Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors (20653 Views)

How Can I Prevent My Lexus Side Mirrors From Being Stolen- Happened Twice Alread / How Can One Know If A Car Has Been Fitted With A Tracker / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Sergioaguero: 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
green030:
i pray it works in naija,na only police or roadsafety to hit am wit stick

If dem theif am or spoil am, na monwy to put another one.
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Goahead(m): 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
I hope it's designed to be retractable cos night vision cameras are very expressive.
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Commentor: 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
Growingboi:
[s]The world is thinking of how to make life easy and enjoyable technologically for their citizens why Buhari and Osibanjo is thinking of Ruga and how they can make life unbearable for Nigerians so the they can always by our conscience with tradermoni[/s]

Shut up.

What can you make ?

The mistakes the older generation made is what you have decided to make as well.
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Reeses: 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
madenigga:

there's no difference between them and us, just that they have access to money and fund and we don't.

I am a Nigerian from Imo and

I have an idea that i think would really help imo state greatly. Especially its economy.

I am of the notion that Okorochas Eastern palm university should not be used as a campus of IMSU.
Let the status quo remain or they shift it to Mbano zone as Rochas planned.

Instead let the Eastern palm University be used as a transport university, it would be the first in the south since the only available one is at Katsina.

This would naturally attract investment and improve the economy, cause i sense Nigeria is about to withness a boom in that sector.

WHATS YOUR TAKE

Lol
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by stanley000: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
Wow, nice and exemplary innovation. Do y'all even know what this means, there will be no more protruding side mirrors and with almost hawk vision, this has to be one of the most significant innovation of the 21st century.
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Commentor: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
PureGoldh:

[s]funny enOugh brother.... I beg your pardon... I am innovative..... It's just that I don't have the resources at hand to push my ideas to the Zenith level.

But God's willing, I will surely have the resources real soon[/s]

Resourceful people always find a way.

Failures always complain.
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Legendguru: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
hmmm
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Commentor: 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
StupidNLmods:
Nigeria is still testing ruga

First to comment generation.

Ask what you can do to meet local and international demands in any endeavour and see you and your community grow.

1 Like

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by lomprico(m): 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
NikkiFeFe:
Waist of money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0CeMHeoejw

poverty way of reasoning.
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by computerglobal(m): 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
cool cool cool
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by SoNature(m): 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2019
Technology will be the next natural resource of the world!

Nigeria, get ready!
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2019
sad
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by StupidNLmods: 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

First to comment generation.

Ask what you can do to meet local and international demands in any endeavour and see you and your community grow.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by presleYzzi(m): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
madenigga:

there's no difference between them and us, just that they have access to money and fund and we don't.

I am a Nigerian from Imo and

I have an idea that i think would really help imo state greatly. Especially its economy.

I am of the notion that Okorochas Eastern palm university should not be used as a campus of IMSU.
Let the status quo remain or they shift it to Mbano zone as Rochas planned.

Instead let the Eastern palm University be used as a transport university, it would be the first in the south since the only available one is at Katsina.

This would naturally attract investment and improve the economy, cause i sense Nigeria is about to withness a boom in that sector.

WHATS YOUR TAKE

Bro did you just say they have access to money and we don't? We don't have access to money, yet a while ago, whistle blowing was the order of the day? Piles of different currencies were recovered from water tanks in homes, caravans and stores, some of them had to be burnt because they were deteriorating?

Just read about how much efcc have recovered from Deziani alone!

I beg to differ bro!
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by madenigga(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
presleYzzi:

Bro did you just say they have access to money and we don't? We don't have access to money, yet a while ago, whistle blowing was the order of the day? Piles of different currencies were recovered from water tanks in homes, caravans and stores, some of them had to be burnt because they were deteriorating?

Just read about how much efcc have recovered from Deziani alone!

I beg to differ bro!
i dont mean government i means us individually how much do we have access to funds

if u have a business in your mind how do u raise d
funds to execute it
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by incentive: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
What a digital world!
Good innovation
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by presleYzzi(m): 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2019
madenigga:

i dont mean government i means us individually how much do we have access to funds

if u have a business in your mind how do u raise d
funds to execute it

We're on the same page bro, white men didn't come this far by being individualistic. If they didn't have a working government, they wouldn't be where they are today. In the western world, when a private firm grows so big that it has an impact on the economy, if there's a liquidation scare, what does the government do? They move in to save/take over affairs. But here in Nigeria, we don't even have the enabling environment like you said to even start up businesses. In the white man's land, loans are accessible to start up whatever you have in mind, as far as you're trackable, through employment, data bases, etc, this is the great idea behind credit cards. Would you say the same here? No

Our politicians are obviously enriching themselves, take for example, I travelled to FCT in June, haven't been since 2002, I was dumbfounded by the roads there, they may not be world standard, but the worst roads there is better than the best roads here in Edo and so many other states are like Edo, how would a government know the plight of the people when our leaders don't drive through the bad roads available to the masses? Or the poor electricity supply available to the common citizens?
To mention just a few

Truth is, our government has failed and is still failing!
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
obafemee80:

U.S National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has revealed its plans to start testing how drivers could use camera-based digital side-view monitors that is already replacing the traditional side mirrors in automobiles.

The cameras in the digital side-view monitors, which are designed to improve visibility and safety in all weather conditions, transmit the outside images onto display monitors inside the car. The monitors also reduces wind noise and it’s unaffected by rain.

The technology, which has been approved and currently in use in cars sold in Europe and Japan, still remains to be seen in United States.

In 2014, the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers—which includes representatives from Daimler AG, Volkswagen, BMW, FCA, Ford, Honda, GM, Nissan, Toyota, Tesla and others — solicited the NHTSA to use camera-based rear or side-vision systems on its cars. Uptill now, the petitions are still pending.

Toyota and Volkswagen last year began selling 2019 Lexus ES and Audi E-Tron electric SUV that were fitted with camera side mirrors in Japan and Europe respectively. The two automakers can only sell the same car versions with traditional side mirrors in the United States because the tech is currently not allowed there.

Honda will also have the camera-based technology standard on its Honda e when the all-electric car goes on sale in later this year or early next year.

Are You Yearning To Drive A Car Fitted With This Futuristic Digital Side-view Mirrors ?

https://autojosh.com/u-s-to-start-testing-cars-fitted-with-digital-camera-side-mirrors/

Let em bring to Nigeria, na danfo go crush am.

1 Like

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by omobaba1759: 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
If LADIPO BOYS CATCH THIS ONE
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by maasoap(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
So, USA dey carry last too?
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2019
tillaman:
This is a mind blowing innovation!!
Really nice!
I believe if FG can strike a fair deal with IVM we can come up with better innovations and upgrades
The innoson man has tried but he can’t do it alone except if he wants all those cars to rust in his warehouse, cause an average Nigerian can’t afford his brand and I nor blame the man he has to make profit too!
The Man has a future in the Automobile industry I see it coming either e clone design or not the Chinese also cloned Gwagon and Range Rover!!

Nice one OP
lol @ ivm &FG
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by samdigo90: 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nigeria will soon start manufacturing pencil. we are catching up slowly but surely
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by TheAlchemist: 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
dmltoyin:
Mind blowing innovation

But if danfo brush this one for Lagos traffic, the rest na Oga sorry, I just come out, na my first trip be this, I take God beg you
cheesy

No story bro... over to LASTMA VAR panel!
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by gosmoney(m): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2019
firfinch:
The day you take it to mechanics in Nigeria is the end, they will disconnect some plugs and say it's not needed grin
has if they are the manufacturer that mistakenly put the plugs grin

1 Like

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by tillaman(m): 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
lol @ ivm &FG
but look at the bright side if FG supports innoson, his brands will be known in Africa and other continents! If FG is involved they will boost his brand’s market it’s just for them to reach a consensus! A fair deal will do the magic
The man is really trying

1 Like

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by firfinch(m): 10:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
gosmoney:
has if they are the manufacturer that mistakenly put the plugs grin
Don't mind them. Anytime I go to mechanic workshop, I stay with them and ask questions, especially when the remove something, I tell them to put it back, "sotey dem take style tell me say everything be like say you go go sit down for under shade, when your car ready we go call you" grin grin
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Obagreatdatoye(m): 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
China already spying to see if they can produce a replica

1 Like

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by mamajj17(f): 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
presleYzzi:
I'm still wondering how the white man is 10 centuries ahead of us shocked

Simply lack of Love my dear

1 Like

Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by Fidelismaria: 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
Cool

But can't it be hacked ?

Let say I want to kill someone all I have to do is hack this digital sideview camera and show them they are perfectly fine meanwhile there's a trailer bout to crush them to death
Re: U.S To Start Testing Cars Fitted With Digital Camera Side Mirrors by computerglobal(m): 1:05am On Aug 30, 2019
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like / Fire Razes Car In Front Of Army Headquarters Abuja / 9 Places Car VIN (vehicle Identification Number) Is Located (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.