Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

"Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness (39786 Views)

Ize-Iyamu: I Was A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity But Didnt Pour Acid On Anyone / Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / Ken Saro Wiwa's Curse On Nigeria 24 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by WilyWily: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2019
DelphiOracle:
I thought they gave Saro wiwa to his people to bury after they killed him
No,
The Government of Yoruba Oladipo Diya and Abacha in their hatred to humiliate Ogonis buried Ken in an undignified way inside a bush and poured Sulfuric acid on his body,

4 Likes

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by APCHaram: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin. Das all you have for response?

You have been printing pages long of tales, each over two hundred words long....now you are reduced to just five simple words!

Terrible!! grin

Why should I continue to engage you when you can not even have the decency to construct believable lies?

Why should I even bother correcting you when it is obvious you are just another unemployable riff-raff at BMC churning out autistic tier lies for zombie consumption?
Liar!

2 Likes

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by jumobi1(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2019
Mandeyy:
You lack sense! Are Umahi and Obi the same surname? Stop saying what you don't know. Major Obi is not Gov. Umahi's brother. Major General Umahi is Gov. Umahi's brother, not Major Obi. Niger Deltans are their own enemies. Saro Wiwa supported Nigeria against Biafra. In the end, he reaped what he sowed. Under Biafra, Ogoni people wouldn't have been marginalized. He chose to dine with the devil. Even today, the major opposition to Jonathan's administration came from Niger Deltans such as Keyamo, Sagay, Amaechi, etc. Leave Igbos alone!

Maj Obi is indeed Major Obi Umahi who is Gov. Umahi’s (Buhari’s SE friend) brother. The guy you’re responding to is correct. You can google it too. (In other news, Sen. Magnus Abe was also Maj Obi Umahi’s boy.) At the end of the day, Maj Obi Umahi as a soldier had to take orders from Abacha (PMBs pal). He didn’t have authority to pour acid on the body of such a high profile man without a superior’s order.

2 Likes

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by ZZ22: 11:10am On Aug 30, 2019
katlord:

Sharap there jor! Even Ojukwu that led 3 million biafrans dead had to compromise while in exile and accept state pardon. As if that was not enough he created APGA and contested for senate before his death. His wife was a Nigerian ambassador. He was given state burial by the Nigerian army. Why are u guys so daft that Ojukwu with all these actions did not believe in the Biafran dream before his death! Receive sense!
I wonder why you get agitated at the mention of Biafra. The Restoration of Biafra is at hand weather you want it or not. Umu Chineke ga enwelu onwe ha na oge na adighi anya.

4 Likes

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by oilPUSSY(f): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2019
katlord:

Sharap there jor! Even Ojukwu that led 3 million biafrans dead had to compromise while in exile and accept state pardon. As if that was not enough he created APGA and contested for senate before his death. His wife was a Nigerian ambassador. He was given state burial by the Nigerian army. Why are u guys so daft that Ojukwu with all these actions did not believe in the Biafran dream before his death! Receive sense!

Why not worry more about Abiola who couldn't finish what he started which resulted thousands of your kinsmen that were sent to their political Golgotha starting from @ dodan barrack.. ?

Of course Buhari who participated in sending your kinsmen to their early graves came back and mocked you with a worthless posthumous award..

Next year June he will reactivate your mumu button again..

Congrats

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by WilyWily: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Really? Even when the eye witness said Major Obi....we must still blame Yoruba.

Ok...we heard you. We will blame Yoruba. grin.

Major Obi is from Lagos, all Ibos in Lagos are Yorubas.
Those that invaded Ogoniland and killed many innocent Ogonis are all Yoruba/ Hausa Fulani soldiers, lead by a Yoruba man called Col Paul Ayo Okuntimo.
Major Obi never led any soldier to kill any Ogoni in Ogoniland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by tot(f): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2019
Iamgrey5:
One idiot is even shamelessly lying that col Paul Okuntimo is a Yoruba man. grin

The man is from Kogi state but seems to have a Yoruba name, that may be the cause of the confusion. Either way, he was clearly an evil human being.

http://saharareporters.com/2010/01/26/foreword-okuntimo%E2%80%99s-book-saro-wiwa%E2%80%99s-ogoni

"About 15 years ago, Major Paul Olusola Okuntimo, now a retired Brigadier General commanded the now defunct gestapo of a Rivers State Internal Security Task Force (RSISTF)."

https://kogireports.com/paul-okuntimo-5-star-embarrassment-for-a-retired-1-star-general-by-titi-balogun/

"Brigadier General Paul Olushola Okuntimo is the latest casualty in the Yahaya Bello’s government of public ridicule."
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by katlord(m): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2019
ZZ22:
I wonder why you get agitated at the mention of Biafra. The Restoration of Biafra is at hand weather you want it or not. Umu Chineke ga enwelu onwe ha na oge na adighi anya.

I'm never against Biafran course. If they get it, good luck to them. But unfortunately they can't cos the Nigerian state will repress them coupled with the fact that they don't have a united movement. Up to 5 different groups have broken away from massob and they all speak with dissenting voices. They are all jokers! Cos they can't win that way

Lest I forget, did you read a thread where major Philips son gave an interview and mentioned the kids in ojukwus family home didn't suffer a bit during d war?! They drank the best bournvita and milk and even had big toys while the rest Biafrans suffered. If you carefully go through history, you would notice that the war was unnecessary and Ojukwu was somewhat a selfish leader who barely listens to others. He had no formidable army, equipment and resources to prosecute the war yet he declared Biafran republic. Igbos are living in dream land cos KANU, uwazurike, asari and others are positioning themselves and making economic gains from this unorganized struggle

1 Like

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by smokeyupu(m): 11:32am On Aug 30, 2019
olisaEze:

Oga think before u speak! Which war was Abacha fighting that Ken Saro-Wiwa had to hang? He was an author & environmental activist who spoke against the environmental degradation perpetrated in ogoni land by the oil companies in collusion with a govt that was insensitive to the plight of farmers & fishermen of Ogoni land.

Unfortunately, they lost the struggle simply cos they were minorities. If they were Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba they would have survived......... Truth be told

2 Likes

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by CarlsJaz567(m): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin
Guy small small abeg!

Stop spinning tales here. Those executed during Buharis period of military rule were drug dealers and he had a different approach to it. Any drug dealer convicted would be taken to his family house and executed and left there. The intent behind that was that family will begin to police their own members against crime, particularly illicit drugs.

Actually some people like Lawrence Anini, Monday Osunbor etc were executed on the Bar Beach! The first set of drug pushers were executed outside the Kirikiri Maximun Prison.

The military Govt at the time also made sure that some armed robbers were killed in their home towns, close to their family compounds, so as to serve as deterrents.

1 Like

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by 11thGoldTREE: 11:38am On Aug 30, 2019
greggng:
Also I heard the govt side of the story....the gov't claimed saro wiwa and his member ordered the death of some chief or king ....they were murdered cos saro wiwa and his gang believe they are working for government. No life is better than the other...no one has right to take the law into his hands....everyone in a community has right to his or her opinion ...government will not fold their arms and watch a few individual through their incitement cause death of others. Unfortunately they were not given fair hearing
I believe human judgment is flawed. From the government point of view: once you kill a man, you shall be kikilled. But Saro wiwa claimed that they were being setup by the government to protect shell who was damaging the environment... Only God knows best... At the end of it all, where is Abacha today? Isn't he dead too? That's just lofe
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by katlord(m): 11:38am On Aug 30, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Why not worry more about Abiola who couldn't finish what he started which resulted thousands of your kinsmen that were sent to their political Golgotha starting from @ dodan barrack.. ?

Of course Buhari who participated in sending your kinsmen to their early graves came back and mocked you with a worthless posthumous award..

Next year June he will reactivate your mumu button again..

Congrats

Stop that jare, I only took you through history lane. No hard feelings cool
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by MOVIC6: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2019
1shortblackboy:
guy I really didn't get your point

Au thinking from ur anus
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Kdon2: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2019
Bluezy13:

I feared you wouldn't.
A product of an ignorant new genetation.
Explains the myopic, incongruous and abysmal remark you opined up there.

D

Very sick case!
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by olisaEze(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2019
AnanseK:

I have never described Saro-Wiwa as “Evil Genius”.

So where did I economize the truth in my comment?
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by ZZ22: 11:44am On Aug 30, 2019
katlord:

I'm never against Biafran course. If they get it, good luck to them. But unfortunately they can't cos the Nigerian state will repress them coupled with the fact that they don't have a united movement. Up to 5 different groups have broken away from massob and they all speak with dissenting voices. They are all jokers! Cos they can't win that way

Lest I forget, did you read a thread where major Philips son gave an interview and mentioned the kids in ojukwus family home didn't suffer a bit during d war?! They drank the best bournvita and milk and even had big toys while the rest Biafrans suffered. If you carefully go through history, you would notice that the war was unnecessary and Ojukwu was somewhat a selfish leader who barely listens to others. He had no formidable army, equipment and resources to prosecute the war yet he declared Biafran republic. Igbos are living in dream land cos KANU, uwazurike, asari and others are positioning themselves and making economic gains from this unorganized struggle
I'm not against the Biafran Course but blah blah blah. The Restoration of Biafra is at hand, the signs are there, take it or leave it

2 Likes

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by TSRC: 11:44am On Aug 30, 2019
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by katlord(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2019
ZZ22:
I'm not against the Biafran Course but blah blah blah. The Restoration of Biafra is at hand, the signs are there, take it or leave it

Lolz! Sorry oooo
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by MetaPhysical: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
APCHaram:

Why should I continue to engage you when you can not even have the decency to construct believable lies?

Why should I even bother correcting you when it is obvious you are just another unemployable riff-raff at BMC churning out autistic tier lies for zombie consumption?
Liar!

Please i dont want to see any more tales about executed criminals dumped at sea and bodies washed ashore. That never happened in Nigeria.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by MetaPhysical: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
CarlsJaz567:

Actually some people like Lawrence Anini, Monday Osunbor etc were executed on the Bar Beach! The first set of drug pushers were executed outside the Kirikiri Maximun Prison.

The military Govt at the time also made sure that some armed robbers were killed in their home towns, close to their family compounds, so as to serve as deterrents.

Not under Buhari.

The guy said Buhari did it and dumped their bodies at sea. Then bodies would frequently washed ashore that beach goers funally abandoned going to bar beach.

What a tale! grin
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by DelphiOracle(m): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
WilyWily:

No,
The Government of Yoruba Oladipo Diya and Abacha in their hatred to humiliate Ogonis buried Ken in an undignified way inside a bush and poured Sulfuric acid on his body,
so bad so sad!!

1 Like

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by APCHaram: 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
[s]
MetaPhysical:

Please i dont want to see any more tales about executed criminals dumped at sea and bodies washed ashore. That never happened in Nigeria.
[/s]
Public executions at bar beach began as early as in 1971!

Oyenisi, was th first high profile criminal to be executed at bar beach.

For the disastrous 20mths Buhari was head of state, executions at bar beach spiked with firing squad executions carried out every first Sunday of the month.

I am not educating you but ensuring that you don't deceive somebody with your stupid lies.

3 Likes

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by MetaPhysical: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
APCHaram:
[s][/s]
Public executions at bar beach began as early as in 1971!

Oyenisi, was th first high profile criminal to be executed at bar beach.

For the disastrous 20mths Buhari was head of state, executions at bar beach spiked with firing squad executions carried out every first Sunday of the month.

I am not educating you but ensuring that you don't deceive somebody with your stupid lies.

Abeg stop these lies. You can fool your cotravellers who depend on newsmill fabricated in village. Yorubas know far more about news and history than to be scammed by your tales.

What you said was criminals executed under Buhari regime qere dumped at sea and their bodies regularly washed ashore that it turned off the public from using bar beach.

Isnt this what you said?

Im telling you, this is untrue.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by APCHaram: 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Abeg stop these lies. You can fool your cotravellers who depend on newsmill fabricated in village. Yorubas know far more about news and history than to be scammed by your tales.

What you said was criminals executed under Buhari regime qere dumped at sea and their bodies regularly washed ashore that it turned off the public from using bar beach.

Isnt this what you said?

See this liar attempting to change mouth.

First you denied there was any public executions being carried out on bar beach now you have switched to attacking the claim that the bodies were dumped on the high seas which is a fact.

Even Vatsa's corpses after being executed was dumped on the high sea alongside his fellow conspirators.

FYI, I grew up in VI and I know that corpse washing ashore is a regular thing.

During Buhari's disastrous military rule, the issue of the corpses of executed people was so alarming that the beach lost its glory as a tourist site.

Being a Yoruba from Osogbo does not make you any wiser or informed on public executions carried out in bar beach

Liar

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
Oga Mr Man suru gi ihea comot here before I change am for u now!

Bluezy13:

I feared you wouldn't.
A product of an ignorant new genetation.
Explains the myopic, incongruous and abysmal remark you opined up there.

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by oyatz(m): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2019
Bros, try to educate yourself about the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
ICJ does NOT adjudicate on civil matters domestic to each Country.

[quote author=Pentasoft1978 post=81747326][/quote]

1 Like

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by MetaPhysical: 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
APCHaram:

See this liar attempting to change mouth.

First you denied there was any public executions being carried out on bar beach now you have switched to attacking the claim that the bodies were dumped on the high seas which is a fact.

Even Vatsa's corpses after being executed was dumped on the high sea alongside his fellow conspirators.

FYI, I grew up in VI and I know that corpse washing ashore is a regular thing.

During Buhari's disastrous military rule, the issue of the corpses of executed people was so alarming that the beach lost its glory as a tourist site.

Being a Yoruba from Osogbo does not make you any wiser or informed on public executions carried out in bar beach

Liar

Please bring where i denied there were executions on beach.

I never report anyone for ban but im close to reporting you for a ban for violating forum rules in regard to truthfullness....and then compounding your deceit by telling more lies against participants in the thread.

To stop me from reporting you, please bring where i denied execution on beach or under Buhari.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by MetaPhysical: 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2019
Here is what you said.... Which is false ALL OVER because in another post you said execution at bar beach had been going on since 71....at which time Buhari was not even a Head of State.

Buhari turned the tourist bar beach into an execution ground where prisoners were lined up tied behind oil barrels and shot by firing squad of soldiers.

Buhari's choice of getting rid of the bodies of executed prisoners was to pile them up on speeds boat and dump them into the Atlantic. A few days later, the corpses will wash ashore to the horror of beach goers.

We stopped our weekend trips to bar beach during Buhari's tenure and since then bar beach never got its tourist reputation back.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by APCHaram: 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Isnt this what you said?

Liar!

Where public executions carried out in Bar beach during Buhari's disastrous tyrannical military regime, yes or no?

2. The bodies will be ferried on speed boats a couple of miles off the coast and dumped at sea.

This was how they disposed of the corpses.

3. Even this tradition continued even up till IBB with the execution of Vatsa. That will be the last time bar beach served as execution ground.

You can twist and lie about this fact, but guess what facts are facts and nothing you say can change the fact nor history to suit your lying agenda.

How can you even claim that condemned inmates were taking to their homes and executed leaving the body for the relatives?

Does this make any sense?

Zombie

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by dododawa1: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
where is ABACHA and OBI now,don't fight for yourself,let GOD take control, SARO is getting praise in d world now,WHY ABACHA is getting cursed everyday.
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by APCHaram: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

To stop me from reporting you, please bring where i denied execution on beach or under Buhari.

See this liar.

Did you not say here that there was no public executions carried out on bar beach and that under Buhari the condemned was taken to their homes and executed to serve as deterrent to their relatives and that the body was left with the relatives?

Why are you such a pathetic liar?
Re: "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness by vale20: 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
This write up was to mention one Major Obi from where

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Arrives In London Ahead Of Queen Elizabeth’s Funeral (Video) / Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON / So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.