Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos (70179 Views)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Hypnotism: 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
So we should start killing South Africans too or what exactly is your point as you write full ground so ?!
swaggzo:
Another clear picture, showing that many Nigerians are dullàrds.

They're killing our people in South Africa, we're here looting shops.. Showing the whole world that it is food that is our problems.

For Christ's sake how is packing drinks and biscuits from shoprite equal to the humans and properties being burnt in South Africa?
How does attacking a mere shop of a South African businessman affect the hundreds of illiterate South Africans causing the chaos over there? How does this stop the war?

You want to get back at South African.... Yet you ignore DSTV. You put your MTN SIM in your pocket..... And then head down to SHOPRITE where there's food, because of hunger and poverty?

I'm very disappointed, and ashamed to say I'm a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
Bluehill1051:
E remain Stanbic ibtc bank make them go loot if them get mind

^^^
Exactly. I will take them seriously when they invade that bank's vaults and make away with hard currency. For now they have focused only on soft targets selling food and drink etc.

Criminals.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by JeffreyJames(m): 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
Even bloggers don't know the difference between a Mall and ShopRite
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by ikay00406(m): 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
tollyboy5:
it's easier to seat and type nonsense and don't pretend like you care about people who died. and stop posting novare shit mall that is fake news.
SA are killing Nigerians and you'll telling people to calm down. foolish people like you is what made police killed a nigeria to protect foreign business.
go and revive the dead nau! since some Nigeria who loose their job. undecided

So because South Africans are killing Nigerians we should loot, kill and create anarchy..Two wrongs don't make a right. If it's an eye for an eye everyone will become blind. There are other proper ways of handling situations like this without stupidly looting stores that are probably owned by Nigerians.. Love not Hate.. One Unity.. One Africa..

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
This thread provides clear evidence that there are too many of us who are criminal opportunists - just looking for a chance (however small) to cause great harm to our fellow countrymen human beings.

Not just one poster but several have come on this thread to justify and defend the looting. undecided To these people, it doesn't matter that the shops being looted are franchises owned by people (be they Nigerians or South Africans or whomever) who may not have a hand in what's going on in SA.

A couple of voices of reason pointed out the insanity in this and these criminals in training rounded on them with one ill-thought out justification or another for looting - looting deceptively marketed as protest. undecided

At least now we know who you are.

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Chiachifranklin: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
swaggzo:

They're killing our people in South Africa, we're here looting shops.. Showing the whole world that it is food that is our problems.

For Christ's sake how is packing drinks and biscuits from shoprite equal to the humans and properties being burnt in South Africa?
How does attacking a mere shop of a South African businessman affect the hundreds of illiterate South Africans causing the chaos over there? How does this stop the war?

You want to get back at South African.... Yet you ignore DSTV. You put your MTN SIM in your pocket..... And then head down to SHOPRITE where there's food, because of hunger and poverty?

that's to tell you d level of hunger and frustration in the land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by karli4nia(m): 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
pocohantas:
They looted a friend's shop.

She doesn't even sell food o.

But beauty products. Skin care and hair care.

Them go rub relaxer tire.

So sad... I like to believe Ikeja mall was safe..
Lawlessness everywhere...
I can imagine how she will be feeling now..

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by DennisEche(m): 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
post=81921158:
These guys perpetrating all these are nothing but criminals.
They even looted shops own by Nigerians!! 
Are they all mad?
Only basards that have been praying for unrest in this nation could ever support this evil acts.
Criminals and thieves everywhere!

True.
So true.
The dullard cursed the hunger in land
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by toprealman: 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
Timinho23:
Nigerians would suffer the most if we try to revenge in the same way they dealt with us
Like the saying goes, "an eye for an eye means the whole world would go blind"
solution to all this is
1. This useless government should make indigenous Cable TV thrive in nigeria, eliminating politics and selfish interest
2. Useless GLO should get their network working for good and get their ass ready to work..
Trust me, 100better network will spring up.
Put your hand in bucket full of water..... remove it, what happens?
There is no hole left behind.....nature abhors space.
If the leave, Naija must move on

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Neddstark: 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
tollyboy5:
it's easier to seat and type nonsense and don't pretend like you care about people who died. and stop posting novare shit mall that is fake news.
SA are killing Nigerians and you'll telling people to calm down. foolish people like you is what made police killed a nigeria to protect foreign business.
go and revive the dead nau! since some Nigeria who loose their job. undecided

If you dont post a proof of any Nigerian killed during the recebt riots, you are nothing but a sheeple. Keep trying to look for breakdown in law and order to loot. Lazy youth

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Neddstark: 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
ikay00406:

@NEDDSTARK..Dont mind him.. He wants to use this opportunity to collect IPhone X from shoprite that his been eyeing since.. He is just a jobless and broke idiot.

Abi ooo.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by DeWisedon(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
Those people attacking shoprite will still foolishly recharge their MTN lines and make calls with it and also subscribe to DSTV and GOTV today instead of breaking their Simcards and damaging their DSTV if really they want to boycott SA products....

Must we behave foolishly like South Africans
Can lack of proper education be the cause of all these in Africa??

Those ones going to shoprite to loot rather than peaceful protest are criminals and deserved to be treated as one.

We are Nigerians and we are Civilized unlike SA that are still slaves to the White Men.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by executive12: 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
marvelous000:

if you're ashamed, then get a knife and slit your throat and save us the otiose winning.

So you support the looting of Nigerian shops by Nigerians? Are you alright at all?

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by executive12: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
jesmond3945:
if at this point you are ashamed to be a Nigerian then what would you say if you were a south african? Mind you south africa in all this are solidly behind their people.

So you are proud that some Nigerians are looting shops belonging to fellow Nigerians in Nigeria? I wonder what you do for a living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Pacesetter123(m): 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
ikay00406:

Two wrongs don't make a right.. Those looting in Nigeria aren't doing so out of patriotism, but taking advantage of an unfortunate situation to steal, loot and create anarchy.. Citizens in a more developed/civilized country like China, USA, Canada, Russia, etc wouldn't stoop so low to retaliate by looting but would impose very strict economic sanctions on South Africa while cutting off diplomatic ties simultaneously. This is a reflection of the society we live in this country Nigeria. There is hunger/poverty in the land, so any excuse to loot is appreciated.. sad
Is it those boys dat wud av imposed sanctions n severe de diplomatic tie u r talking abt with SA or our government? Ever since de SA government started sponsoring dis xenophobic attacks on us,do u see or hear our government taking any action at least to send a signal to them? So if our government is not doing anything about it,u want de Nigerian youths to also fold their hands n see small SA killing our people n looting our shops over dere without any strong signal being sent to them? Any Nigerian who places his or her biznes in any building covered by de brand name SHOPRITE should blame himself for any lost he or she encounters at this critical time.Thumps up to de great Nigerian youths for de swift reactions.A strong statement has been made by this their actions

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by executive12: 7:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
silibaba:
I was telling people to focus More on STANBIC IBTC instead of shoprite, mtn and dstv

Why?
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Jaymaestro(m): 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
Time to loot myself some PlayStation and Sony Phones.

Ibadan won't do anything .. mtchewww
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Pacesetter123(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2019
ikay00406:

So because South Africans are killing Nigerians we should loot, kill and create anarchy..Two wrongs don't make a right. If it's an eye for an eye everyone will become blind. There are other proper ways of handling situations like this without stupidly looting stores that are probably owned by Nigerians.. Love not Hate.. One Unity.. One Africa..
I personally don't like this type of preaching at this critical point in time sad
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by ikay00406(m): 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
Pacesetter123:
Is it those boys dat wud av imposed sanctions n severe de diplomatic tie u r talking abt with SA or our government? Ever since de SA government started sponsoring dis xenophobic attacks on us,do u see or hear our government taking any action at least to send a signal to them? So if our government is not doing anything about it,u want de Nigerian youths to also fold their hands n see small SA killing our people n looting our shops over dere without any strong signal being sent to them? Any Nigerian who places his or her biznes in any building covered by de brand name SHOPRITE should blame himself for any lost he or she encounters at this critical time.Thumps up to de great Nigerian youths for de swift reactions.A strong statement has been made by this their actions

In my opinion I will prefer a peaceful protest in Nigeria to enable the Nigerian government place sanctions on South Africa if their government doesn't find and persecute the looters/killers of Nigerians in their country. But I would never be in support of looting shoprite or any form of vandalism. That's stooping to their level, causing unemployment for our fellow Nigerians and anarchy.

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by guynextdoor(m): 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
So sad, I must say: I really feel for the shop owners. But truth be told, we are only seeing a tip of the ice berg of what is to come: this thing transcends "xeno-whatever" sad.The buck stops right in front of the government. As long as there continues to be a yawning gap between the haves & have nots, things like this will continue to play out when the chips are down. We have serious trouble on our hands. The hunger is just too much! The earlier things change for the better for the populace, the better for all of us. A rich man in the midst of poor people, is effectively poor. Look up history, and you'd see that there's been similar uprisings in South America in which the poor masses angrily descended on the rich who weren't a part of the ruling class. We need to really shun our tribal differences, and start holding our politicians accountable, because when the "gbege" burst, they have all the security in their pockets and can afford to go unscathed. Na you and I wey dey manage 3 square meal go bear the brunt. This is not the Nigeria I envision for my lovely kids. God help us!

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by ctleurocollege: 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
guynextdoor:
[s]So sad, I must say: I really feel for the shop owners. But truth be told, we are only seeing a tip of the ice berg of what is to come: this thing transcends "xeno-whatever" sad.The buck stops right in front of the government. As long as there continues to be a yawning gap between the haves & have nots, things like this will continue to play out when the chips are down. We have serious trouble on our hands. The hunger is just too much! The earlier things change for the better for the populace, the better for all of us. A rich man in the midst of poor people, is effectively poor. Look up history, and you'd see that there's been similar uprisings in South America in which the poor masses angrily descended on the rich who weren't a part of the ruling class. We need to really shun our tribal differences, and start holding our politicians accountable, because when the "gbege"on burst, they have all the security in their pockets and can afford to go unscathed. Na you and I wey dey manage 3 square meal go bear the brunt. This is not the Nigeria I envision for my lovely kids[/s] God help us!

Ur prophecy of doom will never materialize, Nigeria was supposed to be destroyed in 2015 according to U.S intelligence report but we're still here, Nigeria is stronger than you think because of the die hard patriots and of course God

For those interested in studying in Cyprus, contact me
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by jesmond3945: 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
executive12:

So you are proud that some Nigerians are looting shops belonging to fellow Nigerians in Nigeria? I wonder what you do for a living.
forget what i do for a living. It is called colateral damage. If your mother or father or brother or sister was stoned to death I don't think you would have time to type in nairaland. Not supporting carnage on Nigerians but if this is what can make your president rise up to the occasion then there is nothing me and you can do about it.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by SoNature(m): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
ikay00406:

Two wrongs don't make a right.. Those looting in Nigeria aren't doing so out of patriotism, but taking advantage of an unfortunate situation to steal, loot and create anarchy.. Citizens in a more developed/civilized country like China, USA, Canada, Russia, etc wouldn't stoop so low to retaliate by looting but would impose very strict economic sanctions on South Africa while cutting off diplomatic ties simultaneously. This is a reflection of the society we live in this country Nigeria. There is hunger/poverty in the land, so any excuse to loot is appreciated.. sad

Maybe you need someone to remind you that your country is useless.

We need South Africa more than SA needs us.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by marvelous000: 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
executive12:

So you support the looting of Nigerian shops by Nigerians? Are you alright at all?
No, I'm terribly sick, that's why i won't have some slowpoke demean a whole nation like Nigeria, with words like "I'm ashamed of being Nigerian", because of some isolated inanity of some few.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by iammolise(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerians we funny shaa... Like; how's scattering shelves of toothpaste and looting shoprite going to prove anything
Theyre kill "Us" (people) over there.

Let's be wise abeg
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
FuckThaMod:
Thank God say no be South Africa get bet9ja, watin some boys for don do ehn grin

Hahahaha
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Kay17: 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ijaya123:

The criminal attacks on Nigerians and the SA govt inability to put a check to it.

So basically it is a failure of a government to provide security which is a familiar story in Nigeria. Our government has it difficult to provide Nigerians with the security they need from external and internal threats. So why blame SA businesses in Nigeria especially when they are beneficial to the economy in terms of providing jobs and services?
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
swaggzo:

The problem with Nigerians is that they do not know how to tackle problems in a very reasonable way all they know is paying violence with violence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by Cantonese: 10:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
swaggzo:

Bro your judgement is not accepted. An attack in what ever form it is serves the purpose of driving home the point. The point is enough of killing and maiming of Nigerians in South Africa. Enough of looting the shops of Nigerians and other African nationals by black and jobless South African youths. Who told you that there is no hunger in South Africa? Please visit there and see for yourself. With this attack, South Africa would be reminded that they have interests in other countries that can be ruined too. If other nationals from other countries can attack them this way the South Africans would realize their citizens in other countries and their properties would pay the price.

Next in line should be Ghana and Togo. These people who carry agoyin beans everywhere. They have taken over the mason jobs here, tiling, panel beating, painting, etc. They should be put together and sent back to their respective countries.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by executive12: 11:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
DeWisedon:
Those people attacking shoprite will still foolishly recharge their MTN lines and make calls with it and also subscribe to DSTV and GOTV today instead of breaking their Simcards and damaging their DSTV if really they want to boycott SA products....

Must we behave foolishly like South Africans
Can lack of proper education be the cause of all these in Africa??

Those ones going to shoprite to loot rather than peaceful protest are criminals and deserved to be treated as one.

We are Nigerians and we are Civilized unlike SA that are still slaves to the White Men.

"We are Nigerians and we are civilized...."? Really? I doubt it.
Re: This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos by executive12: 11:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
jesmond3945:
forget what i do for a living. It is called colateral damage. If your mother or father or brother or sister was stoned to death I don't think you would have time to type in nairaland. Not supporting carnage on Nigerians but if this is what can make your president rise up to the occasion then there is nothing me and you can do about it.

I know you don't have anything to lose. That is why you feel comfortable supporting violence and looting against Nigerian businesses. Get yourself a job or set up a business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / MAKE MONEY ON UBER and TAXIFY. Download the Guide to Rideshare 3 for Free!!! / Inside Ibadan Precious Stone Market: Strabag Precious Stone International Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.