Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? (3041 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / My Boyfriend Said He Needs A Break / Her Pastor Said She Should Not Marry Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by xynerise: 2:28am On Oct 27, 2010
I am not trying to make this controversial but this is common in pentecostal churches in Nigeria. A gal who is in love with a guy and they planned on getting married in 5 months time . One day her pastor told her that the spirit of God has shown him her husband. Do you know that the husbant the pastor was talking about is a member of the ushers of the church. The gal was confused but she said she cannot disobey the man of God. So she got married to the pastor's choice. This is real. Now they are having problems in the house. Gals beware some pastors take bribe from people to get them a virgin in church so they can marry them.
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by Osama10(m): 2:33am On Oct 27, 2010
That girl was really stupid, who bears all the shit I guess now?
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:36am On Oct 27, 2010
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

STupid as's!!

Since the pastor has f'ucked up her life, she should come to me for love juju to make the man fall helplessly in love with her.
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by izby(m): 2:46am On Oct 27, 2010
most pentecostal churches in Nigeria are like that,my cousin got married the same way but the marriage didnt last 4months, i swear they separate bad bad.that is their new system of keeping member in the church.My cousin was complaining of the husband been a ritualist,womanizer sleeping with her younger sister and two of my aunt.can u imagine that.according to my cousin she didnt take time to know him because the pastor confirm the guys is her future husband and they got married in no time, the guy nor get shame when he talk am by himself say him first dey date my cousin younger sister before him marry the elder sister.
The only word i believe from the men of God are their preaching from bible and the real word of confirm prophet like Prophet P.E Ogbemudia General Overseer Of Mighty Grace Of God Miracle Church.Erumwense Street,Off Siluko Road Benin City Edo State 08023532407
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by xynerise: 2:51am On Oct 27, 2010
^^are you kidding me? undecided . Are you indirectly advertising your church? Pls this should be in the religion board. Geez! Nigerians are ludicrous. grin
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by ITbomb(m): 8:11am On Oct 27, 2010
Now you people are really confusing me. I dont know whether to open a church or a matchmaking agency, which is more convincing?
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by edlion57(m): 8:56am On Oct 27, 2010
She suppose to go to SCOAN to confirm it .
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by Ikedonn(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2010
So scary shocked
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by iyatrustee(f): 10:56am On Oct 27, 2010
thats the new trend. my brother was told about his own wife also. bad thing abt his is he was given a time limit to marry the girl and the guy get him personal person cool

izby:

most pentecostal churches in Nigeria are like that,my cousin got married the same way but the marriage didnt last 4months, i swear they separate bad bad.that is their new system of keeping member in the church.My cousin was complaining of the husband been a ritualist,womanizer sleeping with her younger sister and two of my aunt.can u imagine that.according to my cousin she didnt take time to know him because the pastor confirm the guys is her future husband and they got married in no time, the guy nor get shame when he talk am by himself say him first dey date my cousin younger sister before him marry the elder sister.
The only word i believe from the men of God are their preaching from bible and the real word of confirm prophet like Prophet P.E Ogbemudia General Overseer Of Mighty Grace Of God Miracle Church.Erumwense Street,Off Siluko Road Benin City Edo State 08023532407

Marketing? grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by kokoletz(m): 11:12am On Oct 27, 2010
Hey guys pls watevr hapens in a marriage matched make by a pastor is nt his fault pls remember touch not my pastors, d voice of men is d voice of God. Am recieving a vision dt somebody in d house is my wife hmmmmmm. I'd tell u whn d vision is clear.
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by dobodobo(m): 11:15am On Oct 27, 2010
What happened if Situation like this occur

Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by kokoletz(m): 11:24am On Oct 27, 2010
Like what pls explain
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by babyme1(f): 11:58am On Oct 27, 2010
As Christians in this dispensation of grace,i believe we have direct access to God and should not rely on another to tell us what do with our lives. Mind you,i believe in prophecy and men of God,but i don't allow them dictate my life.

Marriage is a very important issue,and the right approach is to seek God's face by praying and getting answers from Him(yes u can hear him if you listen cool). Pastors should only be there to guide you by counselling and teaching you the word.
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by silentc(m): 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2010
Our people are generally blind when it comes to religion. Every pastor preaches the word of God based on his own views. We all need to study the bible and understand it for ourselves and not what a pastor feeds us. The church is a community to grow in your religion.

Even in the bible, with the immaculate conception, the angel of God came to Mary to tell her she would bear a child without the help of her husband AND also went to Joseph to tell him his wife will have a child without his involvement.

If God tell your pastor that your new husband is Mr X , then God should also come to you too to confirm that!!!!!
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by kokoletz(m): 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2010
Are u saying our congregation shld nt listen 2 our prophesis again?
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by MOBO444(f): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ Poster you should not follow your pastor mouth.
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by oluclem(m): 1:12pm On Oct 27, 2010
kokoletz:

Are u saying our congregation shld nt listen 2 our prophesis again?
The congregation should listen to prophesy but the should remember that the same Bible tells us prophesy can fail. the only thing that doesn't fail in this situation is Love. I mean genuine love, agape kind of love and not infatuation.
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by kokoletz(m): 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2010
I'd report all of u during night vigil
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by dobodobo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2010
kokoletz:

I'd report all of u during night vigil
[/quote grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by kokoye(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2010
Go n get married at the Synagogueee of all nations.

A word is enough for the wise.

grin
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by kokoletz(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
Gbam
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by Dsense(m): 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2010
dobodobo:

What happened if Situation like this occur
Can't laff grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by kemisuga(f): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2010
Gbamu Gbamu Jigi Jigi grin
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by queeneve: 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2010
God showed me my husband,

He do not need to tell A PERSON TO TELL YOU,

He can tell you directly whether it through a dream, picture, voice, or whatever it is that HE need to do to get your attention,

A pastor can tell you in confirmation what you asked of God, But he SHOULD NEVER TELL YOU WHO TO MARRY,
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by livedit(f): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2010
>>God showed me my husband,

He can tell you directly whether it through a dream, picture, voice, or whatever it is that HE need to do to get your attention,

A pastor can tell you in confirmation what you asked of God, But he SHOULD NEVER TELL YOU WHO TO MARRY,<<

Well put, I completely agree!
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by Loveaflame(m): 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2010
The truth of the matter is that for a genuine christian,a man of God can only confirm what God has showed you that you may still be doubting in your mind.

It is good to seek for a confirmation from different prophets of God at least seven.If they all speak the same thing coupled with your own personal conviction you are fully on the right track.

But if a pastor tells you your husband or wife and you don't go to pray to get confirmation from God directly then you may be treading on dangerous grounds.
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by sleekch1c(f): 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
queeneve:

God showed me my husband,

A pastor can tell you in confirmation what you asked of God, But he SHOULD NEVER TELL YOU WHO TO MARRY,

exactly.
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by CorkyJoe: 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
sleekch1c (f), madam, can i marrry you? I dont mind fat womens, Iswaar! tongue
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by xynerise: 1:52am On Oct 28, 2010
^cmon go hussle for money first. grin
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by oludashmi(f): 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2010
izby:

Who confirmed him to you. . . God? and how? This is how you will fall prey of their weaknesses and then bring it to NL, carry this marketing comot for here jare.
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by miqos02(m): 1:50pm On Oct 28, 2010
the girl is silly. you have to confirm everything your pastor tells you. learn how to ask and hear God yourself. the pastor is a human being you know!
Re: Can You Marry Him Because Your Pastor Said He Will Be Your Husband? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2010
silentc:

Our people are generally blind when it comes to religion. Every pastor preaches the word of God based on his own views. We all need to study the bible and understand it for ourselves and not what a pastor feeds us. The church is a community to grow in your religion.

Even in the bible, with the immaculate conception, the angel of God came to Mary to tell her she would bear a child without the help of her husband AND also went to Joseph to tell him his wife will have a child without his involvement.

If God tell your pastor that your new husband is Mr X , then God should also come to you too to confirm that!!!!!

EOD! This man has said it all.
If the man is truly urs and ur pastor tells u that, God himself will confirm it to u no matter hw notorious u r.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Are You Willing To Change: ? / Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? / Happy Birthday Wishes To My Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.