Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) (78493 Views)

Goat "Attacks" Lion At Ogba Zoo In Benin, The Lion Later Caught It (Video) / Starving Lion At Gamji Gate Zoo In Kaduna (photos) / Starving Elephant Spotted At The Maiduguri Zoo In Borno State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Jarus:
lol

Paying money to watch toy animals cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by materialproject: 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by jlo247(m): 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Why you no enter the cage to confirm may be na fake or real

6 Likes

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
They must have eaten the real ones
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by realstars: 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
Story story
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by sexysage(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
God oooo
Na who use scam swear for us
Scam everywhere
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ask for refund
But wait, the sleeping lions are they replicas too? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by wonlasewonimi: 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
Yahoo ni babalawo, Ole ni everybody
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by martineverest(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
how do we believe the Twitter user?...cocrodile can stay still for hrs or daysg, besides I don't think zoo keepers will give u this info even if the cocrodile is fake.becausw it could spoil the zoo business
maybe the Twitter user never saw the cocrodile move and believed that it's fake

4 Likes

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by vertueptime: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
Dem don chop am all, hunger de land
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by wakaman: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
Fake brain case more like. That's real.
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by sexysage(m): 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
Chai!
This country is doomed
Na who use this kind scam swear for us
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by BBBmall25: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
SLAP44:
Search the houses of the zoo keepers, they must have killed the real Croc and stocked it in their freezer to be eating from it grin
Chill Bro
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by KendrickAyomide: 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Everyone is now an online reporting journalist and trending machine. They just want to be the first to post negligent of facts.

A zoo that has existed before your fathers. You go to weddings and every single person on a round table is busy taking selfies. No one is chatting or acquitting.

Richdad
Mr Reno omokri, how are you doing today sir?
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by mechanics(m): 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
Lolz, the man has time to know whether a crocodile is fake or not.
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Sanchez01: 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
Clueless comments everywhere. Crocs are not known to move around much, either in captivity or otherwise. The ones I have seen in most zoos including those outside of Nigeria just stay still and move slightly.

It seems social media is fast robbing people of common sense.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by nailcapuzzi89(m): 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
U sure, those crocodiles can play sucker..u shud ave asked him to help u examine it physically..
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by IdioticNLmods: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
Lalasticlala is Op.. The thing must have pained him more than the Twitter guy grin
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by joowealth(m): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
As in, where are we going, everything becoming fake....
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by mamajj17(f): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
post=81957634:
i swear this country en.. i just tire ... How them go put fake animal for zoo.. nawa o

My dear not only you tire for Nigeria, l wish the Country could be sold undecided
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by ZikZikZik: 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
Brother wey mumu

1 Like

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by mercyvivv(f): 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
Poachers everywhere. They might have ate up the real crocs a long, long time ago and replaced them with dummies, hoping no one will spot the difference.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to well written and carefully sorted lesson notes/plans that are frequently updated to meet your needs wherever and whenever you need them.

Check my signature
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by tintingz(m): 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
Crocs have the ability to hibernate or be still for hours, it's a way to catch their prey.

The poster should do more research before posting nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
It is not fake... it is embalm I visited the place also... So sad we can’t even maintain a zoo to bad
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Risingblue008(m): 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
I go laugh for dis matter,bt r tins really working here in Nigeria?
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by MobilityExpress: 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2019
He should enter the cage and confirm if it's fake after the crocodile bites his head off grin

2 Likes

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by Tootruthful: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
Wow
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by youngcizza(m): 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
make una try watch the video naaa....
the crocs are moving ( the second video)
nawa for nairaland o.. just misleading people anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by lamalang(m): 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
Is Nigeria colonized by people that started scam in the world?
Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by fortran12: 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
sexysage:
Chai!
This country is doomed
Na who use this kind scam swear for us
So cos of crocodile the country is doomed ? See reasoning

3 Likes

Re: Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) by MobilityExpress: 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
tintingz:
Ccocs have the ability to hibernate or be still for hours, it's a way to catch their prey.

The poster should do more research before posting nonsense.

Don't mind the mumu. Crocodiles are experts of stealth and most importantly experts of standing still to catch prey. Their number one hunting weapon is the element of surprise. The prey won't even know the crocodile is active until it suddenly strikes when it get close enough and little or no chance of escape again. That was how one time I went to a zoo too and visited the crocodile pond. Didn't see any crocodile. Pond was green and dirty and was very still. No bubbles, no ripples, no movement, no nothing. I was like hissing that the zoo doesn't even have a croc after my guy that told me to visit said they have a croc. I was tempted to jump the barrier and enter the den, and was going to but my mother's prayer on my head was plenty grin. NatGeo Wild crocodile documentaries flashed in my head and I remembered that this is exactly the kind of pond a croc would hide in and be invisible until you get close and it strikes from under the water. So out of curiosity I picked a long twig of wood and put it across into the water and was swiping around to see if I could get a reaction if a croc was inside. No reaction, no sign of movement or so I thought and saw. Finally i gave up and stopped swiping. But the stick was still in my hand on one part and the other end was still inside the pond. I was talking with other people who came to watch the croc pond, and then suddenly out of nowhere there was a loud splash and the croc grabbed the stick, omo mehn, I just jumped with sudden fright, people around screamed, the croc pulled the long stick into the pond, i let go sharp sharp. It happened so fast. Then I was wondering what if I had stupidly entered the den thinking no crocodile was present and stood by the pond. That was the day I got a first hand real life lesson that crocodiles are masters of stealth. They can stay motionless underwater for long and even hold their breath underwater for long, and you won't see any bubbles or ripples, nothing to show that a croc is there until it strikes. Finally I understood what it's like for those wildebeests that drink by the lake in the Nile River, when I watch how they fall into those crocs hands, I used to think they were stupid animals, but now I realize that the reverse is the case, that crocodiles are 1, extremely intelligent and 2, they are masters of stealth, just like tigers.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What A Man In Aba Made Using "I Pass My Neighbour Generator / Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen / Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.