Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! (53286 Views)

Nigerians Attacked FBI Twitter Page Demand Probe Of Tinubu , Chicago University / EndSARS: US Embassy Shuts Down Operations In Nigeria / Buhari Shuts Door On Oshiomole/tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by GGirll: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2019
Kapeter:
you just want to be stupid, nothing else.. Was it not ghana that first deported nigerians before nigeria did same several years after?

Common sense, many of you don't have.

I won't dignify you by insulting you back....I have made a salient point about reaping what one sow whether they started it or not karma does not care but must pay accordingly so even your insult will be repaid by karma in due time Ok....pls leave my mention alone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Enwhen(m): 10:33am On Sep 03, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Stupid question, as many as possible.

NIGERIAN EMBASSY IS THEIR NUMBER TARGET AND ITS NOT SAFE FOR THEM, THATS WHY IT WAS CLOSED , DIDN'T U HEARD WHAT THE MINISTER OF POLICE AFFAIRS SAID S.AFRICA SAID ... IT IS CLEAR THAT THE GOVT. IS INDEFFERENT AND CAN NO LONGER GARANTEE THE SAFETY OF NIGERIANS AND PROTECT OUR CITIZEN AS SUCH RUNING TO THE EMBASSY IS LIKE A SUICIDE MISSION IN THIS CASE.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2019
234ng44uk:

You conveniently forget that the man appointed by Buhari to do something about but who as refused to act is an Igbo man. Geoffrey Jideofor Kwusike Onyeama is Nigeria's Minister for Foreign Affairs.

Shut up, he is just a minister, a stooge like Osinbanjo. Afanjo have some sense, Jesus!
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Kapeter(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
oh shut that gutter you call mouth,next time you go about calling people morons,just know your mother,father and entire generation linking that lineage of yours are bigger mor0ns, ode!
i checked your profile just now. I understand your frustration now.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Omoluabi16(m): 10:34am On Sep 03, 2019
Lol. So the Igbo's as usual have started with their victim mentality? it is well
We can even behave ourselves and speak in unison. The attacks won't stop until we get pur acts right. Buhari is a cancer.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Goldicon2(m): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2019
helinues:

Open the gate for the one that come first and lock when its full

Then those who couldn't make it should be roasted by South Africans?
You just a big olodo rapata. No be if them be open the gate first we for know if e go full or not? Or do they plan on living in the embassy forever ? So as them no Open am nahm good pass abi? E no better make you save some than not saving at all, the worst thing is they're not even trying to save anyone. Na people With your kind of barbaric mentality lock that gate so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Area4Area: 10:35am On Sep 03, 2019
Kapeter:
you lots are too emotional and putting blames where it's nopt deserved. SA govt and Nig government don't have a diplomatic issue, shoud the minister just declare war on SA instead of calling for a meeting with the SA representatives?

And it isn't like the sa govt are not doing anything to stop the attack, the citizens are just on rampage or should they start killing their own citizens for foreigners?

I'm sure, if the fg should send in rescue plane to sa to bring nigerians in sa back home, they still wouldn't come.. So what should the govt do.

Nonsense.
You are absolutely right with the bolded, Nigerians would still not enter the plane and next year when another round of killing starts again, they start complaining.
Getting to other developed countries from SA is easier than from Nigeria, what are they waiting for, you live among people who desperately hate and want you to leave but you still remain as if you are telling them to do their worst
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by tsdarkside(m): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2019
i have the feelin somebody is trying to set us up against each other....

few days ago,somebody said nigerian embassy was burnt down....

now nigerians are running to it for safety....??

somebody is lying here....
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Urchman200: 10:35am On Sep 03, 2019
So is why do we still have an embassy there ? If the government is serious about what is going on in south Africa they should recall the Nigerian ambassador and the diplomat to south Africa.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by wristbangle: 10:35am On Sep 03, 2019
Words on social media platforms are not enough to fight/address the situation. If citizens stage a protest to the government house, the idiots called SAS and other useless force entities will use innocent citizens for gun practice.

The situation in this country is when one is caught between the devil and deep blue sea.

This are times I almost blame God for making me a Nigerian. What is done is done. The best is to leave the country. The number of chaos and evil people are too much.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by naijadrivablog: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2019
When they are not Hausa Fulani
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by tsdarkside(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2019
wristbangle:
Words on social media platforms are not enough to fight/address the situation. If citizens stage a protest to the government house, the idiots called SAS and other useless force entities will use innocent citizens for gun practice.

The situation in this country is when one is caught between the devil and deep blue sea.

This are times I almost blame God for making me a Nigerian. What is done is done. The best is to leave the country. The number of chaos and evil people are too much.

south africa is a fvckin mess....
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Duggedised12(f): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2019
Kapeter:
i checked your profile just now. I understand your frustration now.
lol, if like go that route,still doesn't change the fact that your family is made up of morons, lol. And mind you i dont even consider you significant enough to check yours lol grin tongue
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Kapeter(m): 10:37am On Sep 03, 2019
GGirll:

I won't dignify you by insulting you back....I have made a salient point about reaping what one sow whether they started it or not karma does not care but must pay accordingly so even your insult will be repaid by karma in due time Ok....pls leave my mention alone.
if there's anyone that karma will visit, it will surely be sa. All i ask is that you people should reason before saying jack. F**k off.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by proftwinnie10(m): 10:37am On Sep 03, 2019
This is really unbelievable.

----------------------------------------------------------
My signature is my golden secret to a weekly payout.
#Sure alerts.
#Alert rain
#WAFO pays
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by kenrish2(m): 10:37am On Sep 03, 2019
why can't our president begin mass evacuation of Nigerians in South Africa, and shut down all south African businesses in Nigeria, He is just quiet while our brothers are been killed, so painfully
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by metrecube(m): 10:39am On Sep 03, 2019
What do we expect from the govt that can not protect her citizens onshore. Nigerians in diaspora should not expect any form of security from home. I wonder what our ministry of foreign affairs is doing. Why can't we learn from US n others?
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by esiri4jesu(m): 10:39am On Sep 03, 2019

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Kapeter(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
lol, if like go that route,still doesn't change the fact that your family is made up of morons, lol. And mind you i dont even consider you significant enough to check yours lol grin tongue
one must surely find a way to know why a dog won't stop barking.

And like i said earlier, carry your m.o.ronic and frustrated ass out of our country if you are so tired as you've claimed. It doesn't cost much to become a ghanaina, togolese, benioise, malian, nigerien, senegalese and all. Oponu
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Correcto: 10:40am On Sep 03, 2019
The ambassador should be sacked
deltateam:
EXCLUSIVE: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa
Speaking with Sahara Reporters on Monday, a handful of Nigerians in South Africa revealed how they now live in fear.
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKSEP 02, 2019

The Nigerian Embassy in South Africa has shut its door to Nigerian victims of ongoing xenophobic attacks in the former apartheid colony.

The latest attacks against nationals of other African countries domiciled in South Africa, which started on August 28, 2019, has spread to several parts of that country, raising fears of more violence in the coming days.

Speaking with Sahara Reporters on Monday, a handful of Nigerians in South Africa revealed how they now live in fear.

According to them, some victims of the attack, who visited the Nigerian Embassy for help and protection were denied entry into the place.

Former president of Nigerian Union South Africa, Iyke Anyene, told Sahara Reporters that Nigerians had remained in the houses, afraid for their lives and unsure if they would be the next victims.

He said, “In some parts of Guateng Province the looting has continued.

“It started in Pretoria and people have not been able to do their businesses. It is not safe, there is widespread looting.

“Some Nigerian victims went to the high commission but were denied entry into the place.

“The high commission claimed that they are dealing with the situation but we don't know what to do. We need results, people are losing their lives and properties.”

He said migrants from other African countries are also affected in the attacks and looting, adding that the South African police are usually overwhelmed when such attacks happen.

He added, “All African migrants are affected. When it happened in Pretoria, the police was there but couldn’t stop the attack.

“In Johannesburg, they were not able to stop anything. It is a very serious problem at the moment.”

A Nigerian business woman, Doris Ikeri-Solarin, also told Sahara Reporters that she had remained indoors with her family for fear of being killed by South Africans if they go out of their home.

She said, “There is trouble, it is very tough. There is a state of emergency and the violence is still ongoing.

“No one opened shop today, our movement has been restricted.

“In Mabupane, they burnt our shops on Wednesday but we were able to save the ones we have around Sunnyside.

“These people are reinforcing and they are coming out to attack us.”

Ikeri-Solarin faulted the Nigerian Embassy for shutting citizens out at such time of need.

She added, “A baby just died in Marabasa because of the fire. We are at home, we can't go out, our children cannot go to school, Nigerians inside taxis are dragged out and attacked.

“Nigerian Embassy does not exist. Some of our people affected by this attack went to the high commission but the ambassador did not come out. It is a big shame on them.”

Last Wednesday in Japan during the Tokyo International Conference for Africa Development, President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa, said that his government will address the killings of Nigerians in his country.

He added that the country's criminal justice system was looking to proffer lasting solutions.

He said, “On the issue of Nigerians who are dying in South Africa, we feel very upset about that.

“Obviously, our criminal justice system is working on it. We don’t support killings.”

But despite his assurances, South Africans have continued to target Nigerians in xenophobic attacks, killing and destroying businesses belonging to them.

In July, President of Nigeria’s Senate, Ahmed Lawan, disclosed that about 118 Nigerians had so far lost their lives in different attacks in South Africa over the years.

Experts say the figure could may well be above that figure especially several unreported cases of hostilities against Nigerians.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/02/exclusive-nigerian-embassy-shuts-door-nigerians-attacked-south-africa
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by 234ng44uk(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2019
kenwhawha:

Shut up, he is just a minister, a stooge like Osinbanjo. Afanjo have some sense, Jesus!

You see, this is exactly why Nigerians Biafrans will continue to die in xenophobic attacks in South Africa. You're here alienating other tribes even though they're supporting your cause. The division perpetuated by people like you is the exact reason why xenophobic attacks will continue unabated.
If you make it an Igbo issue only other Nigerians will leave you to fight it alone. So get some senses. Stop tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by fadamekus(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2019
WE DONT HAVE A COUNTRY WHAT WE HAVE IS COW REPUBLIC

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by GMbuharii: 10:41am On Sep 03, 2019
They ain't fulanis nah,if they were fulanis,even Libya fulanis,the fed govt would've done something fast
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Duggedised12(f): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2019
Kapeter:
one must surely find a way to know why a dog won't stop barking.

And like i said earlier, carry your m.o.ronic and frustrated ass out of our country if you are so tired as you've claimed. It doesn't cost much to become a ghanaina, togolese, benioise, malian, nigerien, senegalese and all. Oponu
your real mother is the dog and your father is an oponu tongue tongue and the rest of your lineage including yourself and children yet unborn fall into the category of morons grin, even see the countries your dead brain cells came up with ,lol grin,you truly are an idiotic slowpoke.lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by opribo(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2019
Can they kill an israelite and getaway with it, can they sttack an American, British, and getaway even Ghana can they?
Recall, the criminals that killed Lucky Dube said they thought he was a Nigerian. This is a failure of system.

They have done it once our government was dragging foot now it has become widespread. We cannot be playing victim always, tit for tat is allowed. When our youths attack their establishment our police too can pretend to be overwhelmed.
When i look at it and try to figure out who is benefitting from the countries i see that they have more corporate interest here milking the poor nation but over there we have nothing just everyday hustlers.

At this stage, the youths we know how to do it, we can give them a taste of their own medicine.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by uuzba(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2019
virginboy1:
So bad this man no send cry
The main lesson here, don't go to another man's country to show off.
Igbo people like showing off.
South Africans are jealous. White people beat sh!t out of their lives and displaced them for years.
You were chilling and flexing in your Nigerian village.
Now that the storm calmed down, you now travel to their land and start flexing? Un top all their sweat?
My friend, chill out and park well.
Do your runs QUIETLY. Carry your money and go.
Don't play loud music or dress extravagantly. Do not attract attention to yourself.
Better still, go to the White people area of South AFrica.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by yeman1(m): 10:47am On Sep 03, 2019
I'm really sad. so pathetic
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by helinues: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2019
Goldicon2:
You just a big olodo rapata. No be if them be open the gate first we for know if e go full or not? Or do they plan on living in the embassy forever ? So as them no Open am nahm good pass abi? E no better make you save some than not saving at all, the worst thing is they're not even trying to save anyone. Na people With your kind of barbaric mentality lock that gate so

People like you never reach international airport before not to talk of flying outside the country.

Na your reasoning's make me reach the conclusions oo should incase you want to hit your head on the wall
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by azikiweironsi(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Why can't some of you keep quiet if you have nothing to say, are you saying that the attacks on Nigerians started recently or there were no attack when GEJ was president and what did he do to permanently stop it?
You guys would just love bringing hate and politics into everything

Do you mind them ? Children of hate and perdition. The whole Nairaland is agog with different insults and abuse as if it is only Nigerian. They forgot it happened to Zimbabweans, and other Nationals during GEJ. Some are even insinuating that we should start to loot Shoprite too shows how shallow their thinking are. Nations does not run that way but in a diplomatic manner. I believe government would not just sit down but also working out strategies to handle the situation diplomatically.
Having said this, I sure believe some slowpoke will still come here and attack my comment. Is allowed I don't care either afterall they attacked and molested their elder stateman In foreign land.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by tsavkeghps(m): 10:51am On Sep 03, 2019
Bad
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by CollinsJacob(m): 10:51am On Sep 03, 2019
Please be civil
helinues:
undecided

To seek refuge at the embassy? How many can they accommodate?
Re: Nigerian Embassy Shuts Door On Nigerians Attacked In South Africa! by Prolific2018: 10:52am On Sep 03, 2019
[quote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Portable Storms Osogbo For Oyetola (Photos) / Gov. Sanwo-Olu And His Deputy, Inspect The Apapa Traffic Gridlock - Photos / Patience Ozokwor Receives Appointment From Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.