Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? (18874 Views)

First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto / Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis / Fit-Car PPV: The World's First Pedal-Powered Car (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Simplyleo: 10:16am On Aug 27, 2019
Willbillwill:
So I'll be driving with generator in my car, I'll rather buy a second car.
Assuming there is a generator carrier, so what's the difference? Won't you still fuel the gen?
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by ogemore(f): 10:19am On Aug 27, 2019
Yes, if the money is available.
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by tck2000(m): 10:21am On Aug 27, 2019
HisMajesty1:
Let's face it, electric cars are not going to be a major reality in Nigeria any time soon... The transition will be S-L-O-W.
True
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by paix(m): 10:22am On Aug 27, 2019
tillaman:
Gladly!!!
It’s a great innovation for the rich folks!!with that 3.4 million I can sell my car and add it to buy my dream bimma!!
Would you still spend 3.4 million naira to convert that your DREAM CAR into an electric car?
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Bryan88(m): 10:22am On Aug 27, 2019
Nbote:
What shall it profit me to convert my petrol car to electric car only for me to buy generator dat uses petrol to charge d electric car?
....SENSE MAN... grin
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by rhythyson: 10:23am On Aug 27, 2019
How much is my car sef. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by paix(m): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2019
Simplyleo:

Assuming there is a generator carrier, so what's the difference? Won't you still fuel the gen?
The generator could be solar powered.
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by vanunu: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2019
Very soon there will be no money to pay the army, police, civil servants and politicians. Nigeria is entering a very big trouble.
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Mftivi: 10:26am On Aug 27, 2019
betterpikinn:
That's very FOOLISH

Battery is not a reliable source of energy.

See all these solar inverters and even phone batteries, you can only enjoy them for some time when they are new.
man this comment of yours is painfully ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by maasoap(m): 10:28am On Aug 27, 2019
obafemee80:

I know some of us in Nigeria are ready to embrace the electric car revolution despite the high cost of getting one and the unavailability of electric car charging stations across the country.

But what if you could just convert your petrol/diesel powered car into an electric car?

French startup Transition-One says it can do it for only $9,500 (₦3.4 million) — in fact, you can get a subsidy for a converted car that works out to around $5,600 if you are based in France.

Transition-One founder says:

The first prototype, a 2009 Renault Twingo that has an electric driving range of 180 kilometers, is fitted with electric motors and three packs of batteries on the front of the car and two on the site where the gas tank normally sits.

And complete conversion from a traditional fuel powered car to an electric vehicle takes less than a day. The original gearshift and gearbox are left untouched while the electrical socket is installed where the gas cap would originally have been.

The first models the startup want to explore includes Renault Twingo II, Fiat 500, Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, Toyota Aygo and Volkswagen Polo.

Would You Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric One If The Company Comes To Nigeria?

https://autojosh.com/would-you-pay-n3-4m-to-convert-your-petrol-diesel-powered-vehicle-into-an-electric-car/

Let us ask Ben Bruce, Mr electric car. How many car owners can afford that?
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by paix(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2019
iHart:
In Europe, North America, Asia, yes. In Nigeria, a very big and capital NO. At least for now
Till when?
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by victorazy(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2019
TRYGO:
If the cash is there, y not?! As long as I would still have my horse power intact, like you'd have on a Tesla model S.

It makes no sense bro!

Is inconsequential because not on this earth will you spend N3.4m for just buying of fuel.
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by SOPWriter: 10:30am On Aug 27, 2019
Nbote:
What shall it profit me to convert my petrol car to electric car only for me to buy generator dat uses petrol to charge d electric car?
Thoughtful and funny.
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by maasoap(m): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2019
EdiAbali:
Why not buy the electric car instead of converting

Cost, expensive because it will be brand new as against tokunbo that we're used to in Nigeria
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by betterpikinn: 10:30am On Aug 27, 2019
Mftivi:
man this comment of yours is painfully ignorant.
how old are?
note;
This topic wasn't posted in the kid section...
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Angelfrost(m): 10:31am On Aug 27, 2019
Electric cars are the future... Nigeria is yet to leave the past, so we can only dream.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by CrestMan: 10:32am On Aug 27, 2019
Larryfest:
In naija, God forbid....where person go see the electricity charge am naa

Come to Magodo and charge your car where there's 24/7 power grin cheesy wink
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Biingoo: 10:34am On Aug 27, 2019
Nbote:
Lmao!!!!
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by CrestMan: 10:36am On Aug 27, 2019
obingo25:
cry where's the electricity?

In Magodo Estate cheesy
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 27, 2019
yes

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 27, 2019
GreenWhiteGreen:
Just be ready to buy a 1.2M mikano generator for charging.
then you buy gas for the gen, why not just use the 4m to buy a geepee tank of fuel
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Mftivi: 10:42am On Aug 27, 2019
betterpikinn:

how old are?
note;
This topic wasn't posted in the kid section...
It's not an insult brother man, I stated a fact. Sometimes we can really bleep up and say some ignorant shit lol.
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by ayomide8990(m): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2019
Nbote:
What shall it profit me to convert my petrol car to electric car only for me to buy generator dat uses petrol to charge d electric car? Dat is called Penis wise, palmwine foolish...
grin grin cheesy
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by tillaman(m): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2019
paix:
Would you still spend 3.4 million naira to convert that your DREAM CAR into an electric car?
Honestly I can’t, I really don’t like converting stuffs I would rather save up to buy me a new electric car instead of converting that’s if I feel compelled to own an electric whip! My guy once converted his Mazda from manual to automatic I tell you the car was not the same again, it’s always one problem or the other almost every 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by Simplyleo: 10:46am On Aug 27, 2019
paix:
The generator could be solar powered.
So why not just get the solar powered car?

1 Like

Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by iHart(m): 10:52am On Aug 27, 2019
paix:
Till when?
you never get electricity to charge phone, na car you go get electricity to charge? Till then...
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by kelvinovie25(m): 10:54am On Aug 27, 2019
If it comes with powerbank, then I guess we can. grin
Re: Would You Pay ₦3.4m To Convert Your Petrol Powered Car Into An Electric Car? by shogsman(m): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2019
Why not ,so that I can be going everywhere with extension to find who on Gen abi.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! / Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range / 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.