Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

The Sacrifice - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Sacrifice (78186 Views)

The Sacrifice / The Sacrifice / HORROR!!! The Sacrifice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2019
W shocked W, topher052, you are a wow. Don't know what to say, just feeling wow-ish shocked

I love Andrew's brute COURAGE. No sign of FEAR, just FAITH
topher052, I salute you smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 11:05am On Sep 17, 2019
Chapter Nine

"what are we going to do!". Susan cried looking behind her at the approaching jeep.

Andrew said nothing, his mind was working. There was a sand hill in front of him, he began driving towards it.

A gunshot echoed behind them. Susan let out a loud scream and lowered her head. Andrew continued driving sweat drenching his cloth, he faintly felt the pain on his side, every nerve in his body stood in tension.

Another gunshot, he turned and what he saw was demoralizing, they were evidently nudging closer. " not today! Not today;". He reminded himself.

" move this car! Kill that dog! Don't kill him, I want him alive! Shoot him down!". Abdul raged.

The sand contented with the speed of the van as he approached the sand hill. The van's engine cried as Andrew pushed harder the throttle against the encumbrance.

" what are you doing!". Susan yelled. " they are catching up on us! Get us out of here!". She cried.

The tire of the car suddenly got stuck in the sand. Susan became hysterical, she literally turned looking at the jeep that was now closer. " we're dead!". She cried.

Andrew abruptly opened the door and turned to Susan. " get down!". He hastily said as he jumped out of the van. His side suddenly hurt like a hot coal placed inside his stomach, he sagged on one knee and stood up again, started staggering up the hill falling at intervals Susan helping him up.

Abdul's jeep packed behind Andrews van. He jumped down firing like a deranged man yelling at his men. " go after them! Get them!".

Andrew and Susan fell on their stomach as the gun fire continued. Andrew looked and saw the men fast approaching. He turned to Susan, raising her face to his, looking into her eyes he said." We're getting out of this alive! Do you trust me!".

The petrified Susan didn't know what to respond, another gunshot fired past them, she made to look but Andrew held her face to his and gave her a reassuring smile. " do you trust me!". Susan swallowed hard and nodded. He stood up , pulled her by the hand and started running, ignoring the stabbing pain on his side.

Abdul was In front hastily pushing his way through the sand eating his foot. His men lag behind struggling with the sand swallowing their boots. " shoot him! Kill that dog!". Abdul yelled at his men and released several shots but missed as Andrew and Susan continued running.

Andrew became tired and out of breath, he staggered on pulling Susan with him. He cared little of the gunshots slightly missing them. The top of the hill was farther than Abdul and his men who were few distance behind.

Abdul continued racing hopefully as he came closer. He took out his gun and fired but missed. He then decided to stop shooting since the possibility of skinning them alive was becoming realistic. His men opened fire but he waved them to stop.

Andrew suddenly fell, completely exhausted. Susan tried to pull him up but he held her hand and said in a weak tone. " go! I can't die! Leave me and go!".

Susan turned behind her to Abdul who was smiling maliciously as he got closer. She turned to Andrew, held his hand with tears running from her eyes. " I can't! I can't!".

" I'll never forgive you if you don't leave!". Andrew said angrily.

She suddenly exploded in confusing, Andrew looked startled at her, she met his eyes and said. " that makes the both of us". Then she laid on his chest.

Abdul saw the love birds together and stopped to catch his breath. This was so pathetic to him and the same time amusing. He turned to his men and breathlessly said to. " they're close! Hurry up and get them!".

Andrew turned to the men coming for them and said to Susan. " not today". Susan smiled, wiped the tears from her eyes, nodded and said.

" I know". and chuckled.

Andrew turned again to the men now strolling up the hill, smiled and said to Susan without taking his eyes away from them. " they think they have gotten a trophy".

Susan followed Andrews gaze, her heart sank into her stomach, she turned to her husbands smiling face and wondered why he was so complacent. She turned to the men again and saw the terrified look on their faces. Abdul too was also struck with the same thing the men saw. She turned behind her and saw a massive dust approaching with the wind. It was a great tornado.

" it's time!". Andrew said taking off his shirt, he tore it into two places and handed one to Susan.

Susan eyed him suspiciously, like he was nut. " what are you doing?". She asked.

" trust me!" And said smiling " tie your nose!". He tied his and struggled up to his feet, held Susan's hand but she hesitated. Again he said. " trust me". She allowed herself to be led towards the horrific wind and dust.

Abdul saw Andrew moving, he shook the fear away and yelled." They are getting away! Kill them!"

The men took out their guns but the wind had covered their target. The men quickly dropped their guns, turned to Abdul hesitantly hoping he'd call for retreat, looking at the approaching wind.

" get them!" Abdul shouted and stopped, his face changed into a frightened awe when he saw how boisterous the wind was. He turned behind him but it was too late to retreat, he quickly pulled the muffler off one of his men's neck and wrapped his nose with, laid on his tummy.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2019
Andrew is really courageous
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2019
First to Like, Share and Comment!
pu7pl3, another blockbuster update!

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by do4luv14(m): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2019
Wa lai no be today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 11:26am On Sep 17, 2019
do4luv14:
Wa lai no be today
True talk egbon!

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by izaray(f): 11:36am On Sep 17, 2019
do4luv14:
Wa lai no be today
I swear no be today cheesy

Thanks for the update

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by pu7pl3(m): 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
BankyGee:
First to Like, Share and Comment!
pu7pl3, another blockbuster update!

Thanks gee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Gvnl(f): 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
I admire Andrew's courage and Faith in God.

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ann2012:
Andrew is really courageous Thanks for the update
Wait, how did you do it?
Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
BankyGee:

Wait, how did you do it?
Do what?
Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ann2012:
Do what?
Steal my FTC space

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by germaphobe(m): 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
we die here but certainly "not today"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by greatme2good(f): 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2019
I really love this new slogan "Not today" smiley wink kiss
Topher the genius!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 6:58am On Sep 19, 2019
greatme2good:
I really love this new slogan "Not today" smiley wink kiss
Topher the genius!
Ahbi, 2019 slogan grin
Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 7:03am On Sep 19, 2019
JulietFab2, don't read without liking, sharing and commenting. I monitor all ghost reading activities down here wink

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 7:25am On Sep 19, 2019
BankyGee:

Steal my FTC space
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 9:54am On Sep 19, 2019
Chapter Ten

Andrew held on to Susan's hand firmly as the wind pushed hard against them. Their knees were on the sand because they were unable to move anymore due to the force of the wind. Susan held on to Andrews waist and her head pressed on his back as they started to be pulling off the ground. In a short while, their feet went off into the air and the wind spun them several times before shooting them out, but Andrew never let go of Susan's hand ignoring the pain threatening to kill him.

The wind came towards Abdul, took two of his men who were still standing up into the air, while they spun, a sharp iron stabbed one in the chest before it rapidly spew them both away on different directions.

Abdul remained on his tummy, face pressed in the sand resisting the force trying to spin him. He fought back pressing his body into the ground.

After the wind left, Abdul was buried in the sand. He pushed his himself up, spew sand off his mouth and shook it off his head and body as he stood up. He looked around but found three of his men staggering up and dusting off sand from themselves. He searched for the other two but they were no where on site. Then he started digging his hands into the sand for his gun, he searched around him before he found it deeply covered in sand. He looked up for Andrew but didn't see any sign of him. He turned to his men and shouted. " where are the!" His men gave him a puzzled look. Then he added walking ahead " lets go find that dog!".

The four of them matched up the hill and one of Abduls men saw a hand shooting out from the sand. He called others attention to it." Body!".

Abdul jumped and raced towards him, pushed every one aside and dug off the sand to reveal one of his men's face, he was dead. This was not Andrew. Abdul cursed under his breath and continued matching forward abandoning the body there.

They climbed up to the top, there was no trace of Andrew and Susan.

"look!". Another of Abduls' men shouted pointing down the hill in front of them to something that looks like a foot shooting out in the sand.

" check it out!". Abdul said calmly.

Two of his men raced down the hill while Abdul slowly followed from behind. The men dug it open and looked up with a stricken face.

" what?" Abdul asked.

" Ahmed!". One of the men answered.

Abdul continued down the hill looking on different directions but Andrew and Susan were still out of sight. He sagged on his butt with his AK on his laps dusting the sand from his hair. " where have they gone to?". He wondered.

One of his men slowly walked up to him and said. " I think should be buried somewhere around here".

" we must find them, dead or alive. We must find them!" Abdul said standing to his feet and began stabbing the tip of his gun into the sand in search for them.

Susan stood up and shook the sand off her body. She looked around for Andrew but couldn't find him, immediately she sprang up in panic spun around in search for Andrew. " baby!". She called as she went on her knees digging around her for him. " baby!" She cried.

Andrew pulled himself up from the sand behind Susan, spitting out sand from his mouth. Susan abruptly turned and jumped in joy, ran to him, hugged him but he flinched and groaned in pain holding his side. The bandage was gone and the tip of the stiches was opening. Susan eyed at the cut and covered her mouth in hysteria. Andrew quickly covered it up with his hand and struggled to his feet biting back pain.

" its okay!". He said without looking at Susan and examined where they were.

Their van and Abduls jeep packed a few distance at their left. He immediately looked out for Abdul and his men in sudden realization and called on to Susan who was still confounded. " lets go!". Limping towards the jeep.

He came close, opened the door, looked at the ignition and found the key, he smiled, entered the car, turned on the engine and it responded. " get in!". He called on to Susan. She hurried into the passengers side, he reversed and drove off.

Abdul heard the sound of a car engine, turned to his men in a surprised look and Immediately started up the hill again with his men behind.

Andrew had gone far enough before Abdul got to the top. He emptied the bullet in his gun towards Andrew car distance away in frustration. He stopped shooting and sagged on his knees looking dejected at the dust raised by Andrews jeep. His eyes caught the van packed, I sudden life came into him, he stood up and started rushing down the hill to the van.

Andrew raced with every reckless speed down to no where, but he tried to avoid the location he came from. Susan kept stealing glances at Andrews stitch, she wanted to do something about the water that was now coming out, but Andrew was too occupied at the moment, so she prayed for a kind of miracle.

After driving for about an hour, he spotted the mountain the strange man had showed them earlier in a distance. And suddenly the jeep started slowing down and eventually stopped.

" what is going on?". Susan asked in alarm.

" I don't know!". Andrew said looking at the faulty fuel gage.

He opened the door of the car and went to the bonnet. Checked for water and other vitals before he discovered he had ran out of fuel.

" what is it?". Susan asked with a scared look behind Andrews shoulder.

Andrew heaved and said. " fuel!". He turned towards the mountain and said to Susan. "lets pay that weirdo a visit".

" push the damn car!". Abdul yelled at his men as they gave in all their strength pushing the van out of the sand with someone pressing hard on the throttle.

The van suddenly started moving out. And soon the it was out, the guy in the drivers seat moved to the passengers side for Abdul, he jumped into the drivers side and his men followed in the back seat. He followed Andrews tire trail driving desperately fast.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by izaray(f): 11:01am On Sep 19, 2019
Alex faith works for him, not today!

Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by dawno2008(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2019
Na so,one day at a time,Andrew and susan are the real deal,the one and only true survival

Thanks topher052,pls keep it flowing

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2019
Chapter Ten

Andrew and Susan got to the mountain taking a narrow lead behind and began climbing. Andrew was too weak to push himself up, but he tried all the same with Susan's little nudging.

After climbing a storey high, there was no sign of human habitation in view as everything was rock and sand.

" are you sure he lives here?". Andrew asked Susan sitting on a small rock, gnashing his teeth in pain.

Susan eyed his injury, it looked bad, water dripping and the stiches opening. She needed to be hopeful for that was the only thing she could do. With Andrews question, she turned around desperately, looking for anything that could give a clue but found nothing. Then she turned to Andrew and said. " stay here, I'll continue".

Andrew grabbed her hands, standing up he said." No! I won't allow you go about alone, it's dangerous".

She smiled and asked." And you can protect me?"

Andrew ignored her and made to move in front of her but she held him back." Please sit down dear, you're badly hurt. I'm the one to protect you now. I don't think you can survive this injury if you continue like this".

Andrew still insisted, but she forced him down, so he gave up and began nursing the excruciating pain eating deep in his side with great difficulty to look strong for Susan.

Susan left Andrew and continued the climbing. She had climbed about four storey high and when she looked down, it felt like she was falling, she immediately withdrew her eyes. Susan has phobia for heights but this time she braved it and climbed on.

Andrew looked for what to cover his injury with around him but found just stones, sticks and sand. He suddenly found himself praying that Susan sees the weird man. He could feel himself growing weaker and dizzy. But what feared him more was the fiver that was setting in. His temperature had gone up, his lips dried and eyes turning white. This was not a good sign. " not here! Not like this! Not today!". He reassured himself and prayed for a miracle.

Susan had gone high enough, she couldn't look down anymore, it was obvious to her that climbing down would be her greatest nightmare. But she pulled herself up the upper layer and when she was now on her feet trying to climb the next layer, she saw something that made her scream. A big black cobra coiled for an attack.

Andrew heard Susan's scream, he called her name but his voice surprised him, it sounded different. He struggled to his feet, the fiver had taken hold on him and the pain hampering his movement. Again he tried to call her but his voice was more of a dry whisper. He tried to hold a rock for support to climb but he couldn't pull himself up. " baby!". He called in his frustration.

Jaga sat in front of a fire with a rat hanging on a stick across a fire when he heard the shout, he screened the voice in his head in a jiffy and immediately jumped on his feet, grabbed his forged arrows and bow and ran out .

Jaga lived in a dimly illuminated cave inside the rock. The shapeless surroundings didn't give the place an habitable ambience. Rock laid on almost every sides, a six foot person would need to bend all the way inside. Just one narrow entrance and exit that one would have to crawl through. Jaga used a rock to cover it so that no one would suspect such thing was there.

Susan eyed the snake in absolute fear, she stood still shivering as the snake coiled itself waiting to strike as soon as she moves. Susan couldn't think, her mind was completely shut down, all she could see was death waiting to take her.

The snake remained where it was hissing, its head spread like an Egyptian wig and tongue shooting out looking ominously at Susan.

Jaga came from the opposite direction behind the snake. He saw the snake before Susan and abruptly said. " don't move! Remain where you are!". Then arrange his arrow to shoot.

Susan was so relieved to see him, but she couldn't shake off the tension before her for a smile.

The snake turned immediately towards Jaga still coiled. Jaga moved circumspectly towards the snake with his arrow pointed at it. The snake suddenly attacked Jaga's feet in a swift spring. Susan let out another loud scream that made Andrew desperate to climb up. But the snake narrowly missed its target as Jaga jumped over it and stood in front of Susan.

The snake coiled again still hissing, its head smartly raised at its rival, threatening to strike again.

" are you okay?". Jaga asked calmly.

Susan nodded, still eyeing the ominous dancing of the snake.

Jaga aimed his arrow and shot, the snake dodged and jumped towards Jaja's foot. Again Susan screamed louder jumping away from Jaga. Andrew almost fainted where he was, he struggled up the mountain with every ounce of strength in him, the fiver was kicking in violently and the pain unbearable, he was shaking but kept moving calling Susan's name.

While the snake attached, Jaja strike it with his bowl towards a rock close by, he quickly picked up a sizeable rock from the floor and threw it at the snake. His aim was timely; the stone smashed the snake's head as it made to attack again. It coiling around the rock on its head. Jaga moved closer and pulled it up by the tail. The head was completely smashed. He turned to a petrified Susan looking with horror at the defeated serpent and said in an award smile. " dinner is served".

Andrew tried again to go up a rock step, he couldn't, his limps shook tremulously but he kept trying calling Susan's name.

A crackling sound startled him. He jumped towards the direction, knowing fully well he couldn't do much in his current situation. The sound came closer, all he could hear himself say was " not today! Not here!".

A large leopard strolled out, Andrew eyed it unbelievably and remained still with his heart throbbing fast, the animal suddenly changed to an alligator strolling pass. He heaved a sigh of relief and an approaching sound startled him from behind, he slowly limped towards it hoping it was Susan and not something dangerous. The joy he felt when he saw Jaga approaching was what he couldn't express. His feet became too weak he sagged on the floor and everything went blank.

Abdul spotted the jeep and drove towards it, packed behind it, alighted from his van and rushed to look inside the jeep for any trace of Andrew and Susan. When he saw nothing, he searched for foot trail but the wind had covered it up. He then screened the vicinity, there was nothing in view save for a mountain.

" they can't survive a long walk under this sun, they're up that mountain!". Abdul said confidently. Then he went to get his gun from the van and said to his men. " we have a catching to do".

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by izaray(f): 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by daddio(m): 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2019
Wow! Thanks for the update brother, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by pu7pl3(m): 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
That fever is mad o,Andrew is now hearing things and seeing leopards and alligators grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by germaphobe(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2019
they no fit give up(abdul), dem no fit leave my man and him wife

3 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by abefeabebi(m): 10:30pm On Sep 20, 2019
this Abdul mad ooooo. bravo Topher052

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 10:32am On Sep 21, 2019
Make Abdul leave this people na

Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by moorevic(m): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
AM roving ris story

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by JulietFab2(f): 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
BankyGee:
JulietFab2, don't read without liking, sharing and commenting. I monitor all ghost reading activities down here wink
.Lol. �

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2019
Chapter Eleven

"what happened?". Susan's alarmed voice echoed from behind Jaga, she ran towards Andrew and knelt beside him shaking him rigorously."baby! Stop this!".

Jaga moved slowly to Andrew, knelt opposite Susan and placed his ears on his chest. Then looked at Susan and said. " he's alive! I think he's caught a fever. He's burning. We need to get him care fast". Standing to his feet, he pulled Andrew up, with Susan's help they hauled him with great difficulty to Jagas' shoulder and he staggered with his balance before getting back his stand.

The way up was going to be challenging, he was already being weighed down by the weight on his shoulder.

" how are we going to get up there?". Susans' panicked voice echoed.

Jaga said nothing, he held the first step and tried, but he couldn't pull himself up, Susan immediately assisted with a nudge using her back on Andrews butt, yet their effort was futile. Jaga then decided to push Andrew up first; this took ample struggle before they got Andrew up on the upper layer.

Jaga sagged on the floor catching his breath, Susan rested her back on the rock breathing heavily. Her mind was troubled, she was scared for Andrews condition. She knew taking Andrew up wouldn't be easy but she needn't bring it up to discourage the already fatigued Jaga.

"please lets continue!". Susan suddenly sounded desperate standing in front of Jaga.

Jaga eyed her maliciously and stormed angrily." What are you talking about! Can't you see the extent of what we're going to take him through? Just the first and I'm this tired". Jaga stood on his feet hesitating.

Susan perceived what was brewing in his head, it paralyzed her with frustration. She knew she had to persuade him, she was already traumatized by everything, so she came on to Jaga in full force." please! I beg you in the name of everything you hold dear, please help us!". Tears accompanied her pleading, shaking Jaga by his arms looking into his face to see his resolution.

Jaga avoided her face and said grudgingly." We can't get him up there until he's well".

Susan knew he was right and slowly left him, drooped on her butt crying miserably. Jaga eyed her pitifully and murmured. "I can make a tent here and try to fix him, that's the least I can do" scratching his head he added."but I'm not a doctor! We can only hope for a miracle".

Susan felt a surge of hope as she sprang to her feet hugged Jaga firmly, then released him slowly and said with her face beaming gratefully. " oh! Thank you! Thank you so much! That's okay with me!".

Jaga flushed and turned away scratching his sandy coloured hair. Then moved to climb and said to Susan. " stay with him, be back in a jiffy". She nodded and watched him climb up.

Abdul was at the other side of the mountain snooping up suspected clues. He had climbed about nine feet and yet no sign. His three men tried the other corners, every one of them armed to kill.

A reptile crawled out from behind Abdul. He transferred his aggression to the poor creature, pointed his gun to fire but refrained when he thought of spooking Andrew. Instead he chased after the creature, but couldn't get it as the reptile ran down the mountain. " if I catch you! I'm going to cut off your balls and make you eat it before I skin and roast you and your witch alive". He said under his breath and continued his search.

Susan sat impatiently beside Andrew waiting for Jaga, she feared that Andrew may not make it, his side was bringing out whitish fluid, the opening has expanded, although she had covered it up with a part of her jean left foot she tore, yet the sight she saw tormented her.

Andrew was burning, he was still immobile but sweating profusely. She prayed for Jaga to come in time before something bad happens.

Eight feet under, one of Abduls' men moving slowly towards Susan, he wasn't aware that Susan was there, not for long anyway.

Susan heard footsteps and looked up sharply, but heaved a sigh of relief when Jaga surfaced with an old brown paper box in his hand.

He came closer and dropped the box beside Andrew; took out a 10cl bottle with a dark liquid inside, a water bottle, an handkerchief, a piece of cloth and a something wrapped in black nylon.

Susan watched him silently unpacking. He pulled Andrews head up and forced the liquid into his mouth.

" what's that?". She asked in disgust frowning at the stench emitted by the substance.

"you don't want to know. Please help me with his head". Jaga replied trying to pass the liquid down Andrews throat.

Susan joined him forcing Andrews mouth open and placed his head on her thigh.

The substance in the bottle reeked of a rotten leafs mixed with urine and other repulsive things she couldn't make out. Slowly a little went down Andrews' throat and he winced moving his mouth. She was happy to see him move and this resurrected optimism.

Jaga opened the nylon to unveil brown dust mixed with some blackish stuff. He loosened the cloth from Andrews injury, the cut was wet with brown and whitish slimy fluid. Susan reacted frantically to it but Jaga remained expressionless.

He took several pinch from the dust and applied it on the face of the injury until it covered it up. He looked at the remaining in the nylon, frowned, wrapped it up and put back in the box. Brought out another bottle of soldier ants from the box. Susan eyed him suspiciously and held his hand.

" what are you doing!". Her voice stern. He looked at Susan's hand on his wrist and instinct told her to let go. When she did, he continued, taking the ants out one-by-one, placing the head between Andrews injury for them to bite together before he cuts of their heads. Andrew moved his lips reacting to the pain but remained still.

The ants served very well as a stitch for the opening, before Jaga wrapped it up with the cloth. He poured some water from the water bottle to wet a piece of cloth and wiped Andrews face, neck and chest with it, then turned to Susan with beads of sweat on his forehead and said with a hint of uncertainty." Lets pray he responds to it".

Susan suddenly froze looking behind Jaga with fright on her face. Jaga wondered what she hand seen, but before he turned behind him a voice said something in Arabic. Abduls' man was standing with a gun pointed at them.

" you...you..." He attempted in English and stopped not knowing what to say.

Susan was completely paralyzed in fear and remained in her position, to her it was over.

The man slowly moved closer eyeing Andrew then turned to Susan saying something she couldn't understand.

" he said we should stand up". Jaga interpreted standing to his feet.

Susan joined him and the man moved to shake Andrews shoulder, looked at the covering and then screamed something in Arabic.

" he's calling on others! We're dead!". Jaga said to Susan in a low pathetic tone.

Susan remembered what Andrew had told her at the sand hill." No matter what happens, keep going, trust me, we're not going back there". He had said amidst gunshots.

She impulsively jumped on the man throwing her weight on him and Andrews' body behind tripped him over, he let out a gunshot before they reached the ground.

The gun fired spooked Abdul in his ridiculous goose chase. He jumped facing the direction of the sound.

Susan held the mans neck like her life depended on killing him while he pushed her face hard." help..help me!". Susan called the confused Jaga who stood watching the struggle.

Like something dawned on Jaga, he shook off the spell and rushed towards Susan.

The man punched Susan hard on the jaw and tried in vain to get her off him as she refused bulge, instead she bent over and bite him in the neck. Jaga launched a kick in the mans face and released several other kicks.

With a sudden surge of strength, the man threw Susan off him and yanked to his feet eyeing his gun lying between them. Jaga was overtaken by fear and almost ran away. Susan swiftly picked up a rock and threw at the man, he dodge it, she picked another one but the man quickly rushed to his gun, picked it up and was about firing when Jaga rushed and pushed him off the cliff.

Abdul saw his man fall passed him, he watched him land on a rock and his head burst open in front of the last of Abduls men who was trying to climb up. He looked up at Abdul and then eyed his mate in horror.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Gvnl(f): 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2019
Abdul is about to get the biggest shock of his life. One with God is majority!

Thanks for the update dear.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by uchedora(f): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2019
please don't let Abdul come down there alive.Beautiful story

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: / The One I Love / Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.