Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience (15826 Views)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Top 8 Jobs With High Employment Chances For Fresh Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Penaldo: 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerian graduates are really breaking the bounds and making this work in the country despite the level of joblessness in the land.

Share your How have I made it work story as a comment.

I just read the story of Jossy a graduate whose story went viral at some point was selling food on a wheel barrow but Mamador turned her into one who had a mobile kitchen via their CSR then.

Share yours

2 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Penaldo: 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
For me, I have been surviving as a barber since I finished youth service

Jossy's full Story

Mamador gifts determined Food Hawker with a new mobile kitchen!

Remember Jossy? The Nigerian graduate whose story went viral as she revealed she earned good money from selling food with a wheelbarrow? Well, there’s more news to celebrate! Josephine not only inspired people with her story, but also attracted the attention of food giants, Mamador.

Josephine’s hard work was rewarded as the Mamador team visited her in Abuja to present her with a brand new mobile kitchen as part of the Mamador Empowerment Initiative for food entrepreneurs. The gifts did not stop there, Josephine was also gifted with Mamador products, ranging from the Cooking Oil, Seasoning and Margarine; and other branded gift items. Going through the stress of pushing her food around is now a thing of the past, thanks to Mamador.

Speaking at the official presentation, Category Development Manager, PZ Wilmar Food Ltd, Toyin Popoola-Dania said that Josephine’s story was inspiring, stating that the brand was impressed by her drive to support herself, her family and also improve her standard of living.

“We came across Josephine’s story and were instantly impressed by her resourcefulness and positive personality. As we have done in the past providing support for small businesses such as hers, we would like to press forward with our empowerment initiative hence, the initiative to reach out to Josephine. This is in line with Mamador’s purpose to ensure consumers have access to healthy and tasty meals at all times. Josephine can now invigorate her family and customers with healthy and tasty food options, courtesy Mamador Oil, Seasoning and Margarine; and with the mobile kitchen, she can drive more efficiency to her business as she makes her meal on-the-go. The mobile kitchen gives her better mobility to reach more people and be more productive,” she said.

Josephine, who couldn’t contain her joy, was full of praise for Mamador and everyone who shared her story and made it go viral.

29 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
Never hustled, things were easy for me, thank God.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by puredigital(f): 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
For Me I gat to setup Digital Agency(Website development and Digital marketing) since I am a programmer smiley
No job anywhere

You can check my signature if you need our service

2 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by yusufobinna1(m): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
Penaldo:
God will bless your hustle, it's gonna be well someday

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by kereman1: 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerians are rili suffering imagine a graduate selling food with wheel barow, while senators bag N29m every month, weather active or inactive.

Ohhh lord if there is any way u can just wipe all the corrupt leaders, pls we the masses will be extremely grateful.

34 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Kendumazy(m): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
OK
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Johncuba(m): 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
God bless Nigerian Graduates. The hustle is real! May all our desires be granted..
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by cnwamo(m): 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nothing beats a legitimate income. It gives peace of mind. She’s a role model especially in times like this when people no longer frown at questionable wealth but are more interested in what you bring to the table not how you got it.

21 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by RexTramadol1: 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
Plenty hustle, teaching, selling accessories, courier, MC, I don even forget some

Okay I even cut grass, help them pack gutter sand

Infact, I forget say I don be omo butty before

Na only Yahoo, fraud, stealing or anything illegal I no try do

Infact I don reason Sügår mummyism before

Nigeria ehn! To God be the glory!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by MrGreenMavro: 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ok
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by toprealman: 9:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
Igodie to EFE...If I tell you my story bro......
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by OBTMOS(m): 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
Am still praying to God for direction... it's not easy

5 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by chrisifeanyi: 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2019
Finished service 2014, couldn't go back home. What will I be doing at home? Mama will be expecting something from me. I stayed back, rented small apartment and started teaching in a private secondary school. The school owed salary like witch. I opened tutorial center and started taking students on Waec and Jamb lessons. The centre was growing. I saved some money and added business too. I will go to Onitsha and buy good wears and resell. I was doing it and was really making some cash. It wasn't easy. Then the business grew to a big boutique. I enrol for my Masters and as God may have it, I found favour in someone and I recently got employed as a lecturer in a federal institution.
Just expecting my first salary.
This is my first good job since 2014 I finished service.
Don't give up. Let me also tell u that at some point in life I felt frustrated. Friends started avoiding my calls. I was alone. Only my girlfriend stood by me. Sometimes weekends I won't have even 500 naira. I will call her and she will send me 4k to use it and cook good food at least. She will be my wife soonest.
Don't give up. Don't. Is not easy in Nigeria. And if you are opportune, don't see others as if they are lazy. Nobody knows tomorrow.

217 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2019
I graduated from University after years of searching I couldn't get a job but nevertheless I bought a laptop,a modem from my little savings and started combing the web for ideas,I took interest in ecommerce selling,as at today I own different online stores both on konga,jumia but after some years I was no longer getting much clients from this sites due to the fact that alot of folks have already moved into the mini importation biz hence I decided to move into foreign based platforms like Amazon selling different tech products to lots of buyers,I get my stocks from different manufacturers online mostly from China,I use the dropship mode of selling to get this products delivered to my clients.Most of the online money making ideas I had where gotten from success digest newspaper which I read on daily basis.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by yesloaded: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
Penaldo:
geri geri grin

God bless your hustle bro

4 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by molybdenum0012: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
Tutoring all the way..

Check my signature to book an expert tutor
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by CaptainMitch: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
The guy looks familiar like a barrister I know from Uniabuja

1 Like

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
grin
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by yesloaded: 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
cnwamo:
Nothing beats a legitimate income. It gives of peace of mind. She’s a role model especially in times like this when people no longer frown at questionable wealth but are more interested in what you bring to the table not how you got it.

Say it louder plz

4 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Lamasta(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2019
My story is not complete yet cos I want to write it in a book very soon that will be published here on Nairaland
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by popoopeyemi: 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
Me I just started a small poultry in ikorodu.. I currently have broilers.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Flexherbal(m): 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
cnwamo:
Nothing beats a legitimate income. It gives peace of mind. She’s a role model especially in times like this when people no longer frown at questionable wealth but are more interested in what you bring to the table not how you got it.
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Emarc16(m): 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
Teaching has kept me going... Waiting for federal job tho

4 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
The hustle is real folks...just keep your eyes on the prize!
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by GIDIBANKZ(m): 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ever Since i Left Secondary skul, since then, i have been hustling

1 Like

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by classicalbenson(m): 9:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
when an undergraduate sees this post,to become a graduate becomes so scary..in this country the future isnt bright at all,the pressure to succeed is fierce but the means isnt available.

22 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Isokoboy(m): 9:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
Home lesson...even with a degree in engineering.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Overhaul And Relaunch Npower - Dr Betta Edu / Landover Aviation Massive Recruitment / How Much Is My Salary? Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.