Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,943 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam (35699 Views)

Femi Salau, BDC Operators Arrested Over ₦1.868 Billion Scam / Nigerian Man, Uzochukwu, Others Arrested In Thailand Over N2bn Romance Scam / Illegal NIN Enrollment Centre Operators Arrested In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by redsquare(m): 9:13am On Aug 31, 2019
I saw it coming. It's very popular in Port Harcourt and Bori. In fact almost all RIVPOLY lecturers are into it. Nigerians never learn.

1 Like

Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2019
pls try n giv some reccommendations as this can help some people thanks
i.e examples of real business
GOD bless u
queenesthr:
It is greed and laziness that is killing people.
When they are dozens of real businesses to go into.
They prefer money doubling schemes.
I don't pity anybody that falls for such schemes
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by Osobi32(m): 9:18am On Aug 31, 2019
Ibile77:
Wonderful people working in a wonderful bank for wonderful people to deceive the wonderful people who are wonderfully naive .
. Funny

2 Likes

Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by liverpudian9(m): 9:27am On Aug 31, 2019
Corporate fraudulent organization
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by okeyglm: 9:29am On Aug 31, 2019
bloggers and lies. Bluekey is not a ponzi scheme and no one was arrested.
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by bitgig: 9:29am On Aug 31, 2019
It is so funny how Nigerians carry fake news around, those who were arrested yesterday by EFCC in Bluekey office all has been released today.

Bluekey trade on Forex and is not into Ponzi, it was an investor who reported them to EFCC because he signed agreement to pay out 10% return on investment weekly, which he has been paying since January, but last week he issued a message in his group saying that he is reducing the Return on investment to 5% .

And because he breached the Agreement of 10% and moved it down to 5% an investor took him to EFCC.

Please go and gather your news well, all that were arrested yesterday has been released.

Crazy Nigerians

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by nicepoker101(m): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2019
ugolinze123:
you rounded the workers up and next thing you start showing their faces to the public haven't carried full investigation to prove if they are guilty or not....this country tire me ooo...
Media trial is what they are known for.

2 Likes

Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by ismart: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2019
generationz:

This wonderbank thingy has been a thing among scammers since the 19th century.

I'm surprised people still fall for that crap.
Nigerians are looking for short cuts and are not willing to work
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by luckshine007: 10:18am On Aug 31, 2019
I was there yesterday myself, every thing up there is a big fat lie, Bluekey is not a Ponzi scheme. Pls EFCC leave our youth empowerment alone go and chase our corrupt politicians and yahoo yahoo guys

2 Likes

Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by luckshine007: 10:24am On Aug 31, 2019
babecode:
Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Port Harcourt’s Zonal Office have arrested 19 staff of a fake investment company floating an alleged Ponzi Scheme that have defrauded members of the public to the tune of N2,000,000,000( Two Billion Naira only).

The company, Bluekey Investment Club, operating from Sonia Mall, 42 Woji Road, YKC Junction, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, was registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission( CAC) as a Software Development and General Contracting Firm, but allegedly veered into an interest-yielding Ponzi Scheme with ten percent (10%) weekly returns on investment over (6) Months. The Scheme also promised total returns of invested capital after six (6) Months.

Nineteen( 19) staff of the company were rounded up on Friday, August 30, 2019 in Port Harcourt. Among them are five Principal Officers: Princess Tsaroigbara( Public Relations Officer) ; Onwusa Frances Chineze( Accountant); Naabe Gunugu( Payment Confirmation Staff), Tambari Success( Customer Service) and Anorue Maureen( Receptionist). The Chairman of the company: Neenwi Swanu was at large as at the time of arrest.

Items recovered from the company are computer units and a sum of N459, 300( Four Hundred and Fifty Nine Thousand, Three Hundred Naira only). The suspects would be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.

https://all-gists..com/2019/08/efcc-arrests-19-operators-of-wonder-bank-over-2-billion-naira-in-port-harcourt.html
How do come the 2 billion Naira figure. Are you a MBA forest agent? Shame go catch u at last
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by UniqueDennis(m): 10:29am On Aug 31, 2019
bitgig:
It is so funny how Nigerians carry fake news around, those who were arrested yesterday by EFCC in Bluekey office all has been released today.

Bluekey trade on Forex and is not into Ponzi, it was an investor who reported them to EFCC because he signed agreement to pay out 10% return on investment weekly, which he has been paying since January, but last week he issued a message in his group saying that he is reducing the Return on investment to 5% .

And because he breached the Agreement of 10% and moved it down to 5% an investor took him to EFCC.

Please go and gather your news well, all that were arrested yesterday has been released.

Crazy Nigerians

I thought as much.. This is usually the case for many of such new investment platforms offering 10% - 50% payouts on weekly and monthly basis from forex and crypto trades. An aggried customer snitching or blackmailing the investment operator after a disagreement or loss.. Not that the company or person offering such investment services was a fraud even though the operating legality of such a firm will always be questionable.
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by Akuneshiobike(m): 10:34am On Aug 31, 2019
Are u serious?
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by Acidosis(m): 10:51am On Aug 31, 2019
Na wao, Nigerians stop investing your money with an unregistered financial firm.

If a financial or investment company (including 'bank') is not registered with the following regulatory agencies, then it is fake (Ponzi scheme)

1. SEC (Security & Exchange Commission)
2. NDIC (Nigerian Deposit Insurance Commission)
3. CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria)

SEC is responsible for all kinds of investments (money markets, bonds, equity, and treasury bills). Any form of investment outside this is at your own risk.

CBN is responsible for licensing and regulations of all banking institutions in the country, both microfinance & money deposit bank. CBN also monitors compliance and capital adequacy of these banks.

NDIC is an insurance agency responsible for insuring customer deposits. Where a registered bank fails, NDIC pays only a maximum amount of N500,000 (for money deposit banks) or a maximum of N200,000 (for microfinance institutions) as compensation.

Whatever you do with your money outside these agencies is at your OWN risk. Even if you must take some risk, at least use your senses. A firm with no form of credible or clearly stated insurance policy for monies deposited, no credible or known board, no single idea what they do with your monies and how it yields so much in a week, is meant for extremely greedy lots. MMM has done a lot of damage yet many haven't learnt a lesson. Any investment that relies on robbing Peter to pay Paul is meant for f00ls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by sisisioge: 11:05am On Aug 31, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I hope innocent staff members won't be picked up as well o.
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by Xisnin(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2019
luckshine007:
I was there yesterday myself, every thing up there is a big fat lie, Bluekey is not a Ponzi scheme. Pls EFCC leave our youth empowerment alone go and chase our corrupt politicians and yahoo yahoo guys
Mumu. Is Bluekey empowering youth by doubling their money?
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by Xisnin(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2019
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I hope innocent staff members won't be picked up as well o.
Technically, all staff members are innocent.
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by sisisioge: 11:09am On Aug 31, 2019
Xisnin:

Technically, all staff members are innocent.

Thank goodness!
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by Starz825(m): 11:21am On Aug 31, 2019
generationz:

This wonderbank thingy has been a thing among scammers since the 19th century.

I'm surprised people still fall for that crap.
If u start your own now now..pple will still fall for it...
Sometimes I feel some Nigerians are charmed..
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by captainking(m): 11:27am On Aug 31, 2019
I know of this company and their office in woji

I told my friends not to invest and thankfully.. They did not invest..
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by captainking(m): 11:27am On Aug 31, 2019
I know of this company and their office in woji

I told my friends not to invest and thankfully.. They did not invest.. ..
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by fortran12: 11:37am On Aug 31, 2019
Ayodelejohn2018:
pls try n giv some reccommendations as this can help some people thanks
i.e examples of real business
GOD bless u
Farming
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by luckshine007: 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
Xisnin:

Mumu. Is Bluekey empowering youth by doubling their money?
See this Castrated goat calling mumu

1 Like

Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by generationz(f): 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2019
Starz825:

If u start your own now now..pple will still fall for it...
Sometimes I feel some Nigerians are charmed..

The lure of easy money. cheesy
Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by Xisnin(m): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2019
luckshine007:

See this Castrated goat calling mumu
Lazy and dumb asshole calling a fraud an empowerment scheme.
You must be dullest Nigerian to think that money doublers exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by centilad(m): 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2019
Do plenty research, ask plenty questions, check all the cameras very well before you signup

Re: Bluekey Investment Club: Ponzi Scheme Operators Arrested Over N2bn Scam by progoh: 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2019
The story is everywhere, but this cryptocurrency website reported it differently.

See their report: https://www.cryptoinformers.info/news/10421-nigerian-efcc-arrested-19-bluekeycoin-team-members-over-alleged-57m-fraud

The Nigerian Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) has arrested 19 team members of cryptocurrency start-up Bluekey Technologies Limited, owners of Bluekey Coin over alleged N2 billion (worth $5.7M) scam.

Cryptoinformers learnt that the Port Harcourt Zone of EFCC invaded the start-up's office located at Sonia Mall, 42 Worji Road, YKC Junction, Port Harcourt on Aug. 30, and arrested 19 staff, taking their laptops and about $1300 along with some documents.

Spokesman of the agency Wilson Uwujaren disclosed the information in a statement at the country's capital Abuja, saying “19 members of staff of the company were rounded up on Friday, August 30, 2019 in Port Harcourt."

One of the sources familiar with the story who would not want their names to be mentioned told Cryptoinformers that there is no need for people to panic, claiming that:

"EFCC is investigating the company to find out if they are operating in accordance with the information provided to Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) during registration in Nigeria"

The company reportedly registered as Software Development and General Contracting Firm without any license from the Central Bank of Nigeria and the SEC to operate financial system.

A source told us that the company concluded their initial coin offering (ICO) in the second quarter of 2019, as at then, the company claims that "at no distant time" their investments will double

Apart from having the Bluekey Coin, the company reportedly runs an investment subsidiary Bluekey Forex, which deals on forex trading where it gives investors 10% of their investment on weekly basis in duration of 26 weeks or six months, after which investors will be given back their capital.

According to the company's website, Bluekey Investment Limited offers services which include Bluekey Hedge, Bluekey Forex, Bluekey Mobile Wallet, Bluekey Exchange, among others.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18 Suspected Internet Fraudsters Arrested In Abuja, 3 In Niger / Maid Arrested For Raping A Small Boy / [photos] Check Out My Conversation With A Scammer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.