Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree (4262 Views)

What Was Wrong With Abubakar's Quran: Perfect Preservation Of The Quran / US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) / Reno Omokri At The The Manga Where Jesus Was Born In Israel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Bow your head in shame as the inaccuracies of your fairytale book is exposed
alright fairy tale and yet spend a huge chunk of your limited existence discrediting it.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2019
glowingflame7:

He is. He doesn't make all Muslims to be Christians. Same way a mustard plant that grows to BECOME a tree doesn't make all mustard trees. Understood?

Ok I see what you are saying.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by glowingflame7: 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

Ok I see what you are saying.

Good. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2019
solite3:
In the bible fornication is sex between an unmarried couples not what people think it is.
I thought you theists were saying something may have meant one thing now and meant another thing thousands of years back. So why is fornication and exception of what may have meant something else then?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Dantedasz(m): 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2019
Michellekabod2:

I thought you theists were saying something may have meant one thing now and meant another thing thousands of years back. So why is fornication and exception of what may have meant something else then?

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2019
Michellekabod2:

so because something may have meant something else at different times prove that fornication changed? See logic

My point was that the scientific system of naming things are only a recent development It does not apply to ancient system which were based on cultures and religions.
So come again
Atheistic dumbness is unusual
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2019
solite3:
so because something may have meant something else at different times prove that fornication changed? See logic

My point was that the scientific system of naming things are only a recent development It does not apply to ancient system which were based on cultures and religions.
So come again
Atheistic dumbness is unusual
Dodoyo,arindin. . .
You are a dunce!better go and refund the school fees paid by your parents to them because you are a definition of dullness. When you die, it will be engraved on your tomb that you lived your life as a dumbass.
Oponu ayirada
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

When I google this image you know what comes up? Blog posts, i can't find anything to confirm that it's the picture of a mustard tree.
Type pictures of mustard seed tree.
That and some others will appear.
Pick anyone u like

We learn everyday, don't we? kiss.

It reminds me of that tree we call fruit tree. I don't even know the name but it's like a canopy. Most compounds my side have it and schools. Very good shade. During the heat season, both humans and animals in the house love to stay there.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Dodoyo,arindin. . .
You are a dunce!better go and refund the school fees paid by your parents to them because you are a definition of dullness. When you die, it will be engraved on your tomb that you lived your life as a dumbass.
Oponu ayirada
calm down and take corrections instead of insulting knowledge

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
solite3:
calm down and take corrections instead of insulting knowledge
if the poo you have to offer is knowledge then I rather remain dull
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
Michellekabod2:
if the poo you have to offer is knowledge then I rather remain dull
ok your wish is granted remain dull.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Anas09: 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
Michellekabod2:

So "fornication"may have meant something else thousands of years back and thus people should not call sex between two unmarried adults as fornication and a single since the word may have depicted something else.
mor0ns like Anas09,solite3,Nlorubebe can't fathom this...
Prostitutes are not worth my response and this is last honour I give to you.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2019
Anas09:

Muttleylaff, modified!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by paxonel(m): 1:30am On Sep 02, 2019
Michellekabod2:

So "fornication"may have meant something else thousands of years back and thus people should not call sex between two unmarried adults as fornication and a single since the word may have depicted something else.
mor0ns like Anas09,solite3,Nlorubebe can't fathom this...
the bible was translated from the original Greek manuscript to English language and other languages.
At times, there may be clash of word use for different language, those who study linguistics will understand that.
For instance, Areko means building in my local language and the same word is used interchangeably for tent or canopy.
Why?
Because both building and canopy serves as protection against rainfall and sunlight.
So, if the bible recorded that Jesus used tree in place of shrub, he is not out of place.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by MuttleyLaff: 2:32am On Sep 02, 2019
Michellekabod2:
So "fornication" may have meant something else thousands of years back and thus people should not call sex between two unmarried adults as fornication and a single since the word may have depicted something else.
mor0ns like Anäs09, sólite3, Nlórubebe can't fathom this...

Anäs09:

Michellekabod2:
What is this animal saying? Was just sighting an example and you have concluded am a harlott
If we both stand side by side on a main road looking for a customer, who Will they pick between you and I
?
Just look at this hag? that has been used and dumped like newspaper used to wrap roasted corn?
Look at vulture running her mouth.....carry those slabs of meat u call body and ffuck off....
Because jesusjnr refused your advances you got angry at him and trolled him
C'mon now Michellekabod2, lets be reasonable here, but you called Anäs09 along with others a móron first, and that's before she used the word prostitute, at which after, you then referred her to being an animal. You actually went to great length to make sure the platform didnt change "móron" to slowpoke, so seeing to the intended damage being done for you. On your rebound, you then laid on her with excessive force and harassment.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by MuttleyLaff: 3:44am On Sep 02, 2019
Michellekabod2:
Muttleylaff, modified!
Thank you. You have no idea, I even might the only one who knows, that, my respect for you has gone up a notch
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by NLorubebe(m): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2019
paxonel:
the bible was translated from the original Greek manuscript to English language and other languages.
At times, there may be clash of word use for different language, those who study linguistics will understand that.
For instance, Areko means building in my local language and the same word is used interchangeably for tent or canopy.
Why?
Because both building and canopy serves as protection against rainfall and sunlight.
So, if the bible recorded that Jesus used tree in place of shrub, he is not out of place.
may God continue to bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by nlPoster: 8:31am On Oct 10, 2019
Mustard is not a regular part of Nigerian cuisine to the best of my knowledge.

But since it's also called the toothbrush tree, is it where chewing stick is derived from?
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2019
Confused Dullard! cheesy

Don't expect everyone to be as stupid as you're with all your university grades, because scientists discovered some things they automatically became you god!
Some people before you discovered akara, moimoi, ekuru and porridge, stupid you have been enjoying all of these from childhood. So why don't you ask those Scientists who made such discoveries 'how beans came to exist'? Or do you want to argue that turning beans to akara is not science? grin

Yet you've put all your trust in humans like you just because they discovered some things by making use of what God has made, they're now the ones in whom you trusted completely to tell you about your own very existence! cheesy

Do you think Jesus was giving a lecturer in botany? cheesy

If you're not stupid, you supposed to use your God's given discretion to grasp what Jesus said there.

The mustard seed is noted as one of the tiniest in seeds but if one spec should fall to a fertile soil it will germinate to something big enough for the birds (that could swallow the seed at a go) to land with all its wait upon its branch!

That's the message Sir! cheesy
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by AllenforGOD(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
LordReed:

No dumbass, a tree is generally over 20feet. Besides the mustard plant does not have a single stem like a tree does. Even if your secondary education was poor, you could have just googled this info.
so apparently u have compelled finally that jesus is wrong right,ok u wanna clarify to me that u are more shrewd and intelligent than ur God right¿,a mere human of a worldly intellects claims to be intelligent than Jesus<hmmm.>apparently u are blindfolded religiously<what u said is soundbite rectification>give me an understanding corroboration of how u are more nd way better&correct than jesus on this,i dont need soundbites,in which u are under-developed mere human,am not insulting or abusing am facting and christ didn't have us or follow him as to be rebellion or so<full stop>
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2022
AllenforGOD:
so apparently u have compelled finally that jesus is wrong right,ok u wanna clarify to me that u are more shrewd and intelligent than ur God right¿,a mere human of a worldly intellects claims to be intelligent than Jesus<hmmm.>apparently u are blindfolded religiously<what u said is soundbite rectification>give me an understanding corroboration of how u are more nd way better&correct than jesus on this,i dont need soundbites,in which u are under-developed mere human,am not insulting or abusing am facting and christ didn't have us or follow him as to be rebellion or so<full stop>

The fact that I don't kill babies already makes me better than your god.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Image123(m): 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2022
LordReed:

Myopic, considering the fact that you probably have no problem with abortion, sodomy, immorality, lying, fighting and many other sins that God will judge. Remind me how many humans you own for us to start classing you with the living God?
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2022
Image123:

Myopic, considering the fact that you probably have no problem with abortion, sodomy, immorality, lying, fighting and many other sins that God will judge. Remind me how many humans you own for us to start classing you with the living God?

LoLz. You see I don't own human beings, that already puts me in a class above your god. Bwahahahahahahaha!
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Image123(m): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. You see I don't own human beings, that already puts me in a class above your god. Bwahahahahahahaha!

Lol, a class that cannot create one, a class that is mortal. Ahead indeed.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by AllenforGOD(m): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2022
LordReed:

hmmph,u know an analogy is apparent btw u both,u are incomparable to Jesus as a matter of fact,ok here's the logic analogy.
JESUS=he's the son of A SUPREME,INDOMITABLE BEING,plus he has authority in heaven and earth,he died for ur,our,their sins and brought salvation,hope,life,brought us close to God etc.
°You=the son of a mere human,have no authority<subject to other human>,religiously deluded,dieable,subject to death<full stop>

but bro jesus loves u more than anything,he has prepared a place 4u<heaven>john 8:32"and ye shall know the truth,and the truth shall set u free"
john 8:36"if jesus<son of God>shall set u free u are free indeed"
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2022
Image123:

Lol, a class that cannot create one, a class that is mortal. Ahead indeed.

Of course, I am real while your god is a fable, clearly I am in a class above your god. LoLz.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2022
AllenforGOD:
hmmph,u know an analogy is apparent btw u both,u are incomparable to Jesus as a matter of fact,ok here's the logic analogy.
JESUS=he's the son of A SUPREME,INDOMITABLE BEING,plus he has authority in heaven and earth,he died for ur,our,their sins and brought salvation,hope,life,brought us close to God etc.
°You=the son of a mere human,have no authority<subject to other human>,religiously deluded,dieable,subject to death<full stop>

but bro jesus loves u more than anything,he has prepared a place 4u<heaven>john 8:32"and ye shall know the truth,and the truth shall set u free"
john 8:36"if jesus<son of God>shall set u free u are free indeed"

LoLz. SMH.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by RoyalDiadems: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2022
RandomGuy48:
http://www.tektonics.org/qt/smallseed.php

"Of course, the scientific classification schemes of modern botany were not yet invented -- classification was by appearance and function, not by biology. In that regard, the mustard plant of Palestine (Sinapis nigra) could grow to a height of several (2-6) feet and be considered a tree -- if not by the scheme of modern science (Is a bonsai a "tree"?), then assuredly by the descriptive classification scheme of the ancients."

Lordreed. Read this.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by ojuu4u(m): 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2022
hakeem4:
Wow!!!! Holy smokes! Well there has to be a criteria for something before it is categorised. For example Pluto didn’t fall in the category of a planet because it didn’t posses any of the characteristics.

So if there’s no criteria before you consider something a tree then anyone can just wake up and call a spirogyra a tree

Back to the OP. It might not really be a serious case, because the people who wrote the bible didn’t understand how the world works. They wrote it based on what they understood grin maybe at that time it was classified a tree.

But it becomes wrong if you try to use the bible as a science text book to explain how the natural world works

What I don’t understand about these believers is that they do not practice everything in their so called sacred book. If you ask a Christian why doesn’t he do what Deuteronomy commands him to do ( he’s permitted to own slaves, he’s permitted to rape and murder). You’d hear things like it’s the Old Testament and god has abandoned.

Common! God didn’t abandon anything, you just used your common sense to tell you that what the bible told you was wrong. if you can throw some parts of the bible away why don’t you just throw everything away

Are u practicing everything according to constitution of ur land? Do that first, the lives of believers are of no important to u pls.

Ur frustrated life, when will u smoothening it? If u can't straighten it, why can't u throw it away into a flowing river?

Having heart attack on top of someone life when ur own has grinded to crumbles won't do u well ooo.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by RoyalDiadems: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2022
LordReed:

Ok sounds reasonable but the rub is this supposedly a god saying this message for future generations, how does he not know that the picture of a tree will be vastly different down the line? When I say tree do you picture a shrub?

Was He speaking to the future generations or the current generation He was addressing? So, how do you want His audience to understand if He speaks in the future? Your reasonings... You're very intelligent indeed.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Was He speaking to the future generations or the current generation He was addressing? So, how do you want His audience to understand if He speaks in the future? Your reasonings... You're very intelligent indeed.

LoLz! You should go take a chill pill, your frustration with me is mounting.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Image123(m): 4:11am On Sep 10, 2022
LordReed:

Of course, I am real while your god is a fable, clearly I am in a class above your god. LoLz.

Delusion is unfortunately free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Proof To Show That No Lame Has Been Healed By Miracle In Nigeria / How Often Do You Read Your Bible? / Apostle Joshua Selman's Biography:age, Wife, Koinonia And Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.