Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,633 members, 7,813,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? (15928 Views)

Do Catholics In Nigeria Actually Confess To Their Priests? / Church Worker Steals Money From Offering Basket; Stuffs Money In Her Bra (Video) / If You Lust After A Woman Or Man In Your Heart You Have Fornicated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by paito: 10:04am On Sep 01, 2019
1kBabyShoesNG:
Nobody is perfect, confess to God and the person offended. Do not put your dirty laundry out there. Pastors don't, deacons and deaconesses don't, the Pope doesn't. If its a church policy, leave the church. God is in every church..
Who is the person offended

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by dayleke: 10:04am On Sep 01, 2019
Jokerman:
If pastor sins, whom would he confess to??

Who else but the church.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 01, 2019
paito:

Who is the person offended

In this case, no one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Tomide007: 10:21am On Sep 01, 2019
joe4christ:

Which yeye spiritual father. Spiritual father wey get him own short comings, who does he confess to, and who chastice him for his sins?

You lots are just gullible, you claim to obey God's word but as a matter of fact understand too little!
Lol....thanks for ur reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2019
judedwriter:

I feel your pain. I have fallen several times, but i keep getting back up on my feet. The real danger of fornication or masturbation is that it stops you from fully fulfilling your destiny! Yes, It's that serious!

The way out? It's not by might or by power but by my Spirit saith the Lord: Zechariah 4:6.

Rely on the Holy Spirit, spend quality time praying in tongues for strength, it really helps to overcome sexual temptations.
Thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by KAM3KAZI: 10:35am On Sep 01, 2019
Confession is not the only thing one has to actually desist from said sin to be totally forgiven.
But, that's the hardest thing about sin,it's difficult to desist from.
You can confess your sins and ask for forgiveness a thousand times and still go back to said sin twice as much.

Honestly, only God can save us. tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by drealcivilceno(m): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2019
judedwriter:

No sinner will make heaven, even if he or she wins a billion souls to God. Just a sin can take you to hell. I hope that answers your question.
You are mad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by drealcivilceno(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

I think it is enough to confess your sin privately to GOD. After confessing your sin, you could meet those you offended and ask for forgiveness.
Oga how does that even help matters?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by omaonudee: 11:03am On Sep 01, 2019
0temSapien:
Don't make such mistake, because 95% of the people you're confessing to also indulge in same thing. They'll only make a jest of you from then on while keeping their own secret.
u also have d right to stand before and confess ur sins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by BluntBoy(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2019
pocohantas:

Do you have an idea if he told them the sex styles that was used? How many times/rounds?

Or he left out those important details?

Poco grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by BluntBoy(m): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2019
achorladey:

Aishaemeka: I was in a church were if you committed immorality, you are to meet the church leadership or maybe a pastor to confess what you did. I mean after praying for Forgiveness to God, you are still to go to the church leadership to confess.

Achorladey: This account of the scriptures will aid your answer to your question.

Luke 7: 36-50

36 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee's house and reclined at the table. 37 A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume. 38 As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them. 39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is-that she is a sinner." 40 Jesus answered him, "Simon, I have something to tell you.""Tell me, teacher," he said. 41 "Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii,[1]and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?" 43 Simon replied, "I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven." "You have judged correctly," Jesus said. 44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven-as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little." 48 Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." 49 The other guests began to say among themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?" 50 Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Towards the end of the account, the SINNER(woman) got forgiveness of her sin from the person who had the power to do so. Afterwards Jesus said your faith has saved you GO in PEACE? Not GO TO THE JEWISH RELIGIOUS LEADERS and the rest to tell them and CONFESS to them about your sins that have been FORGIVEN.

Aishaemeka: The fact is, will someone make heaven as a church worker if he covers up fornication & continues his church work?

Achorladey: This your cover up palaver get as e be. An individual that has openly acknowledged his sins to the Lord in his or her closet and desist from repeating such sin again, can you still call that a COVER UP?

Concerning the first part of your statement above 1 Corinthians 6: 9-11 has this to say..... Emphasis failing to DESIST from all mentioned below.

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Aishaemeka: There was a scenario where someone close to us before, slept with a lady I really know. He reported to the church leadership about what he did and was suspended.

Achorladey: James 5: 14-16........ Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

In the account above was there any issue concerning SUSPENSION?

Is confession of SINS LIMITED TO THE CHURCH LEADERSHIP as highlighted in verse 16?

When religious organizations woven there POLICIES in a way that the scriptures are made to fit into it, then TECHNICALITIES ABOUND such as this posted earlier above

(Do you have an idea if he told them the sex styles that were used? How many times/rounds?

Or he left out those important details?).

Hope you get the answers you seek after reading through.

You have answered all the questions asked.

I have absolutely nothing else to contribute to this topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by obicaddy(m): 11:09am On Sep 01, 2019
achorladey:

Aishaemeka: I was in a church were if you committed immorality, you are to meet the church leadership or maybe a pastor to confess what you did. I mean after praying for Forgiveness to God, you are still to go to the church leadership to confess.

Achorladey: This account of the scriptures will aid your answer to your question.

Luke 7: 36-50

36 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee's house and reclined at the table. 37 A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume. 38 As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them. 39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is-that she is a sinner." 40 Jesus answered him, "Simon, I have something to tell you.""Tell me, teacher," he said. 41 "Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii,[1]and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?" 43 Simon replied, "I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven." "You have judged correctly," Jesus said. 44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven-as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little." 48 Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." 49 The other guests began to say among themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?" 50 Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Towards the end of the account, the SINNER(woman) got forgiveness of her sin from the person who had the power to do so. Afterwards Jesus said your faith has saved you GO in PEACE? Not GO TO THE JEWISH RELIGIOUS LEADERS and the rest to tell them and CONFESS to them about your sins that have been FORGIVEN.

Aishaemeka: The fact is, will someone make heaven as a church worker if he covers up fornication & continues his church work?

Achorladey: This your cover up palaver get as e be. An individual that has openly acknowledged his sins to the Lord in his or her closet and desist from repeating such sin again, can you still call that a COVER UP?

Concerning the first part of your statement above 1 Corinthians 6: 9-11 has this to say..... Emphasis failing to DESIST from all mentioned below.

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Aishaemeka: There was a scenario where someone close to us before, slept with a lady I really know. He reported to the church leadership about what he did and was suspended.

Achorladey: James 5: 14-16........ Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

In the account above was there any issue concerning SUSPENSION?

Is confession of SINS LIMITED TO THE CHURCH LEADERSHIP as highlighted in verse 16?

When religious organizations woven there POLICIES in a way that the scriptures are made to fit into it, then TECHNICALITIES ABOUND such as this posted earlier above

(Do you have an idea if he told them the sex styles that were used? How many times/rounds?

Or he left out those important details?).

Hope you get the answers you seek after reading through.

Aptly Said!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Mcslize: 11:21am On Sep 01, 2019
aishaemeka

When one commits fornication and he is an ardent worker of the church, he needs to report to the church leaders/elders. There is nothing like, I have prayed and asked God for forgiveness. If he refuses to report and still carry out his normal work in the church, it simply means; he is covering up his sin.

Even the bible said it that if there is anyone among you who is found undeserving, he should walk up to the elders of the church to confess so that they will pray for him.

There are lots of persons in the church that refuse to report themselves after committing fornication. They keep it within themselves and the worst is that, their consciences do not prick them so, they still carry out their normal church activities while once a while still go back to that sin.

They do that until it becomes a normal thing to them. They are the most regular in the church. Their songs are the loudest. Their prayers are the loudest. They are the ones that wave their hands the most. They dance the most in the church. They see no reason to report to the church leaders, after all no humans eye sees them. So why should they report? They keep on consoling themselves.

But the good thing is that, if such persons keep on doing such without reporting/confessing ,I don't think God will ever value such persons worship. It is as in genuine as anything else.

Every serious christian that commit sin should always report so that he or she will be prayed for by the leaders who are also the elders of the church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Truefaith: 11:21am On Sep 01, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by muyico(m): 11:24am On Sep 01, 2019
pocohantas:

Do you have an idea if he told them the sex styles that was used? How many times/rounds?

Or he left out those important details?
And U Ha Female!
U Better Repent B4 It Too Late

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Mcslize: 11:36am On Sep 01, 2019
sunkoye:
We are in the era where we tag some sin bigger than others. sin is sin. Hypocrisy is going to pastor to confess sin when you have a direct way to the father through Jesus.

If you don't confess to your pastor, and go straight to God in prayer, you are still hiding that sin.

Everyone that commits sin can pray to God for forgiveness. But do you know, you've not really confessed that sin? Cuz no human is aware of it. Not until you confessed it to a human being like you not God, you won't really feel that free conscience in you. Your conscience will still prick you. But the very moment you let a human being like you to know about it, there is this clear conscience that will rush through your mind, knowing that you have made it known to a human.

Any sin one commits that no human being is yet to be aware of, is still considered as a hidden sin. That's why the bible states it clearly that if anyone commits sin, he should go to the leaders of the church to confess to them and they will pray for him. He didn't say, he should first confess to God who is in heaven. You and I know that, everyone can go straight to God in prayer but do you know if we do that, such a sin will still be considered as a hidden sin by God? Cuz you've not disclosed it to any human being like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Mcslize: 11:42am On Sep 01, 2019
anochuko01:
the problem isn't even confession, but ability to stay without repeating the act. How many times you wan come confess?

Exactly. Some are saying is between you and God. They don't want to confess to a human so that they can go back to that sin again and keep on confessing to God and still doing their church activities. That's the most hypocrite mindset so far. The reason for confessing to the church is so that one can be disciplined. They want to avoid that discipline and keep on committing same sin over and over again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Mcslize: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2019
TeamSimple:
Public confession is crap . The only confession/repentance should be between you and your creator. And by extension the person you offended . If you can no longer reach the person , talk to God ONLY and move on .

We are talking about fornication confession here bro. If you know you occupy a serious position in the church and you commit a sin, jejely confess to the leaders to receive your discipline. God will not come down from heaven to discipline you. He uses the leaders in the church, so they are the first person you suppose to talk to about the issue not God.

The reason why most persons are dodging that route is because they still want to go back to that sin. If no human knows about it, they feel that they still have the freedom to commit the sin again and will do as usual by going to God to confess. God is telling you to confess to the leaders first before evening coming to him to confess. If anyone is not following that route, he or she is simply deceiving himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by MisterKings(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2019
aishaemeka:
I was in a church were if you committed immorality, you are to meet the church leadership or maybe a pastor to confess what you did. I mean after praying for Forgiveness to God, you are still to go to the church leadership to confess.

There was a scenario where someone close to us before, slept with a lady I really know. He reported to the church leadership about what he did and was suspended.

The fact is, will someone make heaven as a church worker if he covers up fornication & continues his church work?

Anyway, I am not a church worker.

That your church is backward and read Bible upside down.
Jesus had ashewo, tax collectors, sinners of all kinds in his company as he preached and did good.
Even at his death 2 criminals were by his side.
So who are these ones that I should confess to.
If God truly punishes sinners he would stop the sun from shining on them or quench oxygen for their sins. But he still forgives and provides for everyone. Even herdsmen thunder never still fire them with all the evil they are doing, their cows never die finish and they still eat drink and shit enjoying life like good people do.

So why should your small insignificant church leaders punish someone for having sex.

They are mad.....tell them I said so

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Mcslize: 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
joe4christ:

Do you confess to your church elders each time you fall and do you get punished each time too?
Where then is the grace christ paid for with his blood if u must have to work hard for the very righteousness which is like a filty rags before God.
You christians keep confusing yourself when u hardly understand the scriptures.

Follow what the bible says. Don't believe in the bible any more? The bible says that if you commit a serious sin. There are different kind of sins. If you commit a serious sin don't hesitate to walk to any of the leader to talk to about it.

Serious sin here could be fornication and murder.They are serious sins. We are not talking about when you slap your neighbour, you should go to the leader to confess. When you steal a meat from the pot of soup, you should go to the leaders to confess. Those are not the kind of sins we are talking about here.

The only thing that will make anyone not to confess to the leader of a church is because the person still want to commit the sin again and again so keeping it off from a human being will give him that avenue to do it again without anyone knowing. If you don't confess a serious sin, how can you receive help? The leaders are there to help you.

They want to correct you in love that's the essence of wanting you to confess that serious sin. Not that they want to blame you for it. That is why Jesus says if anyone of you sin, simply go to the leaders of the church and they will pray for you. Not doing that shows that you are still hidng the sin and will simply go back to it again.

The leaders are there to correct and encourage you not to banter you. So when you commit such sin, go to them. They will even commend you for being so bold to come to them. They will correct you in love and not with harsh words so as to help you pursue your christian course without falling back to that sin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by IMASTEX: 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

I think it is enough to confess your sin privately to GOD. After confessing your sin, you could meet those you offended and ask for forgiveness.
The problems with this present day religious congratulations branding themselves as "Christians" is over religiousness & over concentration on doctrines over Jesus's teachings.
Jesus said, confess your sins to God & make amends with the offended. In extremity, He even said when someone offend you. You should make amends with the person before presenting your offering to God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Mcslize: 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2019
aishaemeka:
Confess your faults one to another

Exactly.

This is the bible quotation I was referring to those guysbthat said no need to confess to a human.

James 5: 14-16........ Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Mcslize: 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
The OP is concerned about who to confess such sins to. We know that we receive forgiveness when we confess sins commited like armed robbery, murder, fornication, rape, stealing, adultery, malice, false testimony, fraud e.t.c. But who to confess such sins to, so as to receive absolute forgiveness and clear conscience speaks volume.
Is it only to God (as a silent prayer), to the victims, to the church, to the pastor, the community, to the police, e.t.c

Confess it to the pastor. If you don't feel OK with that, you can confess it to someone you are quite close to in the church. So far let a human being be aware of it. All those confessing straight to God are just trying to hide the sin to go back to it again. Do not do that if you are genuine christian. Confess your sin to a human before God.

James 5: 14-16........ Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Mcslize: 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2019
RockHard:
Scam. Will the same rule apply to the pastor when he commits adultery??

Of course, if a pastor commits adultary as many of them are already married, he should confess to any serious member of the church leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Ijeoma660(f): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
What if you live in a city or town with no church and you have no leadership to confess to, does it mean your forgiveness is pending?

After confessing to God, does God still need the approval of leadership before His forgiveness will become valid?

Where exactly in the bible is this commanded, recommended or applied explicitly or implicitly?

Why is it peculiar and particular to the sin of fornication, does it mean other sins are excusable?

This or any other sin is capable of shutting the gate of heaven against any one and as such shouldn't it be the same path taken for forgiveness to be sought?

The two places close to the account of someone who committed fornication/adultery in the new testament is stated below...

John 4: The woman of Samaria at the well. She was forgiven there and never suspended afterwards or told to see the leadership. Just incase someone is saying she was never a church worker, well my answer to that is: an outright sinner and a sinning devoted church worker are on the same level and will face the same judgement since God is a righteous Judge and respecter of no man!

I Corinthians 5:1 - end Talks about a fornicator who was supposedly renowned and unrepentant. They were advised to put away from them and even advised not to eat with the person. Clearly this is not a case of a worker who is repentant and has asked for God's forgiveness.

In closing, the idea of reporting yourself to the leadership should be advisory and not compulsory as it serves as a check for you and a deterrent for going back since you will become too embarrassed to do so repeatedly. This as a matter of fact should not be for this type of sin alone and not to leadership only but any trusted fellow christian that will be of help in this regard.

Finally, when we develop church policy as a mechanical self help and insist on it then we are simply loosing it as the Author of life frowns at it when he said Mar 7:7 KJV Howbeit in vain do they worship (revere) me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by Estellar: 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
The OP is concerned about who to confess such sins to. We know that we receive forgiveness when we confess sins commited like armed robbery, murder, fornication, rape, stealing, adultery, malice, false testimony, fraud e.t.c. But who to confess such sins to, so as to receive absolute forgiveness and clear conscience speaks volume.
Is it only to God (as a silent prayer), to the victims, to the church, to the pastor, the community, to the police, e.t.c
It should be to God and to the victims . Who does the church leadership confess to after confessing to God ( as a silent prayer)?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by kareemkamil(m): 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2019
Yes na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by sunkoye: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2019
Mcslize:

If you don't confess to your pastor, and go straight to God in prayer, you are still hiding that sin.

Everyone that commits sin can pray to God for forgiveness. But do you know, you've not really confessed that sin? Cuz no human is aware of it. Not until you confessed it to a human being like you not God, you won't really feel that free conscience in you. Your conscience will still prick you. But the very moment you let a human being like you to know about it, there is this clear conscience that will rush through your mind, knowing that you have made it known to a human.

Any sin one commits that no human being is yet to be aware of, is still considered as a hidden sin. That's why the bible states it clearly that if anyone commits sin, he should go to the leaders of the church to confess to them and they will pray for him. He didn't say, he should first confess to God who is in heaven. You and I know that, everyone can go straight to God in prayer but do you know if we do that, such a sin will still be considered as a hidden sin by God? Cuz you've not disclosed it to any human being like you.
you want to make nonsense of the coming of Christ. cos of this is the reason Christ was made manifest.He is the only way to Jehovah not some pastors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by uuzba(m): 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2019
No, he should confess to the mosque.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Worker Who Fornicated Confess To The Church? by MrSly(m): 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2019
aishaemeka:
I was in a church were if you committed immorality, you are to meet the church leadership or maybe a pastor to confess what you did. I mean after praying for Forgiveness to God, you are still to go to the church leadership to confess.

There was a scenario where someone close to us before, slept with a lady I really know. He reported to the church leadership about what he did and was suspended.

The fact is, will someone make heaven as a church worker if he covers up fornication & continues his church work?

Anyway, I am not a church worker.
They said catholics confess their sin to fellow man and now their pastor is not just hearing the confession of sins but also punishes them on behalf of the Almighty. It's Okay!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / 7 Excuses People Give For Skipping Sunday Services / How Did You Feel After You Finally Defeated That Stubborn Addiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.