Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State (51837 Views)

I Have Broken The Jinx Of Who Is Your Father In Oyo Politics – Seyi Makinde / Auxiliary To Police: You Can't Declare Me Wanted, Seyi Makinde My Destiny Helper / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Synthase(m): 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
lilytender:

Yes, Makinde is leading Ibadan while other Ibadan villagers follow. I am from Ogun, Makinde is not leading Ogun. I am based in Lagos, Makinde is not leading Lagos.
grin grin Don't mind them jare, they will quote a long write up just to type their one line rubbish...
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by chozzy: 7:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
Aw
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Olubucorla(f): 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
He no add monthly allowance join.
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Alex09(m): 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nigerian politician
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by piagetskinner(m): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2019
But that’s excluding allowances... is 650k the total take home?

Because commissioners de earn like 1m o
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Jeffersonagain(m): 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
I don't know much about this man, but the little I've read about him and heard him say inspire a huge admiration for him. I see more of a leader than a governor in his Excellency Seyi Makinde

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by OyiboOyibo(m): 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
OritaIbadan:
Bros face your Sai Baba nonsense and stop puting mouth in Oyo matter
DON'T MIND THE NINCOMPOOP
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Tocco(m): 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2019
Mr Governor a.k.a GSM.. Sir kindly tell us the other allowances you'll be entitled to.. We all know your salary will be meagre, we need the total package per month.. Tah!

TITOPE:
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has disclosed that his monthly salary as the state governor is N650,000.

He, therefore, declared his readiness to tackle poor remuneration in the state’s civil service.

Makinde made this declaration while addressing the newly sworn-in Commissioners in the state as he reiterated his commitment towards finding a lasting solution to the issue of poor remuneration in the civil service.

He maintained that poor remuneration packages could be counterproductive to anti-corruption initiatives.

The Governor stated that under his leadership, it would not be business as usual, as he would do everything possible to ensure that workers in the state were not exposed to the temptations of corruption.

He said, “We do have challenges and I can give you an example of the kind of issues that we are faced with. When I was on the podium being sworn-in, I announced that I was donating my salary to the pension board. I actually thought my salary was going to be like N3 or N4 million monthly but when I came in here, I discovered that my salary is only six hundred and fifty naira (N650,000) monthly, which is less than two thousand dollars ($2,000). And then, I have a budget of over five hundred million dollars.

“How can somebody earning $24,000 a year preside over a five hundred million dollar budget? The temptation is just too high.

“When I was growing up, anytime I saw permanent secretaries and top civil servants, all around with their entourage, jeeps, Land cruisers, I thought they were making it big because I was driving Peugeot or Toyota Camry.

“But when I came in here, the salary of Permanent Secretaries is under N500,000 per month; in such an environment where you have contractors coming with big temptations. The expectation is just too great and high. But the good news is, we will find a solution to this. It’s going to business unusual in Oyo State.”

He charged all the new Commissioners in the state to key into his vision and manifesto of accelerated development of Oyo State, adding that the administration would conduct business in an unusual manner that would change the narrative about governance in the state.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/08/makinde-declares-n650000-as-salary-is.html
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by SheikhMuniru(m): 2:44am On Aug 30, 2019
Bro Seyi For Second Term 2023
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by capitalzero: 4:49am On Aug 30, 2019
BlackfireX:
With the way this guy is going with wonderful masses orientation project..... He might be assassinated

he has to be very careful
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by capitalzero: 4:57am On Aug 30, 2019
makinde should be crowned Arole Awolowo of Yorubaland by our obas
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by okewumi: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2019
Makinde is intelligent and l respect him.

He said before he became governor, you will see PERMANENT SECRETARY, TOP CIVIL SERVANTS and DIRECTORS going around with Land Cruiser, big cars and entourage.

Where are they seen the money, if their salary is as low? It means most civil servants are corrupt.

So, as he is swearing-in new members and let them know that it will not be business as usual by collect bribes from contractor.
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by mideji(m): 2:24am On Aug 31, 2019
atarapa:
by state assembly not fg
what is the work of revenue mobilisation and fiscal commission
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by mideji(m): 2:24am On Aug 31, 2019
MrPolitics:

Each state makes up their own salary structure.
FG is only I charge of federal workers salaries.
That’s why some governors are insisting they’re not paying the 30k minimum wage
what is the work of revenue mobilisation and fiscal commission
Re: Seyi Makinde: My Salary Is N650,000 As Governor Of Oyo State by Mires: 9:44am On Aug 31, 2019
What's wrong with this Makinde? He shouldn't let my love for him to be thrown into the waste bin. How could he be telling us of his basic salary when we all know that the allowances to the office is very mega

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan Osun In Pictures / Buhari's Interview With Osasu Show: Speaks On Aso Rock Cabal & Daura (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Presents Staff Of Office To New Oniru Abdul-Wasiu Omognbolahan Lawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.