Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,570 members, 7,958,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:00 PM

Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed (21145 Views)

XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Xenophobia: 315 South Africa Returnees Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by EdiskyHarry: 5:01pm On Sep 06, 2019
Now is the time for all Nigerians to leave south Africa, anybody that insist to stay, you are on your own. I don't want to hear of this xenophobic attack on Nigerians again. Your life is better than your business.
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by deltateam: 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2019
Chai! How am I going to tell my brother that I used his money meant for building a bungalow to play Aja4?

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Blue3k(m): 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2019
The plan by the Air Peace Airline to evacuate Nigerians in South Africa from Sept. 6 suffered a setback as majority of those interested in the process have expired passports.

That's pretty irresponsible of them to not renew it. Just issue emergency documents after they prove their citizenship.
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by colestephan86: 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2019
kakakii:
See am

How will you allow your Passport and travel documents to expire in another man's land without doing anything about it. Sometimes it's difficult to defend our people...

When FG said no Nigerian died people were shouting and saying Lai Mohammed, what do you expect FG to do when Nigerian citizens are not properly documented.
As far as the FG is concerned if a Nigerian nationals with no documentation died = No one died ..

Someone with no documentation can claim any country....

Made me remember one controversial video I watched about china harvesting people's organ ..

They arrest people with no documentation and harvest their organ making it difficult for people to locate them.
Only God knows how many of our Citizens have died abroad

Lalasticlala
Bros not having documents isn't something we haven't heard before, it happens everywhere in the world. Thousands of Europeans are scattered around Europe without docs . Not having documents or having expired docs shouldn't pose a threat to their lives n properties.
There are loads of Chinese here in Nigeria that have expired documents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by kakakii: 5:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
colestephan86:

Bros not having documents isn't something we haven't heard before, it happens everywhere in the world. Thousands of Europeans are scattered around Europe without docs . Not having documents or having expired docs shouldn't pose a threat to their lives n properties.
There are loads of Chinese here in Nigeria that have expired documents.

The fact that millions of Europeans are doing it doesn't make it right or legit.. It's annoying to say the least

Look at the way you are trivialising travel documents
"it's not something we haven't heard before "

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by VMpi744: 5:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
Going by your logic (the same logic or line of thought you ascribed to Oga Lai), this would mean Nigerians in Nigeria with No Passport are not Nigerians. Na wa ooo undecided
This your logic no be here man.

If you have have ever gone through stress while renewing you passport in countries where Nigeria has just one Immigration office (usually Under the High Commission), you would know why people have expired passport.

The process is almost shit! Just the same way it is Nigeria. Spending hours on the queue just to do simple biometric.
Then you give a date for people come collect their new passport. They come on the stated date travelling from outta town (some people may have to fly or take night bus), only for them to be told their passport ain't ready cos The immigration is outta booklets

Then you tell them to apply for Emergency Travel Document if they need to travel to Nigeria Urgently. I have seen people cry or go into full rage outta frustration of the entire process.

In some other climes, getting a passport is easy peasy. Go to the post office or some other designated office. Get your biometrics captured, make payment and wait for your passport. No stories.

kakakii:
See am

How will you allow your Passport and travel documents to expire in another man's land without doing anything about it. Sometimes it's difficult to defend our people...

When FG said no Nigerian died people were shouting and saying Lai Mohammed, what do you expect FG to do when Nigerian citizens are not properly documented.
As far as the FG is concerned if a Nigerian nationals with no documentation died = No one died ..

Made me remember one controversial video I watched about china harvesting people's organ ..

They arrest people with no documentation and harvest their organ making it difficult for people to locate them.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Sicilyjoe: 5:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
Rubish excuse, are u telling me that all those returnees from Libya have valid documents ?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by puredigital(f): 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2019
mu2sa2:
Those igbo guys still want to continue with whatever they are doing in south africa - selling fake recharge cards, drugs etc.
Must you be tribalistic? This your act won't take us far as one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by madridsta007(m): 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2019
kakakii:
See am

Lalasticlala

Possibly millions of British citizens do not have passports or up-to-date passports.
I know this for a fact.

You ask them and they say, "why do I need a passport when I am not travelling? It is a waste of money". And I understand their argument. How many Nigerians in Nigeria actually have a Nigerian passport?
LOL. Now you see my point.

This is not new. Diasporan citizens are more interested in the documentation of their host country and not their country of origin. Most times, they travel to Nigeria on a Nigerian visa but with the passport of the host country.

This is not strange. Before you insult them, understand a bit about international travel and migration.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by kakakii: 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2019
VMpi744:
Going by your logic (the same logic or line of thought you ascribed to Oga Lai), this would mean Nigerians in Nigeria with No Passport are not Nigerians. Na wa ooo undecided
This your logic no be here man.

If you have have ever gone through stress while renewing you passport in countries where Nigeria has just one Immigration office (usually Under the High Commission), you would know why people have expired passport.

The process is almost shit! Just the same way it is Nigeria. Spending hours on the queue just to do simple biometric.
Then you give a date for people come collect their new passport. They come on the stated date travelling from outta town (some people may have to fly or take night bus), only for them to be told their passport ain't ready cos The immigration is outta booklets

Then you tell them to apply for Emergency Travel Document if they need to travel to Nigeria Urgently. I have seen people cry or go into full rage outta frustration of the entire process.

In some other climes, getting a passport is easy peasy. Go to the post office or some other designated office. Get your biometrics captured, make payment and wait for your passport. No stories.

I have been in that position of renewing my passport overseas before.. Yes the process was stressful but I know what's at stake..

Being a Nigerian in another man's country is stressful enough
Then a Nigerian with an expired passport in another man's land
There is no justification for that
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by colestephan86: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2019
kakakii:

The fact that millions of Europeans are doing it doesn't make it right or legit.. It's annoying to say the least

Look at the way you are trivialising travel documents
"it's not something we haven't heard before "
You do not understand , is not having travel documents mean u should be killed or repatriated?
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by kakakii: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
colestephan86:

You do not understand , is not having travel documents mean u should be killed or repatriated?
You are the one not getting my point..
Even if you are a thief no one deserves jungle justice..

I'm saying when you are abroad you don't allow your documents to expired for that long...
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by SoNature(m): 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
IdioticNLmods:
Let them all come back.. Leave that useless country.
They should be issued passports asap before one of those jealous idiots spots them and waste their blood.

When someone does not have a valid passport, how will you know he is a Nigerian?

Or do you want the plane to carry useless people from other West African countries and dump them in Nigeria?

I am sure we have enough population already

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by VMpi744: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2019
Quick question. Were you living in the same city where the Nigerian High Commission was located? + How is the Nigerian Population Density in that country.

+ You dont know if they are currently working on renewals?

That is not the main issue here sef.
Why didnt they just issue all of them ETC and carry them home already.

Naija Govt too like eye service. Look the kind thing wey dey make news.... we couldn't airlift the Nigerians in SA cos their Nigerian Passport has expired.... undecided

Shoroniyen...

kakakii:

I have been in that position of renewing my passport overseas before.. Yes the process was stressful but I know what's at stake..

Being a Nigerian in another man's country is stressful enough
Then a Nigerian with an expired passport in another man's land
There is no justification for that
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Sicilyjoe: 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2019
SoNature:

When someone does not have a valid passport, how will you know he is a Nigerian?

Or do you want the plane to carry useless people from other West African countries and dump them in Nigeria?

Having a expired passport is different from not having at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by SmartyPants(m): 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2019
tpiander:

So, you mean no fuel?

No, I mean this is a goodwill gesture from a private enterprise so if you are not making a private contribution then why are you giving suggestions that will involve higher expenditure for Air Peace?
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by colestephan86: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2019
kakakii:

I'm saying when you are abroad you don't allow your documents to expired for that long...

I'm pinky and you are the brain.
Thanks for sharing your views
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by VMpi744: 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2019
What part of the news stated how long their passports has expired. Maybe I missed that part.

Bro it could have expired just yesterday.. lol. We dont know.
BTW... there was a news that said the Nigerian Embassy in SA shut it doors against Nigerians when this whole thing was getting out of hand. Maybe they were rushing to renew their passports cheesy. We dont know.

So stop making statements based on assumptions that may be faulty.

kakakii:

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by SoNature(m): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2019
Sicilyjoe:

Having a expired passport is different from not having at all

Nope!

You shouldn't live in a country where you don't have permanent residence permit and allow your document to expire.

Having expired passport means that you are an immigrant and it is an offense.

The person should be arrested at once.
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2019
hmm
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2019
sonnie10:
There is an emergency travel documentation that can be issued on the spot by Nigeria embassy if they are really serious about evacuation.
don’t mind them. Na eye service. As long as they can verify the folks are Nigerian, they could easily give them emergency passports or a waiver for them to return. If truly this was an emergency.
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Sicilyjoe: 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2019
SoNature:

Nope!

You shouldn't live in a country where you don't have permanent residence permit and allow your document to expire.

Having expired passport means that you are an immigrant and it is an offense.

The person should be arrested at once.

Who should arrest the person, Nigeria or south Africa ?
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Princeofasia: 5:27pm On Sep 06, 2019
Arw these people mad. Do they think people with legal stay will have issues returning? Like wtf. In all countries i have visited the people that will always want to come back are always the ones without papers. Are these dumbfucks saying they dont know about that??
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by VMpi744: 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2019
That thing called the 1999 constitution clearly defines who is a Nigerian.
Go look am up. I no think say dem mention passport for there.

I would drop this here.

"Getting a passport doesn't make you a citizen, being a citizen allows you to get a passport."

SoNature:

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2019
kakakii:
See am

EDIT
No matter your status abroad.. No one deserves to die

Pls let’s be considerate when commenting. I am abroad and my passport has expired. We always delay renewing until we are in Nigeria due to the missions stress.
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by oieda: 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2019
Busy003:

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/09/06/xenophobia-airlines-evacuations-plan-postponed/

Is this not an emergency?

Is not like these people are from a different country.

Shei they have passport issued by the same FG in the past. FG has stuff on record about these people. Is not like these people are just claming Naija citizenship like that like that.

Let them return, and then in Lagos, the first thing on arrival should be the issuing of the new passport free of charge.
If they are killed in SA will you be asking for renewed passports for the corpses?

Even if it means bringing them and putting them in holding until the new passport is issued. What are diplomatic relations for for God's sake.
Abi I don't know somtin?
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by GistFullGround: 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2019

WTF, even if you have expired passports, you can issue TRAVEL CERTIFICATES in lieu of the expired passports during an emergency

This is the dumbest excuse!

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Innobee99(m): 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2019
kakakii:
See am

EDIT
No matter your status abroad.. No one deserves to die
Oga, dies that warrant killing them. Why not give them ultimatum to leave their country rather than this inhumane act
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by SoNature(m): 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2019
Sicilyjoe:

Who should arrest the person, Nigeria or south Africa ?

SA
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by ogunladeabiodu(m): 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2019
tpiander:

So, you mean no fuel?
there is but not free.its cost has to be borne by who
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Sicilyjoe: 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
SoNature:

SA

So in this emergency situation u still want SA to arrest them ?
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Beautyaddy: 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2019
Very stupid excuse from both Air peace Airlines and the Nigerian government.

People with expired passport of their Country of citizenship can still travel to their Country of citizenship with the expired passport na

Or am I missing something

Believe it or not those people(Air peace Airlines and the Nigerian Government) had no true intensions of saving those Nigerians from South Africa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Container Falls On Ojuelegba Bridge / COVID-19: UAE Lifts Ban On Travels Between Dubai And Nigeria / Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.