) in Yoruba language, that Muslims calls, Allah . Stop being Ignorant.
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by macof(m): 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
Seriously I didn't mean to attack the yorubas but this is why northerners don't trust an average Yoruba Muslim. How can you believe in oneness of Allah and still indulge in all these traditional and fetish festivals. It contradicts the teachings of Islam.

I can categorically say that this is the major reason why we do not like the Muslims from Yoruba land to lead prayer in the north. Though we have a good numbers of Yorubas who dnt mix up their religion with any other thing but they are very rare to find.

I still love Yorubas regardless of their religion cos they are accommodating and good loving people.

We don't care for your fake love.

Yoruba are a pure African people proud of our heritage and we love our ancestors and keep honoring them, our tolerance of foreign religions shows that we are above hate.

You in the North can be arab slaves and lose the connection to your ancestors all you like that is your business. Yorubaland belongs to the ancestors

And if being Muslim means dropping everything that makes a Yoruba man who he is, then Islam is not worth it.. Nothing is worth the lose of a beautiful identity as yoruba

1 Like

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by CrimeKsmart: 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
macof:

We don't care for your fake love.

Yoruba are a pure African people proud of our heritage and we love our ancestors and keep honoring them, our tolerance of foreign religions shows that we are above hate.

You in the North can be arab slaves and lose the connection to your ancestors all you like that is your business. Yorubaland belongs to the ancestors

And if being Muslim means dropping everything that makes a Yoruba man who he is, then Islam is not worth it.. Nothing is worth the lose of a beautiful identity as yoruba

Now you saw my post as an attack but I never meant any offense. Our culture is important to us too but any aspect of culture that contradicts Islam should be abandoned. I dnt know what your religion says o but in Islam, you dnt associate partner with Allah.
Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by macof(m): 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Now you saw my post as an attack but I never meant any offense. Our culture is important to us too but any aspect of culture that contradicts Islam should be abandoned. I dnt know what your religion says o but in Islam, you dnt associate partner with Allah.
Islam cannot come from far away Saudi Arabia to tell Yoruba what is good and what is not.

My culture doesn't need validation from a religion that did not originate from my part of the world. Of course Islam being foreign will have things that don't go together with Yoruba culture, but Yoruba culture cannot and will not be rididicled any further because some Arabs and their slaves in Africa dont like it...
Learn to free yourself from hate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We’ll Continue To Promote Sango Festival – Alaafin by African101(m): 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
My culture doesn't need validation from a religion that did not originate from my part of the world

Macof 2019

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Demographics Of Kogi State / Why Cant Nigerian Beaches Be Like This? Like Caribbean Beaches / Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.