Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,315 members, 7,954,268 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:46 PM

Please Have Mercy On Your Children - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Have Mercy On Your Children (5698 Views)

Have Mercy On The Unborn / Please Have Mercy On Me. / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2019
frozen70:

Funny enough, those people you are referring to are not in this forum
They are. Please take time to read the comments here. Thanks.
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by armyofone(m): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2019
grin grin

ogawisdom:

Hmmm I am not sure u are sane angry I give up on ur mentality
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by djon78(m): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2019
ImaIma1:

There's no need dissecting your comments. I am already repelled by the [b]pessimism, despair and negativity [/b]that seems to be your anchor and I don't want you dragging me along into it.

So much negativity, despair, pessimism and darkness in his post.
God that created us put that ability in us to procreate. Likewise animals.
There is no justification for this his post
Its total madness
And I defy it completely
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by yeyeosoronga: 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
I sill take you serious once you get a vasectomy to show you really believe all you've been saying
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by armyofone(m): 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2019
Exactly! Limit the number of children to 2 or 3 should be the way to go. Many are not financially okay and should have no business having children.
Many African men think the sole purpose of their pe..nis is to get erection and sexual healing!

GrabHisBalls:
The op raised some valid and invalid points. There are cases he sounded anti-childbearing. That's akin to making mankind go into extinction.

With that said, there are situations I see children, but only feel bad in my spirit 'cause I realized the kind of poverty they've been born into by some careless parents who shouldn't be in the first place. Having a vagina and a womb doesn't mean you should run into child bearing. To make matters worse, we can't even have a functional child welfare system that cares for children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 8:05pm On Aug 31, 2019
djon78:

So much negativity, despair, pessimism and darkness in his post.
God that created us put that ability in us to procreate. Likewise animals.
There is no justification for this his post
Its total madness
And I defy it completely

When one decides to be realistic and speak about things the way they really are. He/she becomes a pessimist.
Out of all the things I wrote here. Please can you pick out just one thing that is not true ? I bet you can't.
I'm not here to say things you like. I paint life the way it is. Life is a tragedy and you have no Right whatsoever to impose it on others without their consent.

4 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
I sill take you serious once you get a vasectomy to show you really believe all you've been saying

I'm sure you can do better than this my dear friend.

1 Like

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Antinatalist: 8:28pm On Aug 31, 2019
armyofone:
Exactly! Limit the number of children to 2 or 3 should be the way to go. Many are not financially okay and should have no business having children.
Many African men think the sole purpose of their pe..nis is to get erection and sexual healing!

You're of the opinion that many should never have children because they are not financially okay. Your reason for saying this of course, would be that the children would suffer if they're brought into this world due to the financial condition of their parents.

We are actually on the same ground (which is avoiding suffering) but I disagree with you that the high income people should even have to give birth to even a single child.

You see, the quality of human life is very low even for the relatively few that can boast of the best life.
That you have millions in your account does not give you any Right whatsoever to impose life on innocent children.
This is because, regardless of your wealth, cannot predict that your child will not be a victim of fire accident that would torture them to death in the near future. You cannot predict whether they'll be a victim of a terrible accident that would render them disabled for the rest of their lives. You cannot guarantee that they'll not fall victim of a killer virus that would torment them to their graves.

I could go on for ages, the list of the terrible things a child is exposed to in this world once he/she is brought into existence is endless. Also, regardless of your wealth. You cannot guarantee that your child will be happy in life. So bringing a child into this world becomes morally problematic. .

On the other hand. No harm is ever done to the unborn. Unborn babies do not feel sad or ever cry. They are never punished with the anxiety of existence. Moreover, since we all die anyways, why disturb the unborn?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 24, 2019
Seun
Hardmirror
Michellekabod2
Martinez39
Hopefullandlord
Hahn
Lordreed
IAmSabrina
CAPSLOCKED
Happypagan

Y'all thoughts on this thread and on Antinatalism?
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 24, 2019
raptex:
Seun
Hardmirror
Michellekabod2
Martinez39
Hopefullandlord
Hahn
Lordreed
IAmSabrina
CAPSLOCKED
Happypagan

Bear children you can cater for not just financially but emotionally,physically et al....before conception a steady income should be available. I personally will wait till i have an extra room, well furnished for the kid,TV in the room,cradle ,toys ,maids et al.
Also prepare myself emotionally,alot of people are filled with baggages and instead of seeking out help they choose to bring kids first. Should i battle with anger,i will attend anger management class before getting married talk more of kids.

How about time? If i have to get a flexible job that will allow me time for my baby i will. I may have to resign from a job that takes much of my time to a flexible job before conception.

Also the relationship with the intended father should be considered firstly. Is this who i see myself spending forever/long time with or just for the moment? Are things going on smoothly for us ? Or is there an impending split? As it will be best if both parents of a kid are together grooming a kid.

There are lots of stuffs to consider before childbearing.....

The Op analogy is false. They are great people on earth ,if they were not conceived or aborted they will have been deprived the chance of being great.
Perhaps that kid you are avoiding may be the solution to the world predicament(or cause). Its a risk worth it ...
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by LordReed(m): 10:36am On Dec 24, 2019
raptex:

I think antinatalism is a mistaken position. It proposes the effective end of the species. We should be focused on solving the problems we encounter instead of proposing species suicide.
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Westernlove: 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
Antinatalist:
Good day everyone. I have been an active visitor on this forum for a long time now, I decided to open an account because I have something important I wish to share to everyone. Please take your time and read. Thanks. .

I want to use this opportunity to beg parents to have some sympathy for their children and stop giving birth to them. There's too much suffering in this world, from children dying from starvation, people dying from diseases and getting beaten and raped, accidents, etc. In fact, the quality of human life in general is very low. .

If you love your children as you claim, you'll not want them to suffer. You can marry your partner and still be happy without children.

It's okay if you already have children, but it's not too late to stop producing now and save your future offsprings from coming into this world to suffer and then just die for nothing.

For now that's all I have to say.

You are a realist and a very emotional human being. Only people who thinks consciously most of the time would understand your message. I wish to have a Offspring. Just "One" You heard me right, I mean Just One, Whether Male/female, It doesn't matter. I just pray he/she gives me peace of mind and grow to be a loving child. But I'm still not certain yet about having a family In this Wicked World.

4 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by fredwill1357(m): 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
Antinatalist:

They are. Please take time to read the comments here. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Gnosis777: 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
This is my first time posting on this forum, as I am normally a lurker. However, I was both shocked and deeply pleased to see someone who shares my sentiment concerning the act of bringing another human into existence. I am very aware that most humans are hard wired to believe that childbirth is a "blessing" and always the "right" answer, regardless of the circumstances that the child will be born into.

And to be honest, it's not even most people's fault, because the grand illusion is so heavily steeped into our existence on this planet. Most cultures condition women from a very early age to desire marriage and family life, but "NEVER" place an emphasis on important considerations, such as the "needs" of the child that has not been born, or the many possibilities of evil that can befall a human being on this planet.

I see it all the time, whereas a woman will be steeped in negative circumstances, and it is extremely against her and the unborn child's best interest to be born, yet people will berate, guilt and encourage the woman to bring the poor soul into existence anyway, with NO consideration as to the fate of the unborn child. In my humble opinion, that is the height of evil, yet they will excoriate those who are pro-choice. Again, it is my opinion, that if a person only cares about the child simply being born, but care nothing about the actual "quality" of the child's life, that's an evil act if you ask me.

And finally, one only has to search the topics on this forum, especially in the "Crime" section and see many children being killed for money rituals, as well as adults, and all other sorts of evil partaking in not just Nigeria, but all over this world. And yet in still, many will still bash and berate antinatalists who actually have a heart, as we are concerned about the soul of the human being, and "quality" of life, rather than just the person simply being born into a world that is heavily blanketed in evil. Again, in my opinion, the antinatalists actually exude the true spirit of righteousness as it shows that they have mercy and compassion on the unborn souls and understand this world on a macro level, which is something that most people lack. So, to other fellow antinatalists out there, do not be dismayed or discouraged by the blindness of others, but rather remain steadfast in spreading the message of antinatalism and educating as many people as possible on the realities of this wicked world, in hopes that at least (1) person will begin to see things differently. To the OP, thanks for making this thread and it is my sincere hope that you will spark a change of heart in someone reading this message.

(Edited to Add) One last thing, just to be clear, I am 100% antinatalist, and I do not support the birth of children, even by so-called wealthy families. Just didn't want my post to be misconstrued that I somehow support childbirth by families who are financially secure. Again, antinatalists understand the world on a macro-level, so we understand that childbirth in itself is a very unrighteous act, and no one should partake in it in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Klass99(f): 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by fredwill1357(m): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
Klass99:

You may not like or understand other people's need for children, but respect their right and power of choice, to have them. Even the Creator who gave us free will, respects our power of choice, without imposing or infringing on it. Who are we mere mortals to do otherwise?

Child birth is not an unrighteous act in my opinion and people should have children if they want them, but I think they should do so responsibly and have a reasonable number of children they can take care of, without losing themselves and their souls in the process.
Procreation is selfish, inconsiderate and illogical. We are selfish beings and people will always procreate for different selfish reasons, if not for anything, it gives their lives more meaning.

You talked about God giving us the freewill, he also gave us the freewill to torture and kill. Will you respect my decision to torture and kill you and your family?
We are only to respect people's decisions when it is something that is entirely their business, you cannot be harming others and say respect my decisions.

All in all we are selfish beings, and people will always procreate, however people who chose to procreate should stop pretending that they are doing a selfless or noble thing.

2 Likes

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Klass99(f): 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Baueress: 5:45pm On Nov 23, 2021
I remember when I used to be an antinatalist. Na just frustration cos am.

1 Like

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by mikeywise(m): 3:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
Baueress:
I remember when I used to be an antinatalist. Na just frustration cos am.
grin grin grin
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Gemma66(f): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Templee333(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
Antinatalist:
Good day everyone. I have been an active visitor on this forum for a long time now, I decided to open an account because I have something important I wish to share to everyone. Please take your time and read. Thanks. .

I want to use this opportunity to beg parents to have some sympathy for their children and stop giving birth to them. There's too much suffering in this world, from children dying from starvation, people dying from diseases and getting beaten and raped, accidents, etc. In fact, the quality of human life in general is very low. .

If you love your children as you claim, you'll not want them to suffer. You can marry your partner and still be happy without children.

It's okay if you already have children, but it's not too late to stop producing now and save your future offsprings from coming into this world to suffer and then just die for nothing.

wonderful! I'm not alone!
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by maureensylvia(f): 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
ogawisdom:

Not everyone is poor u Know, only Davido can take care of 50 children n give them the best in life.

Only dangote can take care of a community grin ie 5000 children

The issue of children is individual specific.

cool cool cool smiley
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by maureensylvia(f): 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
Antinatalist:

No. You're wrong Sir.
Just because you're rich doesn't give you the Right to bring any child into this world. Here's why . .

Your money cannot save that child from disabilities and other medical diseases they may be born with. .
Your money cannot save that child from accidents that might render down motionless for the rest of their lives. .
There's no guarantee that your financial situation won't change in the far future. Therefore making your child suffer.
Your money cannot save that child from anxieties and other mental health issues due to having to run a business to sustain income. .

The reasons not to have children are endless. It is better not to bring them at all than to bring them to suffer for nothing.

So everyone in this world is suffering from the above listed?
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by maureensylvia(f): 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2022
ogawisdom:

Hmmm I am not sure u are sane angry I give up on ur mentality

grin grin grin
Your mouth o lol
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Templee333(m): 7:49pm On Aug 12, 2022
ogawisdom:

Not everyone is poor u Know, only Davido can take care of 50 children n give them the best in life.

Only dangote can take care of a community grin ie 5000 children

The issue of children is individual specific.
and who stop them from doing it?
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Templee333(m): 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2022
maureensylvia:

So everyone in this world is suffering from the above listed?
not everyone. But few people understand his point.

1 Like

Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Donpenny(m): 11:19pm On Aug 12, 2022
Pessimism is the root course of antinatalism.
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by alphaNomega: 4:57am On Aug 13, 2022
Antinatalist:

Castrate yourself.

Kill your children

Come back here with evidence and we will take you serious
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Vesilli: 8:50am On Aug 13, 2022
Wow! So people share the same thought as me.
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Templee333(m): 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
LordReed:

I think antinatalism is a mistaken position. It proposes the effective end of the species. We should be focused on solving the problems we encounter instead of proposing species suicide.
but what's wrong with other planets where there are no humans?
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by Templee333(m): 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2022
Klass99:

I feel you on the three paragraphs I quoted in bold.

But, on the last one I am not feeling you at all and I strongly disagree on the basis that - we need to respect other people's choices and not project our views or personal beliefs, as being more valid or as the right path for everyone.

You may not like or understand other people's need for children, but respect their right and power of choice, to have them. Even the Creator who gave us free will, respects our power of choice, without imposing or infringing on it. Who are we mere mortals to do otherwise?

Child birth is not an unrighteous act in my opinion and people should have children if they want them, but I think they should do so responsibly and have a reasonable number of children they can take care of, without losing themselves and their souls in the process.
in that case we should respect the choice of the unborn by seeking their consent b4 birthing them
Re: Please Have Mercy On Your Children by LordReed(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2022
Templee333:

but what's wrong with other planets where there are no humans?

Nothing, except if you like living then you require a habtable environment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foolish Wives/women / I Hate Her And Even The Kids / Living With A Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.