Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Sacrifice - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Sacrifice (78289 Views)

The Sacrifice / The Sacrifice / HORROR!!! The Sacrifice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sacrifice by peaceeruteya(f): 9:44am On Oct 28, 2019
gly:
Topher pls let us try and ease some conditions on our site.... I found out it is a bit difficult when one is trying to comment. I do not know if anyone notices this.
Regards
it actually depends on the way the owner of the blog do the settings of the comment section. you could comment anymoyously please forget my spellings�

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by SolarEdge: 10:38am On Oct 28, 2019
Cool
Re: The Sacrifice by gly(m): 11:27am On Oct 28, 2019
peaceeruteya:

it actually depends on the way the owner of the blog do the settings of the comment section. you could comment anymoyously please forget my spellings�

Thanks so much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2019
gly:

Thanks boss
You no come update me again whether agent take their percentage for the house Wey you rent for the new site and the location...whether na Island or main land. Me pinch tenth for Agege for 1 room dey take breeze there, dey take style wait for Topher new update for chapter 35. But agent still take small thing from my hand o, on top the one room matter. Make I quick settle down na matter because I no want fail Topher exam o
You no go fail, tell dah agent make he dey well o, ah dey quick vex angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by ugnoble: 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
Here looks dry angry

Oga Topher hope all is well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 10:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
Sorry for the long delay. Just updated chapter 35. Please register and it'll ease the stress. Still trying to perfect it though. Thanks you all for reading. Would have started listing names, but I appreciate you all. I'm trying to give you all something to take away your stress for the day. Please don't hesitate to point out any mistakes or if I'm going off track.
Thank you so much

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2019
topher052:
Sorry for the long delay. Just updated chapter 35. Please register and it'll ease the stress. Still trying to perfect it though. Thanks you all for reading. Would have started listing names, but I appreciate you all. I'm trying to give you all something to take away your stress for the day. Please don't hesitate to point out any mistakes or if I'm going off track.
Thank you so much
We dey together bro. No problem. More grease to your elbow cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
BankyGee:

We dey together bro. No problem. More grease to your elbow cool

Thanks somuch my brother. I dey see you. Thank you very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by daddio(m): 12:41am On Nov 01, 2019
topher052:
Thank you so much

"Salah had a fight with his pregnant fiancee that morning. She finally broke the news to him.

" it's over between us! Muhammad is the father of my unborn child. He's way better than you can ever be!".

So na to play football Salah sabi, e nor fit impregnate!?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 5:50am On Nov 01, 2019
So they've finally caught Abdul, Kate should say something and save Sarah from the pain she's going through.

Thanks for the update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Taniaa(f): 7:25am On Nov 01, 2019
following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by ugnoble: 11:09am On Nov 01, 2019
topher052:
Thank you so much

Glad you're alright. It's normal to be busy as you have to hustle too despite the entertainment you're giving to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Goddeywithme: 11:12am On Nov 01, 2019
greatme2good:
Yeeeeh Topher is back again with another one. Awwn God bless you for doing this again...Nairaland has been boring without your stories.

I don land with my glasses and cup of Bournvita.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by greatme2good(f): 8:00am On Nov 02, 2019
Ok I have been reading but I have not been able to register with my moniker here. I have a Google blog account and that username keeps popping up.
Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 9:50am On Nov 02, 2019
Chapter Thirty-Six
Raining Fear

Andrew was slowly released by Liq who was lost in shock. Boko and Zixta with those who later joined stared speechlessly. Sandra whom sat with her back on the wall beside the wall couldn't understand her feelings; it flashes of fear, joy, sadness, excitement, confusion. But she sat looking at what had captured everyone; Hitra.

His body was a rocky muscles, his eyes were bloodshot. His hands were the biggest Andrew had ever seen; big, strong and intimidating. His chest were unbelievably large and huge with thick veins the size of a thumb spread all over it to every part of his body like a tree root.

Boko slowly released Zixta from his grip, instinct told him to escape, but pride kicked against it. Instead he slowly moved backwards shivering under his feet.

Hitra was overly furious and reflected in his countenance. He and Boko were few steps apart. They locked eyes for few seconds before Hitra roared breaking the momentary silence. " Boko! I challenge you to the death!".

Boko shook in fear and immediately comported himself swallowing hard.

" today! You die! And I'll eat your flesh for dinner. Your wives, I'll rape and behead. Your children, I'll hang alive. I will let you watch and I kill you afterwards with my bare hands". Hitra raged ominously demonstrating by clinging his big fist. Then looked at the crowd with Boko. " anyone who wish to die! Join him!".

And immediately raised his hammer, everyone gave way, including Zixta. Boko in confusion frighteningly snatched the spear from Zixta and aimlessly threw it at Hitra then made to run away.

The spear caught Hitra in the middle of his chest close to his neck. Hitra couldn't believe his eyes. He stopped abruptly, his body seem paralyzed, his hands still up with the hammer, he tried everything in his power to swing it, but the suddenly seem heavy in his hand and slowly he dropped it.

Boko stopped halfway, turning unbelievably to see his aimless throw caught his victim badly.

Like a mountain Hitra dropped to his knees looking furiously frustrated. He tried in vain to move and managed to stretch his hand to Boko. Held the spear, tried to remove it still shaking angrily, but fell on his side.

Boko walked to him, now boastfully. He stood in front of his dying brother and roared beating his chest happily, his friends joined him. Liq had forgotten Andrew as he joined to celebrate with Boko. Fate had just saved them from untimely death in the hands of Hitra.

Andrew waisted no time. He rushed towards the exit and saw Sandra still in shock looking at Hitra on the floor. He grabbed her hand and she turned startling to him. He nodded, looked at the party still celebrating and ran out while she followed with no one noticing.

The three men driving back to the camp happily. The sang and smoked all the way. Fantasising the glory they will gain to have captured the great Abdul whom many considered beyond death due to tales of his heroic escapades in the past.
Few yards to the away, they saw Usman seated on top of the bonnet of a Suzuki van looking like he had problem with his car.

Ramah slowed down and Saha placed a hand on his shoulder. "I think we shouldn't tell Usman anything. That guy is too ambitious".

Idris moved closer from the backseat and added. " I think he's right. Let's not say anything. Just drive pass".

"But we can't drive pass, we need to see greet at least or see if he needs our assistance. He's our superior.". Ramah said and stopped some distance enough Usman could not to get a look into the car.

Usman looked at the trio walking towards him and turned to their car moving towards it. The trio immediately stood in front of him blocking his view.

" Peace be unto you". They greeted.

" peace be unto you". Usman replied and turned to his car. " it just stopped. Was praying I get a help and here god sent you people ".

The trio exchanged troubled glances which Usman caught and became suspicious but kept his cool.

" could you guys help me drag it to the camp? I have a rope". Usman said pointing to his car.

Ramah scratched his hair and eyed his team for approval, they all looked even more confused.

" any problem? ". Usman asked searching their faces for a hint.

Ramah looked at his team and they nodded.

" we have Abdul ". Ramah forced the words out with great effort.

Usman paused, looking surprised at them, making them unsettled. Then his face drew a wide smile that exploded into excited laughter. " wow! Great news! Where's he?". Moving joyfully towards their car, ignoring their body resistance.

The trio exchanged quick glances and hurried to join Usman.

He peeped in the backseat and saw Abdul lying on the floor, bound hands and legs still unconscious. He turned to the men overwhelmed. " congratulations! You did what I couldn't do. But please I'm part of this!".

The men looked lost. Usman excitedly placed his hands on Idris and Saha's shoulder with Ramah in their middle. " look! I'll share everything with you guys. We did this job together, that's all you will tell the elders". He turned to their car. " hope he's still alive?" His voice sounded unsure.

" yes! Just unconscious ". Idris said uncomfortably.

Usman hugged the men and kissed their cheeks. " good job! Let me get my phone and call the elders". and he headed for his car.

The three men gathered together whispering amongst themselves.

" I don't like this". Idris said uneasily.

" me too. I don't trust that guy ". Saha said, took a peek at Usman and continued. " he may want the glory for himself ".

" you are right". Ramah said ."But what do we do? We can't do much, we can't-". A gunshot stopped his speech splashing blood from from his head and he fell on his face.

The other two spun towards Usman in shock. A straight bullet knocked Salah in the forehead and Idris attempted to run but two shots visited his back.

Usman moved closer, kicked the ldris's arm to ensure he was dead. Then moved to the car, opened it, checked for pulse on Abdul's wrist, nodded his confirmation. Pulled Abdul into his car's backseat. Returned to the men looking thoughtfully on what to do with their bodies and car.

Just then Usman spotted a black Cherokee Jeep from a distance approaching. He had to have an explanation for what happened or face demotion which he couldn't stand.

Peter held Susan's third finger and was about pulling it off when the walkie-talkie rang. He looked sharply at the phone and dropped his tool, wiped his hands on Susan's body then took the call.

" hello.... Yes... " eyed Kate and looked away. " she's still okay for now".

" if as much as a strand of hair pulls from her body, you will have the swat team, the military, the police on your assess!". Oscar bellowed.

Peter remained expressionless and asked in a cool complacent tone. " so what gives? Are you complying or still playing balls?".

Oscar paused a little and said. " I'm turning myself in. Bring my daughter to Casto hill. Once she's out of reach, you can have me".

Peter smiled. Pulled one of the seats, sat down, turned to the petrified Kate and asked. " why should I believe you? Why shouldn't I think it's a set up?".

Oscar yelled. "You have a choice! I'm after my daughter! ".

Peter smiled and turned to Bright blankly. " okay. Casto hill it is. What time?".

" 5 pm". Oscar said weakly.

Peter smiled again. " so you're in town?". Then his voice went stern. "Any shady move, I promise you, I'll kill her".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 9:58am On Nov 02, 2019
Having trouble with network. So I have to update here.
Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2019
greatme2good:
Ok I have been reading but I have not been able to register with my moniker here. I have a Google blog account and that username keeps popping up.

Yeah, me too. I have another blog and it keeps popping up. You can try anonymously, then add your name on your comment. still working to perfect it. please bear with me.
Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2019
greatme2good:
Yeah, me too. I have another blog and it keeps popping up. You can try anonymously, then add your name on your comment. still working to perfect it. please bear with me.
Re: The Sacrifice by greatme2good(f): 10:48am On Nov 02, 2019
Susan is the sacrificial lamb. She's being tortured for what she knows nothing about.

I really wished Hixtra killed Boko so Andrew won't have plenty problems escaping.

And lastly I have developed a soft spot for Abdul. I really don't want him to die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2019
greatme2good:
Susan is the sacrificial lamb. She's being tortured for what she knows nothing about.

I really wished Hixtra killed Boko so Andrew won't have plenty problems escaping.

And lastly I have developed a soft spot for Abdul. I really don't want him to die.

Same here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by jenifer007: 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
Interesting as usual....turn this into a movie... I want to act the role of Susan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Ayemileto(m): 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nice one OP.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
Devils touch made front page! na wah oh grin

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 7:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
topher052:
Devils touch made front page! na wah oh grin
It's good bro. No wonder I was just seeing likes on my comments. Congrats boss grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Gbsks: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2019
I sincerely wish Susan loses her pregnancy in the process of the torture, and I also hope Abdul dies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Seen It all

A black Hummer-2 pulled over by the side of the busy road of the suburb crowding with touts and miscreants. Peter sat in front at the passenger side and the ladies sat in-between two thugs in the backseat with Susan nursing the pain on her bandaged fingers.

There was no sign of Oscar amongst the pedestrians strolling pass taking a suspicious look at the jeep that was a misfit in the area.

Peter took off his designer Gucci sun shade and screened through the tinted glass across the road to the old brick and zink houses with kiosks clustered randomly with a dirty filled up drainage in front. Then to the only dilapidated four storey building standing with some juveniles loitering in the front. He looked up at the first storey and saw a young girl with a baby admiring their car at the Terrance.

" why would he chose this filth of all places?". Peter asked Bright in the driver's seat.

" I don't like this sir ". The thug beside Susan said.

" put a bullet in her head if he plays any smart move with us". Peter said calmly with his eyes on the road looking out for Oscar.

The walkie-talkie rang 15 minutes later in their wait.

" Where the hell are you!". Peter spat coldly.

" are you the ones in the black Hummer?" Oscar asked in a controlled tone.

Peter didn't feel like answering because he thought it as a stupid question, regardless he gently uttered. " who else?".

" come out of the car with her, I'm standing in front of a yellow store beside the blue umbrella by your left".

Peter turned immediately to the drivers side and spotted someone in blue hood jacket with a hand in his Jean pocket and the other pressing a phone to his right ear with a backpack hanging on his back looking at them.

" I can't do that. Come closer to the car and give yourself up before anything. I don't trust you, you may have something up your sleeves ". Peter said, screen through for any suspicious move or persons.

" I have what you need in the bag I'm carrying, every damn thing. I want to know if she's with you first before I do anything ". Oscar said feeling nervous.

Peter turned to Bright taking the walkie-talkie away from his ear and covering the mouthpiece with his hand . " what do you think? He want to see the girl first".

" let her stand close to the car with a gun pointed to her back in such a way no one would know. If he tries anything we kill her".

" and risk mass publication? No!". Peter frowned at the suggestion at turned to Oscar.

Just then Peter's iPhone rang in his suit jacket while he made to continue with Oscar. He took it out of his suit jacket. Mayor was calling. He pressed the walkie-talkie on his chest and took the call on his cell phone.

" hello sir? " Peter said in his usual tone without taking his eyes off Oscar.

" what's going on? I heard you went to see Oscar without my consent! Who gave you such authority! ". Mayor bellowed.

" sir, I'm in a middle of a negotiation. Please let me call you back soon". Peter said and hung up, then returned the walkie-talkie to his ear. "She's coming out now. Start moving towards the car. And let me warn you, I have a sniper planted somewhere, don't be smart".

" just get her out of the damn car!". Oscar said coldly.

Peter turned to the thug beside Kate. " be discreet with the gun. Stand with her close to the car".

The thug nodded and opened the door. But Kate held Susan's hand.

"she's coming with me, or I go nowhere!". Kate said confidently looking steadily at Peter.

" what the hell is she talking about. Take her out!". Peter said impatiently turning back to the man in hood.

The thug made to pull Kate out but she began dragging with him screaming on top of her voice. The cry called attention from some onlookers.

Peter sense Kate had created a compromising scene and stormed. " shut the goddamned door!".

Immediately, the thug took in his leg and shut the door.

Some nefarious looking guys smoking in a local gin spot across the road saw the commotion and became suspicious. They had started discussing between themselves and pointing at the jeep ominously. Oscar was at the left side of the car and didn't see what happened.

" this is not good! " Peter said uneasily. " lets get out of here!".

Oscar was surprised to see that the car had kicked start. He watched helplessly as they slowly entered the road and began driving off. Immediately, he began calling a number.

Susan felt like she swallowed something eating up her intestines. She suddenly felt nausea and went pale. Kate kept looking at her father who was on the phone running after them as the car was driving off.

" change of plans! Hurry up with plan B, they are leaving! Hurry!" Oscar yelled on the phone running after the jeep from a safe distance.

Sandra was way ahead of Andrew. She had forgotten about everything else save one mission: To get as far as possible away from the region and from the reach of Boko.

Andrew was out of breath as he ran after Sandra. He couldn't keep up the pace any further lagging way behind.

Sandra stepped her feet on a broken bottle and flinched lifting up her leg swiftly. She pulled off the piece and made to run gain but decided to look behind her and then spotted Andrew staggering behind her. She hesitated, but on a second thought ran to fetch him, grabbed him up, hauled him on her shoulder and began running.

It was already getting bright and she was beginning to get worried. She had ran for an hour and was now standing to find her bearing.

She had never left the cave since 40 years ago when she was 29 years old during the age grade compulsory hunting training. She had never left her jurisdiction which was around the vicinity nor been caught by sunlight which was rumoured to melt one to sand.

Sandra gently dropped Andrew looking lost. She made to take different directions but stopped half way. Andrew sensed her confusion and held her hand.
"Hmmm!". He said pointing towards the direction to Jaga's mountain.

She winced confusingly at him.

" Hmmm!". Andrew repeated pointing at the direction.

She looked up to the sky and became nervously scared. Then hauled Andrew to her shoulder again and followed his direction.

It was already day light by the time they arrived the mountain. The sun looked new to Sandra, she was expecting to melt but didn't. So she stood admiring it forgetting she was supposed to stay out of sight.

Andrew was down from her shoulder. He ran into Mutum's cave in search for anything of value; grabbed some few clothes made of animal skin. The meat had decayed. He searched for anything else and Sandra's loud groaning called his attention.

Immediately, he ran out and found her looking for him. She saw him and looked at him as though he was bathed in something hazardous. Then immediately grabbed his shoulder still in same look, then abruptly let him go and started viewing the top of the mountain.

Andrew gently held her hand to lead her up the mountain but she withdrew it in shocking reflex and then relaxed on seeing it was him. Turned to the direction of the sun again, shielded her eyes from it with her hand still admiring it and looking at her body that hasn't melted yet.

" Hmmm!" Andrew said impatiently pointing up the mountain.

She followed his direction and returned to the sun. She giggled and was in awe of its beauty .

Andrew was impatiently waiting. He was worried sick that Boko would trail them down to the place, but Sandra seem to be enjoying the heat on her skin and the beauty of the yellow ball in the sky.

An approaching car was spotted directly in front of them. Andrew was paralyzed with fear. He turned to Sandra who seem captivated by the car and curiously looking.

" hmm!". He said dragging her by the hand into Mutum's cave.

She remained immovable, still looking. Andrew had to abandon her and ran to the back of the back of the mountain.

The four men in the car saw Sandra and was flabbergasted. The driver, a fat, stout man couldn't believe his eyes as he drove closer.

" what's that?". The slim tall man beside the driver asked in amazement.

"Is that human?". A bald at the back asked moving forward.

Sandra was excitedly looking at the small creature with loud noise. She wondered what kind of animal it was. Immediately she looked around for anything to hunt it down with and found a big rock. She picked it up and ran after the approaching car.

The driver shouted in horror. " woh! It is coming! ". Before he could swerve off, the rock slammed hard on the windscreen and he drove adjacent direction speedily.

Sandra caught sight of the men in the car and was surprised to see humans in the belle of the strange creature. She stood watching as the car sped away.

Andrew slowly came out of his hiding looking behind the fading rear of the green Daewoo. He turned to Sandra who seem to have forgotten all about Boko and was feeling like a freed slave.

The men in the car pulled over and examined the damage on the windscreen.

" who was that?". Isa, the driver said still in shock.

" or you should have asked what was that?". Ibrahim, the slim tall guy in front added, looking in wonder at the size of the rock thrown with ease at them.

" that could be a giant. Did you see the thick long dreadlocks and massive breast?". Shaggi, the only dark skin with the rest of the Arabians added.

Isa went into the car and fetched his phone. Shaggi turned to him and asked. " what are you doing?".

" calling the police!". Isa shot at him and started dialing.

" or should you call the military. The police can't do much about that thing". Musa, the bald guy said after trying to move the rock in futile effort.

" hello". Isa said as the phone connected. Good day sir. We have an issue. A beast is on the loose. It's a danger to humanity".

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
topher, thanks for updating here, lemme catch some ghost reader

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
BankyGee:
grin
BankyGee:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by jenifer007: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thank you topher
Re: The Sacrifice by Tonyspecial(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
Nice One
Re: The Sacrifice by Gbsks: 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
Topher Abeg Susan gats lose that pregnancy oh, no fall my hand wink grin
Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
A beast will soon turn beasts now, once Boko and the rest shows up.

Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: / The One I Love / Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.