Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State (51836 Views)

I Have Broken The Jinx Of Who Is Your Father In Oyo Politics – Seyi Makinde / Auxiliary To Police: You Can't Declare Me Wanted, Seyi Makinde My Destiny Helper / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by samdaisi: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
Gullible people does he tell you how he spends his allocation every month and security vote
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by tlurdy: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
D Best to solve this is apply for loan from FG ! Promises is a debit ! Don’t fail Ibadan people ! We I stay in Lagos
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Smartwave: 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
MrPolitics:

Each state makes up their own salary structure.
FG is only I charge of federal workers salaries.
That’s why some governors are insisting they’re not paying the 30k minimum wage
you're wrong. Salary and wages commission which is Federal agency is only body that can determine salary for workers, state may only negotiate with workers. If they can not avoid to pay. Which workers have right to reject. But in true federalism system of government :- Bros, You're perfectly correct.
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
lilytender:

Yes, Makinde is leading Ibadan while other Ibadan villagers follow. I am from Ogun, Makinde is not leading Ogun. I am based in Lagos, Makinde is not leading Lagos.

In as much as i like this well read fella, na initial gra gra.
Na so all Naija politicians dey do.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Skodiswayze(m): 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
HATING IN THE AIR

lilytender:

Yes, Makinde is leading Ibadan while other Ibadan villagers follow. I am from Ogun, Makinde is not leading Ogun. I am based in Lagos, Makinde is not leading Lagos.
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
Oga gan oo
Na true Sha say this Lagos guvnor dey do IGG
initial gra gra
This man no talk anything about Lagos workers welfare or minimum wage at all
Pasan ta fi no iyale,o shi was nice Koro ile o

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by iamezekwesiri: 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2019
Gullible fellas....
He only stated The Basic Salary exclusive of Allowances and Security Vote that runs into millions of Naira.... Mtchewww ...

Initial Gra Gra, Makinde show maintain this tempo o

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by babadee1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
His benefits and allowances nko? His security vote nko? Why didn't he tell us those ones as well?

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by TSRC: 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
Gazzy88:
As an 'elder statesman' that you're, provide a solution and let's learn from you. You all kuku think politics and governance is your childish zanku and shakushaku dances.
Put measures to ensure that contracts awarding are verified by a panel of people at different strata.

Ensure that one person does not have so much power as to become a target of being influenced.
The only disadvantage is bureaucracy, but there are ways you can still speed up the process.

That is how to fight corruption, not all these nonsense.
If I am corrupt, and you are paying me one million a month and a big contractor brings 10 million as bribe, the job is going to him.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Adeagbo77: 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
BlackfireX:
With the way this guy is going with wonderful masses orientation project..... He might be assassinated
Maka why? Bros you mind dey dirty ooo
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
EkoAcademy:
That might be the basic salary, but definitely not the total package. Only a mad man would expect someone to earn such an amount as governor grin
Oh year...that's just the basic salary
These guys earn several packets of dough monthly; this allowance, that allowance, security vote, wardrobe, feeding, travelling, newspaper, domestic staff, health, you mention it, all these in multi millions meehn...then this guy be emphasizing the 650k like that's everything he earns..lol
Politicians will remain politicians my man

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by betatalk: 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
lilytender:

He is governor of Oyo. Last I checked ogun is diff from oyo
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Starz825(m): 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2019
yarimo:
Temptation temptation and temptation, From MAKINDE expression it's clear he has made up his mind to finish OYO state treasury.
I don't think I have heard anyone in governmental position as high as a governor in a state say so abt his salary and budget..
This guy transparency is top notch at least
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by fyneguy: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
BlackfireX:
With the way this guy is going with wonderful masses orientation project..... He might be assassinated

You care to list the mass-oriented projects he has initiated so far?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by karo93: 4:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
Probably Makinde didnt think it through before saying this.... the basic salary of our federal lawmakers is about 750k but they go home with 15million and everyone already knows that.....

He isnt helping his image with this half truth....

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Smileyme(f): 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
Just the basic salary right....Trying to create a reason for coming corruption... Even the board members/owners of companies don't get 50% of a company's revenue....

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by NnadyAutos: 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
If #650k is the Salary of state Governors, where then do they get the money for such private investment of their own.some establish private university while in office, others open private refineries abroad etc. where comes the money.
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Ahmeduana(m): 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
Hope the goat will not start to eat the yam? angry

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by komols856: 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
[quote author=OritaIbadan post=81719086] See his mouth, face the reality son[/qu

who your ogun or Lagos help!
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by komols856: 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
[quote author=OritaIbadan post=81719086] See his mouth, face the reality son[/qu

who your ogun or Lagos help!
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Bluebolt: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
karo93:
Probably Makinde didnt think it through before saying this.... the basic salary of our federal lawmakers is about 750k but they go home with 15million and everyone already knows that.....

He isnt helping his image with this half truth....
If our people decide to know they ll kukuma surely know!
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by betterpikinn: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
lilytender:

chai

osu nor go kee person grin
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by yarimo(m): 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
Starz825:

I don't think I have heard anyone in governmental position as high as a governor in a state say so abt his salary and budget..
This guy transparency is top notch at least
that is how former governor of Niger State started claiming transparency, before people know what is going on he has finish the state treasury. grin

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm sure this is a very sound argument.

Perhaps, half the state budget will fully quash temptation.
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Kakamorufu(m): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2019
so me and my governor dey earn same money?

ahdonbelieveIt shocked
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by tsdarkside(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2019
what nigerian politicians dont understand is,the more your state generate the more your salary will increase....their is no need to steal if you do your job well....

he is right....
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by MrPolitics: 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
Divit:

All what you say here contradicts one another. How can the Feds be in charge of an event and a governor object to it?! undecided makes no sense.

I said Feds are in charge of federal workers salaries.
A state govt is in charge of state workers salaries.
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by efembaba(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
It's not a relatively low income(which is actually not low) that makes theiving politicians to steal money. It's their character and nature. A thief will steal even if he earns 100 million while a person of good character will not no matter how little he earns
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Skyyoyo: 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
I like this guy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Election Results From Edo / Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures / Photos Of Fake INEC Staff, Policemen Arrested By Army For "Working For Wike".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.