Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! (5698 Views)

Some Tips About Living In Uk / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Glokit(m): 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2019
Hi guys... i will be talking about some important areas you need to know which i believe it will be helpful... this is not an admission thread... i will just touch few things but be patient to read even though my write ups might be lengthy but it will be helpful for u .. topics include

What to know about irish employment scope and courses to consider for masters degree

Different types of stamps (residential permit/work permit)

Marriage

And soon..........

NOTE: most of my updates will be in the evening time 7pm latest

WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by 151487made(m): 4:07am On Jan 12, 2020
Glokit:
Hi guys... i will be talking about some important areas you need to know which i believe it will be helpful... this is not an admission thread... i will just touch few things but be patient to read even though my write ups might be lengthy but it will be helpful for u .. topics include

What to know about irish employment scope and courses to consider for masters degree

Different types of stamps (residential permit/work permit)

Marriage

And soon..........

NOTE: most of my updates will be in the evening time 7pm latest

WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
we are still waiting ooo
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by ahiboilandgas: 9:12am On Jan 12, 2020
151487made:
we are still waiting ooo
really the thing hard ooh my bros dey complain we are even trying to get ndlea job for him in nigeria
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Glokit(m): 9:18am On Jan 13, 2020
No vex o my people... this thread suddenly disappeared on NL... i was searching for it and couldn’t find it...

Will update u soon
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Packboizzy(m): 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
Glokit:
No vex o my people... this thread suddenly disappeared on NL... i was searching for it and couldn’t find it...

Will update u soon

Thank God you are back, been expecting you.
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Packboizzy(m): 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
Waiting patiently
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by 151487made(m): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2020
Glokit:

Will update u soon
another soon that will take 3month abi?
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Glokit(m): 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2020
Be like say people they vex for me here oo... my people no vex ooo... im going to give you some bitter truth in which some people will not agree with me but its a choice...
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Glokit(m): 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2020
Before i start.. bare in mind that everyone’s story is not thesame ... but i will write on General opinions

If you are coming to study with the intention of going back to Nigeria... this thread is not for you... cos you can never agree with what i will write...

But if u want to study and stay in Ireland... then lets keep it rolling!

First to consider is the course you are coming here to study... my people... agent will scam you with different courses... but the best option is INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) or IT related Course OR MEDICAL RELATED COURSES!

I study Business but its very difficult to break in because
1) Trust
2) you arnt Irish
3) the type of stamp you carry
4) you dont have full knowledge of how business works there...

Dont get me wrong... people are breaking in and stories arnt thesame... but its difficult

Watch out for more updates !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Rupect: 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2020
Following
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by babakb: 6:33am On Jan 28, 2020
The story is the same everywhere, STEM courses are the hot cakes...

2 Likes

Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Glokit(m): 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
I know STEM courses are top notch!
But not that straight forward.

Now when you do an IT or medical course.. it doesn’t automatically guarantee your stay (I mean after the 2 years that is general to everyone)

You must find a job that can pay minimum of €33,000 per annum.... initially it was €30,000... And the job is ready to help u file for your paper...

As a student... you will be on STAMP 2
When you graduate... you will be on STAMP 1G
if you are Lucky.. and you get employed which will help with your documents... u will go on STAMP 1
The best of all is STAMP 4 in which before you can get that u must have being on STAMP 1 for 3 years or you get married to an Irish ...

Note: all these stamps have their limitations but Stamp 4 is the best as you are on the route to becoming a citizen

1 Like

Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Glokit(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
You can ask questions... i will answer apart from questions relating to visa processing as we already have a thread for that
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Glokit(m): 11:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
Top schools to study... on average budget

Griffith College
Technically University Dublin (Previously DIT)
National College of Ireland
Dublin Business school

For your interest... its better to study in Dublin although the standard of living is very expensive but you will have more access to jobs compare to any other city...

For jobs check
indeed.ie
Jobs.ie
Jobbio.com
Glassdoor.com

For students jobs and side Hustle it’s better to enroll wit agencies like
Noel Recruitment
Excel Recruitment
Cpl Recruitment
Temple Recruitment
First staff Recruitment
Addecco

For accommodation
Datf.ie
Rent.ie

For food/upkeep
Lidl
Aldl
Tesco

More Updates soon... but u can ask questions

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Packboizzy(m): 11:44am On Jan 29, 2020
Glokit:

Griffith College
Dublin Business school

For your interest... its better to study in Dublin although the standard of living is very expensive but you will have more access to jobs compare to any other city...

For jobs check
indeed.ie
Jobs.ie
Jobbio.com
Glassdoor.com

Noel Recruitment
Excel Recruitment
Cpl Recruitment
Temple Recruitment
First staff Recruitment
Addecco

For accommodation
Datf.ie
Rent.ie

For food/upkeep
Lidl
Aldl
Tesco

Please on average budget how much are we looking at.
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by agugu(m): 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2020
Packboizzy:

Please on average budget how much are we looking at.

How is School fees for MSc. like ?? how much you are expected to have in account when coming over?
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Glokit(m): 8:33am On Feb 04, 2020
Average school fee is €12,000 and expected to have at least €7,000 in your account (during visa processing).. but when coming into Ireland have around €4k with you cos accommodation is expensive...
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by ahiboilandgas: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2020
Glokit:
Average school fee is €12,000 and expected to have at least €7,000 in your account (during visa processing).. but when coming into Ireland have around €4k with you cos accommodation is expensive...
i think with brexit and 2 years visa uk is now a better option..where u able to get a professional job?
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Glokit(m): 8:40am On Feb 06, 2020
Uk �� Exit from EU comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.. we don’t know how it will play out... its a developmental change
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Coldie(m): 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
Glokit:
D €7000 Euros is to be in your account for how many months?
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Glokit(m): 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2020
Coldie:

D €7000 Euros is to be in your account for how many months?

U can move it immediately after u get your visa... not necessarily in your Acct... if you have a sponsor, then the €7k should be in your sponsor’s account
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Coldie(m): 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
Glokit:

U can move it immediately after u get your visa... not necessarily in your Acct... if you have a sponsor, then the €7k should be in your sponsor’s account
Does the time frame matter must it be 6months.

Cause I just got back my German block account refund. From now till time I intend to go for interview ain't up to 6months
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Elektra008(f): 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
Is it possible for an arts graduate here to do his masters over there in an IT related course?
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Ikjosh04: 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
Glokit:

Good evening bro, I just graduated from university with a 2:1 in chemical engineering currently undergoing my 1yr nysc. I'm looking to pursue my graduate studies immediately after nysc at Ireland, I'm considering changing career path from chemical engineering to cybersecurity. I want to go for a course that will make me well sought over there after graduate studies. Please from my findings i believe you had your graduate studies in Ireland so I'll like you to advise me based on your personal experience on the pros and cons of choosing Ireland for graduate studies. Do you have any regret studying there?

Warm Regards
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Segunagagu(m): 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
So every one is talking about Ireland now,...loool
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Hypnotise: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
shocked
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Joohan: 12:01am On Aug 25, 2020
Glokit:

Griffith College
Dublin Business school

For jobs check
indeed.ie
Jobs.ie
Jobbio.com
Glassdoor.com

Noel Recruitment
Excel Recruitment
Cpl Recruitment
Temple Recruitment
First staff Recruitment
Addecco

For accommodation
Datf.ie
Rent.ie

For food/upkeep
Lidl
Aldl
Tesco

You mentioned that you did business as your first degree; so which course do you do now?
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by BelieverDE: 6:48am On Aug 25, 2020
Glokit:

Griffith College
Dublin Business school

For jobs check
indeed.ie
Jobs.ie
Jobbio.com
Glassdoor.com

Noel Recruitment
Excel Recruitment
Cpl Recruitment
Temple Recruitment
First staff Recruitment
Addecco

For accommodation
Datf.ie
Rent.ie

For food/upkeep
Lidl
Aldl
Tesco

1 Like

Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Cousin9999: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
Learn to enjoy Irish beer and potatoes.

Also, they're some of the palest people on EARTH. Not sexy.

Never impregnate an Irish or your kid will come out white, or have bright red hair.
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Cousin9999: 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2020
You may find this part of Irish culture interesting:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1606259/

Irish gypsy feuds and boxing lol
Re: Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move! by Cousin9999: 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
Also, there's a lot of redheads in Ireland. It's mad weird.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Adventure To Liberec, Czech Republic from Germany / Lagos Transportation System And How To Reduce Traffic / Can 12m Enough For My Wife And Two Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.