Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" (28344 Views)

Supreme Court Sacks Senator Shekarau, Declares Rufai Hanga Senator-Elect / Rufai Hanga: Tinubu Completely Sidelined, Suffering Silently In APC / Rufai Hanga: President Buhari Afraid Of Coup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by bellachibaby(f): 7:50am On Sep 02, 2019
A former member of the House of Representatives and Senator representing Kano Central, Rufai Hanga, has told the North to shelve the idea of remaining in power after President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.

According to him, the power should return to the South and precisely, the Southwest because they will turn things around, adding that it is not because of their (Southwest) loyalty to the North, but because they have done it before and we have seen it.

The Kano-born politician also said that Igbo cannot produce next president by threats, adding that the South East and South South have little or no chance at all.

He said “To me, I wouldn’t want to say that power should remain in the North or rotate to the South, ” he told Sun.

“To me, if I were to be candid, I will rather say power should to go to the South because it is safer and more dignifying for Nigerian politicians.

“At the beginning of the present democratic dispensation, we promised zoning. The South had it, the North had it, the South should have it next.

“That one I am comfortable with. Whether it is suitable or not, that is a different question. For me, I will rather want it to go round.

“That is why I felt we should start from somewhere and begin to search for competence.

“We should give it a trial so that everything will not boil down to ethnic politics. Left for me, I will support the Southwest.

“But if I do that, people will begin to say it is selfishness because I am close to this man or that man. For me, based on competence, I will want someone from that zone to be the next man because I know they will turn things around.

“If given to them, I know they will turn things around. I am doing this for myself or anybody, but for Nigeria. If you want to change things in Nigeria, give it to them. With those I have in mind, I am sure they will turn things around. Nigeria will be better for it. I believe so. But if another person has it, so be it.

“It is not because of their loyalty to the North, it is because they are Nigerians. Two, they have done it and we have seen it.

“Tell me anywhere else in this country that is transformed to the best place in Africa other than Southwest. No other section of this country did it than the Southwest.

“We started together, and each region was ruling itself. Which region can boast of the best performer other than the Southwest?

“That is why I believe if you get a South westerner, he will do for Nigeria what they did for Southwest. I am not saying this because of their loyalty to the North, I am saying because of their competence.

“This man is competent, he can do it is different from this man is competent he has done it before.

“That I have heard from the section 15 to 20 years. And like I said, we just cannot do things in a particular way because someone has threatened this or that.

“If some applicants come to you for interview and one of them says, if you don’t employ me, your company will crash down, another person says to you, employ me, I will do what I did for the other company to grow and the third one says, try me, I will do my best and you will certainly be happy that you have tried me, who among the three would you employ?

“The most assuring is that applicant than that says, ‘I have done it, and I can do it again.’ That I will do it is different from I have done it before.

“The one threatening to scatter everything already had his fate sealed. One man cannot come and say it is either me or never. It is impossible. This is 21st Century; nobody can threaten anybody that rain will fall. Nothing will happen.

“With Southwest alliance with the Northwest, it is a sure banker the Southwest will get it. Whether they score 2/3 majority or not, they will still get it because when there is no clear winner, there will be a rerun.

“When there is a rerun, what they need to win is simple majority. And where is the majority coming from? Northwest and Southwest. Volume of votes from Kano alone is almost equivalent of votes for about seven or eight states from Southeast or South-south.

“The voting strength from Southwest alone is equivalent of the votes from eight states in the Southeast and South-south. With Southwest and Northwest, I don’t think there is anything that will stop them from getting the president.

“They will have total grip of the Northwest. If they form a strong alliance with the Northwest, I think they may make it. But how do you think they can make it with that alliance?

“Who and who from Southeast will penetrate the North to come and make such alliance? I think the Southwest came early to the Northwest even though they still have some areas they have not touched and which they need to touch. If the Southeast is smart enough to go and tap into these areas, I am sure they will make it.”

See more here https://thickmatch.com/2023-senator-hanga-reveals-region-produce-next-president-gives-reasons/

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Tomiwa69(m): 8:07am On Sep 02, 2019
Stop recycling politicians who av Looted out Past to come and loot our future. We need minds Like Tony elumwlu and co.Give us ppl with Ambitions. Not Old men who Should be Thinking of how to make heaven if dey die.
If Nigeria wake up to this.We would Start going forward and not backwards. Look at Ghana.and the likes of dem who economy is booming at present.
#Stoprecyclingpoliticians.
#Apcandpdpmustberestructured

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by GavelSlam: 8:07am On Sep 02, 2019
grin

You have said it all.

Wait for the confused knobheads to spill their bile.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by xelly: 8:14am On Sep 02, 2019
Mindset

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Printerscanner: 8:18am On Sep 02, 2019
COURSE CODE & TITLE
--------------------------------------
POL 201: Politics of Alignments and Coalition in Contemporary Society .

Faculty Head: Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Department Head: Bisi Akande
Senior Lecturer: Prof. Yemi Osinbajo(SAN)
Lecturer 1: Tunde Raji Fashola
Lecturer 1: Rauf Aragbesola
Lecturer 1: Fayemi

Students: IPOB, Ohanaeze, MASSOB, IYC, PDP, APGA.

91 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by gidgiddy: 8:35am On Sep 02, 2019
No matter where power goes, Nigeria will still be a $hithole. Most Igbos such as myself dont care where power goes in 2023 and beyond. It's not what is going to put food on my table or pay my children's schools fees. All the power they have been rotating since 1970 has only made Nigeria poorer and more miserable

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Cinkq: 8:47am On Sep 02, 2019
gidgiddy:
No matter where power goes, Nigeria will still be a $hithole. Most Igbos such as myself dont care where power goes in 2023 and beyond. It's not what is going to put food on my table or pay my children's schools fees. All the power they have been rotating since 1970 has only made Nigeria poorer and more miserable

The mangoes are bad/unripe because u don't know how to pluck them from d tree. Consolation!

40 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by alizma: 9:16am On Sep 02, 2019
When those who understand the game speak, those who know the game can do best for themselves by learning. This man understands the game, let me learn

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 02, 2019
Partisan talks.... atleast he confirmed the south would turn things around.

If he is harping on doing it before and doing it again, is it the Obasanjo the SW claim was not their candidate?

Is it the Lagos Financial books that they have refused the public to see despite different court orders?

Again, if he is harping on a region that has done it before, why is he comparing it to a region that has never had the opportunity to be tried? Despite constituting a good percentage and core ministries of the cabinet in the said "done it before and can do it again" glory days..

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by gidgiddy: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2019
Cinkq:

The mangoes are bad/unripe because u don't know how to pluck them from d tree. Consolation!

The people that have plucked the Mango in the past have nothing to show for it so no point.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 02, 2019
Is this man confirming the Buhari has failed, that the only things he turned around are the finances of relatives and hangers-on?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Cinkq: 9:45am On Sep 02, 2019
gidgiddy:

The people that have plucked the Mango in the past have nothing to show for it so no point.

Just learn to pluck first before telling us if it's sweet or not.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Ikpeazukerosene: 10:07am On Sep 02, 2019
gidgiddy:
No matter where power goes, Nigeria will still be a $hithole. Most Igbos such as myself dont care where power goes in 2023 and beyond. It's not what is going to put food on my table or pay my children's schools fees . All the power they have been rotating since 1970 has only made Nigeria poorer and more miserable

This attitude to politics is what makes Igbos elect incompetent leaders to Govern them and run outside Igboland to enjoy good leadership.

Just for a minute imagine people like Ikpeazu or Ihedioha have been ruling Lagos, Rivers and other states. Where would you Igbos run to?

You need to be politically conscious and hold your leaders accountable, not claiming to be u bothered about your political future but start crying marginalisation later.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by obembet(f): 10:08am On Sep 02, 2019
Nigeria is gone.. Instead of this people to think of how country will be better, they only care about 2023..

Sowore is right

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by majamajic(m): 10:08am On Sep 02, 2019
alizma:
When those who understand the game speak, those who know the game can do best for themselves by learning. This man understands the game, let me learn

the game Number: Z57FXYSM
so funny we won ,

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by PrinceKevin01: 10:09am On Sep 02, 2019
Unfortunately enough these guys are not talking about the voters
Which makes their Rigging machines superior to your vote.
Well, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by BackToLife: 10:09am On Sep 02, 2019
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Martins811: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]see below

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Ikpeazukerosene: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2019
Printerscanner:
COURSE CODE & TITLE
--------------------------------------
POL 201: Politics of Alignments and Coalition in Contemporary Society .

Faculty Head: Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Department Head: Bisi Akande
Senior Lecturer: Prof. Yemi Osinbajo(SAN)
Lecturer 1: Tunde Raji Fashola
Lecturer 1: Rauf Aragbesola
Lecturer 1: Fayemi

Students: IPOB, Ohanaeze, MASSOB, IYC, PDP, APGA.

The bolded elements are dropouts and political willy-willy.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by SolarKing1: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2019
Ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by ebuk4real(m): 10:13am On Sep 02, 2019

The joke will always be on the one that has power and his followers lives aren't better by it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by yesloaded: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2019
I'm sorry, a nation will never develop with this type of mindset

the same method we used in the past and get ugly result?

we need to elect only credible & sensible people not based on part of the country they comes from or religion

Rotating office of the presidency from one region to the other will lead this country to nowhere

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by DeHumbleTboy: 10:14am On Sep 02, 2019
gidgiddy:
laughing my ass off. You have said it all. Igbo doesn't even give fvck about north leadership. Weather government or not Igbo people will forever be progressive. Ijn amen

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Toscarel: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2019
Unlike the northerners,majority of Igbos do not care about politics, most of them are after how to make their own money and politics wouldn't give them, its a very few that are bothered about Igbo presidency

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by kareemkamil(m): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2019
Rufai Hanga, do you want to kill BIAFRA people

12 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Usman Yusuf: Why 2023 Elections Won’t Hold / “Fayose Has Not Paid Us Since September Yet You Are Fighting For Him” – Workers / Inside The Oil Deals That Cost Nigeria Billions; Between Diezani And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.