Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando (42105 Views)

Juju Scare At Akure Federal Housing Estate Project (Photo) / 492 Families Benefit From Sanwo-Olu's Maiden Housing Scheme / Lagos Green And Eco-Friendly Housing Estate Unveiled (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by ba7man(m): 7:41am On Sep 05, 2019
CapitalHYC:
Sounds great though ... but let us all reason this, it's so impossible for Sanwolu to complete 492 flats in 100 days... He should atleast give little credit to Ambode too.. he only mentioned Fashola.. God bless Nigeria.. God bless Us
Ambode abandoned all Fashola's housing projects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2019
Kpilo101:
The work of our formal gov. Akin Ambode. God bless you for opening lagos. Next president loading...2023....

Lagos State can never produce president of this useless country..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by ba7man(m): 7:45am On Sep 05, 2019
Advancedman:

You are a Fool so you can paint 492 flats in 150 days.
This forum is for objective and development.
The buildings have been painted since Fashola's tenure as Governor.

All that was left was minor internal works but Ambode abandoned the project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 05, 2019
jojomario:
How much will it cost a common man to own a flat in the housing scheme? The rich keeps enriching themselves. How many common man can save up 5million naira in 15yrs after servicing domestic responsibilities.

It is designed for people with stable income.

Once anyone can save N500k a year, he can own a flat.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by MzTunechi(f): 7:49am On Sep 05, 2019
Cantonese:

This is called double commissioning as Ambode commissioned the place hurriedly before he left.
Unfortunately also it was and has not been put to use. Must be filled with rats, alantako, etc.
lmao grin e say alantako
Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by 77up(m): 7:53am On Sep 05, 2019
Kpilo101:

Why will i believe you? Ambo did those housing job
He is right, fashola started those projects and was abandoned by ambode . Many of them in Lagos anyway.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by rabzy: 7:54am On Sep 05, 2019
crazygod:

I am not trading words with u. Get a car and drive from Iju through agege, iyana ipaja, egbeda and iyana iba before spewing rubbish.

What are we going to see there, just more proof that ambode was complete waste. Fasholas roads are still pliable while ambodes roads are collapsing. The only place he worked extensively in these areas were command, ayobo, all the areas linking ota Ogun state state
Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by majamajic(m): 7:58am On Sep 05, 2019
CapitalHYC:
Sounds great though ... but let us all reason this, it's so impossible for Sanwolu to complete 492 flats in 100 days... He should atleast give little credit to Ambode too.. he only mentioned Fashola.. God bless Nigeria.. God bless Us

this very estate , I pass there almost every time , fashola started it , ambode did about 80% of this project , cos it has been painted before sanwo-olu came into office .

am supporter of sanwo-olu , but this is the truth

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by 2cul2care: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2019
The important thing here is the price, how much is a flat going to cost, is it really affordable for the masses, this is the important question we ought to ask
Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by NoToPile: 8:00am On Sep 05, 2019
Well it seems completion means different things to different people, it might look painted and ready from the outside but still need some finishing touches, 95percent completion is still not complete, who ever finished the project takes the glory for completion even if its ordinary taps that remain to be fixed, even if it was done in less than 3 months, it doesnt matter what matters is now the public can have access to it.

Just one question, why didnt ambode commision it.

Amy body with information to the flat allocation should please state the process. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by Denikayan: 8:02am On Sep 05, 2019
Ihedioha is still busy importing bulldozers to destroy what's left in Imo.

Imo state would have just voted-in Julius Berger if they wanted to destroy the state infrastructures.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by CarlsJaz567(m): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2019
Kpilo101:

Why will i believe you? Ambo did those housing job

Nope! Ambode did not work on these estates. However, when he came in freshly as governor, he slashed the prices of the various estate houses by half and initiated the process of allocating the houses to prospective buyers. I remember I even followed a friend to inspect the Igando estate and it was already fully completed except for a few finishing touches on the landscaping. Everything came to a halt thereafter!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by Okoroawusa: 8:32am On Sep 05, 2019
Mynd44,am not holding brief for Ambode but I see this estate everyday as must pass through it everyday.

The ground was a proposed permanent NYSC camp that LASG donated to FG in the 80s but FG was reluctant to develop it because they were comfortable with what they have at iyana ipaja.

when Fashola came on board he decided to use it for a housing estate n another part is used by Lagos emergency agency as an emergency n disaster camp.When Ambode also came on board he did most of the work in that estate n wanted to commission it but decided to leave it for Sanwo Olu.

Sanwo Olu didn't add a block here nor painted a building. Am not a fan of Ambode but I just want to clear the air on igando estate because I know all about it.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by 3Dimension: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2019
CapitalHYC:
actually Fashola finished building the entire estate the only thing left to behind by Fashola was the sewage system which A bode refused to do.
Towards the end of ambode's tenure he wanted to commission the project without the sewage in place but met some Brickwall.

I have not been there again since June but as at June when I last visited work on the sewer system had resumed.

So ambode messed up on this one cos I keenly followed it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by praz001(m): 8:47am On Sep 05, 2019
Venerable612:

The estate in question is actually huge. I recall my dad telling me before it was a proposed NYSC site or something, before it was converted.

I have no doubt Fashola did the major works on this site - and very thankful too.

Buh this project was completed as far back as Ambode’s regime.

THIS GUY CALLED SANWO - is making it look like he completed what already was largely finished! He should at least have acknowledged the past two Administrations.

This project was 100% completed by fashola..

Ambode did Notting..

Sanwo Olu only did commissioning...

Fashola 2014 project.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by Tenimade(f): 8:49am On Sep 05, 2019
It was constructed by Ex. gov fashola and abandoned by Ex. Gov Ambode, i believe you dont live in lagos so you might not know.
Kpilo101:
The work of our formal gov. Akin Ambode. God bless you for opening lagos. Next president loading...2023....

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by adedayourt(m): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2019
Des sanwo olu guy is a scam

Of a truth the buildings have been concluded by fashola and painted too, now wen he wants to commission it he repainted the few buildings at the entrance of the estate for photo purpose.

Oda buildings inside the estate still carry der ware off paintings.

I know cuz i live in igando

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by JesseThunder(m): 9:01am On Sep 05, 2019
This was fashola project, It's been finished for the past 4years. Well Ambode made repaint of the housing project but refuse to commission the project. Only God knows why
Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by cassbeat(m): 9:06am On Sep 05, 2019
plaindealer:
Another housing estate useless Ambode abandoned for 4 years.

Lagos state is back on track.

Eko o ni baje o.
How is he useless had it been they gave him another four years wouldn't he do it... U and ur ilks are the problem we have in this country
Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by Ogeekay112(m): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2019
CapitalHYC:

Ambode neglected most Fashola's projects and the obvious is Eko Atlantic

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by majamajic(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2019
NoToPile:
Well it seems completion means different things to different people, it might look painted and ready from the outside but still need some finishing touches, 95percent completion is still not complete, who ever finished the project takes the glory for completion even if its ordinary taps that remain to be fixed, even if it was done in less than 3 months, it doesnt matter what matters is now the public can have access to it.

Just one question, why didnt ambode commision it.

Amy body with information to the flat allocation should please state the process. Thanks.

I think ambo did commission it , but in a rush , just like he did on oshodi project
Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by Compatriot60: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2019
THIS IS THE BEST TIME FOR A REVOLUTION IN NIGERIA.
Arise O Compatriot's, Arise to the Call of REVOLUTION.
There is no need to fear again, Power must change hands. Spread this Message.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by Customer80: 9:44am On Sep 05, 2019
sexiestharam:
This estate has been completed since five years ago. I have no idea what completion the Governor is talking about. He just wants to act like he commissioned something in 100 days. He should look at Seyi Makinde and what he has achieved with the same number of days.
You are very right, this was completed during fashola regime as I waa living at Igando then

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by DaCharis2016: 10:22am On Sep 05, 2019
Pls u guys should tell us how we can benefit from this project o. Landlord is extorting us like craze.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by Larryndelaw: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2019
CapitalHYC:
Can't you READ. Or u are not aware that Ambode abandoned the project in question during his 4 years Tenure. Sanwo olu naver claimed he built it. Please try and read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by dododawa1: 11:02am On Sep 05, 2019
ambode should get out,sanwo eko continue.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by maybanks: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
CapitalHYC:

Ambode should not be given credit on this Project. The Man didn't approve a dime for the continuation of those projects scattered all over Lagos immediately Fashola left. Ambode is nothing but a disgrace. Those flats in Igando were completed by fashola before leaving office in 2015 Ambode did nothing about them since he assumed office in 2015. Lagos HOMS was one of the most noble and transparent projects/Programme Fashola initiated but Ambode out of Hate and envy stopped it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by plaindealer: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
Beremx:
you haven't been to the estate with your own eyes and you're arguing blindly? No wa for you o!!

Ambode himself admitted that he did not complete the estate so why are you people lying?

Arguing blind and ignorantly is looking at the pictures I posted with Fashola inspecting completed and painted buildings.

Ambode can not build what Fashola built and painted already and even sef, what exactly did Ambode did for 4 years?

Why didn't Ambode commission the estate in 2015 or 2016 or 2017 or in 2018 or in 2019?

...because he abandooned the estate, that's why.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by plaindealer: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Mynd44,am not holding brief for Ambode but I see this estate everyday as must pass through it everyday.

The ground was a proposed permanent NYSC camp that LASG donated to FG in the 80s but FG was reluctant to develop it because they were comfortable with what they have at iyana ipaja.

when Fashola came on board he decided to use it for a housing estate n another part is used by Lagos emergency agency as an emergency n disaster camp.When Ambode also came on board he did most of the work in that estate n wanted to commission it but decided to leave it for Sanwo Olu.

Sanwo Olu didn't add a block here nor painted a building. Am not a fan of Ambode but I just want to clear the air on igando estate because I know all about it.

Most of what work? Do you know the meaning of most?

You can not do most of what was done already, we have pictures of the estate in 2014, already completed and painted by Fashola, so tell us what Ambode did for 4 years.

Fashola started the project in 2012 and took it to near completion in less than 2 years, so what was so difficult for Ambode to do for 4 years to comission the estate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by plaindealer: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
For 4 years, Ambode did not commission 1 single apartment in Lagos and all the ones left for him to complete were abandoned from Ilubirin to Ikorodu and so on.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by plaindealer: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
cassbeat:
How is he useless had it been they gave him another four years wouldn't he do it... U and ur ilks are the problem we have in this country

Lagosians prevented another 4 years of incompetence, project abandonment and backwardness.

With these abandoned projects coming to life, Lagosians are now enjoying the fruits of their labor and money.

I really don't know why what's good for Lagosians is a bad thing for you?

If you are going to support Ambode, show us the estates he completed in 4 years?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando by plaindealer: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
majamajic:

this very estate , I pass there almost every time , fashola started it , ambode did about 80% of this project , cos it has been painted before sanwo-olu came into office .

am supporter of sanwo-olu , but this is the truth

GOV. FASHOLA INSPECTS ONGOING CONSTRUCTION OF LAGOS HOMS IGANDO AS PART OF STATEWIDE PROJECT TOUR

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1566065_img_759418672739192_jpeg_jpeg9105bc6224950699e72ef359f4013807

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1566066_img_759428335122831_jpeg_jpeg6cb0994841799fd7ace133db0be53443

During an inspection tour by the Governor with members of the State Executive Council as part of a Statewide Project Inspection Tour

http://encomium.ng/gov-fashola-inspects-ongoing-construction-of-lagos-homs-igando-as-part-of-statewide-project-tour/

Ambode did 80 % of what was already completed and painted in 2014? grin grin

You people no dey fear God with your lies? grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ondo Church: Massacre Direct Attack On Yorubaland — Afenifere / Kwankwaso Directs ‘incoming PDP Governor’ Not To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage In Kan / FFK, Shehu Sani, Ben Bruce, Kadaria Ahmed React To Pdp's Victory In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.