Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

"Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness (39799 Views)

Ize-Iyamu: I Was A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity But Didnt Pour Acid On Anyone / Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / Ken Saro Wiwa's Curse On Nigeria 24 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by madenigga(m): 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2019
awgumayor:
Of all the soldiers at that time, the only name the writer could remember was col. Obi. These people can never get tired of pitching the igbos against their neighbors. Thank God Igbos don't care.
lol... fvck them, the story doesn't add up, because videos of ken saro wiwas killing says other wise, someone just wants to promote a false propaganda
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by madenigga(m): 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Olukat:

If you know the atrocities Maj. Obi committed in Ogoni land you will understand it was beyond taking orders from his boss.
For his (Obi) deadly military operations in Ogoni a camp was opened in Benin Republic for fleeing Ogonis. Over a thousand of
them were granted political asylum in the United States from that camp.
It was a case of Nigerian state killing her citizens, it's even more painful that such inhuman operations was headed by a southerne/Igbo man.
who gives a fvck, at least after the ogoni incident they were heavily compensated by shell, what about Igbos who Saro wiwa with the Nigeria army fought against, then after the war he went ahead to declare out properties abandoned and claimed all of them.

1 Like

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by madenigga(m): 10:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
WilyWily:

The main Soldier that killed many Ogonis at that time was a Yoruba man called, Col Paul Okuntimo
they want to change history, but Ogonis who were alive that time know the truth

1 Like

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by chiedozie198100: 1:16am On Aug 31, 2019
olisaEze:

Oga think before u speak! Which war was Abacha fighting that Ken Saro-Wiwa had to hang? He was an author & environmental activist who spoke against the environmental degradation perpetrated in ogoni land by the oil companies in collusion with a govt that was insensitive to the plight of farmers & fishermen of Ogoni land.

u clearly need to do research on who ken saro wiwa was.

he was a very bad man.

he incited the youths to kill some people opposing his authority in ogoni land.

he did his own part in impoverishing igbos.

seized ojukwu's father's property in port harcourt.

n guess who he shared it with, abacha when he was a lieutenant in bori camp port harcourt.

his hate for the Igbos was legendary. himself n elechi amadi(ironically an igbo man who he with his people denounced his igboness).

3 Likes

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by MrSly(m): 11:51am On Aug 31, 2019
Bluezy13:

My bad.
I knew you needed a pawn to massage your eroded ego. Clowns everywhere.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by MrSly(m): 11:55am On Aug 31, 2019
olisaEze:

Oga think before u speak! Which war was Abacha fighting that Ken Saro-Wiwa had to hang? He was an author & environmental activist who spoke against the environmental degradation perpetrated in ogoni land by the oil companies in collusion with a govt that was insensitive to the plight of farmers & fishermen of Ogoni land.
Do you mind the juvenile that was still existing God's mind during Abacha regime? He obviously is ignorant.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by ChristianEast: 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2019
tyup:

shut up fool if he was actually acting on command must he kill him in such a barbaric way

did he even kill him in a reasonable manner? No after that he poured acid on him and your here tell me rubbish about C in C and out of C

Igbos are nonsense sect of people quote me anywhere
You are a northern, so sense is a haram.

I am glad Saro Wiwa died in the hand of an Igbo man. He was part of the snitch together with Adaka Boro that sabotaged PH defences.

2 Likes

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by ChristianEast: 12:37pm On Aug 31, 2019
Olukat:

Maj. Obi retired a General in the Army.
He's the elder brother to Gov. Umaiah of Ebonyi state.
He's an enemy of the Niger Delta!
Saro Wiwa fought against Biafra on the side of the federal troop and worked with Clark to declare Igbo properties in PH as abandoned property.

Major Obi is a hero.

1 Like

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Bluezy13(m): 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2019
MrSly:

I knew you needed a pawn to massage your eroded ego. Clowns everywhere.

Personal Text:
"Happiness always, anywhere"

But Happiness is far from you.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Eastlink(m): 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2019
APCHaram:
IKENNA NWEKE & PAUL ACHALLA
KARMA IS FAIR AND JUST!!
COPIED
The biggest crime committed against the Ogoni people was the killing of Ken Saro Wiwa and his eight colleagues. Their crime was that they mobilized their people against the exploitation of their land. The tribunal was headed by Justice Ibrahim Auta. Other members of the tribunal were Justice Etowa Eyo Arikpo, Lt Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (the incumbent Comptroller General of Customs), while the government prosecutor was Mr Joseph Bodurin Daudu SAN.
The Provisional Ruling Council (PRC), the highest decision-making body of the Abacha regime that took the decision to kill Saro Wiwa comprised General Abacha, Maj. General Patrick Aziza (Minister of Communications under Abacha); Major Gen. Tajudeen Olarenwaju (GOC); General Abdulsalami Abubakar (Chief of Defence Staff); Lt. General Oladipo Diya (Chief of General Staff); Maj. Gen. Victor Malu (GOC); Ibrahim Coomasie (Inspector General of Police); Mike Akhigbe (Chief of Naval Staff); Maj. General Ishaya Bamaiyi (Chief of Army Staff); Nsikak Eduok (Chief of Air Staff), and Lt. Gen. Jeremiah Useni (Minister of the Federal Capital Territory). There was no Igbo man.
It was Chief Emeka Anyaoku, an Igbo man, who as the secretary-general of the commonwealth of nations, that led a protest that made the Commonwealth of Nations to rise to the occasion, and warned Abacha not to carry out his wicked act. Although he later did, the Commonwealth under Anyaoku sanctioned Nigeria.
Today, ask an Ogoni man to show you his enemy, he will point at an Igbo man.
May the spirit of Saro Wiwa, and his eight colleagues hunt you for your foolishness.. An eye opener..

Kenule Saro Wiwa was the champion of that foolishness. A man educated at the famous Government College Umuahia ( Fishers) and University of Nigeria,vNsukka. He led the federal forces against the Biafrans and for his betrayal was made Administrator of South east state. He asked that Igbo properties be declared abandoned properties and be forfeited to them. He personally took over Ojukwu father's property in Port Harcourt which he occupied at a time with a certain Lt. Sani Abacha his friend and killer. To rub in the humiliation of Igbos whom he hated so much, he wrote " Toad for Supper" which was a mockery of how they made Igbos suffer so much during the war that they fed on toads and lizards. He encouraged the Ikkwerres to deny their Igboness and assisted Elechi Amadi to invent the corruption of Igbo names by adding "r" and "y" to form jargons like Rumuokoro and Oyibo instead of Umuokoro and Obigbo. This they said is Ikkwerre a distinct language and tribe.
It is important to note that Ken Sarowiwa was not killed by his co travelers for agitating for environmental rights. Environmental rights was one of his pastimes which he used to extort money and exert influence on government and oil companies. He was killed for the murder of five Ogoni chiefs( Chief Fugbara, Kogbara Kobani et al) . These were men who were opposed to his immoral and outlandish lifestyle and actually wanted a more responsible engagement with government and oil companies. He labelled them vultures.
Masterminded and led a mob attack on these men and killed the five of them in a single day. It was a murder trial and environmental issues was not on the charge sheet. He was found guilty, convicted and hanged. His friend and collaborator in arms, now Gen Sani Abacha was the Head of state. It was not in vain that Ojukwu, (may his soul find peace), made effort to see him at Port Harcourt prison before his execution. Of course all effort to save him by the emasculated Igbos had failed. Emeka Anyaoku did his best. God bless him. Ojukwu visited him and greeted him " Good morning" in broad day light. The Igbo spirit is a forgiving one, the day the Yoruba, Efik, Ibibio, Rivers, Ijaw people will come to terms with the Igbo, that will be when Nigeria will have everlasting peace
This is why I laugh at IPOB foolery and Nnamdi Kanu trying to lump us with some of these tribes.
The Igbo nation must never allow charlatan and self righteous crooks drive us to our end. It's either you stay in Nigeria and fight only for the interest of the Igbo nation or forget about Biafra. Any Biafra idea is bound to fail except the country called Nigeria desolves on his own.
For the Ogoni's I know them very well,I have lived with them and can tell you how they blame Ndigbo for their misfortune, forgetting how they dinned with the Hausa/Fulani's. Come to P/H and you will see how General Gowon is idolized. Go to Bayelsa and General Abacha is a hero over there. And I ask were these the only states created by the military? I hardly see other states be this foolish, not even the northern States like Kogi and Benue only my Rivers state still has a Yakubu Gowon stadium (formely Liberation stadium) a reminder of the oil politics of the civil war, which transfered leadership from the East to the demonic North.
Igbo nation needs a new group to unite all Igbo tribes including us in the SS by finding a common ground to forge Igbo interest. IPOB are a disaster and are too myopic to carryout this task. Biafra of Kanu is doomed to fail and no true Igbo sons or daughters should join him in such mission. Allow IPOB die a natural death and support any group out to fight for our people in this country.
During the last national conference, I was so proud of my people in the SE. I could remember them suggesting at least 2 states in the SS such as Orashi state for us in Rivers and Anioma for those in Delta. I never believed that the Igbo representative could put us in their plans too. This is a pointer that our elders despite their defects know the politics in this country. No one should join any foolish group in harrasing them. If you must criticise them then let it be constructive and not joining any idiot beat them up. Other parts of the country are not doing better than the SE yet their own people keep mute to leadership failure in their zones. Was Sowore not from the SW, didn't they team up against him? Who the hell is Kanu to think he can get the sympathy of other Nigerians towards his cause. Has he even done half of what the likes of Ekweremadu has achieved in Igboland? Yet the albino is championing beating of our leaders. Thunder locate him there in UK.
However, for the Ogoni's they should keep blaming us for their treachery. No one should excuse the Ogoni 9 from what they did. Ken Saro Wiwa had a hand in the disgraceful death of the Ogoni Chiefs and was found guilty by the military tribunal. What stop Ken from carrying his protest to Abuja to meet Abacha and Shell. Why kill his own leaders in such despicable manner. Saro Wiwa was a despicable human with the manner those Chief's were killed and he paid dearly for it.
Yoruba's shouldn't come here to form self righteousness because the soldiers who carried out the militarization of Ogoni land cuts across all tribes. Even championed by Abacha and Diya.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Presidiotbuhari: 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2019
Eastlink:
This is why I laugh at IPOB foolery and Nnamdi Kanu trying to lump us with some of these tribes.
The Igbo nation must never allow charlatan and self righteous crooks drive us to our end. It's either you stay in Nigeria and fight only for the interest of the Igbo nation or forget about Biafra. Any Biafra idea is bound to fail except the country called Nigeria desolves on his own.
For the Ogoni's I know them very well,I have lived with them and can tell you how they blame Ndigbo for their misfortune, forgetting how they dinned with the Hausa/Fulani's. Come to P/H and you will see how General Gowon is idolized. Go to Bayelsa and General Abacha is a hero over there. And I ask were these the only states created by the military? I hardly see other states be this foolish, not even the northern States like Kogi and Benue only my Rivers state still has a Yakubu Gowon stadium (formely Liberation stadium) which transfered leadership from the East to the north.
Igbo nation needs a new group to unite all Igbo tribes including us in the SS by finding a common ground to forge Igbo interest. IPOB are a disaster and are too myopic to carryout this task. Biafra of Kanu is doomed to fail and no true Igbo sons or daughters should join him in such mission. Allow IPOB die a natural death and support any group out to fight for our people in this country.
During the last national conference, I was so proud of my people in the SE. I could remember them suggesting at least 2 states in the SS such as Orashi state for us in Rivers and Anioma for those in Delta. I never believed that the Igbo representative could put us in their plans too. This is a pointer that our elders despite their defects know the politics in this country. No one should join any foolish group in harrasing them. If you must criticise them then let it be constructive and not joining any idiot beat them up. Other parts of the country are not doing better than the SE yet the ses people keep mute to leadership failure in their zones. Who the hell is Kanu to think he can get the sympathy of other Nigerians towards his cause. Has he even even done half of what the likes of Ekweremadu has achieved in Igboland?
However, for the Ogoni's they should keep blaming us for their treachery. No one should excuse the Ogoni 9 from what they did. Ken Saro Wiwa had a hand in the disgraceful death of the Ogoni Chiefs and was found guilty by the military tribunal. Saro Wiwa was a despicable human with the manner those Chief's were killed and he paid dearly for it.
Yoruba's shouldn't come here to form self righteousness because the soldiers who carried out the militarization of Ogoni land cuts across all tribes.

Ofeke, IPOB is for original igbos and not you aliens. Get off ur keyboard, form own group and fight for whatever ur ethnic group believed in.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Eastlink(m): 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:

Ofeke, IPOB is for original igbos and not you aliens. Get off ur keyboard, form own group and fight for whatever ur ethnic group believed in.
Egbe eli igwe gba gbuo gi nga. Anumanu! Keep following Kanu around like a child. Otele!

1 Like

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Presidiotbuhari: 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2019
Eastlink:
Egbe eli igwe gba gbuo gi nga. Anumanu! Keep following Kanu around like a child. Otele!

^^^^^^^
Hey, sod off, I don't waste my time with someone suffering from identity crises.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Eastlink(m): 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:

[s]^^^^^^^
Hey, sod off, I don't waste my time with someone suffering from identity crises.[/s]
I don't waste my time on illiterates. I'm a proud Igbo boy and I flaunt my Igboness. You are the one suffering from identity crisis because you don't know your origin. IPOB Jew.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Captainrambo2: 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
Presidiotbuhari:

ipob is for idiots and criminals in the contrary. no sensible person in your ranks.

useless ipob will cause another civil war for igbos.

and I pray python dance in you guys 2 more times so you will allow people rest
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Presidiotbuhari: 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
Captainrambo2:
ipob is for idiots and criminals in the contrary. no sensible person in your ranks.

useless ipob will cause another civil war for igbos.

and I pray python dance in you guys 2 more times so you will allow people rest
^^^
Yet another nonetity from inconsequential tribe,mastubating on IPOB. Your tears is my joy lol.

Well I understand ur agony & pain coming from a microscopic and a mushroom tribe like Esan who's voices can't be heard even in their own state.
Once again ur tears is my joy. grin
wink cheesy

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Olukat(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
ChristianEast:

Saro Wiwa fought against Biafra on the side of the federal troop and worked with Clark to declare Igbo properties in PH as abandoned property.

Major Obi is a hero.

So you expected to actually own those properties that were dubiously acquired and approved by Michael Opara in Enugu?
The next "abandoned property" laws will be activated very soon, just get ready!
Fight for your fraudulent landlocked Biafra...we are watching!
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by ChristianEast: 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2019
Olukat:

So you expected to actually own those properties that were dubiously acquired and approved by Michael Opara in Enugu?
The next "abandoned property" laws will be activated very soon, just get ready!
Fight for your fraudulent landlocked Biafra...we are watching!
If you are talking about Lagos, sorry. We would first pursue you guys back to Ife and return the land to the Aworis.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2019
Olukat:

You lack respect so you won't understand anything here. However, his name then was Maj. Obi Umaiah shocked
The Gov. Of Ebonyi state once stayed with him in Portharcourt around Oilmill area.
Please don't quote me again if insults is all you have.
I'm sorry. The mistake was in the name. They should have said Major Obi Umahi, and that's what confused me. You have to understand me, please. You can see that some of them have started to accuse Igbos unjustly because of that.

1 Like

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by MrSly(m): 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
Bluezy13:

Personal Text:
"Happiness always, anywhere"

But Happiness is far from you.
People know only what they have experienced. Though I couldn't relate to what tried to expressed, I am sure you spoke out of experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hameed Ibrahim Ali Flies Jet To Lagos (Photos) / President Buhari Commissions OLAM Feed Mill In Kaduna (Photos) / Atiku’s Picture Missing As Benue PDP Unveils Campaign Vehicles (photo)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.