Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl (1851 Views)

My Fiancee Is Very Aggressive And Rude / Urgent Help!! My Fiancee Is Now Addicted To Something Else. I Feel Very Sad / Horrific Way I Discovered My Fiancee Is Not Only A Cheat But A Prostitute. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Zezyahoo: 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2010
I'm in my thirties and badly need to settle down with a very good wife. (i'm good myself i can tell you that). I have a Yoruba lady i'm currently dating. But the problem is, each time i introduce her to people as my future wife, they sigh when they get to know she is Yoruba. This makes me very uncomfortable. Is there anything I need to know about marrying a Yoruba lady that I don't know?

I am very detribalised man from South south. But I don't want a woman that will be in today and out tomorrow. I believe in marriage for life, 110% faithfully and detest divorce.

Is there any uncomfortable truth that I need to know about Yoruba girls. If there is a thread on this already, I am happy to read it if someone can provide the link.

No tribal war intended. Want to look carefully before I leap please
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by kokoye(m): 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2010
your people are tribalistic racists.

carry your yansh to the culture section and be fed by the likes of your people.  angry
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by thweraja10: 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
They are doing that because of the tribal difference. they want you to marry from south south. If you feel she is the best for you. Try convincing them and let her get to know them with this they will have a change of attitude
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2010
Umuwanyi ndi ofe mmanu na adi dètí (ha daasu panti fa na bresia fa), tupu o bunye gi öya puru iche iche; and fa na agba niilo too much. E nuo yä, enyi gi nile wèré ike ina ala otü ya sef.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2010
Zezyahoo:

I'm in my thirties and badly need to settle down with a very good wife. (i'm good myself i can tell you that). I have a Yoruba lady i'm currently dating. But the problem is, each time i introduce her to people as my future wife, they sigh when they get to know she is Yoruba. This makes me very uncomfortable. Is there anything I need to know about marrying a Yoruba lady that I don't know?

I am very detribalised man from South south. But I don't want a woman that will be in today and out tomorrow. I believe in marriage for life, 110% faithfully and detest divorce.

Is there any uncomfortable truth that I need to know about Yoruba girls. If there is a thread on this already, I am happy to read it if someone can provide the link.

No tribal war intended. Want to look carefully before I leap please

sometimes you need to out smart people

you should have introduced her as someone from your own tribe then later tell them the truth
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by thweraja10: 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2010
sometimes you need to out smart people

you should have introduced her as someone from your own tribe then later tell them the truth

That will worsen everything
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Zezyahoo: 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ZIM DRILL

What if there are some uncomfortable truth that I need to know now before I leap
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Zezyahoo: 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Pro01

I had appreciate if you communicated. But you have not.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by babyme1(f): 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2010
U are not marrying the girl for ur relatives. If she's the one after ur heart then nothing should stop you. The only problem would hv been if u have doubts abt her.

Im from the South-South too and i assure u that our people will love and accept her when they get to know her well.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
thweraja10:

That will worsen everything

i dont think it will especiall if the girl is well mannered they will love her based on being a a groomed woman and also being of their tribe

when he tells the the truth they will be shocked becoz she is good as their own people
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
Zezyahoo:

@ZIM DRILL

What if there are some uncomfortable truth that I need to know now before I leap

like what
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Ikedonn(m): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2010
@poster
Sort things out with your people.

@ Pro01
Nwanna were nwayo biko.A furum ife idere .Take care.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by adagz01(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2010
Yoruba girls are very yanshi n sexy

i like them
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Zezyahoo: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2010
Keep it coming. But keep in mind that Friends from other tribes expecially my Ibo friend are also sighing and winking. See the title again "SIGHS WHEN RELATIVES AND FRIENDS KNOW MY FIANCEE IS A YORUBA GIRL"
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by niceone3(m): 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ proO1
u'r just funnier than funny hehe. But y na?
@ poster
u have to jettison those stereotypical view u have or heard about them cos i can assure u that yoruba women make one of the best wives(trust me)
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by buccaneer7(m): 6:42am On Oct 27, 2010
Yoruba girl have no yansh. the ones with so called yash are fat. today's yoruba girls are selfish.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by tpia5: 6:48am On Oct 27, 2010
lordy lordy.

nkan be.

poster, have this alledged girlfriend of yours sign up on nairaland and ask for tpiah.

i need to tell her some home truths and also find out if she's the one begging you to marry her.

wetin person no go hear from all these male agberos, touts and unsavoury characters.

if women still dey your village, marry one of them nah.

or is there something they know that others dont.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by SALady(f): 7:30am On Oct 27, 2010
@Poster, sounds to me that you are no where near taking the leap with anyone yet. I mean if you are as old as you say you are, and you still seek approval of the outsiders (friends, family) on who to marry? It leaves a lot to be desired.

When you marry a woman you marry because you are comfortable with who she is since you are the one who is going to spend the rest of your life with her. Also you make the decision based on what you know first about the prospective partner that any other person.

Good Luck it seems like the search is still on and you have a long way to go.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by kenkruse: 9:30am On Oct 27, 2010
this is another serious but casual issue,
there's no perfect tribe in the world, love covers everything. However, you can't marry her and wave good bye to your family and friends forever. that's why its important to dialogue with them, try convince them why she's the best among all the gals.

@ pro01  cheesy
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Zezyahoo: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2010
Many thanks everyone. Your contribution is well appreciated.

@tpia

I thought ou were vere insultive and disrespectful. That tells alot about the kind of person you are.
A civilised person will not write the way you just did.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by tpia5: 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2010
^^find the nearest wall and bang your s.tupid head on it.

bush animal.

let me know this girlfriend of yours so i can ask her to get her head examined because she has absolutely lousy taste in men.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by sesman(m): 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2010
SA Lady:

@Poster, sounds to me that you are no where near taking the leap with anyone yet. I mean if you are as old as you say you are, and you still seek approval of the outsiders (friends, family) on who to marry? It leaves a lot to be desired.

When you marry a woman you marry because you are comfortable with who she is since you are the one who is going to spend the rest of your life with her. Also you make the decision based on what you know first about the prospective partner that any other person.

Good Luck it seems like the search is still on and you have a long way to go.

Gbam!!!
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by StRichy(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2010
ethnic sentiments indeed
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Zezyahoo: 9:18am On Oct 29, 2010
Thanks everyone and please keep the advises coming.

@tpia

I will not use any insultive words on you. But you are clearly not a nice person.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2010
@ poster i would think frends and family sigh becos she is not from same tribe and they would rather you married from same tribe as you are that does not mean they will not be happy for you if you are happy for you.
to be asking if there is something abt yoruba gals that you need to knw before you take the leap shows that you are not entirely convinced about your woman and inside you, you too would prefer to marry your same tribe gal.

The most important thing here is for you to be convinced about your woman and be sure she will get along with your family irrespective of cultural diffrences.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by ifunayam(f): 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2010
I have a Yoruba lady i'm currently dating. But the problem is, each time i introduce her to people as my future wife, they sigh when they get to know she is Yoruba. This makes me very uncomfortable. Is there anything I need to know about marrying a Yoruba lady that I don't know?

Poster, ask them na, they should know better after all, they are the ones sighing and not nairalanders, abii?

i think if you're serious you wld hold on to them immediately they sigh and never let go, until they give you an answer. Shikena!
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Kulas: 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2010
The fact is that percentage wise,South south and South east babes are more beautiful, sweeter and neater than the South west babes.So may be na confirmed 'Ofe Mmanu' you cary come dey show your people.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by tpia5: 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2010
Zezyahoo:

@tpia

I will not use any insultive words on you. But you are clearly not a nice person.

didnt i tell you to find a wall and bang away?
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by DAY13(m): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2010
Kulas:

The fact is that percentage wise,South south and South east babes are more beautiful, sweeter and neater than the South west babes.So may be na confirmed 'Ofe Mmanu' you cary come dey show your people.
Yoruba girls too like moniiiiiiiiiiii, maybe of the reasons
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Genius100: 6:13pm On Oct 29, 2010
Are you really this stupid? Even if your people are ignorant, how about you that has been dealing with the girl? You are in the best position to evaluate the girl. All yoruba girls are not the same. All Igbo girls are not the same. All South South girls are not the same. YOu have to know the individual you intend to marry and make the necessary decisions.
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by Lobi(f): 5:35am On Nov 06, 2012
I thought you're married
Re: Sighs When Relative And Friends Know My Fiancee Is A Yoruba Girl by uyiekpenm(f): 6:21am On Nov 06, 2012
pro01: Umuwanyi ndi ofe mmanu na adi dètí (ha daasu panti fa na bresia fa), tupu o bunye gi öya puru iche iche; and fa na agba niilo too much. E nuo yä, enyi gi nile wèré ike ina ala otü ya sef.

ekwerem na okwu a I kwuru

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnant Couple In Incestuous Relationship / Advice!! / Female Armed Robber Gives Birth In Lagos Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.