Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? (35201 Views)

How Many Of You Know About This Liquid? Indomie Generation Will Not Know It. / Who Exactly Belongs To The Indomie Generation? / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 7:11am On Sep 03, 2019
[quote author=tck2000 post=81777361][/quote]
22k SIM card lol.
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 7:14am On Sep 03, 2019
dangotesmummy:
super story came in the mid 90s o.cant remember when specifically whether between 1995-1996
What of maria de los angeles?
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by dangotesmummy: 7:25am On Sep 03, 2019
foster212:

What of maria de los angeles?
yeessssssss

Awwww good old days when movie makers were all about passing messages and not desperate for money like what we have today

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2019
dangotesmummy:
yeessssssss

Awwww good old days when movie makers were all about passing messages and not desperate for money like what we have today
The programme is always keeping you in suspense that year, and you can't wait for the next weekend (Sunday) to continue.
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 7:39am On Sep 03, 2019
Skmoda360:

I think it's 1995 or so....
When did Abacha die?
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2019
dangotesmummy:
well you're right but remember we had our own educative shows on nta where they do general knowledge questions and answers.ive forgotten the name of that show.it was a competition for secondary school kids then and we used to sit with our parents and learn,they also do spelling bees competition.thats where we got our own information from plus radio not google etc

Then those days too we read.now indomie children are soooo mentally lazy they can't even read at least to just pass exam.all they want to do is party,do drugs,get high and fok
Cowbell quiz.
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 7:41am On Sep 03, 2019
Skmoda360:

Hint magazine comes to my mind.....
That time nah to hide read am lol, and nah mostly drawings as picture.
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by Skmoda360(m): 7:46am On Sep 03, 2019
foster212:

That time nah to hide read am lol, and nah mostly drawings as picture.
Yeah
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by Skmoda360(m): 7:47am On Sep 03, 2019
foster212:

When did Abacha die?
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 7:57am On Sep 03, 2019
dangotesmummy:
lmaooooo so because a 15 year old child is already in the university automatically makes him "intelligent"? grin

Do you realize that we had exceptionally smart kids in our generation too who finished secondary school at 14/15 but the parents Will not ALLOW THEM TO GI TO UNIVERSITY TILL THEY'RE 18.instead they will register them to go and learn hand skill till they're ripe (mature) enough to enter university. But you see this is part of what we're talking about. you just want to rush the process.a child is not mature enough for the rigours of college but you push him there as if you Dont know that there is also emotional intelligence.do you think if a person is just academically intelligent,that's all.what if he knows book but cannot cope with the challenges of gangerism/cultism in our university those days nko? Or are you pretending to be ignorant of the fact that our parents kept the ones who weren't old enough at home just to help them mature so they can independently cope with school pressures.even the universities weren't admitting kids who were less that 18.18 was the required minimum to enter university but it was later into the late 90s desperate parents were doing fake birth certificates just because they wanted their kids to be in school at 15
Wetin you dey talk sef? During my days at Igbinedion secondary school, my classmate was just 6 years old in JSS1, and when we were in JSS2, the sister was admitted into JSS1 at the same age.
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 8:09am On Sep 03, 2019
ornicus:

How many books have you bought for your children? Do you read books in front of your children? Our children are our own reflection. My dad and mum had a big library of books when we were growing up. Encyclopedias, classic novels, etc. So I read a lot. I read roots before I was 10.

I had intended to do same, have a giant library of hardcover classic literature. I do have a library, but it is electronic and not the same thing. I don't read books that much anymore. I have a colleague that religiously reads and practises self development via books. His library is conspicuous in his house. I'm sure his kids are reading well.
Nah James Hardley Chase me dey read that year lol.
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2019
Skmoda360:

So how is 1995 the end of military era?
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 8:14am On Sep 03, 2019
shadeyinka:

You are angry and I can feel it.

Unfortunately, those who call you Indomie generation are the worst hit. They grew up at the tail end of Nigeria having hope and greatness into a messed up hopeless society.

Those who destroyed Nigeria will not call you Indomie generation. They will call you "children".

As per changing the Nigeria as a result of knowledge acquired through reading: this is not possible again because knowledge without facilities, tools and environment is not useful for anything except self preservation and survival.

Is it your fault to be an Indomie generation? Certainly not!
It's about the society we all have found ourselves in. The difference is that Indomie generation do not have any reference to when the society was still sane.
Those days, girls skirt dey long reach their ankle
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by shadeyinka(m): 8:59am On Sep 03, 2019
foster212:

Those days, girls skirt dey long reach their ankle
Mini skirts were the in thing in the 70s (Oleku was mini wrapper), in the 80s minis relaxed except with really outgoing party girls. The 90s minis were not fashionable. Trousers were just coming up (for ladies).

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by adedayoa2(f): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2019
foster212:

What happened to the bottled Lucozade drink?
we drank it na
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by dangotesmummy: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2019
foster212:

Cowbell quiz.
yes and speak out
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2019
bolayei:
Indomie generation is not the right term to use for these post cheated generation. Instead of criticism I would suggest we hide our faces. What you don't know won't hurt you.

I have read comments on here by people of my generation (cheated generation) and I feel so hurt that even though we witnessed a different society that was more conducive to what we have now we can still come on here without shame of not doing anything to stop things from getting so bad.

I knew about indomie in 1992 when the company came to our school for promo and it was advertised as a snack not a meal. So if we now have a society that indomie can be seen as food then we the pre indomie generations should hide in shame and that goes to anyone that is between the age of 40-60.

Nigeria could have been a better place if we stood up against a lot of things in the past. The systematic breakdown of a people has taken its course on this generation (wasted generation). This so-called indomie generation were meant to take the batton from our generation (cheated generation) and take our dear country to greater heights in technology, health and social care, architecture, industrialisation e.t.c.

I give kudos to this so-called indomie generation for staying strong and surviving a very harsh economy.

Which staying strong are you referring to? No be dem dey commit suicide up & down?
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by foster212: 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2019
Sewgon79:

For those that was born in Lagos and doesn't know Amusement Park in Lagos, Leventis Stores, Bata Shop, Leonard Shoe Shop, Iddo Boat transport to Lagos Island, Old Maroko Reverine Community Town (not Ajah or Jakande), Old CMS Bookshop, NTA 2, NTA 5 Christmas Gathering Festival show, Old Bar Beach, .

You are all children of INDOMIE GENERATION
Park 'N' shop still dey?
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by loveliveshere: 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
habex005:
When in indomine first debuted in the country...it was known as two minutes noodles.

Nope. Two minutes Noddles was a product of Nestlé, and it tastes far better than indomie.. Still the best noodles I have had till date.
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by skylowlow: 6:31am On Sep 04, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
How TF is any of the emboldened our fault we were just little pikins when the society turned to filth- heck some of us weren't even born and if anyone is to be blamed, it has to be y'all hypocritical and dirty older generation. Simply put, your greed, avariciousness and wickedness made the society what is is today. Look at all our so called leaders, all old generation people. You all turned the society to mush and somehow find a way to blame it on us- very interesting indeed. you corrupted the society, it's high time you take responsibility for your actions and inactions.
we have every right to give our opinion on political issues after all, you people fuckëd everything up in the first place
so because we didn't witness coups, go to post offices or other dumb shi2t you mentioned, we are not entitled to have a voice? lmaoooooo. you Generation Y people need to get your self absorbed heads out of your damned asses. times have changed, new trends are coming up which would become obsolete in the next 10-15 years and I sure as hell wont become a whiny, bitter income generation adult whining about the younger generation lmaooo

Lolzz!

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by skylowlow: 6:32am On Sep 04, 2019
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

This insult is too much! Maybe you meant to say generation Z fa. Millennias are Y, those born between 1977 to 1997...I bet you are a millennia! The generation Z are the guilty ones...majority of them are not well screwed grin grin grin

Msteeew..
Boli!

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by benzion72(m): 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
It depict people born from 1990 up who don't eat apu, EBA and solid food so they are mostly weakling. check out the rate of caesarian section it is prevalent among them whereas people of apu generation often gave birth unassisted even in their room and they will work till the day of delivery.

indomie generation also missed so many event and cannot relate with so many history. ask any secondary school student about Abiola mko no idea not to talk of Anthony Enahoro
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by HORLADSTAR(m): 10:22am On Sep 06, 2019
I, HORLADSTAR is proud to be call an Indomie generation. I have done so many things that the fufu generation don't have the privilege to do when they are in their youthful days.
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by Mustay(m): 11:29am On Sep 06, 2019
Ygrette:

Actually, Kunle Bantefa is Fuji House of Commotion.
He was in Checkmate as Chief Fuji which somehow metamorphosed later into Fuji House of Commotion.
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by Chukapage(m): 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2019
pocohantas:

Yea right. Now we gonna act like every pre-Indomie generation was so smart. It is very normal to know things that happened while you were growing up, that is being aware. It is way different from self-development as a function of reading.

The so called Pre-Indomie generation are the ones that kept Nigeria like this. They are our big-gods sponsoring slay queens to expensive vacations. But now we going to act like they are the best thing to happen since slice bread.

I wonder why you all didn't use your reading to place us at par with fast developing nations.
we don't get along very well here but on this one your right .This so called older generation crushed The society and dismantled most good in it. Then they blame the upcoming generation.They looted this country dry encouraged madness. you see old married man destroying little girls brains with money with that psychology and expectations she transfers it to her male age mate .Her male age mates to meet up will enter Yahoo Yahoo and all sorts of nonsense.And also this older generation put just to much pressure on the young generation to be successful forgetting that Society then and now no be the same thing. When corrupt folks happen to leave the flashy lifestyle ,why won't the younger generation copy that bad morals to achieve flashy lifestyle.
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by Chukapage(m): 9:22pm On Sep 07, 2019
dangotesmummy:
lmaooooo so because a 15 year old child is already in the university automatically makes him "intelligent"? grin

Do you realize that we had exceptionally smart kids in our generation too who finished secondary school at 14/15 but the parents Will not ALLOW THEM TO GI TO UNIVERSITY TILL THEY'RE 18.instead they will register them to go and learn hand skill till they're ripe (mature) enough to enter university. But you see this is part of what we're talking about. you just want to rush the process.a child is not mature enough for the rigours of college but you push him there as if you Dont know that there is also emotional intelligence.do you think if a person is just academically intelligent,that's all.what if he knows book but cannot cope with the challenges of gangerism/cultism in our university those days nko? Or are you pretending to be ignorant of the fact that our parents kept the ones who weren't old enough at home just to help them mature so they can independently cope with school pressures.even the universities weren't admitting kids who were less that 18.18 was the required minimum to enter university but it was later into the late 90s desperate parents were doing fake birth certificates just because they wanted their kids to be in school at 15
who are the desperate parents Biko? Is it not older generation people?
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:54am On Sep 12, 2019
tortoise
skylowlow:

Lolzz!
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by skylowlow: 12:46am On Sep 16, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
tortoise

Kangaroo tongue

How are you?

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:51am On Sep 16, 2019
still hairy as usual grin
skylowlow:

Kangaroo tongue

How are you?
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by skylowlow: 12:57am On Sep 16, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
still hairy as usual grin

Lolzz cheesy

Troublemaker tongue

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 1:15am On Sep 16, 2019
ive changed lipsrsealed
skylowlow:

Lolzz cheesy

Troublemaker tongue
Re: Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? by skylowlow: 11:01am On Sep 16, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
ive changed lipsrsealed

Buhari change?

grin

Where is jack

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reasons Why Women Walk Out Of A Marriage / Perfectly Timed Disaster Photos / Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.