Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience (15847 Views)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Top 8 Jobs With High Employment Chances For Fresh Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by sammysmiles(m): 9:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
Say ye not that the former daYS are better than now...
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
No hope in this country talk less of job sef yea
puredigital:
For Me I gat to setup Digital Agency(Website development and Digital marketing) since I am a programmer smiley
No job anywhere

You can check my signature if you need our service

1 Like

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Businext: 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
cheesy I've a shop near a university and everyday I see the students looking shiny going to school, some with a chip on their shoulders and I just smile.
They don't know I've more than one degree and what could await them after school.
When some patronise me and I show 'myself' grin they are surprised at who I am.
Humility is key, working in World Bank, Balogun market or Uber or keke for me all na work, na the money different, no be even AC or other perks oh undecided
Funny thing is that I've passive income and go for outside jobs
So many times they are of the opinion that I'm at the shop all day
Little do they know that I do morning market, afternoon marketing and evening i volunteer in an NGO or play sports cheesy

But in all, I'd still encourage education any day any time

I'm happy with my daily activities
The money may come in trickles and leave in waterfall
But it's legit work, honest work and not work of suffering

It's a long interesting story, I'd write more about God willing

#WorkLiveSchool

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Skmoda360(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
Usher, decorator ,event planning and so many side hustles...even sell recharge card in bulk.....

I'm planning on switching to Barbing or cosmetics ...no job anywhere oooooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by ChristieXty(f): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
I am a graduate of Banking and Finance,I make shoes.I am a Female shoemaker.checkout my Instagram page @ogonnacraft

17 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by patosky3310(m): 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2019
It has been teaching all the way.
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Fucklove(m): 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Never hustled, things were easy for me, thank God.
I love you and wish to marry you
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
Fucklove:
I love you and wish to marry you

Fùck love.

11 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Sonnobax15(m): 10:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
Being a graduate in this hell called nigeria is equivalent to the harsh treatments being received by nigerians in SA...The only difference is that the devil in SA has many horns while the one in charge in-here has internal smaller devils(i.e politicians)

1 Like

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by MaikartoGroup: 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by chrisifeanyi: 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
K
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by trippleKAY(m): 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
gurusmac4:
I finished university in 2015, look for Jobs for 2 years. Out of frustration, I started looking for different ways
I can earn money online even if it will pay me N5000 a month.

I just want to break out of the rat race so bad.

I didn’t want to stay at home doing nothing

My brain went into overdrive, how can I stop being broke?

I started my online business Journey with Fiverr. I offered Article writing and Photoshop design as a gig.

I earned my first dollar $ online on fiverr that was what gave me confidence that I can really earn money online.

From there, I dived into Dropshipping.
oya continue the hustle story na.... U dey ginger me
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by trippleKAY(m): 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
Finished service 2014, couldn't go back home. What will I be doing at home? Mama will be expecting something from me. I stayed back, rented small apartment and started teaching in a private secondary school. The school owed salary like witch. I opened tutorial center and started taking students on Waec and Jamb lessons. The centre was growing. I saved some money and added business too. I will go to Onitsha and buy good wears and resell. I was doing it and was really making some cash. It wasn't easy. Then the business grew to a big boutique. I enrol for my Masters and as God may have it, I found favour in someone and I recently got employed as a lecturer in a federal institution.
Just expecting my first salary.
This is my first good job since 2014 I finished service.
Don't give up. Let me also tell u that at some point in life I felt frustrated. Friends started avoiding my calls. I was alone. Only my girlfriend stood by me. Sometimes weekends I won't have even 500 naira. I will call her and she will send me 4k to use it and cook good food at least. She will be my wife soonest.
Don't give up. Don't. Is not easy in Nigeria. And if you are opportune, don't see others as if they are lazy. Nobody knows tomorrow.
thank you for this, God blessings

1 Like

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by generationz(f): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
Finished service 2014, couldn't go back home. What will I be doing at home? Mama will be expecting something from me. I stayed back, rented small apartment and started teaching in a private secondary school. The school owed salary like witch. I opened tutorial center and started taking students on Waec and Jamb lessons. The centre was growing. I saved some money and added business too. I will go to Onitsha and buy good wears and resell. I was doing it and was really making some cash. It wasn't easy. Then the business grew to a big boutique. I enrol for my Masters and as God may have it, I found favour in someone and I recently got employed as a lecturer in a federal institution.
Don't give up. Let me also tell u that at some point in life I felt frustrated. Friends started avoiding my calls. I was alone. Only my girlfriend stood by me. Sometimes weekends I won't have even 500 naira. I will call her and she will send me 4k to use it and cook good food at least. She will be my wife soonest.
Don't give up. Don't. Is not easy in Nigeria. And if you are opportune, don't see others as if they are lazy. Nobody knows tomorrow.

Sha don't cheat.on her.

5 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Yhemit(m): 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
Everything started during my service year in kwara state back then (2018) from the small scale processing and packaging back then, now we're now into a large scale production.Thou the journey was not that smooth but we give God the glory. #Fhato_Shea farm

5 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by trippleKAY(m): 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
Still looking for a job since June I finished NYSC cry
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Yussuf06: 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Please put me through how does this work
BlackAlbinoo:
I graduated from University after years of searching I couldn't get a job but nevertheless I bought a laptop,a modem from my little savings and started combing the web for ideas,I took interest in ecommerce selling,as at today I own different online stores both on konga,jumia but after some years I was no longer getting much clients from this sites due to the fact that alot of folks have already moved into the mini importation biz hence I decided to move into foreign based platforms like Amazon selling different tech products to lots of buyers,I get my stocks from different manufacturers online mostly from China,I use the dropship mode of selling to get this products delivered to my clients.Most of the online money making ideas I had where gotten from success digest newspaper which I read on daily basis.
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by exco90(m): 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Finished service April this year... Worked in private school haven't collected my money till this moment.. to cut story short have rented 2 bedrooms apartment .. using it for tutorial centre.. the problem now is the place is very expensive.. haven't been seeing students.. I pray they should come.. my rents is counting..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Sheriman(m): 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
I graduated in 2016 since then no job and said to myself i can't stay idle.. immediately i signed into Street Hustle...My brother E no easy but na Naija we dey The hustle pays the bills..I can't engage in fraud..
University Graduate turns Trailer And Truck Washer.. grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

28 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by skyplustk(f): 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
Graduated since 2016 have been teaching still believing God for a stable job

5 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Respect55(m): 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
Left service sin e 2014. Currently selling shoes. It's not just easy

4 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by bitingcool: 10:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
Sheriman:
I graduated in 2016 since then no job and said to myself i can't stay idle.. immediately i signed into Street Hustle...My brother E no easy but na Naija we dey The hustle pays the bills..I can't engage in fraud..
University Graduate turns Trailer And Truck Washer.. grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

God bless your hustle

3 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by ststyreal(f): 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
Sheriman:
Chaiiiiii, I feel for you oooo; why didn't you apply for Npower naw? Anyway, I pray for you today, that the Lord God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will locate you with a good job this month in Jesus name amen!!!! Make you sef dey pray oooooo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by anayolity: 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Fùck love.
I wanna Fûck you then!!
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2019
na npower things ooo I have worked as security guard before too with halogen and evergreen...studied political science...now trying to learn photography and video coverage matters... I ll like to do delve in travel photography... May God help us sha I celebrate those who strive to make it in these difficulties and little hope

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
na npower things ooo I have worked as security guard before too with halogen and evergreen...studied political science...now trying to learn photography and video coverage matters... I ll like to do delve in travel photography... May God help us sha I celebrate those who strive to make it in these difficulties and little hope I also write as volunteer on qwenu.com

2 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Roon9(m): 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
Finished nysc since 2015, never really had a stable job but early this I made up my mind to venture into solar field even though I'm a civil engineer. Now I am free and have enough money to rent a shop and starts dealing on car batteries. Really wished I have started business much much earlier.

10 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by AgentGoat: 11:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
chrisifeanyi:

Thank God for your success.

Make I remind you of one thing. Don't close down your business because of the salary job.

It will never be enough o!

5 Likes

Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by uchman46(m): 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
If not for Npower,, wetin man for do
Re: Jossy/Mamador Story: Graduates, Share Your Hustle Experience by Posimii(f): 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
Yhmmm! We Sha thank God for teaching job... since 2015

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Landover Aviation Massive Recruitment / FG To Overhaul And Relaunch Npower - Dr Betta Edu / Academic Staff Recruitment At Chrisland University (many Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.