Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,263 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience (10606 Views)

Transport Fare From Lagos To Benin City Is Almost 20,000 Naira And Nobody isTal / Ekweremadu, Lawan, Fashola And 4 Other Who Have Lived On Public Funds For 20yrs / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by hammerVJ: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2019
NIGERIA IS THE ONLY PLACE, IGBO AND YORUBA CAN EVER SHARE COUNTRY.

I DONT SUBSCRIBE TO TOXIC ASSOCIATION.

HOWEVER, WAT I FIND FUNNY IS WEN THE SAME YORUBA FIND IT DIIFICULT TO STAND ON THEIR OWN.

U DONT LIKE IGBOS, BUT U CANNOT ENJOY NIGERIA WITHOUT IGBOS.

I NOTICE, OP MADE SURE HE SINGLED OUT IGBO IN HIS MENTION.

IS OP SURE NO YORUBA IN SOUTH AFRICA IS INTO THE DRUG TRADE?

AFTER WRITING SUCH, WEN SA GO ROUND IN THEIR COUNTRY, U EXPECT THEM TO LEAVE U A NIGERIAN IN THEIR COUNTRY BECO U ARE YORUBA.

I THINK, THE YORUBA IN SA, SHOULD EDUCATE U MORE ON WAT HAPPENS WEN THE SA CATCH UP WITH U.

YORUBA TRIBALISM IS WAT HAVE DESTROYED NIGERIA AND CONTINUE TO DO SO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxe1qGo6-pA

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by APCLyingBastard: 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2019
hammerVJ:
NIGERIA IS THE ONLY PLACE, IGBO AND YORUBA CAN EVER SHARE COUNTRY.

I DONT SUBSCRIBE TO TOXIC ASSOCIATION.

HOWEVER, WAT I FIND FUNNY IS WEN THA SAME YORUBA FIND IT DIIFICULT TO STAND ON THEIR OWN.

U DONT LIKE IGBOS, BUT U CANNOT ENJOY NIGERIA WITHOUT IGBOS.

I NOTICE, OP MADE SURE HE SINGLED OUT IGBO IN HIS MENTION.

IS OP SURE NO YORUBA IN SOUTH AFRICA IS INTO THE DRUG TRADE?

AFTER WRITING SUCH, WEN SA GO ROUND IN THEIR COUNTRY, U EXPECT THEM TO LEAVE U A NIGERIAN IN THEIR COUNTRY BECO U ARE YORUBA.

I THINK, THE YORUBA IN SA, SHOULD EDUCATE U MORE ON WAT HAPPENS WEN THE SA CATCH UP WITH U.

YORUBA TRIBALISM IS WAT HAVE DESTROYED NIGERIA AND CONTINUE TO DO SO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxe1qGo6-pA

No mind those jealousy people.

Every year Saudi Arabia slaughters dozens of Yaribansa drug mules to their Allah but they won't say a word. Nah Igbo matter be their headache.

In the UK, the British know how to differentiate Nigerians well. They know the lousy Yorubas who engage in petty crime to theft and burglaries and street gangs from the more law abiding Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by hammerVJ: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2019
APCLyingBastard:

Every year Saudi Arabia slaughters dozens of Yaribansa drug mules to their Allah but they won't say a word. Nah Igbo matter be their headache.

In the UK, the British know how to differentiate Nigerians well. They know the lousy Yorubas who engage in petty crime to theft and burglaries and street gangs from the more law abiding Igbos.

THEY SHOULD TRY EXPLAINING THIS TRIBAL BULLSHIT TO THE GUY WITH THE AXE.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by hammerVJ: 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
LISTEN TO WAT XENOPHOBIA IS ABOUT.

NOT THE TRIBAL SHIT THAT AFONJA IS DOING ON FP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLczhLjHPCA
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by APCLyingBastard: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2019
hammerVJ:

THEY SHOULD TRY EXPLAINING THIS TRIBAL BULLSHIT TO THE GUY WITH THE AXE.

The OP anago40 is a well know Yoruba bigot here who is lamely trying to post as an Igbo residing in SA. The goat is yet to move out from his father's house in Osogbo. His other handles are anago500 serialised to show his banning history.

I don't know why Yorubas can not exist without doing a dik p!ssing contest with Igbos. I have always said that as the Hausa/Fulani divides the Yoruba over religion, the Igbos and ND people unite the Yorubas. The Yoruba unity in this regard is based on their obsessive jealousy and envy of the Better South.

Very wicked set of people these Yaribansas.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by durangokid: 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2019
mrakin:
The most unbiased analysis of stories flying around.

Thank you Sir.

If you don't believe this, then you must be a racist or an uneducated bigot
. And I want to inform you that anybody who believe this, Is a racist 300 percent

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by hammerVJ: 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2019
APCLyingBastard:

The OP anago40 is a well know Yoruba bigot here who is lamely trying to post as an Igbo residing in SA. The goat is yet to move out from his father's house in Osogbo. His other handles are anago500 serialised to show his banning history.

I don't know why Yorubas can not exist without doing a dik p!ssing contest with Igbos. I have always said that as the Hausa/Fulani divides the Yoruba over religion, the Igbos and ND people unite the Yorubas. The Yoruba unity in this regard is based on their obsessive jealousy and envy of the Better South.

AM SURE HE IS THIS GUY.

THIS IS Y YORUBA OCCUPIED NIGERIA MEDIA, TO SPREAD HATE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch4Z0C9B6j4

Yoruba born Adeyinka begs South Africa spare Yorubas, Kill Igbos ruthlessly

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by AlhajaChinyere: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2019
APCLyingBastard:

IgboLyingBastard shut the F up and go back to your homeland!
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by hammerVJ: 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

THESE ARE YORUBA RIGHT?

WAT LANGUAGE ARE THEY SPEAKING IN SA?

I AM SURE THE SOUTH AFRICANS WILL LEAVE U IN THEIR COUNTRY AND KILL IGBOS AS U REQUESTED THEY DO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiN_e-shy5Q
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by hammerVJ: 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2019
THIS IS Y I FEEL SICK WEN, I SEE YORUBA MEN COMING TO BEG MARRIAGE WITH NDIIGBO.

I ALWAYS SAY TO MYSELF WAT IS TH POINT?

THEIR HATRED FOR THE IGBOS IS NOT HIDDEN AND NO SECRET, YET THEY PUT THEMSELVES IN FRONTLINE TO BEG MARRIAGE WITH THE SAME IGBOS.

IT IS SICK.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by APCLyingBastard: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
[s]
AlhajaChinyere:

[/s]

On every par and indices the Igbos are far better than you.

This thread was created by a Yaribansa like yourself to justify the xenophobic attacks on foreigners forgetting that you also have Yorubas in SA. The mob does not want to see ANY black African foreigner in their country.

I know how you people celebrated the bombing of the ND by Buhari in 2015. How you applauded operation crocodile smile and python dance. How you also cheered the Arewa Youth quit notice order and how Yorubas like that aids sufferer Kayode Ogundamasi, was posting fake news about a mosque burning in Onitsha to spark reprisal attacks in the north. I also saw how you Yorubas roundly condemned Wike over a fake news report of a mosque demolition.

You people are the major problem plaguing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by APCLyingBastard: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2019
Anago40 aka anago500 aka eggheaders, how is Osogbo?

Still posting from your grandfather's face me-i-face you squalid room.

Which day you enter SA?

Yaribansa!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by Beremx(f): 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2019
I dunno how to post videos on nairaland from facebook. You need to see how a South African lady spoke in defense of Nigerians about the criminality in SA. She even said it is only a Nigerian that will marry a SA woman that has five children out of wedlock for love. Just imagine!!

You need to watch the video.
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by AlhajaChinyere: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2019
APCLyingBastard:

On every par and indices the Igbos are far better than you. .....[REALLY?.......]

[s]This thread was created by a Yaribansa like yourself to justify the xenophobic attacks on foreigners forgetting that you also have Yorubas in SA. The mob does not want to see ANY black African foreigner in their country.

I know how you people celebrated the bombing of the ND by Buhari in 2015. How you applauded operation crocodile smile and python dance. How you also cheered the Arewa Youth quit notice order and how Yorubas like that aids sufferer Kayode Ogundamasi, was posting fake news about a mosque burning in Onitsha to spark reprisal attacks in the north. I also saw how you Yorubas roundly condemned Wike over a fake news report of a mosque demolition.

[/s]
[s]You people are the major problem plaguing Nigeria.[/s]

Nonsense!
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by APCLyingBastard: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

Nonsense!

Jealousy kill you there.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
Mehn u guys are not trying....

Good morning,
Page Financials is a financial Institution that
gives quick fund ranging from 200k to 20m to Salary earners and business owners, who reside in lagos and ibadan.
No guarantor
No collateral
No management and processing fee
No liquidation fee
We buy off loans from other Financial institution.

If you are interested let me know...
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by AlhajaChinyere: 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2019
APCLyingBastard:

Jealousy kill you there.

Jealousy of what sir?
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by T9ksy(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
Beremx:
show me with proof of any Fulani herdsmen that have been arrested or convicted of massacre. Do you have any? Like I said earlier, don't absolve Igbos of crimes and portray others as saints. We have criminals in every ethnic group.

Ol' boy, can you stop comparing apples with oranges, please.

Fulanis are killing majorly southerners in nigeria with the full connivance of the armed forces, commanded by a fulani.

How then can you compare the above with ibos killing fellow ibos in their ancestral land on account of drug wars yet you people put a lid on it. Smh.

Have you just discover the word "absolve" as you keep on misusing it. Only you and your fellow impish morally -bankrupt kinsmen are "absolving" ibos of these despicable crimes.

Where in my post/s did i claim explicitly that all other ethnic groups (in nigeria) are saints?

Geez! Can any sane individual assert such. Even a kindergarten kid knows this is not remotely possible.
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by Chanchit: 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2019
APCLyingBastard:

This is by far the daftest post here.

SA has police, customs and immigration service.

If they wanted to shut down the Nigerian drug gangs they can do it in 24hrs.

Corruption on their own part is why the drug gangs are still operating.

As I said these riots are endorsed by the racist ANC corrupt black politicians who are using foreigners as scape goats for the increasing crime wave and economic woes in their country.

Have you heard of any Nigerian or foreigner arrested for armed robbery, murder or rape?

These are the very same crimes SA is notorious around the globe for and it isn't for drug dealing.

You have no common sense. Read my comment and compare it to your, the only difference was you didn't add the place I said our own govt top should support them. Mumu.
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by whizpa(m): 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2019
Chanchit:

It's beyond reasoning because you lack the capacity to reason.
I believe in the analysis of the OP. And I think the federal government of Nigeria should collaborate with SA government to fish out these drug lords. SA should also perhaps change their laws to curb the excesses of the drug lords.

https://www.nairaland.com/5401769/nigeria-drug-cartels-xenophobia-south

Read this as well and then you will see why this Op goofed..
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by whizpa(m): 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
mrakin:
The most unbiased analysis of stories flying around.

Thank you Sir.

If you don't believe this, then you must be a racist or an uneducated bigot

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by Chanchit: 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
whizpa:

Read this as well and then you will see why this Op goofed..

Every one will speak from their perspectives. I read the link too earlier and it can somehow be linked together.
According to the link, the writer agreed in a place that Nigerians are rather lousy in the way they go about their drug business as if it is now legal, whereas the real drug lords. The boars, the Italian and Indians are up there, calling the shots. Though, I do not support illegal dealings. But if you must engage, at least be discreet about it.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2019
FORWARDED AS RECEIVED:

IGBOS AND XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS IN SOUTH AFRICA

In the midst of the outcry against South Africans and the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians, I came across this viewpoint on another forum. It’s written by an Igbo lady in South Africa.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2401486449888403&id=100000812153209&sfnsn=mo

I tried to keep my peace over this attack on Nigerians by South Africans but the increased calls by Nigerians over here for boycott of this and that and for our ambassador/Nigerian government to act this and act that has spurred me to pen this down here!

I condemn in its totality, the violence meted on Nigerians living in South Africa! I abhor the violent taking of life even one done legally....... BUT IT MUST BE STATED THAT NIGERIANS LIVING IN S.A. HAVE SYSTEMATICALLY DESTROYED THE VERY FABRIC OF THAT COUNTRY..... MORALLY, CULTURALLY, ECONOMICALLY AND SOCIALLY!

Let us take stock:

1. It was Nigerians that immigrated to South Africa and turned it to one of the major capital city of drugs in the world!

The drug cartels began with the Yorubas and increasingly overtaken by the IGBOS in S.A.! In fact, right this moment, the IGBOS in the drug business have effectively run the Yorubas out of S.A. to other southern African countries like Mozambique etc.

2. The Nigerians in S.A. have presently turned the country into a drug-war zone!....killings galore.....Igbos killing Igbos!

Do you know that every day in S.A., a Nigerian.....precisely an Igbo man is killed in a drug-related case?? .....I said every day not once a week!....or once in 3 days!..... EVERYDAY! In fact the Igbo boys running the shows in S. A. have dominated areas they control and all these to the chagrin of the law enforcement agencies!

Let me tell you a secret that is not so secret.....do you know that every week at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport here in Enugu, corpses of IGBOS.....slain in "drug battles" in different streets of S.A. are flown into the country??

I have personally witnessed the receiving of 7 corpses in 3 weeks in one instance! In fact at one of those occasions.....(normally the corpses arrive on the Thursday cargo flights of Ethiopian Airlines)....I was present when 3 different families were in the manager's office to receive their slain sons......two of those families were represented by the aged biological fathers to the dead boys!....the third family, represented by a younger man in age...an uncle to the third corpse!

They were making small talks between themselves as they waited for the cargo (the coffins) to be disembarked.....(to be "off-loaded"wink!

One of them asked the other elder which city his son was in? He answered Jo'burg!....on further enquiry as to whether his own son was married, he retorted... No!....to which the first man commented that his own son has a son from a white South African.....and that the lady simply packaged some of the personal documents/items of his son and informed him of the date of the arrival of the son's corpse to Enugu but that she has blatantly refused all entreaties to accompany the corpse home!.....That they are certain that that son of his son (his grandson) would never return home to Nigeria!

The other silent man (the uncle to one of the dead) remarked that "his own family were indeed lucky in that their slain son had been coerced to come home and marry a Nigerian girl and has 2 kids (girls) already". Then told of his own story of seeking greener pastures in S. A. and how he couldn't fit into the street hustling..... According to him.......basically all IGBOS in S.A. are on the streets......from Hillbrow... Jo'burg to Capetown!....from Pretoria....to Durban!

He said he never bargained for such a life and quickly left his host....a maternal cousin and took his return ticket back home! That he has since engaged in his petty trading and is doing well enough and has 4 kids!

As this conversation was going on, I was quietly musing to myself:

How on earth could these gentlemen.....soft-spoken elderly men take all these agony......for surely it must be agony for them to be the ones burying their scions!....how could they sit in those swivel chairs in front of the manager and stoically be discussing the end of their eras??......do they have other sons and daughters probably??.... Maybe they did their best to counsel and chide their sons to desist from the fast lane and have accepted their sons' fates??

I wondered about their wives/mothers to those sons they would never behold again....not because they died from ailment or accident but simply because they sought wealth......this fleeting wealth the wrong way!

I wondered if they would heal or forgive their sons or they would look upon the wealth and groan in satisfaction that all was not lost after all??

I imagined myself in the shoes of their grief and I swore to myself that I would sooner let go such a son from my heart who refused to heed my counsel than be forced to mourn his untimely death in pursuit of meaningless riches!

I watched them file out of the office one after the other and shuddered unconsciously again!!

3. This will shock you...... Are you aware that Nigerians living in S. A. have literally turned little/young South African girls into strings of well-oiled prostitution rings?? .....I am talking of girls between the ages of 10-14 years old! These young South African girls are introduced.....scratch that!....these girls are immersed in drugs and turned to addicts and then they are set on the streets to be prostituted and their lives are effectively and totally wrecked! .....

Now put yourself in the shoes of these South Africans!

Would we all as Nigerians stomach a situation whereby in Lagos State or Anambra State or Bauchi State or Enugu State or Yobe State or a combination of those states, Kenyans or Zimbabweans or South Africans or people from neighboring Ghana would populate our cities....legitly or illegally and begin to sell drugs to our young men...turn our school girls into prostitutes....and litter our streets with dead bodies of their gang wars?

Would Lagosians allow their children to be used as pimps and prostitutes by FOREIGNERS who desecrate daily our value systems??

Would Enugu inhabitants allow Ghanaians to run our streets into crime zones.....such that we can't sleep at night and worry if our kids sent to schools are really at school or in a drug hotel somewhere sniffing white powders....and our girls violated daily sexually??

Wouldn't we someday just scream enough is enough and take up arms to rid our city of such devilish foreigners??

Are you aware that Indians populate a city in S.A. called Durban?? Do you know that Indians at one time recently, carried out systematic killings of Nigerians living in Durban??

What was the cause??....there was some Indian youths that were sold a harsh substance by the drug cartel which would literally liquefy the innards of the person leading to instant death!

These drug pushers know that this substance is adulterated and causes death (not addiction) yet they push it out there to their peddlers!

The Indians decided to help themselves and their community and embarked on a killing spree of Nigerians in Durban engaged in the drug business and left their calling cards in their victims!

Ask yourself this:

Did the South Africans begin to hate us all of a sudden or they had always hated us all these while??

How come we all used to migrate to South Africa easily and many of us married their girls (I know some friends who did and are still living happily with their wives) but now they hate us all??

OR

Would you close your eyes to the evil we Nigerians have unleashed in South Africa simply because we saved them from apartheid era?? So because we assisted them that now gives us the gumption to destroy their society like we've persistently done ours??

Some home grown truths will serve us in good stead here than this pontificating all over the place I plead!

Picture those attackers on our people....beating and burning them up as mothers or fathers or brothers or cousins who have lost a son or daughter or sibling to the cold hands of death by drug intake or whose virginity has been brutally lost and who is a human wreck to her society!

Before you cast your stone.....imagine that you lost your own dear child to crime...and not just any crime but one perpetrated by your own visitors!

My take on all these: NIGERIANS SHOULD FIRSTLY DEMAND THE CLEANUP OF SOUTH AFRICA and that includes the incaceration and/or deportation of these miscreants giving us all bad reputation in S.A.!

The drug war raging in that country engineered by our countrymen must be stopped!

Then the two countries should rapport to safeguard the lives and businesses of the many genuine Nigerians living and contributing to the economy of South Africa!

PS: Pls after reading this post, but before you start the deluge of insults upon me, kindly call up your own brother doing legitimate business in S.A. and he will confirm these facts to you as the absolute TRUTH!

Chinedum Agwaramgboi

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by coolcentbigman(m): 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
anago40:

Some of our brothers take over entire areas and turn them into drug markets. But because the law in SA does not allow police to arrest criminals unless with evidence or unless shot at, so what happens is the drug guys hide these drugs in shops, restaurants etc and use as a face.
There are up to 30 public "drug" markets in Joburg alone. These are areas where 50 to 200 Nigerians converge on street corners to sell drugs. That's just in Johannesburg, and excludes other places.
The community knows and they try to inform the police. Sometimes these guys get arrested and bribe their way out when it fails the community takes laws into their hands.

Nigerians are not being targetted per se. The target is street drug dealers and yahoo boys who are mostly Nigerian.

Bros you end up confusing me Pls i have some questions in respect to your article.
Here are my Questions:

1. Please has there been any evidence Provided by the SA mob??

2. Have the authorities arrested the whole drug paddlers and yahoo boys since enough evidence have been Provided??

3. Do you mean such acts should be encouraged/promoted to eradicate crime??

Your story was interesting but at these time of grief this is the last thing we need, who cares if you've lived there for 20/50 years. You said there are up to 30 public "drug" markets in Johannesburg alone but all we saw were looters making away with valuables destroying properties and lives of other Africans in their country and if what you said is true how many drugs were discovered and arrests were made.

All we have been hearing is Nigeria commit various crimes in SA and we keep on seeing innocent Nigerians been killed even their police are not innocent and this videos are on YouTube even a student who was shot died when going for lectures and the police didn't have any reasonable answers to give at that moment, the videos shows they were confused when been questioned by other Nigerians but when they come online you hear Nigeria are criminals and now these (xenophobic) and the world is watching...

This is the reason why Nigeria will always be backward because we don't value lives hence that person is igbo he deserved to die but now it's Nigerians no tribe excepted still yet some still make it tribal/personal, come to think of it how many yahoo boys operates in shops. The word "Nigeria" is soaked with so many innocent blood and that's our main problem because a country where there's so much bloodshed never experience progress.

If don't see anything wrong in the act or trying to justify it then you are heartless and you know nothing.
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by theDEVILisHERE: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
anago40:
I know the SA thing is paining you as you say, also me too. But please hear my perspective:

I have lived in SA for almost 20 years.

What you see as pure xenophobia is actually community Vigilantism gone wrong or hijacked by criminals.

Some of the shops looted and destroyed are actually covers for a serious crime.

Some of our brothers take over entire areas and turn them into drug markets. But because the law in SA does not allow police to arrest criminals unless with evidence or unless shot at, so what happens is the drug guys hide these drugs in shops, restaurants etc and use as a face.
There are up to 30 public "drug" markets in Joburg alone. These are areas where 50 to 200 Nigerians converge on street corners to sell drugs. That's just in Johannesburg, and excludes other places.
The community knows and they try to inform the police. Sometimes these guys get arrested and bribe their way out when it fails the community takes laws into their hands.

Nigerians are not being targetted per se. The target is street drug dealers and yahoo boys who are mostly Nigerian.

Personally, in an area of Johannesburg, some years ago, drug dealers almost took over my property. We bought it and in the process of renovation, they invaded it and turned it into a drug hotel. It took God to evict them without being killed. It was led by Nigerians. In that property, there were families with women and children.

One strategy of selling drugs is to befriend young secondary school.Girls and introduce them. They get hooked and they start stealing and prostitution to feed the habit. Soon the entire area deteriorates.
Now, why I am sharing this with you is that the drug dealers are distracting attention. They are trying to make the Nigerian Government arise in anger and defend "Nigerians" ie defend drug dealers. if they succeed, they'd have staged a powerful coup. They'd have entered an official mafioso level, protected by Government.

Please see the article below: The Nigeria ambassador to SA said the majority of killings are perpetrated by fellow Nigerians. It's a drug turf war. he is right. I know some who've been killed.

So how can we accuse others of killing us when we are perpetrating it?

Those videos and pictures circulating of Nigerians in SA- how is it that we are shown only in the light of guys on the street? I know top Robotics engineers in SA, I know people in Top IT firms, developers, in Amazon, Google etc, I know top bankers, property company owners, many doctors, Superintendent of hospitals, professors, Pastors, etc.

So in summary here are my thoughts

- A vast majority of upright Nigerians in SA are very comfortable. They are doctors, teachers, business owners, etc. If we don't get the right story, we can set off a diplomatic war, everything collapses and these guys become targets. Currently, they are not being targetted by anyone. many are married to South Africans. Some head Government agencies and private companies.

- Yes, there are some xenophobic South Africans, but just like we fought against stigmatizing Fulani, we must also fight against stigmatizing South Africans. There are VERY many good South Africans, who don't buy into any form of oppression. Let us encourage our government to join with the South African Government and carry out a security raid on drug dealers.

If the Government announces this, you will see they will flee because they'll know the cover is blown! xenophobic attacks will reduce 95%.

The biggest donation event in the history of SA was in 2007 when people gave to victims of xenophobic attacks. The amount given was a record. It shows that the nation is not buying into that mindset.

- Please use your powerful platform to create a voice for good Nigerians in SA. You will be surprised. Many are afraid to talk because even Nigerian organizations in SA are infiltrated and even controlled by drug dealers and kingpins. No one wants to be killed. These guys are very powerful.

- Communities fighting to save themselves should not be hushed but helped to do it in a better way. Not jungle justice.
- Yes the SA Government must not also be left without responsibility in the matter, they should be tasked to step up their game too. While Nigeria targets drug dealers and yahoo buys, South Africa should target miscreants and criminals in a joint operation. SA Government also needs to purge bad eggs in its police force who are compromised. It Also needs to take its own share of blame for unemployment, poverty and economic challenges and social issues that allow drugs to be demanded.

I close with a prophecy by Pa Elton

"Africa is like a gun, Nigeria is like a trigger, South Africa is like a barrel

South Africa will be free. It will partner with Nigeria.

When that happens, Africa will arise and lead the world in many ways."

This prophecy was given in the hight of apartheid when it seemed impossible. Today it is half done South Africa has more bilateral agreements with Nigeria than any other nation on earth. We MUST NOT allow miscreants and criminals on both sides to hinder it, because if our national relationship fails, Africa will fail.

This is Buhari's "Mandela" moment. Will he rise up and shake off the pain and anger and mobilize Africa to unify or will he take a position that reverses the building of unity? I think he will do the right thing by God's grace, but I also believe publicizing the truth will help him and citizens.

I am open to discuss with you further on this matter, and if you feel the need to publish the above anonymously, please feel free. And if you want to do a tour to SA, I'll host you and we can go out and do a strategic mapping. I'll show you things that will make you see another perspective.
https://allafrica.com/stories/201808140022.html

Anyone supporting unjustified actions is bringing curses on his or herself as well as loved ones
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by Pusyiter(m): 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2019
APCLyingBastard:
You are spewing trash.

Is it the Nigerian govt's fault that the SA police and govt can not arrest, try, convict and deport the drug dealers?

The SA minister even used a stereotype that all Nigerians are engaged in drug dealing thereby justifying and fuelling more xenophobic attacks.

This your analysis is dead on arrival.

The average black SA especially the mullato class are notoriously criminal minded.

Are Nigerians the one raping and robbing in SA?

The truth is that the Nigerian gangsters are motivated purely for money and not some bullsh!t gang banging ethos.

The Nigerian drug gangs are more successful and this is why they are being targeted.

Let's leave the Nigerian drug kingpins and consider other Africans in SA who are also targeted during such xenophobic riots. Are they also into drug peddling? The black SAs claim that the Zambians, Tanzanians are taking over their jobs.

This is just pure arrant nonsense spewed by the ruling ANC govt which has failed in job creation. The country is already experiencing recession and more and more white SAs are leaving SA for good over the racist policies of the ANC govt that wants to do a Zimbabwe 2.0 on White owned farms and businesses in what can only be described as Marxist wealth redistribution scheme to steal from wealthy whites and give to lazy SA blacks.

You must understand that the xenophobic riots are state sponsored to deflect from the massive failures of the socialist ANC to appease their lazy black supporters.

What is happening in SA is exactly what transpires in the north where their leaders instigate ethno-religious riots to both force a political agenda and to allow their almajiri mob rape and loot to their heart's desire.
Na person born you
God bless you
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by 1Sharon(f): 5:45am On Sep 07, 2019
APCLyingBastard:

I[b]n the UK, the British know how to differentiate Nigerians well. They know the lousy Yorubas who engage in petty crime to theft and burglaries and street gangs from the more law abiding Igbos. [/b]

Where is your evidence for this ? Liar
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by ConqueredWest: 7:32am On Sep 07, 2019
APCLyingBastard:
You are spewing trash.

Is it the Nigerian govt's fault that the SA police and govt can not arrest, try, convict and deport the drug dealers?

The SA minister even used a stereotype that all Nigerians are engaged in drug dealing thereby justifying and fuelling more xenophobic attacks.

This your analysis is dead on arrival.

The average black SA especially the mullato class are notoriously criminal minded.

Are Nigerians the one raping and robbing in SA?

The truth is that the Nigerian gangsters are motivated purely for money and not some bullsh!t gang banging ethos.

The Nigerian drug gangs are more successful and this is why they are being targeted.

Let's leave the Nigerian drug kingpins and consider other Africans in SA who are also targeted during such xenophobic riots. Are they also into drug peddling? The black SAs claim that the Zambians, Tanzanians are taking over their jobs.

This is just pure arrant nonsense spewed by the ruling ANC govt which has failed in job creation. The country is already experiencing recession and more and more white SAs are leaving SA for good over the racist policies of the ANC govt that wants to do a Zimbabwe 2.0 on White owned farms and businesses in what can only be described as Marxist wealth redistribution scheme to steal from wealthy whites and give to lazy SA blacks.

You must understand that the xenophobic riots are state sponsored to deflect from the massive failures of the socialist ANC to appease their lazy black supporters.

What is happening in SA is exactly what transpires in the north where their leaders instigate ethno-religious riots to both force a political agenda and to allow their almajiri mob rape and loot to their heart's desire.

By the time African immigrants leave South Africa, we shall see who they will blame for unemployment
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by kayusely70(m): 7:38am On Sep 07, 2019
That mob killing by them is unjustifiable.
Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by GMbuharii: 9:10am On Sep 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

This is the third account Im getting about the reality on ground. The two others are by independent sources. SAfricans have been issuing warnings a long time about Nigerians commiting crimes in their country. On social media if you identify as Nigerian in a South African circle they start to attack you right away but once you say you are Yoruba they calm down. Which to me says they know the criminal Nigerians. Like the op said their community vigilantes had probably become fed up and took self-help action to save communities from Ibos infesting their communities with crimes but it resulted in mob action and widespread attacks on everyone not SA.

Even here in Nigeria, Yoruba leaders have warned that you are toxic to our culture but their respect for law stops them from evicting you. In North Hausa/Fulani also have spoken up about your toxicity to their environment and because they are non-chalant about civil law or constitution, they backed it up with Kaduna Declaration, insisting all Ibos must vacate North.

In Ghana they know Ibo and don't like you. In Gabon few years ago children were dissapearing from different communities. They tracked it down to Nigerians living in their countries, and specifically Ibos. Once in a while the grab-and-go fails and the kidnapper is caught. Everytime its an Ibo.

We are tired of curse on our land. The SA are also tired and want cleansing. You Ibos are making living anywhere in the world and identifying as a Nigerian a risk for our lives. When people rise up against you we are involuntarily caught in the fracas.

Then why don't you do the needful,join the bandwagon for the separation of the "curse" from your country..it's as simple as that.

You cannot say all Igbos should go to the East and be treated continually like outcasts in their own forced country.

You people hate the igbos so much (who cares for your 4kn love?) but still need them with you,does that make any sense?
How can I hate something and still pray to God to keep it with me!?

It's like you hating poverty but still desire it to be close to and be with you!

I am Edo and may God forgive me,but I hate you people now

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by GMbuharii: 10:00am On Sep 07, 2019
1x2x3:

Yet you guys want to give your last drop of blood for the same Igbo to remain in the so called one Nigeria grin. This alone defeats the rubbish you just spewed. How can they be so bad yet Yorubas and Northerners will fight for them to stay with you?

He doesn't have an educated reply to this,if you ask him or do you, imperialyoruba?

1 Like

Re: I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience by Yatahamal: 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2019
APCLyingBastard:

You want facts?

SA has the highest murder and rape crimes committed mostly by black/colored SAs.

There are well established black/colored criminal gangs. I referenced the notorious homosexual prison gang called The Numbers.

SA economy has been shrinking since 1994 and has been overtaken by Nigeria as the biggest economy. Unemployment rates are growing yearly and the country has been in recession for the last 5yrs with no hope in sight.

The OP can be posting from even Ramphossa's parlour but that doesn't give him any waiver for being grossly uninformed about what is truly going on in that country.

Yeye
Nice shots u have here. The Op analysis has not nothing to do with tribe. And somehow u manage to bring it tribe? You need to take a break from nairaland and meet people or better still a therapist. Nairaland could mess up one mental health

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road / Omokri Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters / Welcome To Hell (graphic, Very Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.