Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi (35036 Views)

Evidenced Based Narration Of Ikoyi Magistrate Extortion / Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry / How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by generationz(f): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
truthsayer009:
Sir, Please stand your ground. Last last your wife will not give you any Sex for few weeks due to anger.

You go do soapy. Marlians.

you never marry na, you fit give this advice. grin
Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by KcMarShalL(f): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
That's how my sister after spending 15k for ashoebi, no see water drink, not to talk of rice and soda. They went to the caterer, she told them that there was no provision for the ashoebi, that it's only for the husband's committee of friends... lolz
Scam everywhere
Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by generationz(f): 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2019
wwwkaycom:
Hoooo. Why should I stop her from buying hers? She is insisting I must pay the 29K. I have told her I'm not paying a dime, she can go ahead to buy hers. I'm not even going to send anything to the celebrant because I've made up my mind not to attend. The celebrant is the same person who packaged the inferior clothing material that washed away late last year, I must do this so that they won't make attempt to extend such to me in the future. This is obvious fraud and my wife's stubbornness on the issue annoys me a lot.

Oga I'm sorry and don't mean to be rude, but if you can't enforce a decision based on something as simple as Ashoebi at home and have to come online for people to corroborate your decision then there is something wrong with your authority at home.

Madam is supposed to know some things you won't even comment on. Eg extorsion by family members. She is even the one supposed to say. If she is a socialite out of " fear" and respect for you she wont even bring it up, she would just use her money for hers because some women can't offend their family members no matter what.

It seems you give into her every demand. Oga, easy o. Even pikin dey spoil.
Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by Arabs999: 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
chiommy123:
Are you stopping her from buying the materials? She can buy all she wants while you wear what you have or she can as well buy for you

If the wife will agree to pay half of the amount, then there would not be much disagreement..
.. While in other room, they will agree to disagree..
.. And when there is agreement, kpekus all the way...
Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by larrypourl(m): 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
I buy cap only if you're so close to me. If your cap pass 1.5k, I'm not buying.
Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
generationz:

Oga I'm sorry and don't mean to be rude, but if you can't enforce a decision based on something as simple as Ashoebi at home and have to come online for people to corroborate your decision then there is something wrong with your authority at home.

Madam is supposed to know some things you won't even comment on. Eg extorsion by family members. She is even the one supposed to say. If she is a socialite out of " fear" and respect for you she wont even bring it up, she would just use her money for hers because some women can't offend their family members no matter what.

It seems you give into her every demand. Oga, easy o. Even pikin dey spoil.

Na wa o
Fine the wife is wrong to demand so much for aso ebi but what kind of advice is this?
Marriage is not oga and slave relationship it is partnership based on love and the op is not wrong at all by being diplomatic in his relations with his wife.

Don't encourage him to start being harsh with her by questioning his authority at home. Thanks and god bless

1 Like

Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by extremelygolden: 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
wwwkaycom:
What is this thing about clothing for ceremonies. I don't buy aso ebi, in fact I hate it. I will wear whatever dress I have to attend your function.

But there come instances when you just have to buy. My brother in-law got married late last year and I had to join them in buying their aso ebi only to discover that the dress they sold for 7.5k is just 3k in the market and the dress faded on first wash. I told my wife that she forced me to buy it. That one is gone.

Now, they are planning a funeral programme again and my wife is telling me I must buy their clothing material again. The dress, mine and hers will cost 29k, I got small sample of the material (for male and female), gave it to my textile dealer friend and she told me four trouser length of the male material will cost 6k, while the one for women (wrapper and head tie inclusive) will cost 13k making a total of 19k. I told my wife I'm not buying but she has been on my neck since two days now.

How can someone be extorting me just because they wanted to do funeral? What kind of family thing is this? I'll cough out 29k in this Baba's economy and still give financial assistance to the woman whose father died o.

Why are our people like this?

Still standing my ground while my wife is still insisting I must pay even till now. The funeral comes up first weekend in October.

Op, you didn't even finish the gist. Money for sowing the fabrics nko? And some tailors, abi fashion designers can charge for Africa. Not to mention shoes and bags to match for your wife.

My neighbour stopped talking to me because on two different occasions she brought aso ebi for me to buy, I objected. She kuku doesn't even invite me for her functions.

Wetin concern me. Who aso ebi epp?

1 Like

Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by generationz(f): 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
NLmember:

Na wa o
Fine the wife is wrong to demand so much for aso ebi but what kind of advice is this?
Marriage is not oga and slave relationship it is partnership based on love and the op is not wrong at all by being diplomatic in his relations with his wife.

Don't encourage him to start being harsh with her by questioning his authority at home. Thanks and god bless

Diplomatic you say?

Bringing something as little as ashoebi matter to nairaland for opinion
before he decide is what you call diplomacy? undecided

Oga, for him to bring this tiny issue here e mean say water don pass garri.

Or did he bring it here for us to bash her?

Tell me how men enforced decisions in their homes before nairaland was created.

Nothing like being harsh.

There are leaders we fear, respect and love all at once. They are not mean but at the same time aren't push overs.
Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by Smile4mee01: 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
I thought I was the only one with this idea.

It makes no sense i swear... Some women are quick to buy aso ebi 15k but reluctant to pay 10k for thier child lesson teacher to tutor the child. Or even help a close family relative with 10k.

Misplaced priority. This trend is common amongst the very poor. Come to Ikorodu, Lagos and see how people especially women take serious parties, aso ebis and the likes.

Now I know there are people like me.... No aso ebi at all. If you insist, I am not coming. Wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2019
generationz:

you never marry na, you fit give this advice. grin

Iyam waiting for you na. Na you I wan marry but your shakara dom too much. So I just move on.
Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by generationz(f): 11:47am On Sep 13, 2019
truthsayer009:

Iyam waiting for you na. Na you I wan marry but your shakara dom too much. So I just move on.

Marry? since when?
Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2019
generationz:

Marry? since when?

Lol, go joor.
Re: Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi by CAPSLOCKED: 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
Logobenz4:
We are the same sort of just that I am a little extreme than you are because I won't even bother coming in the first place.
If you invite me for any wedding,gathering,funeral etc that I have no interest in,I won't come.

Then I also don't buy aso ebi but could support with cash if you are of value to me.

STORY OF MY LIFE.

MY TIGHT MAN IS GETTING MARRIED TODAY AND I'M IN MY HOUSE WATCHING LIVERPOOL. I WON'T GO. I DON'T CARE. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Paralysed Stay-At-Home Husband Impregnates A Disabled Girl On His Street" / MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos / Woman Burnt Money Hidden Inside Laundry Basket By Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.