Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? (31192 Views)

My House Agent Is Demanding 5% From Me For Agent Fee Every Year / Any House Agent In Abeokuta / House Hunting, What's The Most Ridiculous Thing An Agent Has Done/said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by oweniwe(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
okerekeikpo:
See my room two months after I paid for house rent at Ajah
na wa o.

Drill a small hole at the bottom of the wall and put a small water pipe into the hole for the water to flow out. If outside the house is dry, you you can have temporary reprieve.

cry

Or call carpenter to build bed matress support like platform with plank all over the room... Or small wooden podium to cover the whole room.... Use carpet or rug to cover the wood surface.

You can build such for half of the room so you'll have dry space to put your things on.

Is extra cost... But since you're just 2 months in... You still have a long way to go in the house

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Ahmedo101(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
I saw hell searching for house two years ago.

One agent took me to an abandoned house with no ceiling where nobody is currently living, I know the house so I didn’t bother entering the house with him.

Another agent took me to a house where as short as I am my head is almost touching the bedroom ceiling.

They took me to a lot of old dirty houses, mehn I saw hell.

4 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by eleojo23: 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ahmedo101:
I saw hell searching for house two years ago.

One agent took me to an abandoned house with no ceiling where nobody is currently living, I know the house so I didn’t bother entering the house with him.

Another agent took me to a house where as short as I am my head is almost touching the bedroom ceiling.

They took me to a lot of old dirty houses, mehn I saw hell.

Na chicken pen? grin

6 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Godson214(m): 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
leksy07:

There is in Isolo area

Good evening bro
Can you help me with a house (Room and parlor self contain) in isolo. With fenced compound. Budget is 250k or less please
Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by captainking(m): 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Good for you. Me am still looking oo
Thanks bro...you will get...just be patience..and dont be in a hurry..also...tell them your budget...

with these,,, you will get..though it might take time a bit
Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Emotionss: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
captainking:

Thanks bro...you will get...just be patience..and dont be in a hurry..also...tell them your budget...

with these,,, you will get..though it might take time a bit

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Ejiod(m): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
I need a good just room self contain..its just only me. Budget 250k-300k. Please it has to be close to island. Where I am I have to wake up by 6am before getting to office by 9am.
Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by LadySarah: 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

A normal thing in port Harcourt.

Any old house you rent in port Harcourt that is owned by an indigenous person there's a 70% chances that someone was buried in one of the rooms.

Ikwerre ppl got no joy.My neighbours bro at Ogbunabali recently discovered he was living ontop the compound.s sewer(the one that houses shit.
Landlord came and told him to travel for some days thatthwy will need to crack hos sitting-room floor to drain poo angry angry angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by shawlar(m): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

A normal thing in port Harcourt.

Any old house you rent in port Harcourt that is owned by an indigenous person there's a 70% chances that someone was buried in one of the rooms.

Hehn.....!!

6 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Emotionss: 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
LadySarah:

Ikwerre ppl got no joy.My neighbours bro at Ogbunabali recently discovered he was living ontop the compound.s sewer(the one that houses shit.
Landlord came and told him to travel for some days thatthwy will need to crack hos sitting-room floor to drain poo angry angry angry angry

That is port Harcourt for you.
I try to avoid any old house owned by an indigenous person. I can not come and go and kill myself by myself with my money

6 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Emotionss: 4:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
shawlar:

Hehn.....!!

It's a fact.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by justphillips(m): 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
LadySarah:

11 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Mctitanmj(m): 5:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
tstx:
Here To lol
same here
Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by beautyhd: 5:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
I'm already laughing from all the write ups.

I'm currently looking for a mini flat. When I go for house hunting I dress well to avoid nonsense. Last week I was a bit unwell and my dressing made me look somehow, this agent of darkness took me to the end of the world all in the name of an estate, renovated building and he said it was a new building.
When the guy holding the keys came he was like madam you are lucky ooo, the person that left here didn't want to leave if not that he built his own house. I looked at the agent and he said the house is good as new.
The kitchen has only the sink hanging somewhere and no space for cabinet, the toilet nko be like say someone did something nasty there and didn't flush
Na so I para for the guy, he was like you go wash am now. I gave him 5h for his stress and he stood there ranting.
I don't pay for agent until I see the house.
Highest I will pay is 7h.
Agent peeps, nonsense and buhari.

House hunting is not easy and it's quite draining.

13 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by dayleke: 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
habaja:
I had gone with an agent to secure a self contained room at ijeshatedo, ilasamanja .

The former tenant had packed out in a hurry . Reasons were visibly obvious.

They had just recently buried the landlord in the parlour!!!!!

Immediately, I cancel all contact with the Agent and told them my mind.

Thankfully I had not paid for the form.

The wickedness of Men.

The parlor of the tenant?
Can they do that?

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Mctitanmj(m): 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
KiggerLomo:
Keep it rolling.. Halla, if you are here to laugh.. I no fit talk my own abeg

here to laugh ni ooh
Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by dayleke: 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2019
anayolity:

Bro i have seen many with toilet in the palour

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by surebona(m): 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2019
I was in the office jejeli, when the agent called that he has seen the best house for me!! I was very happy and rushed down to meet him up so that we go check it out, you won't believe on getting there, he showed my to an empty land close to the landlord building, he say if u pay now, before 1month them don build am finish, he went further by saying I can even decide to give them the plan I need for the bedsitter.. My people I weak dat day

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Cyberleets: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2019
They took me to an apartment where I have to introduce any visitor am having to the landlord...I must not use gas, only stove!

I told the landlord to eat his house...I stormed out!

Untop my money again?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by eleojo23: 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2019
Cyberleets:
They took me to an apartment where I have to introduce any visitor am having to the landlord...I must not use gas, only stove!

I told the landlord to eat his house...I stormed out!

Untop my money again?

shocked
Is the landlord living in 1960 or what?

5 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Oseniade(m): 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
So it kinda remind me of my own o. Almost 3 years ago. I saw an agent's number and I gave him a call that I needed a room preferably in a flat. I t should be neat and the likes... He described one place for me to go and check at a relatively low price(1st trigger). As I entered the flat, the room was filled with numerous jargons and the ceiling is almost touching my head with the way it bent inward. When I attempted to check the toilet and I knocked my head against the wall as the entrance was low (even for a person of average height like me); that was when I confirmed I should run for my dear life. I did not even call back to give him my assessment. He later called me that I didn't even tell him if I was able to locate the place. I nearly blasted him for making me suffer unnecessary hardship. He said the rent price could be reduced further.

6 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Sparkle777(f): 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
daddytime:
Cemetery...

I no fit type the tori abeg...

Come back hia, na this kain tori I dey like grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by daddytime(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2019
Sparkle777:

Come back hia, na this kain tori I dey like grin grin grin

Amebooo grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by bass7: 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2019
ivoryhouse:
There are actually websites that advertise apartments for rent..just google. Also check instant apartments,some of them are really affordable.
You guys just made my day..i haven't laughed this hard in a long while grin cool

Please what's the website ànd. ...I want to relocate to Lagos
Thank you
Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Sparkle777(f): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
okerekeikpo:
See my room two months after I paid for house rent at Ajah

Woow, I initially tot the tiles were so shiny until I looked well. This agents no go kee person.

10 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by osytex: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
surebona:
I was in the office jejeli, when the agent called that he has seen the best house for me!! I was very happy and rushed down to meet him up so that we go check it out, you won't believe on getting there, he showed my to an empty land close to the landlord building, he say if u pay now, before 1month them don build am finish, he went further by saying I can even decide to give them the plan I need for the bedsitter.. My people I weak dat day

Oh!! How can I forget when someone did this to me, in Igboeffon, lekki?? Funniest and scariest day of my life.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by misskenny(f): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
I can't stop laughing. I can recall what I and my fiancee went through looking for a place in Ketu before we settled at Jakande Estate.

The developer showed us a renovated building in front of an old buried house. Telling us to pay, that people are already coming for the place. Dirty environment, small rooms, in short cry cry cry.

The agents are just after your money and stressing you enough to want to settle for anything after the stress.

Better not to always be in hurry to rent house in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by FreeMejoor1(m): 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2019
surebona:
grin grin grin i don laugh tire

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by FreeMejoor1(m): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
Sparkle777:

Woow, I initially tot the tiles were so shiny until I looked well. This agents no go kee person.
lol thought i was the only that saw that..i don almost de jealous the nigga tiles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by hemartins(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
I remembered looking for a Mini flat. The agent took me to a house. I had to pass through a long passage to the backyard.
The entrance was just opposite the face me I face you toilet. The doors were made of plywood. The ceiling was dangling.
The agent told me to pay and the money would be used to make repairs.
Bloody lairs. If I had paid, I'd be left with my fate.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by lennsmart(m): 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
Lol... But why are we like this in naija, always looking for how to rip off other people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Craziest Place A House Agent Has Ever Taken You To? by Vado(m): 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
Damminglola:

Moving in with who?

Mr Right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two-storey Accident And Emergency Building In FMC Umuahia Collapses (VIDEO) / Ever Lived With A Disgusting Roommate? Share Experiences / The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.