Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians (23071 Views)

Covid19:hidden Camera Spots Chinese Citizens Beating Africans(nigerians)to Death / Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) / Xenophobia In South Africa: Nigerians Run During An Early Morning Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by NigeriaDaily247: 11:12pm On Sep 05, 2019
Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, has reacted to the xenophobic attacks going on across Africa.

Jonathan spoke during a keynote address he presented on Thursday at the ongoing International Peace Summit in Sao Tome and Principe.

He urged African leaders to protect lives and property on the continent.

Jonathan said: “To make meaningful progress, Africans must be encouraged to treat one another as brothers and sisters, in love and unity.

“Relations within and between nations should never be allowed to degenerate to a level where citizens will resort to self-help by visiting violence on fellow Africans and their legitimate business interests.

“Growth and development can only be cultivated and sustained when leaders ensure that the rights and freedoms of citizens, as well as migrants, are respected and protected.”

The conference has in attendance serving and former African leaders including Sao Tome President Evaristo Carvalho, Prime Minister Jorge Bom Jesus, former President of Niger Mahamane Ousmane and former President of Guinea Bissau, Manuel Serifo Nhamadjo.

Jonathan, Chairman of the African wing of the newly inaugurated International Summit Council for Peace, ISCP, added: “For peace to thrive, we must first build hope in the lives of the people because hope inspires love, love promotes peace, peace engenders justice while justice guarantees freedom and trust.

“These universal virtues are central to our quest for a peaceful and prosperous continent.

“I believe that the theme, ‘Building a Peaceful and Prosperous Africa Centered on Universal Values: Interdependence, mutual prosperity, and Universal Values’, speaks directly to the need for a concerted effort towards healing a troubled world.

“I will continue to state that the dream of the ISCP is consistent with my ideals and that of my Foundation. The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation, GJF, is committed to the principles that strengthen democracy, good governance, peace, and stability while promoting prosperity through youth empowerment in Africa.

“Building peace is a task for every one of us, irrespective of the position one occupies; whether as a leader or a follower, peace is an ideal which we must deliberately work for. Peace is not rained from heaven, it is a seed we plant and nurture for it to grow and bear fruits in our families, countries and the world at large.

“Peace, justice and democracy are some of the greatest ideas of our world. It is the tripod upon which sustainable development stands. Peace and development are mutually linked; none can survive in the absence of the other.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/09/05/xenophobia-jonathan-finally-reacts-tension-south-africans-nigerians/amp/

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by martphreak(m): 11:14pm On Sep 05, 2019
Finally FTC after this long time... I bliv my shine has come o and the Glory of the Lord is risen upon me...

Jonathan had to react too cos it seems Nigerians are reacting to avoid backlash... but sir you took very long to react but ma respect for u is still very intact....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by ijaw1stson: 11:38pm On Sep 05, 2019
man of peace

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by majamajic(m): 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Sweetas2(m): 4:00am On Sep 06, 2019
Are sure he did? Been waiting patiently for he's reaction now that my best President of all time has spoken I can now go n lash peacefully

8 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Kendumazy(m): 5:13am On Sep 06, 2019
OK
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by 9jayes: 5:14am On Sep 06, 2019
Sweetas2:
Are sure he did?

Very sure

12 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Olusholar24(m): 5:16am On Sep 06, 2019
Okay. Continue
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Akinola2543(m): 5:18am On Sep 06, 2019
my great Man God bless you for always being a peace keeping and not hesitating to take action president. Nigeria will always miss and respect u Sir. GEJ.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by anonimi: 5:19am On Sep 06, 2019
ijaw1stson:
man of peace

...........unlike the other man of dogs and baboons soaked in blood

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Empiree: 5:21am On Sep 06, 2019
What is all this now?. There must be elements of sanctions placed on SA by AU to teach them a lesson. SA recent violence is not Xenophobia but Black on Black Crime motivated by hate speech by SA authority. You don't need UN to deal with SA. You need AU if truly AU exist. SA must be isolated by AU.

As far as I am concerned, AU doesn't exist until borders linking African countries are collapsed and there is Visa free for all african countries like EU. Otherwise AU is a joke. And while AU deliberate next line of action on SA, Nigeria should independently caught off diplomatic ties with SA by any means necessary. Halt SA flights in and out of Nigeria. All SA giant companies must halt operation. All SA sea/ocean businesses in and out of nigeria must halt. We dont need to teach govt all these now.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by olayemioshiyemi: 5:36am On Sep 06, 2019
Some people don't even know what is happening and they are busy destroying shoprite, I asked one tout.... Oga what is happening.. The guy said they killed Xenophobia an igbo guy in South Africa ������am still looking for where to faint.. ���������

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Oshokomole36(m): 5:37am On Sep 06, 2019
My better presido wey valid cool u no b like DAT slowpoke wey dey aso rock undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Benblaq(m): 5:37am On Sep 06, 2019
The same man we called clueless, we are now hailing "man of peace"

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by AreaFada2: 5:40am On Sep 06, 2019
Empiree:
What is all this now?. There must be elements of sanctions placed on SA by AU to teach them a lesson. SA recent violence is not Xenophobia but Black on Black Crime motivated by hate speech by SA authority. You don't need UN to deal with SA. You need AU if truly AU exist. SA must be isolated by AU.

As far as I am concerned, AU doesn't exist until borders linking African countries are collapsed and there is Visa free for all african countries like EU. Otherwise AU is a joke. And while AU deliberate next line of action on SA, Nigeria should independently caught off diplomatic ties with SA by any means necessary. Halt SA flights in and out of Nigeria. All SA giant companies must halt operation. All SA sea/ocean businesses in and out of nigeria must halt. We dont need to teach govt all these now.

Nigerian elite have too much economic interests in SA and SA companies operating in Nigeria. Some of their kids and grand-kids study & live there.

In the grand scheme of things, the death of a few thousands of Nigerians is regrettable BUT acceptable so long their own interests are intact.

The government might make a "knee-jerk" reaction temporarily but nothing major will change. Sadly those foreign countries know it by now.

We punch way below our weight internationally. Way below compared to where we were in the First & Second Republics.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by crownwealth: 5:41am On Sep 06, 2019
Useless & clueless reaction

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Amazingman(m): 5:43am On Sep 06, 2019
There is something about Jonathan,an aura of wonders. As a human , no one is perfect but this man is visionary. An epitome of greatness. He is not foolish per se but a man filled with wisdom. So many people who worked in favour of voting this gentleman out, cry silently

26 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by freemanbubble: 5:45am On Sep 06, 2019
Okay
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 06, 2019
Every one is just reacting..
Me self go go react my own angry angry

Check my signature for all your digital marketing solutions
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Teejayphillip(m): 5:53am On Sep 06, 2019
OUR HERO! WE TRULY MISSED YOU.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by ijaw1stson: 5:54am On Sep 06, 2019
anonimi:

...........unlike the other man of dogs and baboons soaked in blood

lol

7 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Hazlett1988: 5:59am On Sep 06, 2019
No one like you,I miss you,Nigeria miss you.

6 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Seetto: 6:01am On Sep 06, 2019
This one just wake up from his ogogoro recessed. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by wink2015(m): 6:01am On Sep 06, 2019
NigeriaDaily247:

Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, has reacted to the xenophobic attacks going on across Africa.

Jonathan spoke during a keynote address he presented on Thursday at the ongoing International Peace Summit in Sao Tome and Principe.

He urged African leaders to protect lives and property on the continent.

Jonathan said: “To make meaningful progress, Africans must be encouraged to treat one another as brothers and sisters, in love and unity.

“Relations within and between nations should never be allowed to degenerate to a level where citizens will resort to self-help by visiting violence on fellow Africans and their legitimate business interests.

“Growth and development can only be cultivated and sustained when leaders ensure that the rights and freedoms of citizens, as well as migrants, are respected and protected.”

The conference has in attendance serving and former African leaders including Sao Tome President Evaristo Carvalho, Prime Minister Jorge Bom Jesus, former President of Niger Mahamane Ousmane and former President of Guinea Bissau, Manuel Serifo Nhamadjo.

Jonathan, Chairman of the African wing of the newly inaugurated International Summit Council for Peace, ISCP, added: “For peace to thrive, we must first build hope in the lives of the people because hope inspires love, love promotes peace, peace engenders justice while justice guarantees freedom and trust.

“These universal virtues are central to our quest for a peaceful and prosperous continent.

“I believe that the theme, ‘Building a Peaceful and Prosperous Africa Centered on Universal Values: Interdependence, mutual prosperity, and Universal Values’, speaks directly to the need for a concerted effort towards healing a troubled world.

“I will continue to state that the dream of the ISCP is consistent with my ideals and that of my Foundation. The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation, GJF, is committed to the principles that strengthen democracy, good governance, peace, and stability while promoting prosperity through youth empowerment in Africa.

“Building peace is a task for every one of us, irrespective of the position one occupies; whether as a leader or a follower, peace is an ideal which we must deliberately work for. Peace is not rained from heaven, it is a seed we plant and nurture for it to grow and bear fruits in our families, countries and the world at large.

“Peace, justice and democracy are some of the greatest ideas of our world. It is the tripod upon which sustainable development stands. Peace and development are mutually linked; none can survive in the absence of the other.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/09/05/xenophobia-jonathan-finally-reacts-tension-south-africans-nigerians/amp/

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan laundered money amounting to $15 million usa dollars to south Africa using the private jet of Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor under the pretext of going to buy firearms to prosecute the ongoing war against the boko haram insurgency.

Unfortunately, the private jet was intercepted at the south African airport and the money seized.

I am surprised he is coming out to speak when his hands are dirty with shady business dealings.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by dam2000(m): 6:02am On Sep 06, 2019
The real man

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by amazon14: 6:06am On Sep 06, 2019
While the BMC is here denying the existence of xenophobia by talking trash of who the videos are video shopped.

They think it's Nigeria thing
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by fasho01(m): 6:07am On Sep 06, 2019
Gej.. Bridge builder

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by amazon14: 6:09am On Sep 06, 2019
While the BMC is here denying the existence of xenophobia by talking trash of who the videos are video shopped.

They think it's Nigeria thing.

Well-done the hero of Africa democracy,

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by amazon14: 6:13am On Sep 06, 2019
crownwealth:
Useless & clueless reaction

Cry me a river he is 100 times better than your cowHari

8 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by naijadrivablog: 6:14am On Sep 06, 2019
grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:17am On Sep 06, 2019
olayemioshiyemi:
Some people don't even know what is happening and they are busy destroying shoprite, I asked one tout.... Oga what is happening.. The guy said they killed Xenophobia an igbo guy in South Africa ������am still looking for where to faint.. ���������
Hehehehe wink grin angry cheesy wink grin cheesy wink

Seetto:
This one just wake up from his ogogoro recessed. grin grin
No mind the ineffectual buffon himself, Aka, the drunk master!
King of looters.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman arrainged for biting neighbor's testicles in Lagos / Husband Slaughters Wife In Lagos / Baby With Umbilical Cord Dumped In Benue Polytechnic (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.