Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria (6188 Views)

‘it’s Skewed Against Us’, Northern Senators Query Tinubu’s 2024 Budget / Distribution Of ₦‎500bn Palliatives Skewed Against North – Kano Government / Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
Xris74:

In a series of tweets on his verified Twitter handle, Saraki wrote: “Videos of Nigerians engaging in reprisal attacks in Nigeria against businesses believed, in many cases erroneously, to be owned by South Africans are disheartening and disturbing. ”

Daily Post

There you have it. Also google what Lai Mohamed said about it. Also find that video where the woman was lamenting her store looted in the Mall in Lagos.
Was he specific?

Did he mention MTN ?

MtN is owned by southafricans

Please use your head
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by Xris74: 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You are not making any sense

None of them confirmed any Nigerian ownership, both were concerned about Nigerian jobs

Do you use your head at all?

What does Board membership entail? Do you support unstrategic burning and looting of MTN and others or seizing them (as the article suggested) and compensating actual xenophobia victims? What are you arguing here?
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
GrossPrice:

SOURCE: Jentzsch, C. (2014). Opportunities and Challenges to Financing African Union Peace Operations. African Conflict and Peacebuilding Review, 4(2), 86-107. doi:10.2979/africonfpeacrevi.4.2.86

Libya contributes 15% of AU's budget until Ghaddafi's oust.

Thanks bro,

That is my point, Nigeria contributes as much as South Africa does to AU

The idot claimed that Nigeria has no influence in AU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
Xris74:

What does Board membership entail? Do you support unstrategic burning and looting of MTN and others or seizing them (as the article suggested) and compensating actual xenophobia victims? What are you arguing here?
Bro in a structure of a company

There are Shareholders✓

Board of directors ✓

And workers✓

The board are not the shareholders

My argument is that MTN belongs to South Africa not the 10% holders in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Bro in a structure of a company

The board are not the shareholders

What does that mean? You saying Board members are not shareholders? Duh!!
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:

What does that mean? Duh!!
The board of directors are selected by share holders to oversee a company.

The shareholders (ordinary shareholders) are the real owners of the company.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by GrossPrice: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
Egypt, South Sudan, Nigeria, Morocco, and Algeria [/b]are the largest contributors as they form 60 percent of the AU's budget, besides Angola that was recently added to the list, the Egyptian diplomat said.

Egypt, 5 states form 60% of the African Union's budget: Tue, Feb. 12, 2019
https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/2/64573/Egypt-5-states-form-60-of-African-Union-s-budget

@Xris74, do you see South Africa on this list.

You claim your country and by extension "you" are irrelevant, I have shown you evidence Nigeria is, in fact, doing quite well in Africa.
You claim Nigeria owes the AU and South African is a top donor, I have shown you evidence contrary to that.
You are a disgrace and a traitor.

Xris74:

We are talking of 2018 you are citing 2014 articles and Libya? When did Ghadafi die again?

Iamgrey5:
Thanks bro,
That is my point, Nigeria contributes as much as South Africa does to AU
The idot claimed that Nigeria has no influence in AU

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
Iamgrey5:
The board of directors are selected by share holders to oversee a company.

The shareholders (ordinary shareholders) are the real owners of the company.

You are a dunce. Board Members are typically part and parcel of the company shareholding. They are in most cases among the biggest shareholders in any profit making company. Go verify
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:

You are a dunce. Board Members are typically part and parcel of the company shareholding. They are in most cases among the biggest shareholders in any profit making company. Go verify
You are slow

I explained the structure of a company to you

A board member might be a shareholder but it's not a must grin

None of the current board members in MTN are shareholders.

Pick up a textbook !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
GrossPrice:
Egypt, South Sudan, Nigeria, Morocco, and Algeria [/b]are the largest contributors as they form 60 percent of the AU's budget, besides Angola that was recently added to the list, the Egyptian diplomat said.

Egypt, 5 states form 60% of the African Union's budget: Tue, Feb. 12, 2019
https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/2/64573/Egypt-5-states-form-60-of-African-Union-s-budget

.[/b]

South Sudan? Much doubt there. Perhaps they meant South Africa

Actually none of those countries are the biggest donors to the AU. Non-African Countries (US, EU, China and Turkey) are. Then I think South Africa and Nigeria as well as Egypt, Algeria and Morocco are among the top African donors.

However, 72 per cent of the AU budget is funded by external partners, which creates risks associated with fiscal constraints experienced by the economies of these partners and over dependence, thereby undermining ownership of programmes by Africans.

https://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/Sponsored/Financing-of-the-Union-By-Africa-for-Africa/4358802-4685156-vdy982/index.html
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
Member State Scale of Assessment
Assessed contribution
US$) 2018
Assessed contribution
(US$) 2019

Algeria 9.600
30,554,572.37 (2018)
26,884,393.06 (2019)
Egypt 9.600
30,554,572.37 (2018)
26,884,393.06 (2019)
Nigeria 9.600
30,554,572.37 (2018)
26,884,393.06 (2019)
South Africa 9.600
30,554,572.37 (2018)
26,884,393.06 (2019)
Morocco 9.600
30,554,572.37 (2018)
26,884,393.06 (2019)

https://au.int/sites/default/files/pages/31829-file-au_handbook_2019_english.pdf

These are the big 5 and they pay equally. South Sudan is not there. Who dash ''monkey'' Banana?

1 Like

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by selemempe: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
Xris74:

Number of shares is a private affair known only to the investor, the company, the stockbroker and the shares registrars. However, to be on the board of a company means substantial shareholding. There are still many other shareholders who are not on the Board. I own large shares in Zenith, First Bank and a couple other investments. But I am not on the Board of any because even though my shares are large, they never reach board level yetgrin grin
the bolded is not really true. Anybody can be appointed to the board of a company without owning a share if the shareholders need his/her expertise during crucial decisions.

Exqmple is okonjo iwela who sits on the board of twitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by astrodome: 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
However, 72 per cent of the AU budget is funded by external partners, which creates risks associated with fiscal constraints experienced by the economies of these partners and over dependence, thereby undermining ownership of programmes by Africans.

AU is like most other things African. Always waiting for handouts from others

Thank God they are coming to their senses by what is being proposed below

In order to streamline the implementation of non-treasury resources and make it equitable and more efficient to collect, it is proposed that member states agree to one common source to apply universally to all parties.

For ease of collection and in terms of yield, an import levy of 0.2 per cent will be imposed on eligible imports. This will yield up to $1.4 billion annually with almost 50 per cent of it to be retained at country level.

https://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/Sponsored/Financing-of-the-Union-By-Africa-for-Africa/4358802-4685156-vdy982/index.html
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
On the topic, I copied it from Facebook and posted here because I thought the argument was valid that we should not burn and loot SA investments in Nigeria. We should confiscate them, manage them and pay off the Nigerian victims of xenophobia in SA with the profits from them. These Nigerian looters are not the victims. Like their SA counterparts, they are criminals and should be arrested and prosecuted.
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by sapele914(m): 7:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
Iamgrey5:
South Africans still own the largest share in MTN Nigeria the last time I checked.

Other than Glo,which other telecom company is owned by Nigerians?
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
sapele914:
Other than Glo,which other telecom company is owned by Nigerians?
Maybe 9mobile
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by DeWisedon(m): 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
Those people attacking shoprite will still foolishly recharge their MTN lines and make calls with it and also subscribe to DSTV and GOTV today instead of breaking their Simcards and damaging their DSTV if really they want to boycott SA products....

South Africans are there attacking Nigerians and their businesses and we are here looting Nigeria owned businesses inside shoprite mall amd burning down MTN buildings where Nigerians are working.
Its still a Win Win Situation for South Africa
Una sure say we get sense at all?

Must we behave foolishly like South Africans
Can lack of proper education be the cause of all these in Africa??

Those ones going to shoprite to loot rather than peaceful protest are criminals and deserved to be treated as one.

We are Nigerians and we are Civilized
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
DeWisedon:
Those people attacking shoprite will still foolishly recharge their MTN lines and make calls with it and also subscribe to DSTV and GOTV today instead of breaking their Simcards and damaging their DSTV if really they want to boycott SA products....

South Africans are there attacking Nigerians and their businesses and we are here looting Nigeria owned businesses inside shoprite mall amd burning down MTN buildings where Nigerians are working.
Its still a Win Win Situation for South Africa
Una sure say we get sense at all?

Must we behave foolishly like South Africans
Can lack of proper education be the cause of all these in Africa??

Those ones going to shoprite to loot rather than peaceful protest are criminals and deserved to be treated as one.

We are Nigerians and we are Civilized

Clap! Clap!! Clap!!!. You have said it the way I would. Thanks
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by MPSA(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:
On the topic, I copied it from Facebook and posted here because I thought the argument was valid that we should not burn and loot SA investments in Nigeria. We should confiscate them, manage them and pay off the Nigerian victims of xenophobia in SA with the profits from them. These Nigerian looters are not the victims. Like their SA counterparts, they are criminals and should be arrested and prosecuted.
If this is your plan, You will never see South African companies in your Country, grin You are truly Backward grin
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by MPSA(m): 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
You Guys talk like you're on the same level with South Africa , Giant Comments are always coming out time and again grin
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2019
MPSA:

If this is your plan, You will never see South African companies in your Country, grin You are truly Backward grin

Nigeria has a bigger economy and market than SA. You need us than we need you. You can deport the 30K Nigerians in your country. You did not have to kill them. Bunch of unthinking lazy barbarians.

2 Likes

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by MPSA(m): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:

Nigeria has a bigger economy and market than SA. You need us than we need you. You can deport the 30K Nigerians in your country. You did not have to kill them. Bunch of unthinking lazy barbarians.

Oooh Please, All companies that you see in your Country are from South Africa, You have Nothing to beat your Chest of grin I don't Promote Xenophobic But you are talking rubb!$h grin You aren't even closer to the level of South Africa, That one is a fact grin I don't Believe our investors will come from now onwards, Remember! They
are South Africans grin ,You Watch everything South Africans, Your Malls is South African, Almost Everything is South African, We have so many things in South Africa, You aren't even closer, Believe me grin
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
MPSA:

Oooh Please, All companies that you see in your Country are from South Africa, You have Nothing to beat your Chest of grin I don't Promote Xenophobic you are talking rubb!$h grin You aren't even closer to the level of South Africa, That one is a fact grin

Without the whites in SA ya'll Zulus and Xhosas be dead of hunger. Lazy buffoons whose girls leave for more virile Nigerians. Tell me, what is making ya'll mad about Nigerians in SA? You cant fu-ck ya girls, we fu-ck them for you; you say we give you drugs, then you are foolish and lazy to accept it. Still, 99% of criminal murder and rape in Africa occur in SA and perpetrated by South Africans. The rich Nigerians are richer than the rich South Africans. The poor south Africans are poorer than the poor Nigerians. Only white South Africans are rich and ya''ll work for them as slaves. Can you mention one black South African who has achieved anything globally? If you do, I give you names of 100 Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
MPSA:

Oooh Please, All companies that you see in your Country are from South Africa, You have Nothing to beat your Chest of grin I don't Promote Xenophobic But you are talking rubb!$h grin You aren't even closer to the level of South Africa, That one is a fact grin I don't Believe They will come from now onwards, You Watch everything South Africans, Your Malls is South African, Almost Everything is South African, We have so many things in South Africa, You aren't even closer, Believe me grin
@ emboldened

Who told you this lies
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by madenigga(m): 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
who gives a Bleep, abi your papa dae work there?

we die here.

why would Nigerians open a business, fund it then go to south Africa and obtain a franchise undecided

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by MPSA(m): 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
spectroscopic:

Without the whites in SA ya'll Zulus and Xhosas be dead of hunger. Lazy buffoons whose girls leave for more virile Nigerians. Tell me, what is making ya'll mad about Nigerians in SA? You cant fu-ck ya girls, we fu-ck them for you; you say we give you drugs, then you are foolish and lazy to accept it. Still, 99% of criminal murder and rape in Africa occur in SA and perpetrated by South Africans. The rich Nigerians are richer than the rich South Africans. The poor south Africans are poorer than the poor Nigerians. Only white South Africans are rich and ya''ll work for them as slaves. Can you mention one black South African who has achieved anything globally? If you, do I give you names of 100 Nigerians.

Listen to this Backward P-orn Star, grin
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by UniversalDove: 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
Well punctuated write up. Haven't read an article as sweet and eye soothing in a while
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
MPSA:

Listen to this Backward P-orn Star, grin

Please address the question of why black SAs are lazy and enslaved by white people. White SAs are 10% of your population but they own 99% of the wealth and 85% of the land. Unless you are a White SAn, you have no business being alive. You're better off dead. Even the Indian SAn are way ahead of ya''ll.

1 Like

Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
UniversalDove:
Well punctuated write up. Haven't read an article as sweet and eye soothing in a while

Lol. I agree too. When someone has a PhD from Germany (as the writer indicated) what do you expect? grin grin grin grin
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

Who told you this lies

Are you minding him?
Re: SA Vs Nigeria – I Am Sorry, But The Field Is Skewed Against Nigeria by spectroscopic: 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
madenigga:
who gives a Bleep, abi your papa dae work there?

we die here.

why would Nigerians open a business, fund it then go to south Africa and obtain a franchise undecided

Why do Chinese and Indians use US Franchise names in China and India? Why are hotel and apartment owners in Europe using Trump's name on their buildings?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do The Igbos Refuse To Go Into Manufacturing? / I Checked Desmond Eliots Profile On Wikipedia And I Saw This (photos) / Enugu: Keke, Okada Riders To Regulate Operations In Igbo-Eze South, North LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.