Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos (70178 Views)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by guynextdoor(m): 11:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
ctleurocollege:

Ur prophecy of doom will never materialize, Nigeria was supposed to be destroyed in 2015 according to U.S intelligence report but we're still here, Nigeria is stronger than you think because of the die hard patriots and of course God

For those interested in studying in Cyprus, contact me
There goes a typical Nigerian, whistling in the dark. Oh, you called my write-up a prophecy? I didn't know it, oh senior prophet that, unlike the children of Issacchar, can't even read the hand writings on the wall. Looks also like it scared you, didn't it? I'm also still wondering why you forgot to add IJN. Abi na trado prophet wey you be?
Wait, una never chee chomting! Just keep applauding your useless politicians while they continue running the nation this way, and soon we would know who's talking trash. By then, we shall know whether it's prophecy or reality!

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by silibaba: 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
executive12:

Why?
coz dstv, mtn, shoprite are more of franchising.
south Africa normally use STANBIC IBTC to help move their money (royalty) back to their country.
STANBIC IBTC is 100% theirs
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by rampantlover: 1:30am On Sep 05, 2019
Cantonese:

Bro your judgement is not accepted. An attack in what ever form it is serves the purpose of driving home the point. The point is enough of killing and maiming of Nigerians in South Africa. Enough of looting the shops of Nigerians and other African nationals by black and jobless South African youths. Who told you that there is no hunger in South Africa? Please visit there and see for yourself. With this attack, South Africa would be reminded that they have interests in other countries that can be ruined too. If other nationals from other countries can attack them this way the South Africans would realize their citizens in other countries and their properties would pay the price.

Next in line should be Ghana and Togo. These people who carry agoyin beans everywhere. They have taken over the mason jobs here, tiling, panel beating, painting, etc. They should be put together and sent back to their respective countries.

Ghanaians will be happy if you bring our brothers from your zoo and we will also send all these millions of useless and waste of space nigerians in Ghana. Nigerians are a menace to society and not welcome in any civilised society.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 3:10am On Sep 05, 2019
pocohantas:
They looted a friend's shop.

She doesn't even sell food o, just beauty products. Skin care and hair care.

Them go rub relaxer tire.

^^^
grin

I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 3:31am On Sep 05, 2019
jesmond3945:
forget what i do for a living. It is called colateral damage. If your mother or father or brother or sister was stoned to death I don't think you would have time to type in nairaland. Not supporting carnage on Nigerians but if this is what can make your president rise up to the occasion then there is nothing me and you can do about it.

^^^

undecided

I see.

What goes round comes round.

Good you are exposing your mindset - at least its all in the open now.

What I can't stand is the duplicity being exhibited by your kind. In one breath you casually excuse the looting by calling it collateral damage. In another breath you claim not to support the carnage on Nigerians (whatever that means undecided). Make up your damn mind! Where do you stand?
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 3:35am On Sep 05, 2019
ctleurocollege:

Ur prophecy of doom will never materialize, Nigeria was supposed to be destroyed in 2015 according to U.S intelligence report but we're still here, Nigeria is stronger than you think because of the die hard patriots and of course God

For those interested in studying in Cyprus, contact me

^^^^

grin grin grin

A religious ultra-nationalist.

Why are you facilitating education in Cyprus then? Are there no schools or universities in Nigeria? grin
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 4:04am On Sep 05, 2019
Pacesetter123:
Is it those boys dat wud av imposed sanctions n severe de diplomatic tie u r talking abt with SA or our government? Ever since de SA government started sponsoring dis xenophobic attacks on us,do u see or hear our government taking any action at least to send a signal to them? So if our government is not doing anything about it,u want de Nigerian youths to also fold their hands n see small SA killing our people n looting our shops over dere without any strong signal being sent to them? Any Nigerian who places his or her biznes in any building covered by de brand name SHOPRITE should blame himself for any lost he or she encounters at this critical time.Thumps up to de great Nigerian youths for de swift reactions.A strong statement has been made by this their actions

^^^
There is nothing "pacesetting' about what you have cobbled together up there.

You have the nerve to blame Nigerian businessmen for setting up shop in any building under the Shoprite franchise. undecided Where do we even begin to unravel the weirdness in that mindset? Do you know how the world works?

Have you owned or run a business before? Do you have any idea what it means to conceive a business, birth it, nurture it? Do you know anything about creating value? Do you? undecided
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 4:31am On Sep 05, 2019
Cantonese:

Bro your judgement is not accepted. An attack in what ever form it is serves the purpose of driving home the point. With this attack, South Africa would be reminded that they have interests in other countries that can be ruined too. If other nationals from other countries can attack them this way the South Africans would realize their citizens in other countries and their properties would pay the price.

Next in line should be Ghana and Togo. These people who carry agoyin beans everywhere. They have taken over the mason jobs here, tiling, panel beating, painting, etc. They should be put together and sent back to their respective countries.

^^^
No.

This doesn't make any sense. So any and all 'attacks' are fine as long as they, as you say,"drive home the point"? What is the point exactly? undecided

As so many others have pointed out on here - the businesses that were looted are run by Nigerian franchise operators, not South Africans (and even if they were run by South Africans it still wouldn't be ok to loot them). So what's your argument then?

As for your comments about Ghana and Togo - please tell me you are some high level satirist (although something tells me you aren't) trying to raise the ire of those who can't read between the lines. If you can't see the irony in protesting South African xenophobia while promoting same against Ghanaian/Togolese nationals then...
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Cantonese: 6:38am On Sep 05, 2019
rampantlover:

Ghanaians will be happy if you bring our brothers from your zoo and we will also send all these millions of useless and waste of space nigerians in Ghana. Nigerians are a menace to society and not welcome in any civilised society.

Are you a menace to society? I am not. I think you should just limit it to those who are menaces and not call Nigerians by the same wrong name.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Cantonese: 7:00am On Sep 05, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
No.

This doesn't make any sense. So any and all 'attacks' are fine as long as they, as you say,"drive home the point"? What is the point exactly? undecided

As so many others have pointed out on here - the businesses that were looted are run by Nigerian franchise operators, not South Africans (and even if they were run by South Africans it still wouldn't be ok to loot them). So what's your argument then?

As for your comments about Ghana and Togo - please tell me you are some high level satirist (although something tells me you aren't) trying to raise the ire of those who can't read between the lines. If you can't see the irony in protesting South African xenophobia while promoting same against Ghanaian/Togolese nationals then...

It is quite painful when those who have never experienced the brutality unleashed on Nigerians by citizens of other countries in their nations speak without checking.

A few years ago, upon entering into Togo, our vehicle was trapped at the border. Reason: the Togolese wanted Nigerians to leave because Nigerians had taken over their businesses and women. Unfortunately the innocent among the Nigerians were made to suffer. You probably do not understand the extremities of xenophobia, particularly when it involves Nigerians. Granted that there are many irresponsible Nigerians out there. The bad Nigerians are only a small fraction of the decent ones in foreign lands. The innocent lose their lives. Many families back here grieve daily over the loss of their loved ones.

Now look at the attacks on the so called SA interests here. We never knew about South African interests until they were publicized. People were told that Shoprite, DSTV and MTN belonged to South Africa and they targeted them.

See, no single one has the prerogative of violence. The black man believes in an eye for an eye no matter the pretence of religious inclination. The South African police turned the other way. Baba go slow made no move. Several times Nigerians at home threatened reprisals and nothing was done. Definitely we expected this action to arise someday.

The Zimbabwean president spoke about the attacks on their own people. Surely with this we hope the SA authorities will wake up to the reality of the matter and do something about it.

Looting of people’s property is highly irresponsible but when you have such governments and leaders what do you expect?
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Ijaya123: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2019
Kay17:

So basically it is a failure of a government to provide security which is a familiar story in Nigeria. Our government has it difficult to provide Nigerians with the security they need from external and internal threats. So why blame SA businesses in Nigeria especially when they are beneficial to the economy in terms of providing jobs and services?

To the part in bold, where did I do that?
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2019
Cantonese:

It is quite painful when those who have never experienced the brutality unleashed on Nigerians by citizens of other countries in their nations speak without checking.

A few years ago, upon entering into Togo, our vehicle was trapped at the border. Reason: the Togolese wanted Nigerians to leave because Nigerians had taken over their businesses and women. Unfortunately the innocent among the Nigerians were made to suffer. You probably do not understand the extremities of xenophobia, particularly when it involves Nigerians. Granted that there are many irresponsible Nigerians out there. The bad Nigerians are only a small fraction of the decent ones in foreign lands. The innocent lose their lives. Many families back here grieve daily over the loss of their loved ones.

Now look at the attacks on the so called SA interests here. We never knew about South African interests until they were publicized. People were told that Shoprite, DSTV and MTN belonged to South Africa and they targeted them.

See, no single one has the prerogative of violence. The black man believes in an eye for an eye no matter the pretence of religious inclination. The South African police turned the other way. Baba go slow made no move. Several times Nigerians at home threatened reprisals and nothing was done. Definitely we expected this action to arise someday.

The Zimbabwean president spoke about the attacks on their own people. Surely with this we hope the SA authorities will wake up to the reality of the matter and do something about it.

Looting of people’s property is highly irresponsible but when you have such governments and leaders what do you expect?

^^^

No Sir.

You are missing the point (no pun intended).

The most important part of your response is the part I set in bold font. It says all that needs to be said.

Your government is your voice. It is supposed to represent you. It is supposed to work for you. It is supposed to speak for you. If it does not do any of these things - and you (by 'you' I mean Nigerians as a group) cannot bend it to your will and hold it accountable then you are to blame.

If Nigerians cannot force their government to act in the interests of Nigerians (both home and abroad) then who will do it? Is it the Saudis, Russians or the Chinese? undecided

The stupidity of the events of the last 48 hours (after the SA news broke) is breathtaking. Nigerians clearly bore the brunt of the looting here. I am ready to wager that the people who suffered losses here do not have a hand in any of the events in SA. So whose interests were served then?

There are rules in this game. There is a reason why troublemakers dare not touch the nationals of some countries - their governments will breathe so hard down the necks of the troublemakers home governments - they'll wonder what hit them.

There are rules in this game.

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Pacesetter123(m): 11:20am On Sep 05, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
There is nothing "pacesetting' about what you have cobbled together up there.

You have the nerve to blame Nigerian businessmen for setting up shop in any building under the Shoprite franchise. undecided Where do we even begin to unravel the weirdness in that mindset? Do you know how the world works?

Have you owned or run a business before? Do you have any idea what it means to conceive a business, birth it, nurture it? Do you know anything about creating value? Do you? undecided
Why r u so hasty in ur submission? Do you know wot is called identity management in time of crisis? U didn't hear wen NANS gave several warnings n naming their targets for revenge if de senseless killing in SA persist? Wen de crisis escalated in SA on Sunday,wot stops u from taking safety measures to secure ur biznes, knowing fully well dat it's situated in a target complex? Do u know dat wearing a military uniform is a thing of pride n honour? But wen dere was misunderstanding b/w de army n de police in Taraba,de army authority warned dat any soldier on pass, should wear mufti for de time being to avoid altercation with police on de way.So if after hearing de warning,u as a civilian wen ahead to wear military uniform for wotever reason best known to u, unfortunately u r killed by police for instance in retaliation.Do ur family has moral right to come out n ask for compensation dat after all u weren't even a military man n as such not de police main target? Go n learn how to manage ur identity well during crisis to avoid always playing a victim card.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2019
Pacesetter123:
Why r u so hasty in ur submission? Do you know wot is called identity management in time of crisis? U didn't hear wen NANS gave several warnings n naming their targets for revenge if de senseless killing in SA persist? Wen de crisis escalated in SA on Sunday,wot stops u from taking safety measures to secure ur biznes, knowing fully well dat it's situated in a target complex? Do u know dat wearing a military uniform is a thing of pride n honour? But wen dere was misunderstanding b/w de army n de police in Taraba,de army authority warned dat any soldier on pass, should wear mufti for de time being to avoid altercation with police on de way.So if after hearing de warning,u as a civilian wen ahead to wear military uniform for wotever reason best known to u, unfortunately u r killed by police for instance in retaliation.Do ur family has moral right to come out n ask for compensation dat after all u weren't even a military man n as such not de police main target? Go n learn how to manage ur identity well during crisis to avoid always playing a victim card.

^^^
Having read your 'response' up there, I have no doubt it was a mistake to engage you in the first place.

Do have a good day, Sir.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by jesmond3945: 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
executive12:

I know you don't have anything to lose. That is why you feel comfortable supporting violence and looting against Nigerian businesses. Get yourself a job or set up a business.
i dont support something that is inevitable. You live in a bubble, you don't know what the other person feels, if you do your mindset would change. How can i stop a wounded lion? When israel bombs civilians in reprisals we dont support them but it is inevitable that civilians would be bombed. It is called collateral damage and it is inevitable.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by jesmond3945: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^

undecided

I see.

What goes round comes round.

Good you are exposing your mindset - at least its all in the open now.

What I can't stand is the duplicity being exhibited by your kind. In one breath you casually excuse the looting by calling it collateral damage. In another breath you claim not to support the carnage on Nigerians (whatever that means undecided). Make up your damn mind! Where do you stand?

it is a war situation bro and it is inevitable. If your shop was burnt in SA i dont think you would think twice about attacking or looting anything SA. Our government never did anything the people had to take the law into their hands. My brother throaway sentiments and be real for once.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
jesmond3945:
it is a war situation bro and it is inevitable. If your shop was burnt in SA i dont think you would think twice about attacking or looting anything SA. Our government never did anything the people had to take the law into their hands. My brother throaway sentiments and be real for once.

^^^
No Sir.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I will repeat my response to other posters who share your viewpoint.

Nigerians living in Nigeria gathered the harvest of the grapes of wrath seeded 5 days ago. Not South Africans. Nigerians running their franchise businesses, trying to make a living, earn a profit and create value - they are the ones counting their losses at the moment.

Let that sink in for a minute.

And even if all the shops looted in Lagos were owned 100% by South Africans it still wouldn't be ok to loot them. But let's put that aside for now - and deal with the facts of the case - the businesses are largely owned and run by Nigerians. If these businesses are all owned and run by Nigerians then what has been gained by looting them? What point has been made? Whose interests have been served? undecided

The answer to all this is the part of your post I set in bold font. How can you call a government yours if it does nothing when your interests are being threatened? And if it does nothing to advance or protect your interests, what have you (and I) done to get rid of it? Is taking the law into our own hands - and hurting other Nigerians (who are also victims) the solution? undecided

You can "keep it real" - just make sure it doesn't go wrong.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Pacesetter123(m): 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
Having read your 'response' up there, I have no doubt it was a mistake to engage you in the first place.

Do have a good day, Sir.
Good day too!
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by DevilhimseIf: 7:09am On Sep 07, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Ftc? Fighting for ftc in NL when your mates are fighting for tangible things.

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / MAKE MONEY ON UBER and TAXIFY. Download the Guide to Rideshare 3 for Free!!! / Inside Ibadan Precious Stone Market: Strabag Precious Stone International Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.