Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience (15850 Views)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Top 8 Jobs With High Employment Chances For Fresh Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by ccffwx: 11:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
There's evidence to all of this:

I burnt the midnight candle, worked hard and sweated to make a good grade at the university. I graduated with a First Class degree and as best graduating student. I was never given any prize nor rewarded. I tried to partake of the Graduate Assistantship, but was always denied though my total GP was above 4.8. I was constantly attacked and passed through so much.

I still began a Master's programme which I struggled to fund. I used to give motivational talks having published my first book. I scrounged to eke a living in order to finish my programme and I did.

Now, my passion for education led me to teach in schools as I keep working towards my goal of joining the academia. I want my brain to be tapped judiciously.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Cindy222(f): 11:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
CaptainMitch:
The guy looks familiar like a barrister I know from Uniabuja
Yea Solex abi na Solace. He is from Benue State too. Its him. He studied law in gwags.
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Mykeolinks: 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hmm...really interesting thread...well I finished service in 2016 and ventured into poultry farming but didn't really get it right the first time... lost a few hundreds of thousands though I got burnt but I left with valuable lessons. I still have intentions of going back into the business though (by the way I saved up the money I used for the poultry biz while serving, tutorials, teaching and all that hustle). Still trying to gather myself again so as to go back jnto the business again. No stable or should I say choice job yet but God has been awesome teaching and tutorials are still paying the bills

2 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Harlem2(m): 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
Sheriman:
I graduated in 2016 since then no job and said to myself i can't stay idle.. immediately i signed into Street Hustle...My brother E no easy but na Naija we dey The hustle pays the bills..I can't engage in fraud..
University Graduate turns Trailer And Truck Washer.. grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

Jesus Christ
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by qanda: 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
To create employment opportunities, a friend and I created a marketplace for distributing educational and career materials - Q and A App.

There are currently four active sellers on the App, in about 15 months, these early adopters have made combined revenue of about 1 million Naira, the potential is huge.

If you have career and educational materials, pls distribute them on Q and A App. If you want to sit for any job test or professional exams, source study materials from Q and A App...that way you'd be fuelling my hustle and those of the App users.

Get Q and A App from Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

2 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Harlem2(m): 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
I listened to a program on the radio..... people discussing about how a graduate can start hustle with (groundnut selling, chin-chin production, candle making) and I was laughing
Job that it's meant for low people graduate should pick it up
That's why I advise people to study engineering (you can stand on your own....)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by poetictwenty(m): 12:05am On Sep 05, 2019
my little story,... A graduate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering -power systems and Electrical machine option. finished services in march, with no job yet, I decided to learn the practicals to the numerous theories I was taught in school from a roadside technician,...5 months later, I'm proud I took that decision.Atleast, I worry less about what to eat and wear .
#legit hustle

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 05, 2019
Well my story is kind of different.
When I gained admission into school,I just turned 21 and had just returned from my missionary journey to Europe.
I have a wealth of experience in business since I was born in it and every single person in my family does one business or the other and as an igbo you must participate in the family business whether you like it or not undecided
So one day I was with my brother i one African country where he is based and he said he is looking.for an equipment.
He had looked everywhere for it and wanted to contact the US to import it.It was a CAT engine(D6 3306) which powers caterpillars and some heavy equipment.
Long story short,I got the contract from him,made him advance 1m for it and I used more 600k that was to be used for fees to purchase the equipment from mgbuka obosi,onitsha.
Long story short,I delivered and in time too and I remember him giving me the balance in cash cheesy
I almost jump as I make 300k.
It didn't end there,word got out that I could deliver such equipment due to people that saw how clean what I brought was and I started getting calls grin
It didn't make me a lot of money because it's not an everyday business but it takes me to a lot of places.
Then I landed in trouble after delivering a faulty Actros 3340(wasn't intentional) full engine to a very powerful lawyer.
Long story short,them detain me o but my mom was too powerful for them to contend with.
So I got out,called my friend that we both run the business together for a drink while we brainstorm on what next to do.
Over drinks,we discovered that we could start bringing in drinks from Nigeria to that country as it was so expensive there.
My friend being a like mind like me brought all the money for his rent and fees for the expensive Catholic school he was attending so we start doing the business together.
We put resources together and boom,started breaking even immediately.
That was how I entered export,to import and now I've earned the title of importer/exporter and in fact an expert in almost all commodity businesses across west and central Africa lol grin
Never looked for work after school nor did I even bother with their NYSC.
I was already super good in my 4th year sef(nigga rolled in a benz to school cheesy ).
Just continued with my trade and today we still on it,wiser,bigger and better.
In anything you do,believe in it,love it,cherish it,worship it and know it to the latter.no knowledge is useless

If you don't make money if you have these values ehn,make I bend!
School is not for everyone!Identify what works for you and capitalise on it.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by KingAzubuike(f): 12:24am On Sep 05, 2019
ccffwx:
There's evidence to all of this:

I burnt the midnight candle, worked hard and sweated to make a good grade at the university. I graduated with a First Class degree and as best graduating student. I was never given any prize nor rewarded. I tried to partake of the Graduate Assistantship, but was always denied though my total GP was above 4.8. I was constantly attacked and passed through so much.

I still began a Master's programme which I struggled to fund. I used to give motivational talks having published my first book. I scrounged to eke a living in order to finish my programme and I did.

Now, my passion for education led me to teach in schools as I keep working towards my goal of joining the academia. I want my brain to be tapped judiciously.
First class and best graduating student? I'm not saying you're lying.... only that your type scarce for nairaland grin

2 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by FreeMejoor1(m): 1:10am On Sep 05, 2019
nwanneni:
Well my story is kind of different.
When I gained admission into school,I just turned 21 and had just returned from my missionary journey to Europe.
I have a wealth of experience in business since I was born in it and every single person in my family does one business or the other and as an igbo you must participate in the family business whether you like it or not undecided
So one day I was with my brother i one African country where he is based and he said he is looking.for an equipment.
He had looked everywhere for it and wanted to contact the US to import it.It was a CAT engine(D6 3306) which powers caterpillars and some heavy equipment.
Long story short,I got the contract from him,made him advance 1m for it and I used more 600k that was to be used for fees to purchase the equipment from mgbuka obosi,onitsha.
Long story short,I delivered and in time too and I remember him giving me the balance in cash cheesy
I almost jump as I make 300k.
It didn't end there,word got out that I could deliver such equipment due to people that saw how clean what I brought was and I started getting calls grin
It didn't make me a lot of money because it's not an everyday business but it takes me to a lot of places.
Then I landed in trouble after delivering a faulty Actros 3340(wasn't intentional) full engine to a very powerful lawyer.
Long story short,them detain me o but my mom was too powerful for them to contend with.
So I got out,called my friend that we both run the business together for a drink while we brainstorm on what next to do.
Over drinks,we discovered that we could start bringing in drinks from Nigeria to that country as it was so expensive there.
My friend being a like mind like me brought all the money for his rent and fees for the expensive Catholic school he was attending so we start doing the business together.
We put resources together and boom,started breaking even immediately.
That was how I entered export,to import and now I've earned the title of importer/exporter and in fact an expert in almost all commodity businesses across west and central Africa lol grin
Never looked for work after school nor did I even bother with their NYSC.
I was already super good in my 4th year sef(nigga rolled in a benz to school cheesy ).
Just continued with my trade and today we still on it,wiser,bigger and better.
In anything you do,believe in it,love it,cherish it,worship it and know it to the latter.no knowledge is useless

If you don't make money if you have these values ehn,make I bend!
School is not for everyone!Identify what works for you and capitalise on it.
populous nwanneni grin Benz Benz that benz get different models sha

1 Like

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by RxSameer(m): 2:21am On Sep 05, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
Finished service 2014, couldn't go back home. What will I be doing at home? Mama will be expecting something from me. I stayed back, rented small apartment and started teaching in a private secondary school. The school owed salary like witch. I opened tutorial center and started taking students on Waec and Jamb lessons. The centre was growing. I saved some money and added business too. I will go to Onitsha and buy good wears and resell. I was doing it and was really making some cash. It wasn't easy. Then the business grew to a big boutique. I enrol for my Masters and as God may have it, I found favour in someone and I recently got employed as a lecturer in a federal institution.
Just expecting my first salary.
This is my first good job since 2014 I finished service.
Don't give up. Let me also tell u that at some point in life I felt frustrated. Friends started avoiding my calls. I was alone. Only my girlfriend stood by me. Sometimes weekends I won't have even 500 naira. I will call her and she will send me 4k to use it and cook good food at least. She will be my wife soonest.
Don't give up. Don't. Is not easy in Nigeria. And if you are opportune, don't see others as if they are lazy. Nobody knows tomorrow.
my Broder God will bless dat ur galfrnd abeg hold her tight n never make her cry becox her type is somehow rare

3 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by propsvilla3: 3:07am On Sep 05, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
Finished service 2014, couldn't go back home. What will I be doing at home? Mama will be expecting something from me. I stayed back, rented small apartment and started teaching in a private secondary school. The school owed salary like witch. I opened tutorial center and started taking students on Waec and Jamb lessons. The centre was growing. I saved some money and added business too. I will go to Onitsha and buy good wears and resell. I was doing it and was really making some cash. It wasn't easy. Then the business grew to a big boutique. I enrol for my Masters and as God may have it, I found favour in someone and I recently got employed as a lecturer in a federal institution.
Don't give up. Let me also tell u that at some point in life I felt frustrated. Friends started avoiding my calls. I was alone. Only my girlfriend stood by me. Sometimes weekends I won't have even 500 naira. I will call her and she will send me 4k to use it and cook good food at least. She will be my wife soonest.
Don't give up. Don't. Is not easy in Nigeria. And if you are opportune, don't see others as if they are lazy. Nobody knows tomorrow.
Thank Your God you met an understanding girl
Please cherish her very well her type is very rare commodity
There are many hungry wolfs in the name of girl friend this day
They will dry your pocket and once they are through with you they will petch on another victim

1 Like

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Sheriman(m): 4:30am On Sep 05, 2019
[quote author=Harlem2 post=81930733]

Jesus Christ.
Sheybe na people like you go dey act like Buhari pikin go dey start to dey form carry dia shoulder up dey do yanga.. a lot of graduates outside have find solace by getting Uber Oride Opay works no be Modernize Commercial Motorcyclist be that.. A lot of graduates are teaching in all these mushrooms established private schools all across Naija receiving peanuts of 10K 12K 14K. Per month nko.. And better job is still not forthcoming.
All those Fine Fine Girls and handsome bobo we dey Shoprites, Konga 3CHubs Slot Outlets Nationwide no be packaged Salesmen and Saleswomen be that..
Grown up Ladies and gentleMen wey all these useless banks go give forms make them find customers for them and start to dey Waka up and down in the scorching sun looking for customers nko The more customers you got the more they you. No be modernized Salesgirls be that...
All go say na hustle na hustle God bless my hustle..
For this Current Naija we dey so nobody fit open him mouth gbagada go dey start to beshame other people Street hustle as far as I am concerned..
Thank You!!!

6 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Habidab: 5:28am On Sep 05, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
I wept after reading this, it's really motivating.
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Ademat7(m): 5:43am On Sep 05, 2019
exco90:
Finished service April this year... Worked in private school haven't collected my money till this moment.. to cut story short have rented 2 bedrooms apartment .. using it for tutorial centre.. the problem now is the place is very expensive.. haven't been seeing students.. I pray they should come.. my rents is counting..
Let other people use it for personal training and workshop and charge on hourly rent basis.
You can also add sport like table tennis, snooker in the evening plus drinks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Juliearth(f): 6:07am On Sep 05, 2019
Penaldo:

Nigerian graduates are really breaking the bounds and making this work in the country despite the level of joblessness in the land.

Share your How have I made it work story as a comment.

I just read the story of Jossy a graduate whose story went viral at some point was selling food on a wheel barrow but Mamador turned her into one who had a mobile kitchen via their CSR then.

Share yours

I am am into information brokery for a fee. I package information for my clients based on their needs. This information could be related to academic work, business... I am also a small-scale caterer( small scale because I am still in school), Finally, I am into data analysis using SPSS mostly. These have been my hustle. Note that my parents are ever ready to support, but at my age and with my exposure, I would rather not indulge them.

"You" can contact me for your information services.

2 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Juliearth(f): 6:10am On Sep 05, 2019
chrisifeanyi:

Wow! I love this. Grace found you and I tap into your grace. Your wife is a rare gem and I know you know. I also know that you won't trade her love for anything nor cheat on her. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Harlem2(m): 6:17am On Sep 05, 2019
Sheriman:

Chai..... corporate sales girls
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by iknowexperts: 6:22am On Sep 05, 2019
classicalbenson:
when an undergraduate sees this post,to become a graduate becomes so scary..in this country the future isnt bright at all,the pressure to succeed is fierce but the means isnt available.

True.

And when a wise undergraduate sees this very great thread he'd know it will be sensible to start earning income while still in school. No matter how small.

Makes life easier afterwards

1 Like

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 05, 2019
FreeMejoor1:
populous nwanneni grin Benz Benz that benz get different models sha
yeah.that's why I have owned a lot of them wink
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by bankolefun(m): 6:47am On Sep 05, 2019
I am still writing my story... meanwhile this is one of my handworks, buh in precisis ehn i am into map making and real estate biz.

2 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by exco90(m): 6:59am On Sep 05, 2019
Ademat7:

Let other people use it for personal training and workshop and charge on hourly rent basis.
You can also add sport like table tennis, snooker in the evening plus drinks

initially I planned doing that.. told the woman that I will be showing match.. and bring table tennis to the place she said no.. the place is a fenced house on a good location.. and she do travel alot.. she said it will give thieves the opportunity to spy on her..

2 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Emmanuel602(m): 7:02am On Sep 05, 2019
Started my first betshop with my NYSC savings and small loan from family and friends late 2017. Now on my third shop grin don't think I can work for anybody or the government ever in my life

3 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Shollyjay90(m): 7:04am On Sep 05, 2019
well just feel like dropping something too, finished service in 2017, since then I have been teaching up till now, hoping to get a good job later, I recently learnt mini importation, and the profit is massive cos I am good at selling things, even that's what I can do best but the problem is enough capital, if u are in Ib and willing to partner with me.
I can also teach u how to do it but it comes a token fee.
Chat me on Whatsapp zero seven zero three two two four nine six five two.
But I will never give up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Ademat7(m): 7:16am On Sep 05, 2019
exco90:

initially I planned doing that.. told the woman that I will be showing match.. and bring table tennis to the place she said no.. the place is a fenced house on a good location.. and she do travel alot.. she said it will give thieves the opportunity to spy on her..
Will she pay part of the rent? I'm not understanding? Old pple and their stone age mentality.
Buildings are meant to be maximized
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by ccffwx: 7:19am On Sep 05, 2019
Like I said; there is evidence.

KingAzubuike:

First class and best graduating student? I'm not saying you're lying.... only that your type scarce for nairaland grin
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Realhommie(m): 7:20am On Sep 05, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
Really touching and inspiring too.

God bless you bro, amen.
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Realhommie(m): 7:22am On Sep 05, 2019
classicalbenson:
when an undergraduate sees this post,to become a graduate becomes so scary..in this country the future isnt bright at all,the pressure to succeed is fierce but the means isnt available.
True.
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Welcomme: 7:48am On Sep 05, 2019
Job kini? I graduated since 2015...I don tire to dey look for job sef...I have been keeping myself busy with my Videography and video editing job. I also teach in a school and any other legit hustle I lay my hands on...like buying and selling. God will definitely help one day..

2 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 05, 2019
I graduated 2015 from Uniben and stayed one year to save and do my baking business which earned me the title CakeGirl as I sold cakes from one faculty to the other.Finally went for NYSC 2016/2017,came back home and dived right back into my baking business but I learnt peanut burger making and organics as well.
I worked a little with UBA for about eleven months but it was contract job and seeing that there was no hope of being retained,I quietly resigned. Now I hustle with my baking and beauty business, I don't make much but I give it my all while still applying for better opportunities and even grants to establish my business more.
In all of these, I am so grateful I learnt these skills if not maybe I'd be a SlayQueen by now. I pay my rent, fend for myself and assist my family where I can.Las las we all go make am o,better days ahead and NO to shortcuts!

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Overhaul And Relaunch Npower - Dr Betta Edu / Academic Staff Recruitment At Chrisland University (many Positions) / How To Apply For FBN Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.