Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians (23083 Views)

Covid19:hidden Camera Spots Chinese Citizens Beating Africans(nigerians)to Death / Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) / Xenophobia In South Africa: Nigerians Run During An Early Morning Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by blindjustice13(m): 6:20am On Sep 06, 2019
Empiree:
What is all this now?. There must be elements of sanctions placed on SA by AU to teach them a lesson. SA recent violence is not Xenophobia but Black on Black Crime motivated by hate speech by SA authority. You don't need UN to deal with SA. You need AU if truly AU exist. SA must be isolated by AU.

As far as I am concerned, AU doesn't exist until borders linking African countries are collapsed and there is Visa free for all african countries like EU. Otherwise AU is a joke. And while AU deliberate next line of action on SA, Nigeria should independently caught off diplomatic ties with SA by any means necessary. Halt SA flights in and out of Nigeria. All SA giant companies must halt operation. All SA sea/ocean businesses in and out of nigeria must halt. We dont need to teach govt all these now.
you speak my mind.

#cutdiplomatictieswithsouthafrica

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by anonimi: 6:24am On Sep 06, 2019
Benblaq:
The same man we called clueless, we are now hailing "man of peace"

Let us just say that some of those who followed change blindly have regained their sight in the next level scam revealed and have joined those who saw clearly way ahead of them but were erroneously called wailers

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6267651_1510641139934_jpege8dffaed6f52da138b21556e4465e5b5

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by anonimi: 6:26am On Sep 06, 2019
AreaFada2:
Nigerian elite have too much economic interests in SA and SA companies operating in Nigeria. Some of their kids and grand-kids study & live there.

In the grand scheme of things, the death of a few thousands of Nigerians is regrettable BUT acceptable so long their own interests are intact.

The government might make a "knee-jerk" reaction temporarily but nothing major will change. Sadly those foreign countries know it by now.

We punch way below our weight internationally. Way below compared to where we were in the First & Second Republics.

Rare wisdom on display on nairaland.
Thanks for putting it out so clearly for the kids who hang around here to be enlightened too. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by mercyvivv(f): 6:27am On Sep 06, 2019
Nigeria my dear country! A man whose wife was so emboldened that she called northerners "born throwey"; here preaching love and harmony and...

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature.
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by anonimi: 6:28am On Sep 06, 2019

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by anonimi: 6:40am On Sep 06, 2019
mercyvivv:
Nigeria my dear country! A man whose wife was so emboldened that she called northerners "born throwey"; here preaching love and harmony and...

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature.

Should someone peddling lesson notes/plans for teachers, not be knowledgeable comprehensively about a subject before exposing her inadequacies
Where was your sanctimonious saint when Aisha Buhari called Edo women and girls prostitutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDjfd-7pobQ

His Excellency the executive governor, of Edo State, Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole, and our dear mother Hajia Aisha Oshiomole, His excellency the deputy governor of Edo state and his able and beautiful wife, the wife of our ... the wife of the chairman of our great party Mrs Oyegun, our zonal national woman leader, our state woman leader, the wives of the governors with me and the wives of the former governors that are with me, and the ones that we met here.

Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, we are here in Edo to see my sisters and mothers. The moment the executive governor started introducing some women to me, I know* that I am in the right place and I met the right APC women. ((crowd cheers)) This is what is called digital! These are digital women! I am so delighted to be here and I am overwhelmed by the reception I got from the women of Edo state.

We are not here to campaign but to say a very good thank you, a very very big thank you to my sister the wife of the deputy governor, the commissioner for women affairs, the wife of the chairman of the party, the zonal woman leader, and the state woman leader for the job well done they’ve been doing in educating the electorate in Edo state.

In each zone of the country we have peculiar problems; our problems differs*. For me in this zone, girl-child trafficking should be considered one of our problems, though I know there is unemployment. The unemployment is the major factor that contributes to brain drain and also the girl-child trafficking. General Muhammadu Buhari is a leader, he was a leader, he led Nigeria some decades ago, and he is coming back now to sanitise the system.

For those that are campaigning, saying that he is coming to jail Nigerians, I don’t know what their fear*, but they shouldn’t because we are all yearning for change. The insecurity of the country, the very very very bad healthcare system, lack of education and other basic necessities that people are lacking. I think they need somebody like him now, and already some years back he have* been contesting. They have painted him black using religion. I’m happy today Nigerians discovered that they use religion as a cover to loot Nigeria to nonsense*. They’ve grounded the country. Whoever talks to you about religion in this country, a politician that can talk to you about religion, he is a liar. He is a liar, he wants to loot! He wants to loot the little resources you supposed* to enjoy, so say no to politics, comparing it, matching it with religion to deceive people.

I’m here today to let Edo women know that when my husband elected* into the office of the ... president of the federal republic of Nigeria, all these are going to be history. The insecurity, the girl-child trafficking, suffering of the widows in the south-east will come to an end. There must be a design, a cultural design that can accommodate the widow, and then a design that can make the girl-child comfortable wherever she is in this country. She doesn’t need to leave her country to go and prostitute elsewhere. It is not her portion. Her portion is to have a moral, a highly standard* moral society for her to live, get married, have children, train them ... train them and also mould them to become the future of our leaders*.

We’re here today to also educate you and to let you know that the collection of PVCs is important. You collect your PVC and don’t sell it. Don’t ever sell it. Don’t ever sell it; it’s like selling your future again. When you sell it for five thousand, you won't see five thousand* again till after four years, which is too bad for you. Get your PVC, vote for APC, vote for freedom, vote for new Nigeria. Good security, good education, good health care, good road* and all the basic necessities should be given to you.

I thank you all for being here this afternoon, being under the sun for hours waiting to see me. Thank you so much, I love you all. Thank you, thank you so much.

Last week ... sorry last week we lost a sister, a mother, a former woman leader, Mrs Modinat Omoduwa. Can we have a one minute silence* for her…
((8 second pause))
May her soul rest in perfect peace. Thank you so much.

APC!! APC!! APC!! Edo!! Edo!! Nigeria!!

God bless you all.

* -> Verbatim

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3220187_img11010123498002_jpeg_jpeg62c874903b6f8a5c196c046ea4a90862

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by MrPaul2: 6:43am On Sep 06, 2019
wink2015:

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan laundered money amounting to $15 million usa dollars to south Africa using the private jet of Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor under the pretext of going to buy firearms to prosecute the ongoing war against the boko haram insurgency.

Unfortunately, the private jet was intercepted at the south African airport and the money seized.

I am surprised he is coming out to speak when his hands are dirty with shady business dealings.
And you have the paperwork and signature to proof this poo?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Gbengar07: 6:49am On Sep 06, 2019
grin[color=#000099][/color]
martphreak:
ok
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 06, 2019
All of them are just reacting... are they chemicals... pls we need actions not reactions.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by aksule(m): 6:54am On Sep 06, 2019
Those amongst us that refer to our former amiable President Goodluck Johnathan as ineffectual baffon, drunkard etc are only expressing their freedom of speech which we all know now that such utterances are classified as fake news, hatred and felony.
Anyway come to think of it, most of us just copy or repeat what was in the media or market square without verifying. We are good at reacting to news and even take physical action based on heresy

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Predstan: 7:29am On Sep 06, 2019
Empiree:
What is all this now?. There must be elements of sanctions placed on SA by AU to teach them a lesson. SA recent violence is not Xenophobia but Black on Black Crime motivated by hate speech by SA authority. You don't need UN to deal with SA. You need AU if truly AU exist. SA must be isolated by AU.

As far as I am concerned, AU doesn't exist until borders linking African countries are collapsed and there is Visa free for all african countries like EU. Otherwise AU is a joke. And while AU deliberate next line of action on SA, Nigeria should independently caught off diplomatic ties with SA by any means necessary. Halt SA flights in and out of Nigeria. All SA giant companies must halt operation. All SA sea/ocean businesses in and out of nigeria must halt. We dont need to teach govt all these now.

EU Visa does not take you to all EU countries. Only schengen Visa takes you to all schengen countries...

Take note of that

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Madas1986(m): 7:36am On Sep 06, 2019
Oshokomole36:
My better presido wey valid cool u no b like DAT slowpoke wey dey aso rock undecided
.oludo tell me his Effort during the 2015 xenophobic attack in SA
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by NaijaNews101: 7:38am On Sep 06, 2019
Boko Haram attacks Borno Governor’s convoy

The Governor of Borno State, Prof. Babagana Zulum suffered an attack on Thursday September 5, as gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram insurgents opened fire on his convoy.

The Borno Governor’s convoy was attacked in Konduga by 9pm, while returning from a trip to Bama Local Government Area. Zulum had visited Bayo, Kwaya Kusar, Askira Uba and Gwoza as part of his “familiarity and need assessment tour” of the 27 LGAs in the state.

Konduga which has been attacked so many times by a faction of Boko Haram under the control of Abubakar Shekau, is said to be near Sambisa forest.

A source told TheCable that................................................

read more through below link

https://www.naijanewsgist.com/news/boko-haram-attacks-borno-governors/
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by okeniti: 7:39am On Sep 06, 2019
Very apt sir, you deserve a six pack of Maltina. I would also add a proper AU would not allow travelling within Africa cost more than travelling out Africa in certain cases.

Empiree:

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by zedman1(m): 7:40am On Sep 06, 2019
Benblaq:
The same man we called clueless, we are now hailing "man of peace"
Every past president, no matter how bad they ruled, at certain points become saints. It's the norm, it's just that Nigerians don't know this fact. We are very quick to judge, quick to forgive and we forget like we have fish brains. We dont know when we do these things. I said same here about Yar'adua, Jonathan and I will say it again. The next president will 'see pepper '. Buhari by then will become a saint.
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by tunary(m): 7:44am On Sep 06, 2019
olayemioshiyemi:
Some people don't even know what is happening and they are busy destroying shoprite, I asked one tout.... Oga what is happening.. The guy said they killed Xenophobia an igbo guy in South Africa ������am still looking for where to faint.. ���������
LWKMFHO hahahaha grin
olayemioshiyemi:
Some people don't even know what is happening and they are busy destroying shoprite, I asked one tout.... Oga what is happening.. The guy said they killed Xenophobia an igbo guy in South Africa ������am still looking for where to faint.. ���������
LWKMFHO hahahaha
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Godwin2am(m): 7:51am On Sep 06, 2019
martphreak:
Finally FTC after this long time... I bliv my shine has come o and the Glory of the Lord is risen upon me...

Jonathan had to react too cos it seems Nigerians are reacting to avoid backlash... but sir you took very long to react but ma respect for u is still very intact....
HE IS A PEACE AMBASSEDOR, AFTER QUARREL & FIGHTING YOU SETTLE FOR PEACE
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by spartan50(m): 7:51am On Sep 06, 2019
wink2015:

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan laundered money amounting to $15 million usa dollars to south Africa using the private jet of Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor under the pretext of going to buy firearms to prosecute the ongoing war against the boko haram insurgency.

Unfortunately, the private jet was intercepted at the south African airport and the money seized.

I am surprised he is coming out to speak when his hands are dirty with shady business dealings.
Must you show your stupidity all. Go and sleep joor
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Godwin2am(m): 7:52am On Sep 06, 2019
martphreak:
Finally FTC after this long time... I bliv my shine has come o and the Glory of the Lord is risen upon me...

Jonathan had to react too cos it seems Nigerians are reacting to avoid backlash... but sir you took very long to react but ma respect for u is still very intact....
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by lexy2014: 7:56am On Sep 06, 2019
post=81964941:

Hehehehe wink grin angry cheesy wink grin cheesy wink

No mind the ineffectual buffon himself, Aka, the drunk master!
King of looters.

Buhari seems to have outdone Jonathan in everything u wrote. Who are those buhari is supervising as ministers?

See how an "ineffective buffoon" stood up 2d south Africans when he was president. Buhari should learn from him.

www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203961204577269271798505642&grqid=rWI_GHAF&s=1&hl=en-NG

www.thecable.ng/flashback-jonathan-deported-south-africans-nigerians-yellow-card&grqid=rWI_GHAF&s=1&hl=en-NG

www.dailypost.ng/2012/03/08/south-africa-deportation-au-begs-jonathan/%26grqid%3DrWI_GHAF%26s%3D1%26hl%3Den-NG&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj0wfPZzbvkAhWFnVwKHamGDfAQFjACegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw1dEokVFvTRRNrL8rOiVzAq
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by victorazyvictor(m): 7:57am On Sep 06, 2019
Amazingman:
There is something about Jonathan,an aura of wonders. As a human , no one is perfect but this man is visionary. An epitome of greatness. He is not foolish per se but a man filled with wisdom. So many people who worked in favour of voting this gentleman out, cry silently

The election was rigged, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Godson32(m): 8:06am On Sep 06, 2019
Opposite of Bubuhari
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by AKAWORLDWIDE: 8:36am On Sep 06, 2019
Get the fvck out of my country if you can't obey our laws
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by BluntBoy(m): 8:43am On Sep 06, 2019
Amazingman:
There is something about Jonathan,an aura of wonders. As a human , no one is perfect but this man is visionary. An epitome of greatness. He is not foolish per se but a man filled with wisdom. So many people who worked in favour of voting this gentleman out, cry silently

As for the bold, one would wonder how you knew this.

And you called Jonathan a visionary. I wonder what he did differently either as a state governor or president that made you feel so. He couldn't see a recession coming, and when the Economist warned him about it, he still couldn't will himself to combat corruption, nor find a wise way to encourage savings.

And you also feel he is filled with wisdom? Wisdom that couldn't translate into good governance. His many blunders are an obvious evidence of his lack of wisdom.
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by BluntBoy(m): 8:53am On Sep 06, 2019
aksule:
Those amongst us that refer to our former amiable President Goodluck Johnathan as ineffectual baffon, drunkard etc are only expressing their freedom of speech which we all know now that such utterances are classified as fake news, hatred and felony.
Anyway come to think of it, most of us just copy or repeat what was in the media or market square without verifying. We are good at reacting to news and even take physical action based on heresy

I guess the Economist who first used the word "ineffectual buffoon" on Goodluck Jonathan were peddling fake news abi

You people should give it a rest. Goodluck Jonathan was an ineffectual buffoon. Nothing can change that.
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by BluntBoy(m): 8:56am On Sep 06, 2019
victorazyvictor:

The election was rigged, that's all.

So, the narrative now is that the 2015 election was rigged?

The very same election where GEJ was roundly beaten?
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Amazingman(m): 9:09am On Sep 06, 2019
BluntBoy:

As for the bold, one would wonder how you knew this.

And you called Jonathan a visionary. I wonder what he did differently either as a state governor or president that made you feel so. He couldn't see a recession coming, and when the Economist warned him about it, he still couldn't will himself to combat corruption, nor find a wise way to encourage savings.

And you also feel he is filled with wisdom? Wisdom that couldn't translate into good governance. His many blunders are an obvious evidence of his lack of wisdom.

And so far with the current fight on corruption of the present government, tell me what impact it has on the society so far. Just asking, what will permit Nigeria as a nation to be regarded as the poverty hqof the world. Again, the atmosphere of chaos ravaging across Nigeria with a former general in power is still Jonathan's fault ? Just saying, do you know the economic situation of Nigeria now, do you know the suffering people are going through? Plsss
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by BluntBoy(m): 9:13am On Sep 06, 2019
Amazingman:

And so far with the current fight on corruption of the present government, tell me what impact it has on the society so far. Just asking, what will permit Nigeria as a nation to be regarded as the poverty hqof the world. Again, the atmosphere of chaos ravaging across Nigeria with a former general in power is still Jonathan's fault ? Just saying, do you know the economic situation of Nigeria now, do you know the suffering people are going through? Plsss

I thought we were discussing Jonathan
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Amazingman(m): 9:15am On Sep 06, 2019
BluntBoy:

I thought we were discussing Jonathan

I thought as much before you brought in recession.
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by BluntBoy(m): 9:30am On Sep 06, 2019
Amazingman:

I thought as much before you brought in recession.

So recession means Buhari grin

Everything I wrote there was about Goodluck Jonathan.

How you managed to see Buhari anywhere in it beats me.
Re: Xenophobia: Jonathan Finally Reacts To Tension Between South Africans, Nigerians by Amazingman(m): 9:43am On Sep 06, 2019
BluntBoy:

So recession means Buhari grin

Everything I wrote there was about Goodluck Jonathan.

How you managed to see Buhari anywhere in it beats me.

j

Everything you wrote was about GJ and his administration Take note.

I never even mentioned buhari too, I only did as you did and mentioned the current administration.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Shehu Nura, Quantity Surveyor For Issuance Of Dud Cheque / Man's Lip Bitten Off In Ghana Because He Wanted To Help Someone (Graphic PIC) / David Hundeyin: How My Wife Abused Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.