Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree (4260 Views)

What Was Wrong With Abubakar's Quran: Perfect Preservation Of The Quran / US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) / Reno Omokri At The The Manga Where Jesus Was Born In Israel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
Matthew 13
31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Jesus said the mustard seed grows into a tree however there is no mustard specie that grows into a tree. Sure they can grow quite large,as much as 12feet in some cases but it still doesn't qualify it as a tree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by coluka: 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
So what should we do about that?

7 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2019
LordReed:
Matthew 13
31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Jesus said the mustard seed grows into a tree however there is no mustard specie that grows into a tree. Sure they can grow quite large,as much as 12feet in some cases but it still doesn't qualify it as a tree.

So you are the one that determine what makes a tree.
Smh so much supidity

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2019
solite3:

Smh so much supidity

And you are such a dumbass that you can't tell the difference between a shrub and a tree. I bet you also can't find your arse with both hands in broad daylight.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2019
coluka:
So what should we do about that?

Note it as one of the inaccuracies of the bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by eposho: 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
LordReed:

Note it as one of the inaccuracies of the bible.
Is the whole novel not a gigantic inaccuracies?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
eposho:

Is the whole novel not a gigantic inaccuracies?

It is but I find it interesting when I find the ones I never considered.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by hakeem4(m): 5:54am On Aug 31, 2019
Wow!!!! Holy smokes! Well there has to be a criteria for something before it is categorised. For example Pluto didn’t fall in the category of a planet because it didn’t posses any of the characteristics.

So if there’s no criteria before you consider something a tree then anyone can just wake up and call a spirogyra a tree

Back to the OP. It might not really be a serious case, because the people who wrote the bible didn’t understand how the world works. They wrote it based on what they understood grin maybe at that time it was classified a tree.

But it becomes wrong if you try to use the bible as a science text book to explain how the natural world works

solite3:

Smh so much supidity
What I don’t understand about these believers is that they do not practice everything in their so called sacred book. If you ask a Christian why doesn’t he do what Deuteronomy commands him to do ( he’s permitted to own slaves, he’s permitted to rape and murder). You’d hear things like it’s the Old Testament and god has abandoned.

Common! God didn’t abandon anything, you just used your common sense to tell you that what the bible told you was wrong. if you can throw some parts of the bible away why don’t you just throw everything away

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 31, 2019
LordReed:

And you are such a dumbass that you can't tell the difference between a shrub and a tree. I bet you also can't find your arse with both hands in broad daylight.
Atheism is all about stupidity that is why it seek to prove what it said does not exist wrong.
Some mustard plant are over 10feet long and can be considered a tree.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by orisa37: 7:35am On Aug 31, 2019
Jesus did not write the Gospel. So please accuse Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 8:58am On Aug 31, 2019
solite3:
Atheism is all about stupidity that is why it seek to prove what it said does not exist wrong.
Some mustard plant are over 10feet long and can be considered a tree.

No dumbass, a tree is generally over 20feet. Besides the mustard plant does not have a single stem like a tree does. Even if your secondary education was poor, you could have just googled this info.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 9:00am On Aug 31, 2019
orisa37:
Jesus did not write the Gospel. So please accuse Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Ah ha, so they wrote a fictitious account of the so called Jesus' words then? Good to know. LMFAO!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2019
hakeem4:
Wow!!!! Holy smokes! Well there has to be a criteria for something before it is categorised. For example Pluto didn’t fall in the category of a planet because it didn’t posses any of the characteristics.

So if there’s no criteria before you consider something a tree then anyone can just wake up and call a spirogyra a tree

Back to the OP. It might not really be a serious case, because the people who wrote the bible didn’t understand how the world works. They wrote it based on what they understood grin maybe at that time it was classified a tree.

But it becomes wrong if you try to use the bible as a science text book to explain how the natural world works

But Jesus is supposed to be god right? So the same god does not know tree from shrub? He is supposedly giving a message for generations to come and cannot exhibit an knowledge a 1st century CE person does already know?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by wickedtuna: 9:25am On Aug 31, 2019
LordReed:
Matthew 13

Hello bro. I am glad you first stated it was a parable, so have you tried seeking the actual esoteric meaning behind that statement? It could also be likened to the case of the rejected stone ultimately being the chief corner stone. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 10:08am On Aug 31, 2019
wickedtuna:
Hello bro. I am glad you first stated it was a parable, so have you tried seeking the actual esoteric meaning behind that statement? It could also be likened to the case of the rejected stone ultimately being the chief corner stone. Cheers

We know what a chief cornerstone is however, there is no such thing as a mustard tree.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2019
LordReed:

No dumbass, a tree is generally over 20feet. Besides the mustard plant does not have a single stem like a tree does. Even if your secondary education was poor, you could have just googled this info.
you are really dumb.
So some people sat down and decided a tree should be 20 feet which was only a few years ago so it should affect how people saw trees thousands of years ago.

I give up on your stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2019
solite3:
you are really dumb.
So some people sat down and decided a tree should be 20 feet which was only a few years ago so it should affect how people saw trees thousands of years ago.

I give up on your stupidity

You are a certified international dumbass if you think people of that time did not have an idea of the difference between a shrub and a tree. Was Moses recorded as hearing from a burning bush or a burning tree? Fúcktard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by CAPSLOCKED: 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2019
LordReed:

Your are a certified international dumbass if you think people of that time did not have an idea of the difference between a shrub and a tree. Was Moses recorded as hearing from a burning bush or a burning tree? Fúcktard.

HAHA..
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by glowingflame7: 11:38pm On Aug 31, 2019
LordReed:
Matthew 13

It is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree. Very simple English this. He said IT IS a/an herb. Very clear enough. To BECOME means it is not. IF you become a woman, it means you are not a woman. Very simple. You can't become what you are, can you?
All these clever by half unbelievers. You that knows science more than God. Of what benefit/relevance are you to your family, not to mention the world that Jesus is eternally relevant to?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by RandomGuy48: 1:05am On Sep 01, 2019
http://www.tektonics.org/qt/smallseed.php

"Of course, the scientific classification schemes of modern botany were not yet invented -- classification was by appearance and function, not by biology. In that regard, the mustard plant of Palestine (Sinapis nigra) could grow to a height of several (2-6) feet and be considered a tree -- if not by the scheme of modern science (Is a bonsai a "tree"?), then assuredly by the descriptive classification scheme of the ancients."
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by hakeem4(m): 4:24am On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

But Jesus is supposed to be god right? So the same god does not know tree from shrub?
i understand what you mean. But to be honest i do not see jesus as a supernatural being, rather as a normal material being (that is if he existed). so i do not judge people is intellect like that. i judge it based on their time he lived and society. grin

He is supposedly giving a message for generations to come and cannot exhibit an knowledge a 1st century CE person does already know?
maybe he did not know our knowledge will evolve grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by hopefulLandlord: 6:33am On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

Bamboo is still classified as "Grass" even though it can grow taller than 82 feet. Google "Tallest Grass"

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 01, 2019
And yet you'd still be going to church every Sunday lifting up your hands and singing, "I love you Jesus more than anything", and here you'd be forming atheist.

Such a hypocrite!
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by paxonel(m): 7:12am On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:
Matthew 13

Do you realize that the cross on which Jesus was crucified was called tree in those days?

You fail to understand that word use has changed over time

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 7:24am On Sep 01, 2019
glowingflame7:

It is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree. Very simple English this. He said IT IS a/an herb. Very clear enough. To BECOME means it is not. IF you become a woman, it means you are not a woman. Very simple. You can't become what you are, can you?
All these clever by half unbelievers. You that knows science more than God. Of what benefit/relevance are you to your family, not to mention the world that Jesus is eternally relevant to?

Really? A muslim can't become a Christian?

I am more relevant to my family than Jesus because I am alive and more capable of love than a dead jew.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 7:29am On Sep 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
And yet you'd still be going to church every Sunday lifting up your hands and singing, "I love you Jesus more than anything", and here you'd be forming atheist.

Such a hypocrite!

LMFAO! Dundi, I also say I love Harry Potter and Batman, I guess that makes them real too. Whoever you sold your brain, to go and retrieve it o.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 7:32am On Sep 01, 2019
paxonel:

Do you realize that the cross on which Jesus was crucified was called tree in those days?

You fail to understand that word use has changed over time

That could be understood to mean it was wood taken from a tree.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 7:35am On Sep 01, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

Bamboo is still classified as "Grass" even though it can grow taller than 82 feet. Google "Tallest Grass"

Yep that's why I said generally. There are other characteristics to consider. In the case of the bamboo you have several shoots coming out from one root system.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by paxonel(m): 7:42am On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

That could be understood to mean it was wood taken from a tree.
in general terms, any wood taken from tree was seen as a tree in those days.
It wasn't like today where people are educated enough to distinguish between a wood from the actual tree.
So, when Jesus meant a mustard seed growing into a tree, he actually meant a plant whatever the size may be
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! Dundi, I also say I love Harry Potter and Batman, I guess that makes them real too. Whoever you sold your brain, to go and retrieve it o.
Hypocrite! Hypocrite!! Hypocrite!!!

Anybody that believes this fool doesn't believe God exists is a bigger fool.
Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by hahn(m): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2019
LordReed:
Matthew 13

Obviously Jesus was just a dunce. Ordinary sense him no get

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree by LordReed(m): 9:20am On Sep 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
Hypocrite! Hypocrite!! Hypocrite!!!

Anybody that believes this fool doesn't believe God exists is a bigger fool.

You are just a pathetic imbecíle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Sadistic Nature Of Earth-life / Ifa Of The Year 2009/2010 Cast At Oke Itase / Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.