Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

The Sacrifice - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Sacrifice (78112 Views)

The Sacrifice / The Sacrifice / HORROR!!! The Sacrifice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sacrifice by extremelygolden: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Superb
Re: The Sacrifice by 1Teethosin(m): 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
bless you back to back topher
Re: The Sacrifice by clumsydyna: 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
BankyGee:

I monitor all ghost-reading activity on this thread, so, it's my ghost, or should I call topher052 for you?
Bankygee, chairman ghost reading monitoring committee I hail thee.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by Creeza(m): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
the last update was a bomb. Ride on Topher
Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
clumsydyna:
Bankygee, chairman ghost reading monitoring committee I hail thee.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by judemmesoma(m): 10:36am On Dec 12, 2019
thanks @ Topher
Re: The Sacrifice by royalguy123(m): 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2019
@TOPHER 052 you are still the best anytime any day I Duff my hat

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by Ifyclaire: 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
Topher you are really a born writer. I could not stop reading because the suspense was much. You are the best bro. Keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
Ifyclaire:
Topher you are really a born writer. I could not stop reading because the suspense was much. You are the best bro. Keep it coming.
Thanks for renouncing ghostism, I am very happy grin

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by Ifyclaire: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2019
Lol don't mind me. I was trying to finish the chapters. Topher is good joo.

BankyGee:

Thanks for renouncing ghostism, I am very happy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by gly(m): 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2019
greatme2good:
Why do I have this feeling the elders will dump Abdul after using him.

NO WAY!!! As it stands, Abdul is indispensable with respect to this game, because he seems to know too much!

Topher more ink to your pen and more blessings to you from God almighty.
BankyGee I go buy you that special gun wey sniper dey use!!! grin. The monitoring na top notch! Kudos!!!
To all my fellow followers and readers, God bless for encouraging our indisputable writer...topher052!!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by Goldensword: 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
Abdul's bravery is out of this world, every time i finish reading about this tough character, i feel a hot passion to join the army i swear, my only problem is once i remember how authorities in army treat their men i feel discouraged. Abdul is my best character in this movie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Jumluv18(f): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2019
Update please

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by ugnoble: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
I signed in here today since here is so quite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by jadeliyi(m): 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
oga topher052 abeg come and update! .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2019
Chapter Fifty

Swimming with fools

Abdul entered the busy hospital hall and looked around for any of the ladies. He saw a nurse forcing a snack and soft drink hurriedly into her mouth. Immediately, he went to her. " excuse me, I'm looking for someone involved in that explosion earlier today".

She looked at him with her mouth full and mumbled something pointing towards a narrow path at her right filled with busy people; both patients and staff then quickly rushed her drink and disappeared through a door behind her.

Abdul turned to the direction and walked slowly towards it with his eyes looking out for the girls.

People pushed passed him as they went to-fro but Abdul cared less. He looked into every opened door and opened the ones that were shut, every ward was filled with all categories of patients. He walked to the last but there was no sign of the girls.

A door opened by his left in front and a doctor came out with man. The man shook hands with the doctor and both of them strolled away.

Abdul felt he needed to go through each ward again and look at the faces of each patient but something in his heart kept pricking him to see who was in the room the two men came out from. After a momentary hesitation, he moved forward and entered through the door.

Every four bed arranged in twos in the ward was occupied. Two nurses were bandaging a mans' head at the outer bed and turned to Abdul with an inquisitive glare. Abdul immediately spoke up. " please, I'm looking for my girlfriend, can I look through?".

The nurses exchanged considering glance and one of them nodded and they continued with their job.

Abdul slowly scanned through each of the patient; the man they were attending to was a middle aged Chinese, the bed behind him was a young Arabian girl with an amputated leg, but she was not Kate. He moved to the next two beds; an older man whose one eye and chest was wrapped in bandage was quivering in pain with a clinched teeth and hand on his chest, he took no notice of Abdul. Abdul felt he was being pathetic and hissed in disgust.

Turning to the bed behind, his eyes fell on someone lying by the corner of the bed. Immediately, Abdul rushed over and saw Susan lying face up. His heart sunk into his tummy and ceased his breath for few seconds. He stood completely paralyzed looking at Susan.

" hello!".

The call of one of the nurses started him. He turned to them and one of the nurses asked. " have you seen her?".

"yes! What happened to her?". Abdul found the courage to speak.

" who?". The nurse asked.

"that African girl". Abdul said pointing to Susan.

" oh, she had a miscarriage due to the impact of the explosion. She's fighting for her life. Are you the fa....". The nurse paused when she realized it was not in her place to give that information.

Abdul felt he could hear the shattering of his heart breaking like broken glasses. His feet suddenly felt weak and he supported himself with the rail of the bed beside him.

" It's okay sir. She will survive it. Have seen cases more critical than hers". The other nurse quickly added.

Abdul's emotional melt down immediately turned to hot revenge to make the elders pay for hurting his unborn child.

There was a shout outside. The nurses ran out to see what it was about.

Abdul moved close to Susan and stood beside her bed looking down at her bruised, yet beautiful face. And there was a gunshot sound, this moved him, his heart went straight to Hafiz. Immediately, he ran out and saw people running towards his direction. Abdul pushed his way through and saw his men, Mayor and Hafiz holding down the man he saw earlier at gunpoint. Immediately Abdul forced his way hurriedly so he could stop them from coming to Susan's ward.

" where is your bitch of a daughter! Bring her here now!". Mayor bellowed at Oscar who was sitting on the floor in front of him with a bleeding kneel.

Oscar was still hurting from the bullet wound on his knee and held on to his leg ignoring Mayor.

The furious Mayor corked the pistol, placed it on Oscar's head and was about to shoot.

" stop!". Abdul commanded walking swiftly towards them.

Everyone's attention turned to Abdul as he came closer.

" who is he?". Abdul asked Mayor.

" the bloody Oscar that murdered my son in cold-blood before my eyes and tortured me!". Mayor replied in a venomous tone.

Abdul had no business whatsoever what happens to the strange man, his concern was Susan.

" lets take him away and report to the elders first, I think they may have plans for him". Abdul suggested.

" no! I want that daughter of his!". Mayor retorted.

" she's dead!". Oscar said without looking up.

Everyone turned to him.

" Who?". Abdul asked Oscar.

" my daughter. She died from the bomb blast. Now we are even!". Oscar said looking maliciously at Mayor.

Mayor scoffed at Oscar and said. " that's a lie!". He turned to the men and ordered. " search the place and bring me every Arabian girl of 25 and below.

Abdul wanted to say something but refrained. He heaved and looked away believing they don't really know Susan and had no business with her.

Hafiz moved closer to Abdul while the men went in radically in search for Susan.

" you look nervous. Everything okay?". Hafiz asked suspiciously.

Abdul took a glance at him and looked away.

Oscar was so uncomfortable and Mayor seem to be enjoying it as he fixed his eyes on Oscar who constantly looked behind him uneasily.

The men began carrying young Arabian girls out on their beds, and pushing those who couldn't walk out, and soon the place was crowded with young Arabian girls, both conscious and unconscious ones.

Mayor slowly began going through each looking carefully at their faces. Oscar now was pale and evidently shaking. Abdul too was worried in his stomach but was aware of Hafiz's constant gaze at him.

Mayor stopped in front of one of the beds and was looking down at a young unconscious girl, then his face turned to grin.

" I have found her!". He said and turned to Oscar whose heart had drained every blood in him. " your bitch!". Then he placed the gun in the middle of Kate's chest.

" please! Kill me! I'm the cause of it all! Leave my Innocent daughter alone. Please I beg you! She's in coma fighting for her life please!". Oscar laid on his tummy begging Mayor in tears.

Mayor liked seeing Oscar in that emotional condition. He smiled and slowly started pulling his finger on the trigger showing Oscar his teeth.

A voice on megaphone startled Mayor and he pulled away abruptly looking at the direction the voice was coming from.

" this is the police! You're surrounded. Drop your guns and come out with your hands on your heads!".

Abdul slowly snuck out but Hafiz caught him and followed him.

Abdul's men were confused, the two men who were to give orders had disappeared, Mayor automatically became their leader.

Abdul entered Susan's ward and walked to her. She was still fast asleep. The door opened and Hafiz surfaced, both men jammed eyeballs -to-eyeballs.

" who is that?". Hafiz asked as he walked in.

Abdul moved In front of Susan and shielded her with his body. " she's no business of yours!".

Hafiz had always hated Abdul and wanted to have something to pin him down with. So he moved closer hoping it was something implicating.

" who is that?". Hafiz asked again stretching his neck to get a better look.

" Lets get the hell out of here!". Abdul said harshly trying to push Hafiz away.

" get your hands off me! Who is that?". Hafiz's voice suddenly became stern.

Abdul knew he had to let him be and face whatsoever comes out of it squarely.

" she's my wife! So now you know!". Abdul said facing Hafiz.

Hafiz nodded and said. " lets go handle the cops first, I'll like to know who this lady that brought you here is".

" after you!". Abdul said, waiting for Hafiz to move.

Hafiz moved out and Abdul followed from behind.

At the main hall, the men were positioned at the windows with their guns pointed. Mayor stood at a corner peeping through a small opening, and when he noticed someone behind, he jerked around and saw Hafiz and Abdul.

" where have you guys been?". He asked hastily.

Hafiz moved passed him to the window while Abdul stylishly went to check on Kate, she was still how she was and he then moved slowly to join them.

" come out now! Last warning!". The megaphone resounded.

" what do we do?". Hafiz asked Abdul.

Abdul was looking out at the crowd of cars and armed men positioned to fire with a man standing behind a car with a bega phone pressed to his mouth.

A gunshot echoed and the man with the megaphone went down. Abdul and Hafiz turned abruptly and saw Mayor with a smoking gun in his hand.

So sorry for the long absence. I wish you all very merry Christmas in advance.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by Ann2012(f): 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
Thanks for the wonderful update, merry Christmas in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by hidhrhis(m): 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2019
u did not update since all dis days u are now giving us only one episode please give us more

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by extremelygolden: 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
Masterpiece!

You are the man with the pen!

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by BankyGee(m): 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2019
I've missed this action! Welcome back topher052 cool
pu7pl3, Nayo08, gly, greatme2good - Update grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by extremelygolden: 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2019
Masterpiece!

You are the man with the pen!

Welldone Topher. You never disappoint.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by greatme2good(f): 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
Welcome back Topher. As your number one fan, I would like to point out a little mistake. You changed Kate's name to Rita. Please do the needful.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by topher052: 11:30am On Dec 24, 2019
greatme2good:
Welcome back Topher. As your number one fan, I would like to point out a little mistake. You changed Kate's name to Rita. Please do the needful.
thank you very much! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by daddio(m): 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2019
Welcome back Topher and thanks for the update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by statistics1(m): 2:09am On Dec 25, 2019
Compliments Of the Season...

May I take this opportunity on behalf of my family, & myself to wish you & your family a Merry Christmas & a Prosperous New Year ahead. May your Christmas be filled with joy & happiness so that it leaves you with special unforgotable memories. And as the New Year unfolds, may it bring everything that you could ever hope for.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

God Bless You Always

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sacrifice by Vibesvbs(m): 7:11am On Dec 25, 2019
Thank you, merry Christmeat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sacrifice by Matherson(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Following this story back to back... God bless your efforts. Nice one.
Re: The Sacrifice by Ultimategeneral: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
I would be an ingrate if i don't appreciate your work bro. This is a master piece !
Re: The Sacrifice by MrCork: 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2019
JulietFab2:
.Lol. �

how much? smiley

1 Like

Re: The Sacrifice by greatme2good(f): 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
Topher, so there's no Christmas update for us angry angry angry
Re: The Sacrifice by jenifer007: 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2019
Topher congratulations for winning the monetary award.....Well done topher....contact divepen1 to claim your goodies

Here's the link to see list of winners

https://www.nairaland.com/5606502/winners-2019-nairaland-writers-award

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrifice by Lordshola: 7:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
topher052:
I hail, me people. Thanks, I really appreciate your comments. It's just grace. Oga lawyer abeg no sue me oh grin

Topher052 please I want to send you a pm and it's urgent, can I send it??

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: / The One I Love / Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.