Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,152 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison (14533 Views)

23-year-old Jilted Lover Commits Suicide With Sniper In Abuja / Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) / Let Me Commit Suicide With Fanta- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Dumps Sniper For Fanta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by Edyice: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
Mumu judge

Mumu court

Mumu country
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by Xammie001(m): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2019
Arise o mY cOUNTRY
charging A Person that Attempted Suicide to Court
I Pity My Country Nigeria
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by patorial(m): 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
UNIQUEISRAEL:
Someone said:

"Death sentence should be recommended for anyone who is caught attempting suicide" grin

LIKE for NAY

SHARE for YES

I can still remember a country that gives death penalty by hanging for suicide attempt
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by Majorsudaka: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
Why on earth will someone contemplate suicide , over what? [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by frozen70(f): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2019
Erediauwa:
This matter should not be handled in court

This is matter should be handled by 19 healthy looking youth drilling his wayward ass with good horse-whip to permanently drive every suicide thoughts.

Why are you reasoning like this ❓

He is an orphan and that alone can get him depressed to take his own life
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by frank202012: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
Government owns lives and poverty
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by Duggedised12(f): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
Modernist:
One time in America, the Punishment for attempted suicide is death.
once upon a time it was criminal offense for women to wear red lip stick too ,but hey,here we are undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by Temidayo9(m): 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
Successimpactld:
the way our judiciary take dey handle matter dey tired me... this guy need psychiatrist to attend to his case...you lock him up ..this country is finish
And who said there is no psychiatrist in Nigeria prison Service?
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by kiddkash(m): 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2019
superamoled:
The young man needs a therapist not prison cell.

Depression is rampant among many Nigerian youths especially in this tough economy and most can't seek help even from their family or friends. To make it worse, there's not a lot of effort put in to spread awareness of depression and it's repercussions

Backward country
thank you very much. this is the first time i have seen someone who thinks rationally on nairaland.
what is wrong with our country. is arresting him the best thing for him. prison is hard, he will attempt it again and will have more freedom to do it in prison

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by abdulmalik3(m): 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
And you think you said the right thing?
Erediauwa:
This matter should not be handled in court

This is matter should be handled by 19 healthy looking youth drilling his wayward ass with good horse-whip to permanently drive every suicide thoughts.
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by blackjackson284(m): 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
IYANGBALI:
Is it by force to live and remain alive especially in Nigeria?
Lol
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
frozen70:

Why are you reasoning like this ❓

He is an orphan and that alone can get him depressed to take his own life
Me and my opinions.

Mind your business. Thanks!
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by hedonido: 10:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
If they try that with me, that day they will change the law.
At least 2 people will go with me that day. All die na die
Exactly. The evil I will perpetrate, even with mere improvised weapons, would be devastating. I would start by killing the bastard judge with my bare hands or with my teeth. Right there in the courtroom.

This country is a joke.
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by Paxmedical(m): 11:26pm On Aug 27, 2019
I think this law is outdated.
The is foolishness . How can you detain someone who attempted to kill himself?
This is a case of someone who cried of hunger and prayer was offered for him...
Take this man to a professional. He needs assistance not punishment.
Re: Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison by cooooooks(m): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
Someone tried to kill himself because life is too hard so the solution is to....make life even harder by sending him to prison??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest Hoodlums Accused Of Destroying Police Facilities In Anambra / Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of Bayelsa APC Stalwart / Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.