Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos (70180 Views)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by duality(m): 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
swaggzo:
Another clear picture, showing that many Nigerians are dullàrds.

They're killing our people in South Africa, we're here looting shops.. Showing the whole world that it is food that is our problems.

For Christ's sake how is packing drinks and biscuits from shoprite equal to the humans and properties being burnt in South Africa?
How does attacking a mere shop of a South African businessman affect the hundreds of illiterate South Africans causing the chaos over there? How does this stop the war?

You want to get back at South African.... Yet you ignore DSTV. You put your MTN SIM in your pocket..... And then head down to SHOPRITE where there's food, because of hunger and poverty?

I'm very disappointed, and ashamed to say I'm a Nigerian.

How many South Africans do you know around you.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by WarriAproko: 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
IGNORANCE undecided OPPORTUNITY FOR THIEVES TO TAKE OVER
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by seborrhic: 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
Sometimes people do things out of frustration or anger, but everyone knows attacking ShopRite or mtn stores is not the best because it's still hardworking Nigerians that would be affected.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by chudez0147(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
swaggzo:

They're killing our people in South Africa, we're here looting shops.. Showing the whole world that it is food that is our problems.

For Christ's sake how is packing drinks and biscuits from shoprite equal to the humans and properties being burnt in South Africa?
How does attacking a mere shop of a South African businessman affect the hundreds of illiterate South Africans causing the chaos over there? How does this stop the war?

You want to get back at South African.... Yet you ignore DSTV. You put your MTN SIM in your pocket..... And then head down to SHOPRITE where there's food, because of hunger and poverty?

My friend you're not a Nigerian.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Larryfest(m): 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
True talk but then if they hadn't done that you think this clueless government would have taken the decisions they are now taking

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerians are not smiling ehn... See as them put owners of shop in debt all in the name of retaliation shockedshocked
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
baby124:
Blame the mall owners for putting Shop Rite in bold on the shopping mall. They need to name the mall something else and put Shop Rite as one of the stores within the mall. Their advertising tactic caused your losses. Any reasonable person will think ShopRite owns the property.

That ShopRite store empty wella though grin
They looters for enter only shoprite if Dem serious.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Kay17: 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ijaya123:
My suggestion...

In retaliation to all these senseless and horrific attacks on Nigerian citizens in South Africa, I suggest this government should expel the SA High Commission team in Nigeria with immediate effect. I disagree with recalling our envoy over there. We need someone to keep an eye on activities over there. I stand to be corrected though.

This should be followed up by a call to CAF to suspend SA Football Association from all CAf organised competitions since the country has shown it is incapable of guaranteein the safety of other African countries involved in their land.

The government should as well use its position to lobby other African countries to call for the indefinite suspension of SA from the African Union having failed to uphold one of the values of the union

These are just a few among many options available so we can teach those animals some hard lessons they wont forget in a while.

Is your problem with the SA govt state sponsored xenophobia or criminal attacks on Nigerians?
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by marvelous000: 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2019
swaggzo:

if you're ashamed, then get a knife and slit your throat and save us the otiose winning.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
a minute of silence for those who want to get back at South African business but still has mtn sim on
their phone

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by ikay00406(m): 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
SoNature:

You need the education more.
Those rioting South Africans are looting the shops of everyone, including foreigners and their people.
We personalize it here because we are the worst hit.
If you doubt it, go and watch Al jazeera news

Two wrongs don't make a right.. Those looting in Nigeria aren't doing so out of patriotism, but taking advantage of an unfortunate situation to steal, loot and create anarchy.. Citizens in a more developed/civilized country like China, USA, Canada, Russia, etc wouldn't stoop so low to retaliate by looting but would impose very strict economic sanctions on South Africa while cutting off diplomatic ties simultaneously. This is a reflection of the society we live in this country Nigeria. There is hunger/poverty in the land, so any excuse to loot is appreciated.. sad

3 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Lamanii22(f): 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
swaggzo:

Abi, I pray food will not kill Nigerians... That act of stealing from shoprite is uncalled for... Well it is jobless people that would do such a thing ..

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by SmartyPants(m): 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ijaya123:
My suggestion...

In retaliation to all these senseless and horrific attacks on Nigerian citizens in South Africa, I suggest this government should expel the SA High Commission team in Nigeria with immediate effect. I disagree with recalling our envoy over there. We need someone to keep an eye on activities over there. I stand to be corrected though.

This should be followed up by a call to CAF to suspend SA Football Association from all CAf organised competitions since the country has shown it is incapable of guaranteein the safety of other African countries involved in their land.

The government should as well use its position to lobby other African countries to call for the indefinite suspension of SA from the African Union having failed to uphold one of the values of the union

These are just a few among many options available so we can teach those animals some hard lessons they wont forget in a while.

Diplomatic relations are complex. There is a set of rules. When offended in hierarchical order:

1. You summon the other country's ambassador. If not satisfied;
2. You recall your own ambassador. If still unsatisfied;
3. You expel the other country's ambassador. At this point, you cease to have formal relations with that country. It is the last step and hardly occurs save the countries are on the brink of actual war.

3 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
SoNature:

Those rioting South Africans are looting the shops of everyone, including foreigners and their people.
According to Al Jazeera, they are broke and jobless

You are the one that needs the education... How does looting and stealing items belonging to struggling Nigerians send a reprisal message to South Africans...wait for it... IN SOUTH AFRICA??!... We just hate ourselves in this nation...

Fvcking Slow Country!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Starz825(m): 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
OBTMOS:
The guy above stole my ftc that I would enjoyed for the first time
Even Stole it with an emoji.. forgetting to modify..the guy na crook...
This seem to be an xenophobic attack to me.. grin
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Iamgrey5(m): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Lmao. Didn't even think of that.
I was already wondering what young men will do with those things. I wonder if they looted those jewelry shops - Pandora and the likes.
He will make hair with it
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Neddstark: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
SoNature:

According to Al Jazeera, they are broke and jobless

So the looting should continue because you arent affected huh? You are madddt
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by dibjay: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerians should stop destroying the jobs that is been created for us by DStv and co and face govt that is making life difficult for Nigerians
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by olisaEze(m): 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ijaya123:
My suggestion...

I like ur reasoning cool

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by jesmond3945: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
swaggzo:

if at this point you are ashamed to be a Nigerian then what would you say if you were a south african? Mind you south africa in all this are solidly behind their people.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by ikay00406(m): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
Neddstark:

So the looting should continue because you arent affected huh? You are madddt

@NEDDSTARK..Dont mind him.. He wants to use this opportunity to collect IPhone X from shoprite that his been eyeing since.. He is just a jobless and broke idiot.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by MYMINDER(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
You are not making sense. If you want to KILL South Africans to balance the equation then, good luck to you.

swaggzo:

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by tollyboy5(m): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
post=81921158:
These guys perpetrating all these are nothing but criminals.
They even looted shops own by Nigerians!! 
Are they all mad?
Only basards that have been praying for unrest in this nation could ever support this evil acts.
Criminals and thieves everywhere!

True.
So true.
Stop posting fake news. the date of the novare mall was September 3. open ur eyes that's why it wasn't pushed to front page.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by MYMINDER(m): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
Your people are dying and you are talking about employment? Receive sense quickly. It is because of the selfishness of Nigerians, that we cannot achieve anything for the benefit of ALL! For ONCE, let everybody's business become everybody's problem!

dibjay:
Nigerians should stop destroying the jobs that is been created for us by DStv and co and face govt that is making life difficult for Nigerians
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Bluehill1051: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
E remain Stanbic ibtc bank make them go loot if them get mind
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Ijaya123: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
Kay17:

Is your problem with the SA govt state sponsored xenophobia or criminal attacks on Nigerians?

The criminal attacks on Nigerians and the SA govt inability to put a check to it.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Elinosweet143(f): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
See as we dey wound ourselves, there's no love in this country at all
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by silibaba: 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
I was telling people to focus More on STANBIC IBTC instead of shoprite, mtn and dstv
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Meti99(m): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
swaggzo:

Funnily, most of the shop owners are our country men.
I know for sure, no ordinary South African will feel the impacts of our rampage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by tollyboy5(m): 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
ikay00406:

@NEDDSTARK..Dont mind him.. He wants to use this opportunity to collect IPhone X from shoprite that his been eyeing since.. Just a jobless and broke idiot.
it's easier to seat and type nonsense and don't pretend like you care about people who died. and stop posting novare shit mall that is fake news.
SA are killing Nigerians and you'll telling people to calm down. foolish people like you is what made police killed a nigeria to protect foreign business.
go and revive the dead nau! since some Nigeria who loose their job. undecided
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by KingWarri: 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
swaggzo:

My Warri just dey peaceful.... The Shopping Mall just jejely shut down since yesterday...... dem dey fear Warri but we no even get their time....

UpWarri

FvckSA
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by KingWarri: 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
silibaba:
I was telling people to focus More on STANBIC IBTC instead of shoprite, mtn and dstv

Make Only you go na? Wetin you dey wait?

Silicone brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / MAKE MONEY ON UBER and TAXIFY. Download the Guide to Rideshare 3 for Free!!! / Inside Ibadan Precious Stone Market: Strabag Precious Stone International Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.