Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,312 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil (24256 Views)

America 5litre Castrol Edge 0w20 Advanced Full Synthetic Engine Oil @#23,500 / Lubex Fully Synthetic Engine Oil / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by Deltatoto: 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
pawesome:
Abeg explain which one is synthetic or which one isn't.. I mean like the products..am thinking of getting a car this year so want to fully understand these
how old r u
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by mayorall(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
Boss, your boy no tell me this o. And nah from your place I dey buy Mobil one since I bought the car.

The former Oyinbo uses Conventional oil from the sticker of his last service...

But this is my second Mobil 1.

Before buying Mobil 1, it seems the oil was leaking somewhere, but after Mobil 1 in Nigeria. Zero leakage.

This is the second 5,000 miles. And Motor done go Abuja go home since March 3 times without coughing...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by Consultville(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
Na wa oooo when I was about changing to synthetic
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by greggng: 10:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
pawesome:
Abeg explain which one is synthetic or which one isn't.. I mean like the products..am thinking of getting a car this year so want to fully understand these

I sell cars...in case you would like to buy from me. Thereafter I will educate you on the type of oil your car needs. Although is written on the engine oil cap...because some people cannot see their car exact engine oil specification and where is seen, is always expensive...so Nigerians will make due with what is available . What Gazzuz is saying in essence is that if you start with panadol, don't change later to parasitamol ...in your engine case the moment you start using syntactic oil , don't change to mineral oil....is writing boldly on the body of the oil gallon so you won't have issues seeing it.

1 Like

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by ja2ken(m): 10:04pm On Sep 04, 2019
pawesome:

Before you buy oil.. Check the cans synthetic products are rated 0w- to 15w- while mineral are rated 20w- to 30w- or above

2 Likes

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by thesmallgod(m): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
Can you please differentiate between synthetic and mineral engine oil
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by pawesome(m): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
Deltatoto:
how old r u
keep calm bro..just trying to learn one or two stuffs..learning never stops

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by thesmallgod(m): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
ja2ken:

Before you buy oil.. Check the cans synthetic products are rated 0w- to 15w- while mineral are rated 20w- to 30w- or above
What is w
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
mayorall:
Boss, your boy no tell me this o. And nah from your place I dey buy Mobil one since I bought the car.

Before buying Mobil 1, it seems the oil was leaking somewhere, but after Mobil 1 in Nigeria. Zero leakage.

This is the second 5,000 miles. And Motor done go Abuja go home since March 3 times without coughing...

your vehicle is not abused, you have no problems switching

1 Like

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by freeDR(m): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
greggng:

I sell cars...in case you would like to buy from me. Thereafter I will educate you on the type of oil your car needs. Although is written on the engine oil cap...because some people cannot see their car exact engine oil specification and where is seen, is always expensive...so Nigerians will make due with what is available . What Gazzuz is saying in essence is that if you start with panadol, don't change later to parasitamol ...in your engine case the moment you start using syntactic oil , don't change to mineral oil....is writing boldly on the body of the oil gallon so you won't have issues seeing it.
You still haven't answered his question

6 Likes

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by pawesome(m): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
ja2ken:

normally use the 20w50 or so on my old car before I sold it..I never knew there was synthetic and mineral
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by Deltatoto: 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
pawesome:
keep calm bro..just trying to learn one or two stuffs..learning never stops
if u no get car ur mama or papa no get?nobody get car for una family?

1 Like

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by pawesome(m): 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
greggng:

thank you for the explanation
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by ja2ken(m): 10:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
thesmallgod:

What is w

Some say it stands for winter while some it stands for weight. .But....
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by pawesome(m): 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
Deltatoto:
if u no get car ur mama or papa no get?nobody get car for una family?
I am the type that normally just calls mechanic to come and pick my car and go fix it before I sold it in order to gather money and buy another make..I normally use total hut the synthetic and mineral,this is the first time I am hearing of it

1 Like

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
ja2ken:

Engineer thebigkendo, is this true?

grin cheesy ;
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by ja2ken(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
pawesome:
normally use the 20w50 or so on my old car before I sold it..I never knew there was synthetic and mineral

Sythentic are better and more expensive than mineral because of the special additives they contain .. But when compared to their functions... sythentic are quite cheaper...
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by pawesome(m): 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
ja2ken:

Sythentic are better and more expensive than mineral because of the special additives they contain .. But when compared to their functions... sythentic are quite cheaper...
ok...noted..will have to start going to the mechanic myself when I get another one..thank you
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

when you are done, the engine starts to smoke because you removed a layer of protective sludge from the pistons
Uncle Gazzuzz pls my car smoke sometime when i speed up,and sometimes it wont smoke,it will just behave normal, what can cause this,? note: blue smoke ni o.
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by arewafederation: 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
Deltatoto:
how old r u

How old r u? angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by ja2ken(m): 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
pawesome:
ok...noted..will have to start going to the mechanic myself when I get another one..thank you

You're welcome...Start using castrol lubricant for safer engines...
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by Deltatoto: 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
pawesome:
I am the type that normally just calls mechanic to come and pick my car and go fix it before I sold it in order to gather money and buy another make..I normally use total hut the synthetic and mineral,this is the first time I am hearing of it
e good to Dey know some of this thgs bro
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by pawesome(m): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
ja2ken:

You're welcome...Start using castrol lubricant for safer engines...
have never seen that in the north o but will check
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by chloride6: 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
Chai Dru23 that year for Uber thread

grin
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by pawesome(m): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
Deltatoto:
e good to Dey know some of this thgs bro
yes bro
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by onilanre(m): 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
thesmallgod:
Can you please differentiate between synthetic and mineral engine oil

Ask google
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by greggng: 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
freeDR:

You still haven't answer his question

https://drivinglife.net/synthetic-oil-vs-mineral-oil/

Click on that link and read everything u need to know..thank me if is helpful

1 Like

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by chloride6: 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

when you are done, the engine starts to smoke because you removed a layer of protective sludge from the pistons

Sorry boss, new cars dont have protective sludge and dont smoke how?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by radautoworks: 10:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
Consultville:
Na wa oooo when I was about changing to synthetic

It's not a problem if they've been using the RIGHT WEIGHT mineral oil. Only if wrong weight.
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by radautoworks: 10:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
mayorall:

It's not a problem if they've been using the RIGHT WEIGHT mineral oil. Only if wrong weight
Re: Warning!!!! Don't Buy Synthetic Engine Oil by ja2ken(m): 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
pawesome:
have never seen that in the north o but will check

Popular down south..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Brand New Ford Focus 2014 Transmission Overheating / Picture Of A Car In A Cage / Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.