Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Please Have Mercy On Your Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Have Mercy On Your Children (5467 Views)

Please Have Mercy On Me. / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC / Is Smacking Your Children The Best Way Of Discipline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by missjo(f): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Antinatalist:
RoyalRoy since you're the moderator here. You could move this to front page as it seems this philosophical viewpoint is foreign to most people here. I'll also like to know how most Atheists feel about this. Seun, as this is a matter of life and death, what's your opinion?
Are you an atheist?
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
And how do you intend to enforce these idea of yours?
No come nuke me one day in my sleep o angry
Bloody psychopath!!Bin Laden in the making.

4 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lots of mentally ill pple parading around on NL oo. Op, rather than trying to shove your ugly ideas on Nairalanders, go blame your mother for giving birth to u or ask why she didn't abort u in the womb. Nonsense.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by peeps4u: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
ogawisdom:

Hmmm I am not sure u are sane angry I give up on ur mentality

LOL, so you thought u were engaging a normal somebody in argument before?

4 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by desvi: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
just because you hate life doesn't mean everyone else does too
am happy my parents gave me life
sorry you hate yours

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ayanbaba2(m): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
ogawisdom:

Hmmm I am not sure u are sane angry I give up on ur mentality
agreed! please, don't reply him again! thanks

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ThothHermes: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
Life seems tough but what about the pleasures of life -- Travelling, falling in love, tasting good food, feeling immense joy etc.
The simple pleasures more than make up for whatever hardship one might face no?

I assume that antinatalism goes hand in hand with nihilism. So if you hold that all is meaningless, then what is the problem whether we suffer or enjoy. The known universe has existed for 13.8 billion years and counting.
Our existence is briefer than the blink of an eye in comparism so what does it matter to you whether we give birth or not?
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:33am On Aug 30, 2019
AmericanDad:

Buahahahhahahah! Working 9 to 5 is enough suffering

Some people are not lucky enough to work 9-5 even. Some are tortured for years by illness until finally dying. Some get kidnapped and shot. I can go on but my point is clear already.

Life is tragedy and no right thinking person should impose that tragedy on others.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:48am On Aug 30, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
The op raised some valid and invalid points. There are cases he sounded anti-childbearing. That's akin to making mankind go into extinction.

Thanks for your understanding.
Yes. I am anti-childbearing and I maintain that bringing any child into this world is morally wrong.

As for fear that humans are going to go into extinction. I'll address them now.

With or without Antinatalism, the human race is definitely going to become extinct thousands of years from now. Just hit "human extinction" in any search engine on the web and you'll be amazed at the various ways in which the world is deemed to end.

Life in general is too hard. Even the relatively lucky few that are born in wealthy homes are not spared other forms of suffering. In fact. Regardless of your wealth, you cannot guarantee that your child is not going to suffer really hard in this world and so you have no Right to force life upon them.

5 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:49am On Aug 30, 2019
Efewestern:

So in essence, we shouldn't give birth, and watch humanity go extinct.

Wow, just wow, you even said a single kid is a mistake.
Yes Sir. I maintain that no one has the Right to impose life on others.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:52am On Aug 30, 2019
missjo:

Are you an atheist?
I'm sorry I can't reply them since Atheism has nothing to do with Antinatalism. I know Antinatalists that are Atheists and I equally know others that are believers.
Faith has no role to play here. All that is required is honesty from people. Life in general is hard and never free from suffering and thus, there's no need to impose it on others.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:57am On Aug 30, 2019
nwanneni:
And how do you intend to enforce these idea of yours?
No come nuke me one day in my sleep o angry
Bloody psychopath!!Bin Laden in the making.

Life is too hard Sir. There's no reason for me to kill my fellow man or wish them suffering. I help them whenever it's within my power to. It's not me who is a psychopath but people who see that life consists of sufferings and death and still proceed to impose it on others out of their selfish desires to be parent.

Also. Antinatalism is a growing movement. It will take time but we'll definitely succeed in our efforts to save the unborn from unnecessary sufferings and death.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:59am On Aug 30, 2019
Zielle:
Lots of mentally ill pple parading around on NL oo. Op, rather than trying to shove your ugly ideas on Nairalanders, go blame your mother for giving birth to u or ask why she didn't abort u in the womb. Nonsense.
Reflect on these words of mine instead of attacking me. Please I beg you to do this.

1 Like

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 2:13am On Aug 30, 2019
ThothHermes:
Life seems tough but what about the pleasures of life -- Travelling, falling in love, tasting good food, feeling immense joy etc.
The simple pleasures more than make up for whatever hardship one might face no?

The fact that pleasure exists is not enough reason to even bring a child into this world because the sufferings in this world outweighs the pleasure. .
Happy moments do not last in this world. And even when they do, the pleasure we derive from them soon fade, like an illusion. . ..
Even for sex, we soon forget how the pleasure felt after some minutes. But if your finger sliced off with an axe, I guarantee it that even for 20 years the memory of that pain will still be fresh in your mind. The bad things in this world outweighs the good things in it.

Antinatalism has nothing to do with nihilism, I know some deeply religious Antinatalists. Any right thinking human being would never impose life on others regardless of how they feel about this world because you can never guarantee that the child you're bringing in is totally free from suffering.

4 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by CarFixng: 3:45am On Aug 30, 2019
Our Services are Affordable and Quality with a 90 days Warranty to ensure Our clients are enjoy peace of mind

Contact us now?
07018433334, 0810O661236.

Visit our Website: www.CarFix.ng to schedule an appointment with us

CarFix Garage is located@: No 34B Katampe Jahi 1, between Platinum Plaza and Daylight Complex close to NEXT CASH AND CARRY.

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 4:19am On Aug 30, 2019
Antinatalist:

Reflect on these words of mine instead of attacking me. Please I beg you to do this.
You reflect on ur own words urself then take urself to a Psychiatric ward while you're at it, pleeease. Talk till next year if u like, ain't nobody listening to the rubbish you're spitting cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ImaIma1(f): 6:43am On Aug 30, 2019
Antinatalist:

Life is too hard Sir. There's no reason for me to kill my fellow man or wish them suffering. I help them whenever it's within my power to. It's not me who is a psychopath but people who see that life consists of sufferings and death and still proceed to impose it on others out of their selfish desires to be parent.

Also. Antinatalism is a growing movement. It will take time but we'll definitely succeed in our efforts to save the unborn from unnecessary sufferings and death.

Who did this to you?

3 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 6:57am On Aug 30, 2019
ImaIma1:

Who did this to you?
Oh. My lovely friend. Welcome back. grin grin
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by missjo(f): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2019
Antinatalist:

I'm sorry I can't reply them since Atheism has nothing to do with Antinatalism. I know Antinatalists that are Atheists and I equally know others that are believers.
Faith has no role to play here. All that is required is honesty from people. Life in general is hard and never free from suffering and thus, there's no need to impose it on others.
Lol
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 7:07am On Aug 30, 2019
Zielle:
You reflect on ur own words urself then take urself to a Psychiatric ward while you're at it, pleeease. Talk till next year if u like, ain't nobody listening to the rubbish you're spitting cheesy

Honey why the rudeness? Listen Sugar. I hope you're not planning to sentence an innocent baby to an unnecessary death and suffering because of your selfish desire to be a mother? If Yes then it's not too late to change your mind.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 7:18am On Aug 30, 2019
ImaIma1:

Who did this to you?

My Friend it appears you're already a mother. That's not a problem and I cannot hate you for your actions even though it's not a moral thing to do. You were probably under the influence of biological disposition and culture. Don't worry about that. I know some people that became Antinatalists after having their first child or second child even. One of them even wrote a book. Check https://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Antinatalist-Jim-Crawford/dp/0989697266

Just try hard and show love to that child and try your best to make sure he/she doesn't suffer too much.

If I were to ask you why you decided to give birth you'll definitely give me a lot of reasons that are quite compelling but, none of this reasons will ever concern that child. That's the norm in our society. People just spread their legs and give birth without even thinking of the implications involved.

No one is ever hurt by not being born but rather they suffer just because they were born. By bearing a child. You're sentencing that child to death. That child becomes a victim of all the evils that goes under this earth. That child becomes a potential wageslave in the future. Giving birth to a child because of selfish desires to be a mother is wrong because you're using another human as a means to an end.

4 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2019
Antinatalist you need God! grin I will have offsprings and train them well in Jesus name
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2019
AmericanDad:
Antinatalist you need God! grin I will have offsprings and train them well in Jesus name

Yes you will. You'll do that for the selfish desire of being a father. You'll do so several reasons and not for the sake of that child. They're billions of humans like you out there imposing life on innocent kids. It's nothing new.

3 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ThothHermes: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2019
Antinatalist:

The fact that pleasure exists is not enough reason to even bring a child into this world because the sufferings in this world outweighs the pleasure
This is not true for most people as you can see from the replies you are getting.
Happy moments do not last in this world. And even when they do, the pleasure we derive from them soon fade, like an illusion
Another untruth. Maybe there is something in your brain that makes you forget the happy moments. This is not true for most. Perhaps you are ill
Even for sex, we soon forget how the pleasure felt after some minutes. But if your finger sliced off with an axe, I guarantee it that even for 20 years the memory of that pain will still be fresh in your mind. The bad things in this world outweighs the good things in it.
More unsubstantiated BS. History is replete with people with one disability or the other who lived full lives. Stevie wonder, Stephen Hawkings, our own Cobhams Asuquo.
I pass beggars on the streets and they are always laughing and cracking jokes even in the midst of all the suffering. It makes the human experience worth it.

Antinatalism has nothing to do with nihilism, I know some deeply religious Antinatalists
Liar. What religion do they practice? Go into the world and multiply is a feature of most religions. That is why religions have their various rituals for handling newborns.
Any right thinking human being would never impose life on others regardless of how they feel about this world because you can never guarantee that the child you're bringing in is totally free from suffering.
So you consider yourself a "right thinking human"
Don't make me laugh. grin

3 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 30, 2019
There's is actually sense in what you are saying. on my own, I wonder over these things about life and some other things that people are probably afraid to think about!
Well I'm open minded and a free thinker

4 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2019
chidiebereuzoma:
There's is actually sense in what you are saying. on my own, I wonder over these things about life and some other things that people are probably afraid to think about!
Well I'm open minded and a free thinker

Thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 10:34am On Aug 30, 2019
ThothHermes. ..

Please try to understand that Antinatalism has nothing to do with religion. There are hundreds of religions in this world that oppose childbirth. It's only Abrahamic religions and some other few that actually promote the whole idea of procreation.

Secondly. So you see beggars laughing in the streets and you took it as an evidence that no harm was done by giving birth to them? For someone to be living life under the sun in hunger and starvation all throughout their life, you don't see anything evil in that, then it means you lack human sympathy.

You also seem to miss my point. Regardless of the suffering we might face. It might not really stop me from having a career and having a husband/wife. But having all these things does not in any way nullify the fact that my existence is a harm to me. Beggars and People that are disabled suffer all through their lives. Their birth is a harm to them committed by their selfish parents. Nobody suffers just because he/she was not born into this world. But. Just by giving birth to a kid. We expose them to different levels of unimaginable harm and inevitable death. This makes childbearing an immoral thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2019
Antinatalist:

Honey why the rudeness? Listen Sugar. I hope you're not planning to sentence an innocent baby to an unnecessary death and suffering because of your selfish desire to be a mother? If Yes then it's not too late to change your mind.

Bc you're senseless n mentally ill. U are not ok up there at all lipsrsealed, are a danger to the Nigerian society. I pray you're not planning to kill or rape any children around u shocked. Seriously parents are afraid of leaving their children around a messed up person like u, u may kill them arguing u are doing them a favor!!!! No rush for me to be a mother, still chilling chilling cool. Worry about ur mentally ill self. Go to the Pregnancy thread on Nairaland n tell them all the crappy you're spitting here, watch if they won't curse ur already miserable life. Go tell Linda Ikeji, Ronke Odunsanya, Otedola, the Kardashian girls wt little kids, n all the peeps in Nollywood n Hollywood with kids or newborns they made a mistake having kids, their kids are suffering or go suffer in life, their kids wll get raped, their kids will die n watch if u won't get arrested or locked up in a psych ward. Like i said go ask ur mother y she gave birth to u or y she didn't abort ur ass grin, it's her u shud direct ur frustrations to grin. Nonsense n antinatalism. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
Zielle:

Bc you're senseless n mentally ill. U are not ok up there at all lipsrsealed, are a danger to the Nigerian society. I pray you're not planning to kill or rape any children around u shocked. Seriously parents are afraid of leaving their children around a messed up person like u, u may kill them arguing u are doing them a favor!!!! No rush for me to be a mother, still chilling chilling cool. Worry about ur mentally ill self. Go to the Pregnancy thread on Nairaland n tell them all the crappy you're spitting here, watch if they won't curse ur already miserable life. Go tell Linda Ikeji, Ronke Odunsanya, Otedola, the Kardashian girls wt little kids, n all the peeps in Nollywood n Hollywood with kids or newborns they made a mistake having kids, their kids are suffering or go suffer in life, their kids wll get raped, their kids will die n watch if u won't get arrested or locked up in a psych ward. Like i said go ask ur mother y she gave birth to u or y she didn't abort ur ass grin, it's her u shud direct ur frustrations to grin. Nonsense n antinatalism. cheesy

My love you're quite rude to me. Rather than raining insults, point out the flaws in my arguments and address it. Thanks in advanced cup cake wink
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by ahnie: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2019
Strange people trooping into nairaland daily
nawa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
Antinatalist:

My love you're quite rude to me. Rather than raining insults, point out the flaws in my arguments and address it. Thanks in advanced cup cake wink

Antinatalist! grin grin
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by frozen70(f): 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
Antinatalist:
Good day everyone. I have been an active visitor on this forum for a long time now, I decided to open an account because I have something important I wish to share to everyone. Please take your time and read. Thanks. .

I want to use this opportunity to beg parents to have some sympathy for their children and stop giving birth to them. There's too much suffering in this world, from children dying from starvation, people dying from diseases and getting beaten and raped, accidents, etc. In fact, the quality of human life in general is very low. .

If you love your children as you claim, you'll not want them to suffer. You can marry your partner and still be happy without children.

It's okay if you already have children, but it's not too late to stop producing now and save your future offsprings from coming into this world to suffer and then just die for nothing.

For now that's all I have to say.

Funny enough, those people you are referring to are not in this forum

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother Donates Womb To Daughter! / Are There Still Men Who Don’t Cheat On Their Spouse / Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.