Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree (4263 Views)

What Was Wrong With Abubakar's Quran: Perfect Preservation Of The Quran / US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) / Reno Omokri At The The Manga Where Jesus Was Born In Israel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2019
RandomGuy48:
http://www.tektonics.org/qt/smallseed.php

"Of course, the scientific classification schemes of modern botany were not yet invented -- classification was by appearance and function, not by biology. In that regard, the mustard plant of Palestine (Sinapis nigra) could grow to a height of several (2-6) feet and be considered a tree -- if not by the scheme of modern science (Is a bonsai a "tree"?), then assuredly by the descriptive classification scheme of the ancients."

Ok sounds reasonable but the rub is this supposedly a god saying this message for future generations, how does he not know that the picture of a tree will be vastly different down the line? When I say tree do you picture a shrub?
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 9:24am On Sep 01, 2019
paxonel:
in general terms, any wood taken from tree was seen as a tree in those days.
It wasn't like today where people are educated enough to distinguish between a wood from the actual tree.
So, when Jesus meant a mustard seed growing into a tree, he actually meant a plant whatever the size may be

Well ok. I just read an analysis that stone was a more common building material than wood at that time so yeah maybe.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Dantedasz(m): 10:06am On Sep 01, 2019
paxonel:
It wasn't like today where people are educated enough to distinguish between a wood from the actual tree.
So, when Jesus meant a mustard seed growing into a tree, he actually meant a plant whatever the size may be

An omnipotent and omniscient being could NOT foresee the future??
I just give up!! undecided

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by paxonel(m): 10:11am On Sep 01, 2019
Dantedasz:

An omnipotent and omniscient being could NOT foresee the future??
I just give up!! undecided

who is this one?
Where in the comment suggested that the omnipotent could not see the future, did you read the comment at all?

I will advice you, stay out of drugs! grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Dantedasz(m): 10:14am On Sep 01, 2019
paxonel:

The more you wriggle,the tighter the noose.... undecided
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 10:33am On Sep 01, 2019
hakeem4:
i understand what you mean. But to be honest i do not see jesus as a supernatural being, rather as a normal material being (that is if he existed). so i do not judge people is intellect like that. i judge it based on their time he lived and society. grin

maybe he did not know our knowledge will evolve grin grin grin

Rather pathetic for an ultimate god though. LMFAO!
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Dantedasz(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

Rather pathetic for an ultimate god though. LMFAO!

All religions are man made.
Every religion reflects the knowledge and intelligence available to the men of the epoch in which it was created.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 11:03am On Sep 01, 2019
Dantedasz:

All religions are man made.
Every religion reflects the knowledge and intelligence available to the men of the epoch in which it was created.

Yep
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Anas09: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:
Matthew 13
31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Jesus said the mustard seed grows into a tree however there is no mustard specie that grows into a tree. Sure they can grow quite large,as much as 12feet in some cases but it still doesn't qualify it as a tree.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Jesus Teachings was not about the tree called the mustard tree, is about the levels of our faith.

He only used that analogy to let us His followers know that we didn't need faith the size of an elephant to move Him to do anything for us.

Get the perspective and stop fooling yourself mr Reed.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Anas09: 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

Note it as one of the inaccuracies of the bible.
So why not sleep in peace and leave it alone?
Do you need Andrew Liversalt to help with the constipation?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! Dundi, I also say I love Harry Potter and Batman, I guess that makes them real too. Whoever you sold your brain, to go and retrieve it o.
No right thinking fellow can even buy his empty brain in the first place
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2019
Michellekabod2:

No right thinking fellow can even buy his empty brain in the first place

He must have dashed it out then. LoL
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2019
Anas09:

Actually I need you to open your mouth so that I can shít in it.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Anas09: 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

Actually I need you to open your mouth so that I can shít in it.
As if you can shit in my mouth. Why Haven't you done that since you ve been here like a raving mad man screaming about a god who doesn't exist. Go check your head.

Bipolar syndrome can be managed. Go to Yabaleft and get tested.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2019
Anas09:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Jesus Teachings was not about the tree called the mustard tree, is about the levels of our faith.

He only used that analogy to let us His followers know that we didn't need faith the size of an elephant to move Him to do anything for us.

Get the perspective and stop fooling yourself mr Reed.

Go learn the meaning of inaccuracies, donderhead.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by glowingflame7: 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

Really? A muslim can't become a Christian?

I am more relevant to my family than Jesus because I am alive and more capable of love than a dead jew.

A Muslim can BECOME a Christian, which is exceptional not usual. It is called conversion. Not every Muslim becomes Christian. Same way a mustard plant can grow with potential to what can be called a tree. That's the aim of the whole parable. The great potential of having even the littlest faith. It was not a botany class. Millions if not billions of people have gotten the point made over the centuries. It is unfortunate that you think it is a botany research work he was presenting.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2019
Anas09:

As if you can shit in my mouth. Why Haven't you done that since you ve been here like a raving mad man screaming about a god who doesn't exist. Go check your head.

Bipolar syndrome can be managed. Go to Yabaleft and get tested.

Very rich coming from the person that came on here with the insults. Your rotted brain can't even hold 2 seconds memory without fuçking it up.

Now open your dirty mouth and receive my hot shít, that's what you are good for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2019
glowingflame7:

A Muslim can BECOME a Christian, which is exceptional not usual. It is called conversion. Not every Muslim becomes Christian. Same way a mustard plant can grow with potential to what can be called a tree. That's the aim of the whole parable. The great potential of having even the littlest faith. It was not a botany class. Millions if not billions of people have gotten the point made over the centuries. It is unfortunate that you think it is a botany research work he was presenting.

Ok so you were inaccurate just like the dead jew?
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by glowingflame7: 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

Ok so you were inaccurate just like the dead jew?

What and where is inaccurate? Why are you jumping about from pillar to post like one on heat? BECOME already shows it is not a tree. What inaccuracy is there again? Is the mustard not a herb?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by NLorubebe(m): 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

But Jesus is supposed to be god right? So the same god does not know tree from shrub? He is supposedly giving a message for generations to come and cannot exhibit an knowledge a 1st century CE person does already know?
For you to know how foolish and silly you sound, was Jesus an English man? Were the apostles English men? Was the Bible's original language in English?

If you have half the sense you thought you had, you'd realize that words often lose their meanings during translation.

Some languages have no words to differentiate a tree from a shrub or plant. For example, even Yoruba people will call a vegetable plant "IGI efo". That same "igi" will be used for a mango tree as "igi mango". This "igi" can mean tree, shrub even stick.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Anas09: 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

Very rich coming from the person that came on here with the insults. Your rotted brain can't even hold 2 seconds memory without fuçking it up.

Now open your dirty mouth and receive my hot shít, that's what you are good for.
Dead meat.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Anas09: 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

Go learn the meaning of inaccuracies, donderhead.
If you do you won't even begin this thread.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
Atheists are fools, this thread again proves it

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2019
This is a picture of a mustard tree.
I'm not religious but if u live in the desert like those people of old, u will know why mustard tree is the father of all trees.
Mustard is a great herb too

So that quote is correct.
Also insulting and counter insulting shows immaturity and low self esteem else i dont see the need to insult in a debate like this.

Note that there are different types of mustard .
The tree and the shrub.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
glowingflame7:

What and where is inaccurate? Why are you jumping about from pillar to post like one on heat? BECOME already shows it is not a tree. What inaccuracy is there again? Is the mustard not a herb?

So when a muslim becomes a Christian he is not really a Christian?
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
sassysure:
This is a picture of a mustard tree.
I'm not religious but if u live in the desert like those people of old, u will know why mustard tree is the father of all trees.
Mustard is a great herb too

So that quote is correct.
Also insulting and counter insulting shows immaturity and low self esteem else i dont see the need to insult in a debate like this.

Note that there are different types of mustard .
The tree and the shrub.

When I google this image you know what comes up? Blog posts, i can't find anything to confirm that it's the picture of a mustard tree.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2019
Anas09:

Dead meat.

Rotting brain
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
NLorubebe:
For you to know how foolish and silly you sound, was Jesus an English man? Were the apostles English men? Was the Bible's original language in English?

If you have half the sense you thought you had, you'd realize that words often lose their meanings during translation.

Some languages have no words to differentiate a tree from a shrub or plant. For example, even Yoruba people will call a vegetable plant "IGI efo". That same "igi" will be used for a mango tree as "igi mango". This "igi" can mean tree, shrub even stick.

And for you to realise how much of incredulous rètard you are go and learn the meaning of inaccurate.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by glowingflame7: 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

So when a muslim becomes a Christian he is not really a Christian?

He is. He doesn't make all Muslims to be Christians. Same way a mustard plant that grows to BECOME a tree doesn't make all mustard trees. Understood?
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2019
paxonel:

Do you realize that the cross on which Jesus was crucified was called tree in those days?

You fail to understand that word use has changed over time
So "fornication"may have meant something else thousands of years back and thus people should not call sex between two unmarried adults as fornication and a single since the word may have depicted something else.
mor0ns like Anas09,solite3,Nlorubebe can't fathom this...
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2019
Anas09:

Bow your head in shame as the inaccuracies of your fairytale book is exposed
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2019
Michellekabod2:

So "fornication"may have meant something else thousands of years back and thus people should not call sex between two unmarried adults as fornication and a single since the word may have depicted something else
.cc: solite3, lordreed
In the bible fornication is sex between an unmarried couples not what people think it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apostle Joshua Selman's Biography:age, Wife, Koinonia And Education / Yahweh Again - Deut. 7 / On The False Doctrine Of Adamic Sin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.