Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? (15930 Views)

Do Catholics In Nigeria Actually Confess To Their Priests? / Church Worker Steals Money From Offering Basket; Stuffs Money In Her Bra (Video) / If You Lust After A Woman Or Man In Your Heart You Have Fornicated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Jokerman(m): 8:53am On Sep 01, 2019
If pastor sins, whom would he confess to??

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by doctore212(m): 8:53am On Sep 01, 2019
If I commit any sin, I will go to the nearest Olosho house and confess.
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by sunkoye: 8:58am On Sep 01, 2019
We are in the era where we tag some sin bigger than others. sin is sin. Hypocrisy is going to pastor to confess sin when you have a direct way to the father through Jesus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Amudeneogu: 8:59am On Sep 01, 2019
Is God you sinned against not the church or any human therefor confess only to your GOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by oluwasegun007(m): 9:01am On Sep 01, 2019
That would not be possible during one service,

We'll need a whole month for it..

2 Likes

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by joe4christ(m): 9:01am On Sep 01, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Anytime I decides to be serious spiritually, temptations upon temptations starts coming my way. Not even strong enough to overcome some cry

I wanna be one of your temptation i swear down! grin
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Sirseedorf(m): 9:01am On Sep 01, 2019
Sey pastors and Daddy G.Os don comot out to confess them own nii

mtcheew ..

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Damoche10: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2019
No brick wall between you and God. I owe no man any explanation.
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by anochuko01(m): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2019
the problem isn't even confession, but ability to stay without repeating the act. How many times you wan come confess?

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by joe4christ(m): 9:06am On Sep 01, 2019
Thats how you lots give this 'God Of Men' so much power and make them feel invincible and powerful. How can a human determine whether u make heaven or not. If u have to confess all your sins to your church leaders, then there is no need for christ's death and his blood is irrelevant. Cos you already make these men your God, directly or indirectly.
And who do these men confess to when they fall astray? And who is gonna punish them for it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Tomide007: 9:06am On Sep 01, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Anytime I decides to be serious spiritually, temptations upon temptations starts coming my way. Not even strong enough to overcome some cry
Flesh is a very difficult thing to overcome, it will be cool if you can find someone to open up to and mentor you through it....nobody overcomes in an instant, that is why the bible says that though a righteous man fall a thousand times , he shall rise again....u don't atain spiritual perfection in a day.....open up to a female mentor who has once passed through it, not someone that is judgemental but that will love to help you irrespective of the flaws....the first step is having the holy spirit convince you to be more spiritual and thank God he is.....

4 Likes

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by TeamSimple(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2019
Public confession is crap . The only confession/repentance should be between you and your creator. And by extension the person you offended . If you can no longer reach the person , talk to God ONLY and move on .

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 01, 2019
aishaemeka:
I was in a church were if you committed immorality, you are to meet the church leadership or maybe a pastor to confess what you did. I mean after praying for Forgiveness to God, you are still to go to the church leadership to confess.

There was a scenario where someone close to us before, slept with a lady I really know. He reported to the church leadership about what he did and was suspended.

The fact is, will someone make heaven as a church worker if he covers up fornication & continues his church work?

Anyway, I am not a church worker.
It's his business and no one else's he did not offend anybody so wetin concern anybody did he rape her no
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Truefaith: 9:08am On Sep 01, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible OPEN at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Tomide007: 9:08am On Sep 01, 2019
Confessing your sins to a sane spiritual father should help you walk through ur flaws .....yes it is a good thing to do
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 01, 2019
Tomide007:

Flesh is a very difficult thing to overcome, it will be cool if you can find someone to open up to and mentor you through it....nobody overcomes in an instant, that is why the bible says that though a righteous man fall a thousand times , he shall rise again....u don't atain spiritual perfection in a day.....open up to a female mentor who has once passed through it, not someone that is judgemental but that will love to help you irrespective of the flaws....the first step is having the holy spirit convince you to be more spiritual and thank God he is.....
Thank you
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 01, 2019
joe4christ:

I wanna be one of your temptation i swear down! grin
Get behind me
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by lordofreal(m): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2019
judedwriter:

No sinner will make heaven, even if he or she wins a billion souls to God. Just a sin can take you to hell. I hope that answers your question.
2 Corinthians | KỌRINTI KEJI

English
5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

To install app click the link below

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.felinkotech.superenglishandyorubabible
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by drlateef: 9:17am On Sep 01, 2019
I can see many christians stating that even one sin will lead you to hell. And the church asking people to come out and confess a sin covered for you is an anathema.

Where is penetence and forgiveness in christiandom? Does that mean that Jesus does not forgive your sins? If thats the case, all christians will end up in hell fire because they dont expect forgiveness of sin. All human beins must commit sin anyway, whether you are aware of it or not.

And why open up your weakness to the pastors who are sinners themselves? Are they God or angels? Are they the Jesus? Can they swear that they dont commit sins in private too? Who do they confess their own sins to? No human should expose their weakness to another weak human being. Pray to your Lord to forgive you and keep the sin to yourself. As someone said earlier, asking those you offended to forgive you is an excellent behaviour.
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by joe4christ(m): 9:18am On Sep 01, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Get behind me

I love being in charge from behind. You must love it too. Wow, badt badt gurl!

Somebody shout Hallelujah!�

2 Likes

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by judedwriter(m): 9:18am On Sep 01, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:

I feel your pain. I have fallen several times, but i keep getting back up on my feet. The real danger of fornication or masturbation is that it stops you from fully fulfilling your destiny! Yes, It's that serious!

The way out? It's not by might or by power but by my Spirit saith the Lord: Zechariah 4:6.

Rely on the Holy Spirit, spend quality time praying in tongues for strength, it really helps to overcome sexual temptations.
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by joe4christ(m): 9:23am On Sep 01, 2019
Tomide007:
Confessing your sins to a sane spiritual father should help you walk through ur flaws .....yes it is a good thing to do

Which yeye spiritual father. Spiritual father wey get him own short comings, who does he confess to, and who chastice him for his sins?

You lots are just gullible, you claim to obey God's word but as a matter of fact understand too little!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by joe4christ(m): 9:27am On Sep 01, 2019
judedwriter:

I feel your pain. I have fallen several times, but i keep getting back up on my feet. The real danger of fornication or masturbation is that it stops you from fully fulfilling your destiny! Yes, It's that serious!

The way out? It's not by might or by power but by my Spirit saith the Lord: Zechariah 4:6.

Rely on the Holy Spirit, spend quality time praying in tongues for strength, it really helps to overcome sexual temptations.

Do you confess to your church elders each time you fall and do you get punished each time too?
Where then is the grace christ paid for with his blood if u must have to work hard for the very righteousness which is like a filty rags before God.
You christians keep confusing yourself when u hardly understand the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by derbykol(f): 9:29am On Sep 01, 2019
judedwriter:

Hmmm...then it means many christians are greatly and secretly suffering from the consequences of masturbation. That's another topic on its own.
Not only Christians.Masturbation is a secret sin that many are guilty of.
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by alphaNomega: 9:30am On Sep 01, 2019
GTFOH you gullible religious folks. This is why your forefathers got colonized

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by dingbang(m): 9:33am On Sep 01, 2019
What kind of hypocritical church is that.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 01, 2019
Nobody is perfect, confess to God and the person offended. Do not put your dirty laundry out there. Pastors don't, deacons and deaconesses don't, the Pope doesn't. If its a church policy, leave the church. God is in every church..

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by paito: 9:51am On Sep 01, 2019
Jokerman:
If pastor sins, whom would he confess to??

If your are one you will know what to do
Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by paito: 10:02am On Sep 01, 2019
aishaemeka:
I was in a church were if you committed immorality, you are to meet the church leadership or maybe a pastor to confess what you did. I mean after praying for Forgiveness to God, you are still to go to the church leadership to confess.

There was a scenario where someone close to us before, slept with a lady I really know. He reported to the church leadership about what he did and was suspended.

The fact is, will someone make heaven as a church worker if he covers up fornication & continues his church work?

Anyway, I am not a church worker.
Devil is not a fool,call him many name but he has PhD in accusation of brethren. Sex is a transaction, where give and take works,to confirm ask those who have MSc in fornication they will be able to tell you if you slept with some ladies woe betide you.
Confess to the church it will make you have open conscience towards God and man.
Hand joins in hands sinner will not go unpunished, what you sow is what you reap.by confessing to them our arch enemy will not be able to reach you again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services / SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / How Did You Feel After You Finally Defeated That Stubborn Addiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.