Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors (20644 Views)

How Can I Prevent My Lexus Side Mirrors From Being Stolen- Happened Twice Alread / How Can One Know If A Car Has Been Fitted With A Tracker / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by obafemee80(m): 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2019

U.S National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has revealed its plans to start testing how drivers could use camera-based digital side-view monitors that is already replacing the traditional side mirrors in automobiles.

The cameras in the digital side-view monitors, which are designed to improve visibility and safety in all weather conditions, transmit the outside images onto display monitors inside the car. The monitors also reduces wind noise and it’s unaffected by rain.

The technology, which has been approved and currently in use in cars sold in Europe and Japan, still remains to be seen in United States.

In 2014, the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers—which includes representatives from Daimler AG, Volkswagen, BMW, FCA, Ford, Honda, GM, Nissan, Toyota, Tesla and others — solicited the NHTSA to use camera-based rear or side-vision systems on its cars. Uptill now, the petitions are still pending.

Toyota and Volkswagen last year began selling 2019 Lexus ES and Audi E-Tron electric SUV that were fitted with camera side mirrors in Japan and Europe respectively. The two automakers can only sell the same car versions with traditional side mirrors in the United States because the tech is currently not allowed there.

Honda will also have the camera-based technology standard on its Honda e when the all-electric car goes on sale in later this year or early next year.

Are You Yearning To Drive A Car Fitted With This Futuristic Digital Side-view Mirrors ?

https://autojosh.com/u-s-to-start-testing-cars-fitted-with-digital-camera-side-mirrors/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by tillaman(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
This is a mind blowing innovation!!
Really nice!
I believe if FG can strike a fair deal with IVM we can come up with better innovations and upgrades
The innoson man has tried but he can’t do it alone except if he wants all those cars to rust in his warehouse, cause an average Nigerian can’t afford his brand and I nor blame the man he has to make profit too!
The Man has a future in the Automobile industry I see it coming either e clone design or not the Chinese also cloned Gwagon and Range Rover!!

Nice one OP

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by dmltoyin(m): 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
Mind blowing innovation

But if danfo brush this one for Lagos traffic, the rest na Oga sorry, I just come out, na my first trip be this, I take God beg you
cheesy

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by PureGoldh(m): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nice one...Oyibo just dey improve on a daily.

But my country Nigeria is about to clock 59 years on 1st October,2019 yet we have less or nothing to show off it.

Just so sad

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by jaeyking(m): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
nice innovation but the camera size should be reduced greatly

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Growingboi(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
The world is thinking of how to make life easy and enjoyable technologically for their citizens but Buhari and Osibanjo are thinking of Ruga and how to make life unbearable for Nigerians so the they can always by our conscience with tradermoni

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by NikkiFeFe: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by WeRblessed(f): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
Let us continue to wait for Ruga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by OTayobami(m): 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
And we are still trying to fix our kata kutu train tracks here in naija

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by madenigga(m): 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
dmltoyin:
Mind blowing innovation

But if danfo brush this one for Lagos traffic, the rest na Oga sorry, I just come out, na my first trip be this, I take God beg you
cheesy
the danfo go pay,

cause i know say if the reverse is the case the danfo no go pity me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by presleYzzi(m): 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
I'm still wondering how the white man is 10 centuries ahead of us shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by StrikeBack(m): 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
Please let's revert back to our 1932 calendar here in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
Technology is bae.

We will get there someday in our darling country : NIGERIA!

At least we will start by first producing tires and fan belts!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Sprumbaba: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
Long overdue. Add this to tech innovation to the lists of innovations that are useless in Nigeria.

1. Digital Camera Side View mirror
2. Electric Car
3. 5G Network ( give it 10 years)

Add yours.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by madenigga(m): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
presleYzzi:
I'm still wondering how the white man is 10 centuries ahead of us shocked

there's no difference between them and us, just that they have access to money and fund and we don't.

I am a Nigerian from Imo and

I have an idea that i think would really help imo state greatly. Especially its economy.

I am of the notion that Okorochas Eastern palm university should not be used as a campus of IMSU.
Let the status quo remain or they shift it to Mbano zone as Rochas planned.

Instead let the Eastern palm University be used as a transport university, it would be the first in the south since the only available one is at Katsina.

This would naturally attract investment and improve the economy, cause i sense Nigeria is about to withness a boom in that sector.

WHATS YOUR TAKE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by green030: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
i pray it works in naija,na only police or roadsafety to hit am wit stick

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by godwinkessi: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Imo I prefer the traditional side mirror

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Lexusgs430: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
Imagine an okada rider, brushing your mirror off..... We die dere...... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by oluwasegun007(m): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
This is brilliant...

When the system is organised innovation thrive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by isahsalee: 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
PureGoldh:
Nice one...Oyibo just dey improve on a daily.

But my country Nigeria us about to clock 59 years on 1st October,2019 yet we have less or nothing to show off it.

Just so sad

Because you are not innovative, how can you contribute from your empty brain?.

Your excuse now will be, government didn't empower you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by PureGoldh(m): 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
isahsalee:

Because you are not innovative, how can contribute?.

Your excuse now will be, government didn't empower you.

funny enOugh brother.... I beg your pardon... I am innovative..... It's just that I don't have the resources at hand to push my ideas to the Zenith level.

But God's willing, I will surely have the resources real soon

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Eteka1(m): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
That thing will malfunction fast here in Naija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by MediaGuru36: 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
In my country, Nigeria, we are developing RUGA and Trader Moni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by MadamExcellency: 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
madenigga:

there's no difference between them and us, just that they have access to money and fund and we don't.

I am a Nigerian from Imo and

I have an idea that i think would really help imo state greatly. Especially its economy.

I am of the notion that Okorochas Eastern palm university should not be used as a campus of IMSU.
Let the status quo remain or they shift it to Mbano zone as Rochas planned.

Instead let the Eastern palm University be used as a transport university, it would be the first in the south since the only available one is at Katsina.

This would naturally attract investment and improve the economy, cause i sense Nigeria is about to withness a boom in that sector.

WHATS YOUR TAKE

In summary, you don't know that you know nothing.

Their knowledge is not solo rather a combination of teamwork and continuity.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by chidiogo123(f): 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
Great innovation.

Check signature for USA used laptops at affordable prices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by StupidNLmods: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nigeria is still testing ruga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by firfinch(m): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2019
The day you take it to mechanics in Nigeria is the end, they will disconnect some plugs and say it's not needed grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by CarGuideNG: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by clockwisereport: 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
NikkiFeFe:
Waist of money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0CeMHeoejw

No be only waist.Na neck

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? / 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like / 9 Places Car VIN (vehicle Identification Number) Is Located (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.